Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Why criminalise kronic/k2? (Read 14843 times)
Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Why criminalise kronic/k2?
Nov 27th, 2011 at 3:26am

A little over a week ago , laws were passed,- somewhere - that allowed police to enter and remove all marijuana substitutes from businesses in Se QLD. I imagine it applies everywhere in the state .  The claimed reason was to prevent the 'schoolies' - you know them, !!  supposedly, from driving under the influence.  (WHAT Hypocritical garbage)

NOW LETS JUST BE CLEAR - the new law bans 'any substance (unspecified)  which can be said to mimic the effects of illegal substances'.  (MY WORDS)  The powers that be couldn't ban the actual herb/s - (for this post we'll stick to K2)  ... so they enact a law which is entirely illegitimate. If 'whatever' makes you feel stoned, its illegal.!!!!

WHAT??????The mind truly boggles. But you gotta remember , this is Queensland. Anybody know if it applies outside this bogan state? Angry I'm too angry to go there.!

Anyway, I had been curious.. and purely by chance, as recently as 2 mths ago, I  came across a business which sold K2. Legally. It wasn't illegal, - not  classed as a poison, as marijuana, erroneously, is classed, so up until Fri before last you could purchase it - no dramas. So - yep I tried a couple of grams.  NOT ALL AT ONCE!!! for you morons who don't understand but still condemn.!!
It worked pretty good actually.
So.. last Monday I go to get a bit more, only to find the business had been stripped of this product.  I was pretty disgusted, I have to say. The business owner,replied to my comments of disbelief.....     yeah - its really bad ....  they just want to give it all back to the Bikers.  Ridiculous, he said .. shaking his head.

THIS IS TRULY a bad sign ...  the jackboots and batons will be next. !!
I am just disgusted.!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course it is still available on-line, but now illegal to possess. Angry Angry Angry Angry

live every day

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Why criminalise kronic/k2?
Reply #1 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 7:05am

It didn't help that the New Zealand manufacturers refused to comply with Australian labelling laws by not identifying the contents of their product then producing and selling ever stronger variations of "legal marijuana"...

Then goading Australian state governments by making wild claims of being able to subvert any Australian law by "altering the chemical structure" of the active ingredients.

The arrogance of these pissant companies eventually led to its banning in New Zealand as well.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 11:56am

Emma wrote on Nov 27th, 2011 at 3:26am:
A little over a week ago , laws were passed,- somewhere - that allowed police to enter and remove all marijuana substitutes from businesses in Se QLD. I imagine it applies everywhere in the state .  The claimed reason was to prevent the 'schoolies' - you know them, !!  supposedly, from driving under the influence.  (WHAT Hypocritical garbage)

NOW LETS JUST BE CLEAR - the new law bans 'any substance (unspecified)  which can be said to mimic the effects of illegal substances'.  (MY WORDS)  The powers that be couldn't ban the actual herb/s - (for this post we'll stick to K2)  ... so they enact a law which is entirely illegitimate. If 'whatever' makes you feel stoned, its illegal.!!!!

WHAT??????The mind truly boggles. But you gotta remember , this is Queensland. Anybody know if it applies outside this bogan state? Angry I'm too angry to go there.!

Anyway, I had been curious.. and purely by chance, as recently as 2 mths ago, I  came across a business which sold K2. Legally. It wasn't illegal, - not  classed as a poison, as marijuana, erroneously, is classed, so up until Fri before last you could purchase it - no dramas. So - yep I tried a couple of grams.  NOT ALL AT ONCE!!! for you morons who don't understand but still condemn.!!
So.. last Monday I go to get a bit more, only to find the business had been stripped of this product.  I was pretty disgusted, I have to say. The business owner,replied to my comments of disbelief.....     yeah - its really bad ....  they just want to give it all back to the Bikers.  Ridiculous, he said .. shaking his head.

Of course it is still available on-line, but now illegal to possess. Angry Angry Angry Angry

Well - they will have to ban avocados because they help
release endorphins in the brain just like pot.
Avocados make you feel good so that's what is next on the list -
& don't forget chocolate does the same thing.

IP Logged

qikvtec
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Queensland
Reply #3 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 11:59am

Bobby. wrote on Nov 27th, 2011 at 11:56am:
Emma wrote on Nov 27th, 2011 at 3:26am:

Well - they will have to ban avocados because they help
release endorphins in the brain just like pot.
Avocados make you feel good so that's what is next on the list -
& don't forget chocolate does the same thing.

Tomatoes contain THC; have to ban them too.

