Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Rules for banning from member run and party boards (Read 15808 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Rules for banning from member run and party boards
Reply #15 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 9:40am

mantra wrote on Jun 29th, 2014 at 8:47am:
Sprintcyclist - not so long ago  I was blocked from Feedback for a week or so. This was the first time in 8 years since the inception of this forum any restrictions were made on my posting and it was simply because a few disgruntled members tend to drag my nick into all their grievances.  Perhaps because they want me to bite or perhaps they hold an old grudge that most of the time I'm unaware of.  I make very few posts and although I have my cynical moments have not consciously abused anyone or used bad language. Even if they haven't liked my response  - it's been nowhere near the level of abuse which has been dished out to me.

I don't even bother the mods anymore, but obviously others do.  There are some challenged people here - that is obvious and for some of us it is impossible to understand where they're coming from. Those who cry loudest are heard even if their complaints are only figments of their imagination.

You being blocked!
You are probably the calmest blogger here.

Dark forces are upon us.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 10:02am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 29th, 2014 at 9:40am:
mantra wrote on Jun 29th, 2014 at 8:47am:
Sprintcyclist - not so long ago  I was blocked from Feedback for a week or so. This was the first time in 8 years since the inception of this forum any restrictions were made on my posting and it was simply because a few disgruntled members tend to drag my nick into all their grievances.  Perhaps because they want me to bite or perhaps they hold an old grudge that most of the time I'm unaware of.  I make very few posts and although I have my cynical moments have not consciously abused anyone or used bad language. Even if they haven't liked my response  - it's been nowhere near the level of abuse which has been dished out to me.

I don't even bother the mods anymore, but obviously others do.  There are some challenged people here - that is obvious and for some of us it is impossible to understand where they're coming from. Those who cry loudest are heard even if their complaints are only figments of their imagination.

You being blocked!
You are probably the calmest blogger here.

Dark forces are upon us.

some people have the POWER...if a mod happens to not like or agree with you...

who knows..I think one should sit back and say they are doing me a favor.. take a rest a holiday..we are a bit addicted to this thing I am for sure..I am supposed to be making a carrot cake and what am I dont.... whingeing..

oh well.. dont bother trying to find out why sprint.. they dont tell you..if you happen to use a word that someone takes offence to they will report you and BINGO you are gone..I dont think its always the mods fault..some complain they report things and the mods do nothing....yet we have no idea what they do really.. a terse.. detention...does work... I dont use the word... screw. anymore..perc told me off.I still dont know why. Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Mattywisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 12:34am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 28th, 2014 at 5:37pm:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 27th, 2014 at 8:14pm:
Why was I banned yesterday ?

I was banned a week or so ago for posting rubbish, that was fine. Someone emailed me said it was spamming.
I was just bored.

I had no email this time, so am wondering why I was banned

still no pm from a mod about my banning.

What was it for ?

Were you posting about Islam ?

I was not here a couple days and I logged in late Sunday, posted in the food section and simply had some friendly banter with ian and then quoted  an existing post in one of the Islam threads and Bam. There was no nasty shyte. The only G Mod around was Gandalf, no explanation nothing. I think it was more some rage issues than anything else.

« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2014 at 12:44am by Mattywisk »  

IP Logged

The Mole
Gold Member

http://www.ozpolitic
.co/album/forum-atta
chments/y

Reply #18 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 7:20pm

I was canned the same time as SC..we both know why.

"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave"

IP Logged

Mattywisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 9:31pm

Yeah seems that way aye.

IP Logged

The Mole
Gold Member

http://www.ozpolitic
.co/album/forum-atta
chments/y

Reply #20 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 10:03pm

It does Matty   Smiley

"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave"

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 8:08am

freediver wrote on Oct 4th, 2011 at 11:31am:
It is possible for me to ban members from individual boards, but it is a complicated process. So please follow this procedure. Temporary bans will not be given, so use all other avenues first.

For all members:

Please follow the instructions of board moderators. If you don't like them, cease to use the board. This is the most powerful mechanism you have to handle poor board management. You may of course complain to the mod publicly or privately, but give it up if it is not achieving anything. If they ask you to stop posting on the board, stop posting on the board. If you refuse to follow their instructions, you will be blocked from the board and also suspended from the whole forum.

