Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
What will Gillard slash? (Read 7143 times)
buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Re: What will Gillard slash?
Reply #15 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 3:56pm

bogarde73 wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 3:28pm:
Taking a contrary view to many of you, I see the health insurance rebate as very like c'wealth funding of private schools - very necessary & equitable.
People who choose not to avail themselves of the public hospital system, like those who choose not to use private schools, are still entitled to a share of the tax revenue which they contribute and which should not go exclusively to the public sector.

I'm thinking of setting up my OWN private police force
NATURALLY, I will want THIS segment of my GST retuned as a rebate
The SAME for my taxes that pay for public transport - should I stop using the system
The Government should subsidise my motor scooter
i

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #16 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 3:57pm

It's called a moped and its incredibily homosexual mate.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #17 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 4:03pm

She will slash welfare, education, and rethink the health deal with the states. Power will increase, food prises also.

Ask Julia Gillard what our Youth unemployment figure is right now.

Take a guess? Cool

All together now Labor voters.......&&&&lap-tops, pink-bats refugees and Clunker-cars&&&&insurance.AES256

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 4:07pm

Please delete wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 3:50pm:
Taking a contrary view to many of you, I see the health insurance rebate as very like c'wealth funding of private schools - very necessary & equitable.
People who choose not to avail themselves of the public hospital system, like those who choose not to use private schools, are still entitled to a share of the tax revenue which they contribute and which should not go exclusively to the public sector.

There's another one - subsidies to the wealthy private schools, who simply don't need the money.

Why doesnt every parent deserve the right to have their school funded whether its private or public?  After all they are paying taxes like the rest of us.

Private schools take the burden of the public system, and per child receive far less than a public school.  If you would like we could cut it to zero and watch a bulging public system burst at the seams.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #19 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 4:25pm

Why do you find it necessary to shout at us hysterically in large print buzz?
Of course, if you are under some visual disability, recently acquired, please accept my apology.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

nichy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 4:28pm

I doubt that she will cut the health insurance rebate,  too many votes to be lost and it will increase the pressure on both the health system and the government where it is very much under scrutiny with  health reforms prior to COAG.

Incidentally,  many Labor voters have health insurance too.

"He who does not value life does not deserve it." -- Leonardo da Vinci&&&&

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 4:35pm

Verge wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 4:07pm:

There's another one - subsidies to the wealthy private schools, who simply don't need the money.

Why doesnt every parent deserve the right to have their school funded whether its private or public?  After all they are paying taxes like the rest of us.

Private schools take the burden of the public system, and per child receive far less than a public school.  If you would like we could cut it to zero and watch a bulging public system burst at the seams.

No problems with private school funding.  can you please however not include into this theory that public school kids receive more from the federal government than private school kids?  It isn't true.  And as I've mentioned before, if we take Howard at his word for why private funding was increased, then introduce a different system that actually allows ALL kids the same financial support from the FEDERAL government.

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #22 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 4:57pm

nichy wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 4:28pm:
I doubt that she will cut the health insurance rebate,  too many votes to be lost and it will increase the pressure on both the health system and the government where it is very much under scrutiny with  health reforms prior to COAG.

Incidentally,  many Labor voters have health insurance too.  

Yes and why was it brought in?
Because Private health insurance was not a value for money, every year premiums increased yet gaps between insurance and actual cost made it a waste of money.You paid for both.
So instead of increaseing funding to public health as people deserted an uncompeditive farce we got 30% off,rebated and the costs continues to rise although somehow we believe we are now getting a good deal because the"government" picks up the tab for 30%?
Newsflash it's our money anyway, so we pay for a public system as well as proping up an uncompeditive private system.
No cut the rebate and force the market to set the price of private health, put our tax dollars into the public system instead of the pockets of shareholders.
If as we hear the market is the best mechanism why not use it, why does it need public money to hold onto customers?
We should let them sink or swim by their own merits i.e value for money.
Yes I've heard the argument the public system will be inundated but guess what we can put more of OUR money(tax) into it if need be we pay for 2 systems now so why not more into just 1, and besides unless it's elective non life threating surgury you will be in a public hospital anyway.
There are no emergency wards in private hospitals so in a car crash and unconcious, having a heart attack etc you'll wake up in a public ward.

