Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Aussie women agree wth Sheikh Taj (Read 4949 times)
GH

Australian Politics

Re: Aussie women agree wth Sheikh Taj
Reply #30 - Jan 2nd, 2011 at 2:21pm

There are some good items on the Australian Islamist Monitor you would enjoy

http://www.australianislamistmonitor.org/

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Aussie women agree wth Sheikh Taj
Reply #31 - Jan 2nd, 2011 at 4:22pm

Quote:
Look the Sheikh said that sometimes women encourage and entice men into committing these acts, these women said the same thing. It's pretty simple really, your obstinate refusal to just accept that is truly worrying fd.

But Abu, you also said this:

Quote:
Actually, he didn't even goto this extent in what he said. Funny how when a Muslim makes statements like this, it causes a furore for years to come, yet when these women say this, it's barely even noticed...

Did you mean to imply that the bits that caused the furore were the same bits that these women agreed with? It certainly sounds like it. I am fairly sure that you were not merely making a vague philosophical comment about people's ability to get themselves into trouble and that you meant to imply that the women agreed with something he actually said.

Or did you hope we could brush over the insignificant details, like the difference between a drunk woman throwing herself at a footballer in a bar vs an 'evil western woman' leaving the house without her tent on? It certainly seems that you ability to make any kind of connection between what the two groups think disappears as soon as you have to acknowledge what was actually said.

The fact is, the women did not say the same thing, and you had to misrepresent what both groups said in order to make that claim.

This is what the sheik actually said:

Quote:
If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside on the street, or in the garden or in the park, or in the backyard without a cover, and the cats come and eat it ... whose fault is it, the cats' or the uncovered meat? The uncovered meat is the problem. If she was in her room, in her home, in her hijab, no problem would have occurred."

It is your inability, and the sheik's inability to tell the difference that caused the uproar Abu. It is not some kind of bias against Muslims. The sheik brought the trouble upon himself. He might as well be a piece of meat left out for the cats.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print