For board moderators:

1) Warn the member via PM and then publicly that they are breaking the rules.

2) If they persist in being disruptive, send them a PM notifying them that they are banned from the board. Include a link to this post so that they are aware of the ban and my expectations of them under this procedure. CC a copy of this PM to me. At this stage the member is expected to voluntarily refrain from using the board.

3) If they continue to post, advise them publicly that they are banned, or refer them to their PM from you if you want to be more subtle. This is in case they don't read their PMs.

4) If they continue to post, PM me with a link to their public warning and where they posted afterwards, and quotes. I will put in an appropriate ban at that stage. This could be a ban from the board, from the section or from the entire forum.

I will not ban people from individual party boards. On the first offence you will be banned from the entire section (currently 6 boards) or from the entire forum.

For member run boards, I have traditionally banned people from individual boards first, then from the entire section. I will continue this for the moment.

If the 'offence' is particularly nasty the member will be banned or suspended from the entire forum.

The point of this process, and the member run boards in general, is to reduce the workload on myself and the other global mods. I expect the board mods to make a reasonable effort to handle and diffuse a problem themselves before asking for a ban. I do not want the board mods to use bans as part of any personal disagreements.

my question is...

what about PERSONAL abuse..

who decides if it personal or not..

if a complaint goes in but its obvious nothing is done about it.. personal abuse remains on the thread...along with the poster....

does that mean we have to put up with the abuse because the MOD doesnt agree it is abuse?..

if one is told then at least one knows where one stands...

I do recall reading where to say someone is a paedophile is called personal abuse....

yet to claim someone is an alcoholic doesnt appear to be...

can you explain the difference.. thank you?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #22 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 12:36pm

Does this have anything to do with the rules for banning from member run boards?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 5:43pm

freediver wrote on Aug 14th, 2014 at 12:36pm:
Does this have anything to do with the rules for banning from member run boards?

no it doesnt but I didnt want to get aussie all riled up for starting a new thread..

will I start a new thread to get your attention?

happy to do so.

are there two sets of rules??>. I do know you only get involved if you are pushed...

and mods seem few and far between these days.

or are they an endangered species?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #24 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 7:13pm

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 7:19pm

freediver wrote on Aug 14th, 2014 at 7:13pm:

pretty old.. and I am sorry to see you stoop to that level...but here goes.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #26 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 7:16am

cods wrote on Aug 14th, 2014 at 8:08am:
I do recall reading where to say someone is a paedophile is called personal abuse....

I have seen the alcoholic reference used dozens of times by various members and it has always escaped scrutiny. I saw one reference to it yesterday involving another member who used it for the first time and he was banned immediately. He will not return and this is Ozpolitic's loss.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 10:09am

mantra wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 7:16am:

I have seen the alcoholic reference used dozens of times by various members and it has always escaped scrutiny. I saw one reference to it yesterday involving another member who used it for the first time and he was banned immediately. He will not return and this is Ozpolitic's loss.

really... thats news.. how do you know when someone is banned???....I dont use the member run boards that much but I thought a mod could only ban you from their own board and not the whole thing??.... or have I got that wrong.?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #28 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 10:28am

cods wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 10:09am:

really... thats news.. how do you know when someone is banned???....I dont use the member run boards that much but I thought a mod could only ban you from their own board and not the whole thing??.... or have I got that wrong.?

Unless you are also a GMod, those like me who moderate the Member run Boards do not have a ban button.  To get someone banned form that Board, we have to go through a three stage advice/request process, and even then nothing may happen.  In effect, it means that an offender gets three strikes before  freediver might act.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 10:42am

Aussie wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 10:28am:
cods wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 10:09am:

Unless you are also a GMod, those like me who moderate the Member run Boards do not have a ban button.  To get someone banned form that Board, we have to go through a three stage advice/request process, and even then nothing may happen.  In effect, it means that an offender gets three strikes before  freediver might act.

thats interesting.... I thought I was banned from tavern....but maybe not...I was asked not to go there and I havent lol..

so what you a re saying is.. FD is the only one that can ban someone.....no wonder he is snowed under..I am thinking of all the people that would be complaining about me...that alone would be a fulltime job...

is andrei still with us do you know?....as a mod I mean...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print