Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
'Normal' criminal behaviour - in mankind (Read 3450 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
'Normal' criminal behaviour - in mankind
Dec 30th, 2010 at 10:34am

Q.
Who is 'normal', and what is 'normal' behaviour?

Might i suggest, that to define what is 'normal', that we look at the conduct of many of those who are deemed to be 'normal' people.
What happens to many 'normal' people when they think that they are free from any restraint or authority?
Look at the common behaviour and conduct of many people in society, especially young people out at night, looking for a 'good time'.

I'm sure that you have seen some of the results on the evening TV news, the one punch fatalities, the random sexual assaults, the broken and slashed faces.

Q.
And i ask, why is it, that it isn't it safe to walk our suburban or city streets at night?

A.
Because there are too many 'normal' people, walking those streets at night.     Cheesy

Why do some [many?] of us believe that it is normal, to behave in a riotous [violent] way?

Why when we remove the light of day, and the restraining / calming influence of society / authority do many ppl behave in this way?

Why?

The TRUTH is that for many of us, human 'civility' is paper thin.

Why so?

Because many of us 'normal' people, demonstrate [when unrestrained] that we are 'normal' human beings who are vain, selfish, lecherous, greedy, violent creatures, when we are without restraint.
And, we demonstrate that we have no moral compass.

Why so?

Why do ppl start to behave immorally [violently] towards others, when they think that they are unrestrained by authority?

I would suggest, because these [supposedly] 'normal' people are [in reality, morally] 'sick' people, who, when a restraining authority over them is removed, demonstrate that they have no moral compass.

i.e.
Many [supposedly] 'normal', sane people, when unrestrained, demonstrate that they have a personal ethos,
.....which does not include any concept of GOOD and EVIL.

+++

So, who is the normal person?

Personally, i regard all examples of directed violence, as not just criminality,
.....but as proof of insanity.

Q.
What is a 'measure' of real sanity?

A.
I would suggest, that sane ppl don't engage in wanton violence.
.....excluding [in my opinion] legitimate self defence.

Dictionary,
wanton = = (a cruel or violent action) deliberate and unprovoked.

According to Yadda;

HERE, IS A MEASURE [a very simple definition] OF 'SANITY'.....

Quote:
Typically, an unrestrained sane person will act in ways which are harmless to others, and in ways which are creative, and productive [for himself, others, and society].

And typically, and conversely, an unrestrained INSANE person will act in ways which are harmful and destructive to himself, and, or, others around him.

IMO, this act, is an expression of insanity [or 'wickedness'].
And a good example of why we need to separate ourselves, from all those who would justify such acts...

wtc-9-11.jpg

"...typically, an unrestrained INSANE person will act in ways which are harmful and destructive to himself and, or, others around him."

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

nidayede1
Ex Member

Re: 'Normal' criminal behaviour - in mankind
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2011 at 4:07pm

Place for discussion among users about issues related to Social Work and Psychology Publcio Server

IP Logged

iJunia

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 4:50pm

What's called "normal" is only things that are accepted by majority of human kind. Obey the rules, you are normal, disobey them, you may become criminal.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 8:57pm

iJunia wrote on Aug 12th, 2011 at 4:50pm:
Obey the rules, you are normal, disobey them, you may become criminal.

Living in a democracy as you do - does that offend you?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print