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #23 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 5:01pm

bogarde73 wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 2:42pm:
My very strong tip is the Health Insurance Rebate.
She & Mad-dog Roxon are ideologically opposed to this in the first place and have only lacked a plausible (to them) reason for acting.
Will the floods give them the excuse?
Quite possibly so. Watch the hospital queues grow if she does,

You're trippin' if you think any votes are to be gained by pursuing this!

Abbott does not know how f&%$$d he is this year.

Thats, f*^$%-up-beyond-all-recognition for the too cracked up metros out there!

Huh Huh Shocked  Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy

It's a leadership thing if he can't get off this weak counterpunching game.... Countering would be good if he could land!

Even Colin Barnett gave him a serve. I suspect this is the only reason Oakes got the balls to change his tune aswell!

Oakes is a big sloppy joke!!

Go the big sloppy jokes of this country, GO!

No wonder the terrorists are all over us!!

WEAK WEAK WEAK !!!!

MY BET: ABBOTT WILL SUDDENLY GET DOWN WITH THE NBN IN HIS DESPERATION!

HE WILL HAVE TO!!!!!!  Wink Wink

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy WE LOVE YOU HEAVY KEVVY!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #24 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 5:04pm

Verge wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 4:07pm:

wHAT WAS THAT

Why doesnt every parent deserve the right to have their school funded whether its private or public?  After all they are paying taxes like the rest of us.

Private schools take the burden of the public system, and per child receive far less than a public school.  If you would like we could cut it to zero and watch a bulging public system burst at the seams.

What: take the burden? Get knotted mate, you're a joke!  Grin

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #25 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 5:09pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 3:52pm:

Ooooooooh there's that streak again.....

"Private school kids"
"Rich People"

"Grrrrrr how dare they shaft us peasant folk! Grrrrrrrrr"

Oi, anyone who votes liberal looks after overseas investors and tries to shove trickle down theory down their neighbours thoats.

Grin Grin Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy

Yeh, hide behind that fence dood, HIDE!  Shocked Cheesy Cheesy  Wink  Wink  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 5:13pm

nichy wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 3:05pm:
This will go down well !!!!!!!

"Late last year, Ms Gillard flagged welfare reforms in the budget to maximise workforce participation and boost productivity. Yesterday, she alluded to incentives, training programs and carrot-and-stick measures to ensure ''that every Australian who can work, does work''.Of the 2 million she mentioned, about 800,000 worked part-time and wanted to work more, while another 800,000 were not even registered as unemployed, including discouraged job seekers.

''And there are many thousands of individuals on the disability support pension who may have some capacity to work,'' she said.

Ms Gillard also used the speech to advance her argument for the $1.8 billion flood levy which will help cover the flood repair bill in Queensland and Victoria and ensure the budget returns to surplus on 2012-13 as scheduled."

well nichy someones got to cover JOHN FAHEYs salary package..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 5:16pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 3:56pm:

The SAME for my taxes that pay for public transport - should I stop using the system
i

so apart from GST what taxes do you pay exactly.??.

I guess the answer then is for any rich person to send his child overseas for his/her education and whilst they are at it they may as well move the family overseas whilst their kids get educated..

dont need any of their money spent in this country do we.. who the hell needs rich people.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 5:18pm

bogarde73 wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 4:25pm:
Why do you find it necessary to shout at us hysterically in large print buzz?
Of course, if you are under some visual disability, recently acquired, please accept my apology.

at least he forgot to push the pink button....

yeah it could be an eyesight thing..he printed up some very very naughty pictures they even shocked a few of his lefty mates.

and we know how hard that is to do!

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #29 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 5:22pm

cods wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 5:16pm:
buzzanddidj wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 3:56pm:

i

so apart from GST what taxes do you pay exactly.??.

Much the same as YOU, I assume
I paid the FULL rate of income tax, as a FULL TIME worker, over almost 40 years
I am now a SELF FUNDED semi-retiree, who works part time

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print