Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
What motivates people to commit violence (Read 6676 times)
Foolosophy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Re: What motivates people to commit violence
Reply #15 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 11:26pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 24th, 2011 at 8:55pm:
abu_rashid wrote on Mar 24th, 2011 at 6:35pm:
Yadda,

The only thing that provokes anything in Palestine is the fact a bunch of foreign imports are squatting in people's homes, and they are standing up not accepting it.

That's the only thing that provokes any of this....

But it's the Jews promised land - God said it!

You mean the Judaic GOD or the Talmudian entity?

oh you must meant the GOD that tried to drown the planet and everyone in it - except for a big wooden boat that some bloke built - what's his name again? Noel - thats right

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #16 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 12:30am

Nope, you've got that ALL wrong, Noel was the bloke they nailed up, that is why they sing about him at christmas, you know, The First Noel?

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #17 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 9:05am

abu_rashid wrote on Mar 24th, 2011 at 6:35pm:
Yadda,

The only thing that provokes anything in Palestine is the fact a bunch of foreign imports are squatting in people's homes, and they are standing up not accepting it.

That's the only thing that provokes any of this....

Abu,

In making such an assertion, you completely pass over the duality [of 'position'] within your own thought processes.

+++

When moslems have invaded non-moslem lands in the past, moslem conquests have been justified, and such land conquests are then always considered by every moslem to be forever immutable.
e.g.
All good moslems, consider that today, modern Spain REALLY IS THE LAWFUL PROPERTY OF MOSLEMS, because they once invaded and occupied Spain [before being later turfed out <-- that is a technical term].
When are moslems formally going to demand that Spain be returned to them Abu ????

'Palestine'

Abu,

Moslem armies have attacked Israel in 1948, 1956, 1967 & 1973, trying to destroy the state of Israel.

On every occasion that they tried, they failed, miserably.

And the ISLAMISTS of the region, continue their war of attrition against the state of Israel, even to this day.

Abu,
Using the the very same moral justification which moslems themselves use [i.e. that using violence to seize the land, and property, of other is OK], isn't Israel, aren't the Jewish people, using the exact same moral justification as what moslems use, to secure, and hold, their small plot of land on the Mediterranean,  ???

Except, in the case of the Jewish people and Israel, the Jewish people and Israel have an extra 'component', in their justification to defend their nation, in that the Jewish people are merely defending what was, THEIR ANCIENT HOMELAND?

And that the Jewish people have merely seized back, land which was taken from them in the past [by the use of force] by others [including moslem hoards] ???

Abu,

Further, there is a concept in ISLAMIC culture, that nothing can happen in this world, except by Allah's will.

And moslems do actively promote such a concept, such a paradigm, within their own communities.

Ergo;
It should therefore, be clear to every moslem, that Allah does not want moslems to 'drive the Jews into the sea'.

Otherwise, 'logically', Allah would have brought that circumstance about, already, probably in 1948.

THEREFORE, tallowood's advice to moslems, in this OzPol forum;

'You [moslems] should submit to the will of your god and accept Israel's [existence] as your god's will.'

Abu,

As a good moslem, don't you believe, that moslems should accept the will of Allah ???

It is a fair question.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #18 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 2:16pm

Yadda...that's naughty, you know you're NOT supposed to use 'truth' and logic on muslims...it confuses them...

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #19 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 4:53pm

Yadda wrote on Mar 25th, 2011 at 9:05am:

Abu,
Using the the very same moral justification which moslems themselves use [i.e. that using violence to seize the land, and property, of other is OK], isn't Israel, aren't the Jewish people, using the exact same moral justification as what moslems use, to secure, and hold, their small plot of land on the Mediterranean,  ???

Except, in the case of the Jewish people and Israel, the Jewish people and Israel have an extra 'component', in their justification to defend their nation, in that the Jewish people are merely defending what was, THEIR ANCIENT HOMELAND?

And that the Jewish people have merely seized back, land which was taken from them in the past [by the use of force] by others [including moslem hoards] ???

Abu,
Put simply, if moslems are justified in using violence to steal the land and property of non-moslems, aren't the non-moslems ALSO then justified, in using violence to 'steal' back their own land and property, from moslems ???

And isn't that exactly what the Jewish people have done???

They have taken back that which was taken from them, by a stronger moslem force.

Today, the Jewish people can certainly justify themselves in defending their nation, in that the Jewish people are now, merely defending that land which was, always, THEIR ANCIENT HOMELAND.

And the local moslems surrounding Israel, are now all in a tizzy, because they [the moslems] have found themselves powerless to impose the authority of ISLAM upon those Jewish people within their own Jewish land, a land which the Jewish people have seized back, from a people who stole it from them.

