Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
keneally races to the slaughterhouse (Read 1212 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

keneally races to the slaughterhouse
Feb 4th, 2011 at 12:29pm

Quote:
The NSW Labor Party has moved to steal some momentum in the state election campaign by holding its first major campaign event in Liverpool this weekend, two weeks ahead of the Coalition's launch.The event will be held on Sunday morning at the Casula Powerhouse, where the Premier, Kristina Keneally, will deliver what is being described as "a western Sydney address" to 400 supporters and candidates.

"Premier Kristina Keneally will give a major speech to the Labor heartland [of] western Sydney," said the NSW Labor general secretary, Sam Dastyari.

"With 50 days to the state poll, the Premier will outline our vision for NSW and our practical plans to protect jobs and support families."

Mr Dastyari said Labor was planning "a traditional campaign; this will be a campaign for the hearts and minds of the battlers".

The Deputy Premier, Carmel Tebbutt and the party's new president, Michael Lee, will also speak.

It follows the Coalition's announcement yesterday that its campaign launch will be held at the Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre in Penrith on February 20.

The Coalition had hoped to gain some campaign momentum by holding the launch so far out from the March 26 election.

Its campaign spokeswoman and opposition transport spokeswoman, Gladys Berejiklian, said the Coalition wanted to give voters as much time as possible to digest its policies.

"We are clearly sending a message to people who may have traditionally voted Labor," she said. "We will not ignore them or take them for granted as Labor has done, whether it be in Sydney's west, the Illawarra, the central coast, the Hunter and regional NSW."

The choice of location for the campaign events reflects the importance of western Sydney to both parties.

The Liberals hope to consolidate on the record 25 per cent swing voters delivered them in last year's Penrith byelection by taking more western Sydney seats from Labor.

Labor was encouraged that it managed to hold on to seats such as Lindsay and Greenway during the federal election, although there were significant swings against it. It hopes to repeat that at the state poll.

The NSW Nationals will hold their Sydney campaign launch tonight. Nationals Leader Andrew Stoner and Opposition Leader Barry O'Farrell will address the event.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/nsw-election-campaign-launch-labor-beats-coalition-to-...

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Re: keneally races to the slaughterhouse
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 12:40pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Feb 4th, 2011 at 12:29pm:
Quote:
The NSW Labor Party has moved to steal some momentum in the state election campaign by holding its first major campaign event in Liverpool this weekend, two weeks ahead of the Coalition's launch.The event will be held on Sunday morning at the Casula Powerhouse, where the Premier, Kristina Keneally, will deliver what is being described as "a western Sydney address" to 400 supporters and candidates.

"Premier Kristina Keneally will give a major speech to the Labor heartland [of] western Sydney," said the NSW Labor general secretary, Sam Dastyari.

"With 50 days to the state poll, the Premier will outline our vision for NSW and our practical plans to protect jobs and support families."

Mr Dastyari said Labor was planning "a traditional campaign; this will be a campaign for the hearts and minds of the battlers".

The Deputy Premier, Carmel Tebbutt and the party's new president, Michael Lee, will also speak.

It follows the Coalition's announcement yesterday that its campaign launch will be held at the Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre in Penrith on February 20.

The Coalition had hoped to gain some campaign momentum by holding the launch so far out from the March 26 election.

Its campaign spokeswoman and opposition transport spokeswoman, Gladys Berejiklian, said the Coalition wanted to give voters as much time as possible to digest its policies.

"We are clearly sending a message to people who may have traditionally voted Labor," she said. "We will not ignore them or take them for granted as Labor has done, whether it be in Sydney's west, the Illawarra, the central coast, the Hunter and regional NSW."

The choice of location for the campaign events reflects the importance of western Sydney to both parties.

The Liberals hope to consolidate on the record 25 per cent swing voters delivered them in last year's Penrith byelection by taking more western Sydney seats from Labor.

Labor was encouraged that it managed to hold on to seats such as Lindsay and Greenway during the federal election, although there were significant swings against it. It hopes to repeat that at the state poll.

The NSW Nationals will hold their Sydney campaign launch tonight. Nationals Leader Andrew Stoner and Opposition Leader Barry O'Farrell will address the event.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/nsw-election-campaign-launch-labor-beats-coalition-to-...

Anyone know what road that's on?
I'm thinking of setting up a tomatoe & egg stand.
3 eggs & 2 overripe tomatoe's $5.

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 12:48pm

demand will be strong

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 4:43pm

Dsmithy70 wrote on Feb 4th, 2011 at 12:40pm:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Feb 4th, 2011 at 12:29pm:
Quote:

Anyone know what road that's on?
I'm thinking of setting up a tomatoe & egg stand.
3 eggs & 2 overripe tomatoe's $5.

LOL smithy.... hey 400 worshippers.. not bad Keneally is probably making the sandwiches.. or will it be BYO

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #4 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 5:19pm

The question is, will NSW Labor have enough seats left after the election for a game of scrabble?

