Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gillard warned from within her own party (Read 1358 times)
mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Gillard warned from within her own party
Feb 7th, 2011 at 9:58am

JULIA Gillard has been warned from within her own party against punishing families to make short-term budget savings, amid speculation welfare cuts are being considered.

Senior Labor Left figure Doug Cameron told The Australian Online this morning that there would be “significant interest” from the party's backbench about the impact of any welfare changes.

“One of the problems generally in Australian politics has been short-termism,” Senator Cameron said.

“I hope the party leadership don't take a short term view on welfare reform on the basis of balancing the budget.

“There has to be a long-term approach to welfare reform which is about looking after those who can't look after themselves.”

Speculation is mounting that the government is considering welfare cuts to pay for disaster reconstruction, including cuts to the education tax rebate and family tax benefits.

“made things better”, but too often they had made things worse.

“Unfortunately reform in Australian politics has been about making things worse in the past,” he said.

“As long as it's about making things better, it's about reform. I'm particularly interested in making sure that we not only have a strong economy but a good society.”

The Gillard government is facing opposition to its $1.8 billion flood levy from the Tony Abbott-led Coalition, which argues reconstruction money should come entirely from savings measures.

Senator Cameron said Labor must not abandon those who needed help from the government.

“It's clear to me that we need to as a party continue to recognise that we live in a society, not just an economy.

“And that we need to build a good society and protect those who can't protect themselves is part of a good society,” he said.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/treasury/alp-figure-warns-julia...

All together now Labor voters.......&&&&lap-tops, pink-bats refugees and Clunker-cars&&&&insurance.AES256

IP Logged

mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: Gillard warned from within her own party
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 10:04am

Steal from the poor to give to the poor?

Grin
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2011 at 10:32am by mellie »  

All together now Labor voters.......&&&&lap-tops, pink-bats refugees and Clunker-cars&&&&insurance.AES256

IP Logged

Prevailing
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Stop Men
Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 10:24am

mellie wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 10:04am:
Steal from poor to give to the poor?

Grin

The only way this can be done is to abandon the user pays system and failed privatization experiment.  Australia needs to free itself economically from resurgent communism and the planned economy. Smiley

I condemn Male Violence Against Women
The Government Supports Gynocide
There Is Something Dreadfully Wrong With Men

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 10:47am

blood on her hands... and this of course will be a media beatup!!!

if they take any welfare off anyone they will be in direstraights thats for sure.

with the likes of food and petrol and power heading for the highest prices in history they have got to be out of their minds even looking at something like this..

maybe she thinks welfare recipients dont eat or drive or like to be warm in winter... we are getting used to it tell her.. but we dont like it.

I read Piers Akermans column this week and he mentioned Howard squirriling away money for a terrorist strike this was immediately after 9/11.so 10 years on this money would not have been used.. [ at least one hopes not] so why cant this be used in this emergency..

to even think about taking anything away from those dependent on govt is outrageous..

have a good look at what politicians of all levels get gillard and then see who you can cut funding too.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 10:52am

cods wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 10:47am:

if they take any welfare off anyone they will be in direstraights thats for sure.

with the likes of food and petrol and power heading for the highest prices in history they have got to be out of their minds even looking at something like this..

maybe she thinks welfare recipients dont eat or drive or like to be warm in winter... we are getting used to it tell her.. but we dont like it.

I read Piers Akermans column this week and he mentioned Howard squirriling away money for a terrorist strike this was immediately after 9/11.so 10 years on this money would not have been used.. [ at least one hopes not] so why cant this be used in this emergency..

to even think about taking anything away from those dependent on govt is outrageous..

have a good look at what politicians of all levels get Gillard and then see who you can cut funding too.

Gillard is looking at removing middle class welfare, that's a good thing.Howard only introduced the bonus to win the bogan votes,
she is looking at removing the baby bonus, I agree with her on that, do you think we should be giving single mothers thousands of dollars to become baby factories, cods?

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 10:54am

skippy. wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 10:52am:

have a good look at what politicians of all levels get Gillard and then see who you can cut funding too.

Gillard is looking at removing middle class welfare, that's a good thing.Howard only introduced the bonus to win the bogan votes,
she is looking at removing the baby bonus, I agree with her on that, do you think we should be giving single mothers thousands of dollars to become baby factories, cods?

Hasn't the baby bonus become redundant considering there's now paid maternity leave?

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 10:54am

have a good look at what politicians of all levels get gillard and then see who you can cut funding too.