Poor things [i.e. the moslems].
/sarc off

« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2011 at 5:01pm by Yadda »  

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Foolosophy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #20 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 10:54pm

But Jews reject Jesus Christ and his teachings

WHY would the Chosen People do that?

Why do Orthodox Jews burn copies of the Gospels in Israeli city streets?

What is going on here - really?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #21 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:27am

Yadda,

Quote:
When moslems have invaded non-moslem lands in the past, moslem conquests have been justified

First and foremost, Muslims never took over a land and expelled the inhabitants, like the Jews have tried to do, and like the Russians for instance did in Chechnya, completely purging the land of its people. This kind of despicable inhuman action seems to be completely the domain of Westerners (and the Jews now being Westerners, it's no surprise they've followed suit).

Secondly that was in the age of empires. In those times if you did not annex adjoining lands, you were annexed, that was the simple cold harsh reality of the world and ALL states, without exception, in those times operated under those conditions. Your pretense that Muslims did so in a vacuum is really dishonest Yadda, but on par for your usual behaviour in such discussions.

Quote:
All good moslems, consider that today, modern Spain REALLY IS THE LAWFUL PROPERTY OF MOSLEMS

Another case of where Westerners completely cleansed an entire land of its inhabitants, thanks.

Quote:
When are moslems formally going to demand that Spain be returned to them Abu ????

Well if the Jews can 'save their seat' for 2000 years, I guess it's much more relevant for us to save our seat for 600 years isn't it? The West have set a dangerous precedent in Palestine, and I am quite sure one day the descendants of the West will curse their ancestors for brining such calamities upon them, when the scales are tipped back into balance.

Quote:
Moslem armies have attacked Israel in 1948, 1956, 1967 & 1973, trying to destroy the state of Israel.

On every occasion that they tried, they failed, miserably.

And the ISLAMISTS of the region, continue their war of attrition against the state of Israel, even to this day.

The West created the Arab nationalist entities, and then pitted them against their Zionist creation. The entire episode in history was a farce, staged to dupe the Muslim masses into believing the Zionist entity was invincible. It failed miserably, as the Muslims never adopted this view, except for the sold out secularist and atheist minority. In the next few decades as Muslims take back control of their lands, we'll see how the Zionists stand up against a true Muslim army. And believe me, they will be scrambling back to their real homes in Europe and America, long before it even takes off.

Quote:
Abu,

Further, there is a concept in ISLAMIC culture, that nothing can happen in this world, except by Allah's will.

And moslems do actively promote such a concept, such a paradigm, within their own communities.

By this stupendously simple and inaccurate misunderstanding of yours, people would never need to try and eat and drink either, as if it were the divine will, the food and drink would find its own way into their systems.

Again more dishonest drivel.
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:53am by abu_rashid »  
abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #22 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 10:17am

First and foremost, Muslims never took over a land ..

- Abu

Yes they did .. and they've been squatting in that land.

The rightful inhabitants are back and the squatters have to leave.

The squatters however don't want to leave .. hence the conflict we see today.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #23 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 11:00am

If you can't even have the basic intellectual integrity to quote my sentence in full, then you really do not deserve a response.

When you can start to be a little more honest, at least with yourself Lisa, feel free to participate.

P.S if you knew even your own ancestors' history, you'd know that when the Muslims took over Palestine, it was ruled by Byzantine Greeks, not Jews. It is your fellow Greco-Romans who expelled the Jews. By the time the Muslims arrived, the Jews were long gone.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #24 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 2:02pm

abu_rashid wrote on Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:27am:
Yadda,

Quote:
When moslems have invaded non-moslem lands in the past, moslem conquests have been justified

First and foremost, Muslims never took over a land and expelled the inhabitants
, like the Jews have tried to do, and like the Russians for instance did in Chechnya, completely purging the land of its people. This kind of despicable inhuman action seems to be completely the domain of Westerners (and the Jews now being Westerners, it's no surprise they've followed suit).

Mohammed exiled the Jews from the Arabian peninsula.

The words of Mohammed, speaking to Arabian Jews, about their land, their property, and the consequences of rejecting ISLAM...

"You should Know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle, and I want to exile you from,,, this land,.."

hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #009.085.077
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #004.053.392

Abu,

What you, and all moslems are suffering from, is a disturbance of your thought process called;

Cognitive dissonance
Cognitive dissonance is a psychological term to define the condition that results whenever an individual attempts to hold two incompatible, if not contradictory, thoughts at the same time even in the face of mounting evidence to the contrary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

e.g.
Whenever moslems commit some miscreant behaviour [which is permitted by Sharia], that behaviour is halal [permitted].
[marrying young girls, stealing from 'unbelievers', lying to 'unbelievers', etc, etc]

But whenever 'unbelievers' do the very same thing, they, are SATAN's lap dogs.

i.e.
Moslems, are good, righteous.

