Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
If I go to Indonesia on a boat, will I get a tv? (Read 3188 times)
matty
Gold Member

Australian Politics

East Sydney
If I go to Indonesia on a boat, will I get a tv?
Nov 6th, 2011 at 8:35pm

I was in the Northern Territory recently, and was on a boat on a crocodile cruise. We were only a short while from Indonesia. If we crossed the border, would we be given free plasma tvs, cigarettes and alcohol (I don't smoke or drink, but that's besides the point), free dental care and pretty much whatever else we wanted?

BILL SHORTEN WILL NEVER BE PM!!!!

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: If I go to Indonesia on a boat, will I get a tv?
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 9:01pm

It's true, Matty, can you believe it? All Australian refugees jumping the queue to Indonesia get 30 day visas, free TV and cigarettes for a dollar a pack.

Unbelieveable.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 9:02pm

I would be glad to help with some sponsorship if you would like to give it a go and find out.

IP Logged

Uncle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 9:04pm

I'll give you a TV to take on the boat with you.

No problem.

"Julia Gillard says she is prepared to legislate a carbon price in the next term. "&&&&- The Age 20/8/10&&&&"You are not just thick - you weant to be thick. It makes you feel compssionate."&&&&- Soren

IP Logged

Life_goes_on
Gold Member

400kms south of Yobsville, Qld
Reply #4 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 9:04pm

matty wrote on Nov 6th, 2011 at 8:35pm:
I was in the Northern Territory recently, and was on a boat on a crocodile cruise. We were only a short while from Indonesia. If we crossed the border, would we be given free plasma tvs, cigarettes and alcohol (I don't smoke or drink, but that's besides the point), free dental care and pretty much whatever else we wanted?

Yes, you would.

"You're just one lucky motherf-cker" - Someone, 5th February 2013

Num num num num.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 9:10pm

I'll throw in the cigarettes.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

barnaby joe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

euchareena
Reply #6 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 9:17pm

oh my god this is my favourite topic ever. i've never laughed harder than at the first two posts.

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 6:25am

You will not only get a free tv if you go to Indonesia by boat. You will get a beautiful Balinese man to look after you, to cater to your every whim, and I imagine there would be a few, you will be treated like a princess and taken to the finest eating houses in all the land. You will be taken on tours of the land in the limousine of your choice and when you are a little weary after a full day of sight seeing and meeting distinguished guests you will be rubbed down with the finest balm until your body is relaxed and you fall into a wonderful slumber where you dream of Pauline your special pussy cat purring beside you

meow~

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #8 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 9:10am

Seriously, Matty, this is the kind of thing which demands a real-world experiment!

I suggest that you give it a try and then get back to us...

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #9 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 12:13pm

No, but they would probably give you a 7.62mm size hole through the forehead though for your troubles.
And perhaps a cigarette beforehand if you ask nicely.
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2011 at 1:20pm by chicken_lipsforme »  

"Another boat, another policy failure from the Howard government"

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #10 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 12:27pm

probably get starvation, exposure to the elements and scorned.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #11 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 2:14pm

We know you're not that
- but we know you're
 , either

I doubt you truely believe ANY of this
 you are pushing, thread after thread after thread

For the record, the good behaviour points, priviledges and provisions model in refugee prisons in Australia is the same model as the  good behaviour points, priviledges and provisions model in criminal prisons in Australia

Television in both cases is to relieve years of boredom - which can lead to depression, frustration, anger, rebelion, violence and rioting

It's cheap insurance

Cigarettes are purchased by inmates from a small allowance - based on points for good behaviour

ANOTHER good investment

There is NO "free alcohol" in EITHER system - paid for, or not
Alcohol is CONTRABAND

Medical and dental care for inmates is ALSO a responsability of host nation under UN conventions

Do you really believe Australia should be modeling itself on Indonesia in ALL respects ?

« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2011 at 2:29pm by buzzanddidj »  

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Gist
Gold Member

I am not a sock, I am
a human being!

Reply #12 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 2:14pm

Uncle wrote on Nov 6th, 2011 at 9:04pm:
I'll give you a TV to take on the boat with you.

No problem.

freediver wrote on Nov 6th, 2011 at 9:10pm:
I'll throw in the cigarettes.

Hell, I can cover the boat. Looks like you're all set! When do you go?

"When our military goes to war it should be for purposes and objectives clearly in Australia’s interests, not merely because the Americans want some company" - Malcolm Fraser (2012 Whitlam Oration)

IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 2:57pm

You would get a free TV set but the chances are you wouldn't be able to understand the programs because they aren't broadcast in English. You would also qualify for culturally appropriate meals but that could cause an argument if you asked for pork chops or perhaps a rasher or two of bacon. I wouldn't parade around in a bikini if I were you because most Indonesians find skin repulsive. And do remember to remind your hosts of your human rights.

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

nairbe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rural NSW
Reply #14 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 5:40pm

How do i donate to the fair well fund.

"Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage."
Confucius

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print