Good to know your read Piers Akerman.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Explains a lot.  Nutter.

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 10:55am

mellie wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 10:04am:
Steal from the poor to give to the poor?

Grin

Yes, those poor devils; how will they be able to afford that BMW?? STUPID LEVY!

IP Logged

ohnoitisnt

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 11:06am

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 10:54am:

Explains a lot.  Nutter.

Suppose you read Mike Carlton and Paul Howes.

Two raving lunatics.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 11:08am

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

whilst paying for maternity leave makes sense!!!!

where does it say about baby bonus???  and dont forget it is only for a certain amount not like other welfare payments.

I have never condoned what this generation gets handed over to them skippy and that goes for FHB as well. sorry but I am over it...I couldnt give a poo about keeping one industry going I really couldnt.

I have always said the more you give the more they will want.. and its proved over and over again..its really begins with getting paid not to work..unemployment. now I dont suggest we stop that but there should be some kind of limit.. in other cases when they have welfare they pay it back through their Taxes when they get financal..sorry but some seem to be able to afford new cars every year or so or the latest gadgets for themselves and the kids..

the poorer the family the more goes down the sewer at the clubs and pubs and down the pokermachines throats..just look at the poorer neighbourhoods and count the pubs.

like I said I am over it!

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 11:09am

ohnoitisnt wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 11:06am:

Explains a lot.  Nutter.

Two raving lunatics.

Try again Wink

Piers Akerman... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  You ... read... Piers Akerman!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  The funniest is when he shakes his head and his cheeks go from one side the to the other, like a big Shar pei!  hahahaha!

But really, it's so good to know this forum has Pier's nutters!!!!  yay!!!

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 11:17am

Quote:
where does it say about baby bonus???  and dont forget it is only for a certain amount not like other welfare payments.

Well its been on the Chanel 7 10 and ABC news 24 all morning that Gillard is looking at scrapping the baby bonus to find some cash, I hope its true.
You need to get your news from other sources than Akerman ,cods, he has an agenda to push, no matter what, that's why I never rely on just one news source.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 11:40am

Hasn't the baby bonus become redundant considering there's now paid maternity leave?

Paid maternity leave is no good for non working mothers, or mothers who havent been with an employer for more than 12 months.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #13 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 5:12pm

mellie wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 9:58am:
JULIA Gillard has been warned from within her own party against punishing families to make short-term budget savings, amid speculation welfare cuts are being considered.

Senior Labor Left figure Doug Cameron told The Australian Online this morning that there would be “significant interest” from the party's backbench about the impact of any welfare changes.

“One of the problems generally in Australian politics has been short-termism,” Senator Cameron said.

“I hope the party leadership don't take a short term view on welfare reform on the basis of balancing the budget.

“There has to be a long-term approach to welfare reform which is about looking after those who can't look after themselves.”

Speculation is mounting that the government is considering welfare cuts to pay for disaster reconstruction, including cuts to the education tax rebate and family tax benefits.

“made things better”, but too often they had made things worse.

“Unfortunately reform in Australian politics has been about making things worse in the past,” he said.

“As long as it's about making things better, it's about reform. I'm particularly interested in making sure that we not only have a strong economy but a good society.”

The Gillard government is facing opposition to its $1.8 billion flood levy from the Tony Abbott-led Coalition, which argues reconstruction money should come entirely from savings measures.

Senator Cameron said Labor must not abandon those who needed help from the government.

“It's clear to me that we need to as a party continue to recognise that we live in a society, not just an economy.

“And that we need to build a good society and protect those who can't protect themselves is part of a good society,” he said.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/treasury/alp-figure-warns-julia...

Are you happy being angry all the time?

Angry at the wrong things?!!?

Is Abbott really someone worth promoting?!!?  Are you proud to tell people that you love this guy?!!?

Does it pay well?!!? How much crack does it pay?!!?

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Cheesy Wink Wink  Cool Huh Huh

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #14 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 5:17pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 11:09am:
ohnoitisnt wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 11:06am:

Explains a lot.  Nutter.

Two raving lunatics.

Try again Wink

Piers Akerman... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  You ... read... Piers Akerman!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  The funniest is when he shakes his head and his cheeks go from one side the to the other, like a big Shar pei!  hahahaha!

But really, it's so good to know this forum has Pier's nutters!!!!  yay!!! 

Yeh, but, who's that dog looking sad faced old woman on insiders all the time, meaning on the weekend?!!?

She has to be worse! (Well, maybe not worse!  Huh )

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print