Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
AFP aids Afghan hit squads (Read 3385 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: AFP aids Afghan hit squads
Reply #15 - Jan 1st, 2011 at 1:10pm

Quote:
I stated Muslims elected leaders, not non-Muslims elected leaders.

So non-Muslims were not allowed to vote?

Quote:
Why would you now ask a question that completely contradicts the statement I made?

I am trying to figure out why you think it is relevant. Perhaps you think an Afghan government would only be legitimate if only Muslims could vote, only Muslims could get elected, and only Shariah law could be implemented. That would certainly explain your absurd claims about the legitimacy of the government. Here I was thinking your criticisms of the election being rigged were about democratic shortcomings, not because you see democracy itself as illegitimate. This is exactly why I suggested you go back to the basics rather than expecting people to see all the absurd assumptions behind your claims.

Quote:
Again, not part of my statement, so irrelevant. You are in fact now just proving my long-standing dispute with you over the real meaning of democracy fd, the best part, you don't even realise it.

How can you prove a dispute Abu? Please try to make sense.

Quote:
I never said anything about democracy. Islam completely rejects the nonsensical ideology of democracy.

Perhaps you should look back obver the thread and see what we were discussing Abu.

Abu, do you claim to know the 'real meaning' of democracy, while also rejecting it as a 'nonsensical ideology'?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #16 - Jan 1st, 2011 at 2:52pm

freediver wrote on Jan 1st, 2011 at 1:10pm:
Quote:
I stated Muslims elected leaders, not non-Muslims elected leaders.

Quote:
Why would you now ask a question that completely contradicts the statement I made?

I am trying to figure out why you think it is relevant. Perhaps you think an Afghan government would only be legitimate if only Muslims could vote, only Muslims could get elected, and only Shariah law could be implemented. That would certainly explain your absurd claims about the legitimacy of the government. Here I was thinking your criticisms of the election being rigged were about democratic shortcomings, not because you see democracy itself as illegitimate. This is exactly why I suggested you go back to the basics rather than expecting people to see all the absurd assumptions behind your claims.

Quote:
Again, not part of my statement, so irrelevant. You are in fact now just proving my long-standing dispute with you over the real meaning of democracy fd, the best part, you don't even realise it.

Quote:
I never said anything about democracy. Islam completely rejects the nonsensical ideology of democracy.

Perhaps you should look back obver the thread and see what we were discussing Abu.

Abu, do you claim to know the 'real meaning' of democracy, while also rejecting it as a 'nonsensical ideology'?

Yeah, very well put FD..that seems to cover it all...

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #17 - Jan 1st, 2011 at 3:14pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 1st, 2011 at 3:25am:
Yadda,

Quote:
An elected government can never, never, ever, be legitimate, in the eyes of a good moslem.

Muslims elected leaders over a millenium before the West even remotely considered the idea.

Is that so Abu!

So ISLAM is a beacon of egalitarianism to all of mankind, is it?
LOL

Dictionary;
egalitarian = = the principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities.

+++

Abu,
If this [following] statement is true...

Google;
"....we want to free all people from being slaves of men and make them slaves of Allah."

And, if ISLAM rejects democracy, because democracy makes the people the slaves of corrupt men.

But, if Iran does allow the election of moslem leaders [from a group of approved candidates], then why didn't the mullahs in Iran [the 'guardians' of the ISLAMIC Republic, and of the people] reject the corrupt 'stealing' of the last election in Iran, by Amadinjad?

And, if the mullahs [those 'guardians' of the ISLAMIC Republic] in Iran have been taught such high principles [e.g. honesty, and integrity] in their embrace of ISLAM, why didn't the mullahs in Iran denounce Amadinjad [for his 'stealing' of the last election]?

THE TRUTH IS THAT;

"ISLAM does not allow democracy or elections," <--- direct quote, from an ISLAMIC 'overlord', Pakistan
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1234921577/0#0
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1234921577/13#13

THE TRUTH IS THAT;
ISLAM is a political tyranny, pretending to be a righteous religion.
ISLAM's leaders are a clique of corrupt men, tyrants, hiding behind a veil, which is called, 'righteous religion'.

According to ISLAM voting is kufr [unbelief].
These images convey ISLAMIC thinking, on the 'proper' government of mankind.
i.e.
Men and women should not be allowed to direct their own lives, based on their own choices.

Voting is kufr -- unbelief

ISLAMIC law should replace Constitutional law.

Better still, the will of this man can replace ISLAMIC law.
AS IT CLEARLY HAS, IN THE ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN.

Abu assures us that;

Quote:
Muslims elected leaders over a millenium before the West even remotely considered the idea.

Where?

Google;
iran amadinjad stole the election

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #18 - Jan 1st, 2011 at 4:06pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 1st, 2011 at 12:37pm:
Islam completely rejects the nonsensical ideology of democracy.

Abu,
If that is true [and i do not doubt it for a milli-second], shouldn't ISLAMIC community leaders within Australia be petitioning the Australian government to have all moslems removed from the electoral rolls???

Wouldn't that be the sincere thing for all good moslems living within Australia to do???

i.e.
Shouldn't all sincere good moslems living within Australia seek an exemption, from participating in all democratic functions, because, as you are want to tell us, democracy, and participating in democracy, is offensive, and anathema to all good moslems???

As we all know, good moslems consider democracy to be vile, as is demonstrated in this image...

Participating in democracy [by voting] is kufr -- unbelief

Surely is is oppressive, for the we non-moslem Australians, to expect moslems living among us, to participate in democratic elections?
/sarc off

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #19 - Jan 1st, 2011 at 4:07pm

Quote:

As far as I'm aware, not for head of state, no.

Quote:

I have made claims about the nature of democracy, you disputed them. That's the dispute. My side of the dispute is now being vindicated by your statements here. Simple really.

Quote:

Yadda said Muslims reject the election of leaders. I _disputed_ this, and I think I am right. No mention of democracy in that line of debate.

Quote:

Yes.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #20 - Jan 1st, 2011 at 4:33pm

Yadda wrote on Jan 1st, 2011 at 4:06pm:
Abu,
If that is true [and i do not doubt it for a milli-second], shouldn't ISLAMIC community leaders within Australia be petitioning the Australian government to have all moslems removed from the electoral rolls???

Wouldn't that be the sincere thing for all good moslems living within Australia to do???

i.e.
Shouldn't all sincere good moslems living within Australia seek an exemption, from participating in all democratic functions, because, as you are want to tell us, democracy, and participating in democracy, is offensive, and anathema to all good moslems???

Even if good moslems, as citizens of Australia, have an obligation to participate in voting, and the democratic process,
SHOULDN'T MOSLEM COMMUNITY LEADERS, IN THEIR SINCERITY, BE MAKING IT KNOWN TO THE BROADER AUSTRALIAN COMMUNITY, HOW OFFENSIVE IT IS, FOR MOSLEMS TO BE 'FORCED' TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS UN-ISLAMIC DEMOCRATIC PROCESS???

It is a fair question, given all of the other complaints moslems make, about un-ISLAMIC societies, not providing facilities for moslem religious 'obligations'.
Separate prayer halls [e.g. in universities], and for the provision of separate and specific ablution facilities, etc, so as not to offend moslem sensibilities.

Whereas, moslems participating in the 'offensive' democratic process, here within Australia, it has been decided, will be 'tolerated' by moslems??

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print