Politicians and Nappies need to be changed often and for the same reason.

One trouble with political jokes is that they often get elected.

Alan Joyce for PM

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #4 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 12:08pm

Quote:
Tomatoes contain THC; have to ban them too.

Yes - add that to the list of banned substances.

see my thread:
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1322267896/15

but it's ok to make neuro-toxic nerve gas & sell it to kill people - go figure?

IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 3:22pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Nov 27th, 2011 at 7:05am:
It didn't help that the New Zealand manufacturers refused to comply with Australian labelling laws by not identifying the contents of their product then producing and selling ever stronger variations of "legal marijuana"...

Then goading Australian state governments by making wild claims of being able to subvert any Australian law by "altering the chemical structure" of the active ingredients.

The arrogance of these pissant companies eventually led to its banning in New Zealand as well.

That's some fairly detailed information there. Except that K2 is not banned in NZ. They are still shipping cannabinoid substances. They've just varied the carbon link, and will keep doing that as each new molecule is banned. This means however that some strains of K2 will not be as potent as other strains.

Queensland's new law is interesting... I would like to see it tested.

"Love is a cunning weaver of fantasies and fables."

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #6 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 7:33pm

That's some fairly detailed information there. Except that K2 is not banned in NZ. They are still shipping cannabinoid substances. They've just varied the carbon link, and will keep doing that as each new molecule is banned. This means however that some strains of K2 will not be as potent as other strains.

Queensland's new law is interesting... I would like to see it tested.  Sappho  

Me too. Actually Helian ...
K2 is a product of the USA.
I don't know about the other stuff the cops took, but news footage shows little baggies of weird looking powders.  -  K2 is actually a plant product, packaged and +18 Restricted.
Obviously crooks jumped on the band wagon.   Angry
I think the original K2 was actually quite acceptable, and should not be included with the 'copies'.  
FYI the name of the herbal plant is - Turnera diffusa - and comes with added fragrance oil. Various varieties formerly available, from what I can tell, differed slightly in flavour, and anecdotally, some were stronger than others.

Never got the opportunity to really check it out.!! Sad Sad Shocked

live every day

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 8:29pm

Sappho wrote on Nov 27th, 2011 at 3:22pm:
NorthOfNorth wrote on Nov 27th, 2011 at 7:05am:

Queensland's new law is interesting... I would like to see it tested.

Well, unfortunately due to the New Zealand company beating it's midget chest over Kronic, they inadvertently riled Australian state governments over who runs this country... Kiwi dickheads or Australians?

And BTW, Cannibanoids like K2 can be added to the poisons list without legislation.
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2011 at 8:44pm by NorthOfNorth »  

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #8 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 8:53pm

Obviously  Oz dickheads.!!

live every day

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 8:55pm

Emma wrote on Nov 27th, 2011 at 8:53pm:
Obviously  Oz dickheads.!!

But at least their our dickheads.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #10 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 9:09pm

TongueThis
should make me happy??

live every day

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 6:59am

Emma wrote on Nov 27th, 2011 at 9:09pm:
TongueThis
should make me happy??

Well, look on the bright side... At least you can blame those bloody Kiwis for screwing up your drug habit  Tongue

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #12 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 7:19am

Helian, do you think Kronic should be illegal? What about cannabis?

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 7:38am

Annie Anthrax wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 7:19am:
Helian, do you think Kronic should be illegal? What about cannabis?

I did see the effects of the ever stronger breeds of Kronic being sold here and I have no doubt that its effects are much worse than cannabis. I noted addictive behaviour among users of Kronic (who were cannabis smokers) that I didn't see when they were just smoking pot. One breed was so strong, its effects for about 20 minutes were more like heroin than dope.

The manufacturers refused to name the active ingredients nor their concentration in any of their products. They vocally made unsubstantiated claims of safety and goaded Australian governments (as I said above) with claims of ability to subvert our laws. If I were a legislator or law enforcer, I too would be offended by foreigners goading me to respond. I wonder how New Zealand legislators would have responded had it been the other way around. As it turned out, the NZ Minister of Health finally woke up and realised the NZ government was risking being accused of a lack of duty of care with regard to "legal marijuana", particularly in the face of uncontrolled products being sold to just about anyone containing unknown chemicals in those products.

As for cannabis... I think decriminalisation is a rational approach.

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #14 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 4:47pm

Yes. I have read about the negative effects of Kronic and I have no problem banning it. I support the legalisation of cannabis though, rather than just decriminalising it.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print