Non-moslems [because they 'reject Faith'], are 'the friends of Satan', THEREFORE, it is justified for moslems to have enmity towards, to fight, and to kill, all non-moslems who 'reject Faith'.

"...And why should ye not fight in the cause of Allah...Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah, and those who reject Faith Fight in the cause of Evil: So fight ye against the friends of Satan:.."
Koran 4.74-76

"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him)."   
Koran 9.123

And THAT [in the real world], is violent religious bigotry.

But guess what ????

Moslems will not even 'front up', and moslems will not even 'stand up', and admit to their own violent religious bigotry.

Q.
And why not ????

A.
MOSLEMS CANNOT. Because ALL GOOD MOSLEMS, suffer from a psychological 'handicap' called Cognitive dissonance.

Moslems are only allowed to admit that their own behaviour is righteous and guided.

For a moslem to admit to any imperfection within ISLAM, or to criticise the wrong behaviour of fellow moslems, would be un-ISLAMIC.

And there is the problem with ISLAM.

ISLAM can never be reformed, because moslems will NEVER, EVER, admit that ISLAM is anything, but Allah's already perfect religion.

Again....

Cognitive dissonance
Cognitive dissonance is a psychological term to define the condition that results whenever an individual attempts to hold two incompatible, if not contradictory, thoughts at the same time even in the face of mounting evidence to the contrary.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 3:17pm

Palestinians have suffered more than their fair share. However, this doesn't account for the fact than many terrorists against the West have been middle-class professionals with no personal experience of violence. And in the case of Osama, a member of the Saudi oligarchy.

The hot violence of war is different to the cold violence of planned suicide bombing. If I was a Palestinian, I'm sure I'd want to stick it up Moshe as far as I could.

The violence of a September 11, Madrid or London bombing, however, is a different phenomenon. It's a violence born of existential angst. It's a resentment against the hollow materialism of the West, a resentment many Westerners share. But instead of directing the struggle inwards - as the Prophet taught - the violence is directed outwards against empty targets and hollow enemies.

The cause of Palestine unites Muslims everywhere. I have a feeling, however, that if the problem of Palestine was solved tomorrow, people would be looking around for another cause to unite them.

Muslims are no different to anyone else. We should get busy living or get busy dying. For many, dying - matyrdom - is the easy way out.

It's much harder to be born again.

IP Logged

Foolosophy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #26 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 7:31pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 26th, 2011 at 3:17pm:
Palestinians have suffered more than their fair share. However, this doesn't account for the fact than many terrorists against the West have been middle-class professionals with no personal experience of violence. And in the case of Osama, a member of the Saudi oligarchy.

The hot violence of war is different to the cold violence of planned suicide bombing. If I was a Palestinian, I'm sure I'd want to stick it up Moshe as far as I could.

The violence of a September 11, Madrid or London bombing, however, is a different phenomenon. It's a violence born of existential angst. It's a resentment against the hollow materialism of the West, a resentment many Westerners share. But instead of directing the struggle inwards - as the Prophet taught - the violence is directed outwards against empty targets and hollow enemies.

The cause of Palestine unites Muslims everywhere. I have a feeling, however, that if the problem of Palestine was solved tomorrow, people would be looking around for another cause to unite them.

Muslims are no different to anyone else. We should get busy living or get busy dying. For many, dying - matyrdom - is the easy way out.

Were the nuclear attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki terrorist acts?

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #27 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 10:25pm

Foolosophy wrote on Mar 26th, 2011 at 7:31pm:

NO they weren't...they were actions within a 'declared' conflict...

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #28 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 10:31pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Mar 26th, 2011 at 10:25pm:

I, for one, regard the Hiroshima and Nagasaki nukings as abominable acts of mass murder designed to terrorise a group of people into submission, i.e. state terrorism...

The latter bombing in particular was totally unwarranted - and therefore was a clear act of state terrorism!

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

Foolosophy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #29 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 10:41pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Mar 26th, 2011 at 10:25pm:
Foolosophy wrote on Mar 26th, 2011 at 7:31pm:

Really?

The Hiroshima and Nagasaki attacks fit in rather nicely with the official definition of what a TERRORIST act is as given by the US military manuals.

I can only suggest that you look it up.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print