Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
should Winsor call for another election? (Read 3602 times)
culldav
Gold Member

Australian Politics

should Winsor call for another election?
Mar 11th, 2011 at 8:37am

Should Tony Winsor do the right thing by all the Australian people by crossing the floor and say he has lost confidence in the Government, and call for another election?

Gillard lied about the carbon tax and has no mandate to pursue this.

She is a contemptible deceitful liar and Tony Winsor should now do the right thing.

IP Logged

kanga

Australian Politics

Re: should Winsor call for another election?
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 8:39am

culldav wrote on Mar 11th, 2011 at 8:37am:
Should Tony Winsor do the right thing by all the Australian people by crossing the floor and say he has lost confidence in the Government, and call for another election?

Gillard lied about the carbon tax and has no mandate to pursue this.

She is a contemptible deceitful liar and Tony Winsor should now do the right thing.

Well without a doubt, but would he?

IP Logged

vegitamite
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 8:48am

Why SHOULD Tony Windsor-  after all he is working with the aka Liberals ( some of them ) Maybe you should sack Turnbull and the other half of the Liberal s( but you will be sorry oneday if you did so)

Miranda Devine on Malcolm Turnbull’s push for policies that most voters now treat as poison:

IF you ever wondered who is advising Tony Windsor to support a carbon tax, well, now you know: moles within the Coalition, the kamikaze ever-shrinking pro-carbon tax faction, aka Team Turnbull.

Windsor is keeping their identities secret, but he says, “A lot of people within the Coalition would like to engage in that work (pricing carbon). They’ve been ruled out by the opportunism of Tony Abbott, but that doesn’t mean they can’t speak to others,” he told ABC radio yesterday.

Ah ha! So that’s why Malcolm Turnbull was having a deep and meaningful conversation over dinner in Canberra with that other ruminating country independent, Rob Oakeshott, last week. '

IP Logged

vegitamite
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 8:51am

I think Abbott supporters need to realise YOU will pay a price on carbon under either party.

the choice at present is Labor = THE POLLUTERS WILL PAY, THE PEOPLE WILL BE COMPENSATED

Or Liberals = THE PEOPLE WILL PAY, THE POLLUTERS WILL BE COMPENSATED

IP Logged

GrandPaPa

Australian Politics

Queensland
Reply #4 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 8:52am

So interesting that the other "amigo" Bob Katter has been virtually silent.
C'mon Bob, get amongst the pigeons.......

"The aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed and hence clamorous to be led to safety, by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."   H.L. Mencken 1911

IP Logged

vegitamite
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 8:53am

Oh and BTW I am listen to Bill Heffernan on the ABC radio RIGHT NOW in an interview saying he thinks there will be a price on carbon...

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #6 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 8:55am

NO
He SHOULDN'T

NO
He WOULDN'T

Just ONE of the reasons he backed Labor was for STABILITY
He suspected Abbott would call an early election - and try for an absolute majority

ANOTHER reason he went with Labor, is his STRONG support for internet service in rural areas - equal to those in the big cities

Pretty LAME thread, by the way

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

vegitamite
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 8:56am

Quote:
Oh and BTW I am listen to Bill Heffernan on the ABC radio RIGHT NOW in an interview saying he thinks there will be a price on carbon...

'but but but...wait wait wait...'

Bill has changed his mind...oh god where do the oposition stand...

oh thats it- grown Lucerne (?) instead of trees says Hefferan.

IP Logged

culldav
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 9:34am

buzzanddidj wrote on Mar 11th, 2011 at 8:55am:
NO
He SHOULDN'T

NO
He WOULDN'T

Just ONE of the reasons he backed Labor was for STABILITY
He suspected Abbott would call an early election - and try for an absolute majority

ANOTHER reason he went with Labor, is his STRONG support for internet service in rural areas - equal to those in the big cities

Pretty LAME thread, by the way

You seriously call this bunch of incompetent clowns jumping from one scheme to another without even releasing policy details to the public STABLE?    Shocked Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 9:34am

I love this new government, Gillard is in training for the 2012 Olympic games in highdiving with all her backflips.

I love watching her squirm and roll over while Bob points and makes his commands.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

culldav
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 9:39am

I think whats "lame" is an incompetent Rudd/Gillard Government thats squandered $billions of tax payer money on failed schemes.

Don't you rememebr Ju-liar saying she would not introduce a carbon tax or do you need your ears tested?

IP Logged

nichy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 9:49am

"He who does not value life does not deserve it." -- Leonardo da Vinci&&&&

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 10:00am

Quote:
Quote:

'but but but...wait wait wait...'

Bill has changed his mind...oh god where do the oposition stand...

oh thats it- grown Lucerne (?) instead of trees says Hefferan.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
morning veg

hey veg.. I havent seen one thing you have written about gillards lies and deceit before and after the election.. yet you are concerned about Bill.. a bit of a laugh really..

you are condeming anything that the Libs say..

yet not a word on what Labor DOES'NT SAY.

and as for the we will give the tax to consumers... as has already been said.. isnt that going to defeat the point of the TAX!!!!!

we already have combet giving us lessons on how to save power.. he suggests we turn lights off.. and wall switches off.never thought of doing that!

so if gillard is going to compensate us for the extras this Tax will cost us... why would we do so??????????????????????????

no darl I think the greens will put their great big foot down about that one..yes we wil get a little of it back.. but like everything else it wont be like winning the lottery like some would have us believe... well you anyway.

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #13 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 10:15am

Encore: -

Quote:
I think Abbott supporters need to realise YOU will pay a price on carbon under either party.

the choice at present is Labor = THE POLLUTERS WILL PAY, THE PEOPLE WILL BE COMPENSATED

Or Liberals = THE PEOPLE WILL PAY, THE POLLUTERS WILL BE COMPENSATED

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

nichy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 10:23am

Labor and Greens supporters are basing their opinions on the writings of one of the biggest hypocrites in Aus.

[size=14]"An inconvenient truth

Australia’s climate-warming guru, Professor Ross Garnaut, joined the ranks of the celebrity-discredited, such as America’s Al Gore, India’s Dr Pachauri and Britain’s Professor Phil Jones when a hockey stick came out of nowhere this week and whacked him in his money-purse. His credibility also got a hit.

A dirty little story, exposed by Australia’s national broadcaster, the ABC, revealed that the good professor, instead of helping to save the planet, was in fact busy with his company, Lihir Gold, creating a nasty big environmental catastrophe all of its own. And that was helping to destroy the planet.
[/size]
"

Read the rest here :

http://www.quadrant.org.au/blogs/doomed-planet/2010/09/mining-garnaut

"He who does not value life does not deserve it." -- Leonardo da Vinci&&&&

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print