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

Prevailing
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Stop Men
Reply #5 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 5:25pm

adelcrow wrote on Feb 4th, 2011 at 5:19pm:
The question is, will NSW Labor have enough seats left after the election for a game of scrabble?

I cant wait to see that woman get what she deserves, and I am counting the days till Gough Whitlam and John Howard dies. Cool

I condemn Male Violence Against Women
The Government Supports Gynocide
There Is Something Dreadfully Wrong With Men

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 5:28pm

Ironically, I hope Labor get enough seats to be a viable opposition while at the same time getting truly smacked hard. Good govt - somethign NSW seems to rarely get - need good opposition. Labor is usually poor in opposition; they dont need the added burden of being able to comfortably meet in a phone box.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 5:38pm

longweekend58 wrote on Feb 4th, 2011 at 5:28pm:

Ironically, I hope Labor get enough seats to be a viable opposition while at the same time getting truly smacked hard. Good govt - somethign NSW seems to rarely get - need good opposition. Labor is usually poor in opposition; they dont need the added burden of being able to comfortably meet in a phone box.

ha,ha.. maybe they will have a meet and bash fund raising at the gathering.. 400 x $500 each its the West  dont forget. and they get to kiss kenneallys hand.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 5:46pm

Quote:
...........“After 16 years of Labor the best Kristina Keneally can offer is a reannounced apology and a promise on public transport Labor won't keep. Nothing has changed,” Ms Berejiklian said in a statement.

“Kristina Keneally's public transport promise can't be believed: Labor has increased public transport fares by 60 per cent over the last 16 years, while Sydney's inflation rate (CPI) has risen by just 37 per cent.

“Kristina Keneally's cost of living promises are equally unbelievable. It was Kristina Keneally that signed off on up to 42 per cent power price increases.”.......................

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/state-politics/kristina-keneall...

Morons clap for a blonde woman waving

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #9 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 5:55pm

Prevailing wrote on Feb 4th, 2011 at 5:25pm:

I cant wait to see that woman get what she deserves, and I am counting the days till Gough Whitlam and John Howard dies. Cool

She's quite a decent looking chick in my opinion.
I like the Mid-western girls, they all look like her.

Her policies? Haven't got a clue and don't care either.

Just nice to see some decent looking birds in politics.

Far too often women are represented by Belinda Neale and Amanda Vanstone types. Yikes.

And those like Penny Wong, who is about as feminine as my wife's uncle Ted who works in the QLD mines.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 7:23pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 at 5:55pm:

I'd like to put her across my knee and spank her.

On the subject of policies I love how they created the poison and now turn up with a cure. We've seen a plethora of service hikes (water, electricity, public transport, etc) under her Premiership and other ALP alleged Premiers and now they turn around and say, 'here, take this $913 million to help with the rising costs we've instituted'.

Quote:
PREMIER Kristina Keneally has promised $913 million to combat cost of living pressures in her first major pitch of the NSW election.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sunday-telegraph/keneally-fare-cap-pitch-to-battlers/story-e6frewt0-1226000757637

Do we pay them enough?

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

nichy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 7:32pm

Her policies? Haven't got a clue and don't care either.

Just nice to see some decent looking birds in politics.

Far too often women are represented by Belinda Neale and Amanda Vanstone types. Yikes.

Have you seen her close up ? -  half an inch of make-up still can't hide the acne, and as for policies - sell everything even if it's bolted down, then lie about it.  and NSW is spelt S- y -d -n -e -y.

"He who does not value life does not deserve it." -- Leonardo da Vinci&&&&

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 3:00am

what a short sighted half witted leftardian idea she has.

SPend spend spend - just give it all away. We don't care who to, it's not our money AND we might buy a vote through it !!!!!!!!!
We might buy a vote with your money - a no lose situation for us !!

If anyone at all votes for this idiot, they should be sterilised.

Quote:
NSW Labor will put the cost of living at the heart of its re-election campaign, promising to ease the impact of surging electricity prices with a $250 rebate on power bills and restrict increases in public transport fares and government charges............

.............''We lost our way because we were too focused on ourselves and not enough on what matters to families in this state. For that, I am sorry.''............

............Under the package the NSW energy rebate will be extended to households with a combined annual income of less than $150,000. They will receive a $250 rebate on their electricity or gas bill from July 1, 2012.................

..........The Coalition's campaign and transport spokeswoman, Gladys Berejiklian, said Labor's decisions such as the dumping of the Rozelle metro and the scrapping of the T-Card contract had contributed to the burden on taxpayers. ''Every time they have stuffed up they have asked the commuters to dig deeper, they have asked the taxpayers to dig deeper into their pockets and, as a result, families are struggling,'' she said.

''Hardworking families have been asked to pay higher registration costs, higher transport fares, higher electricity bills because the Labor Party has squandered taxpayer dollars over the past 16 years.''

Ms Keneally's apology was ''meaningless'' she said. ''People are sick of the Labor Party saying sorry and then going back to their bad habits.''.........

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/labors-900m-pitch-20110206-1aiey.html

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print