Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
arrested import border controlled but its not (Read 427 times)
HAMMURABI

Australian Politics

arrested import border controlled but its not
Dec 13th, 2011 at 2:32pm

hi im in deep poo and need help, ive been arrested for the import of a border controlled drug, which means its on the "prohibited imports" list , which it isnt . The feds have got it wrong 4 times in court , and a magistrate asked for recess, while someone went and "googled it" . Ive been made to sign in daily now for 300 days and am interstate from my home , my family etc . The feds intimidated my mum,she had a heart attack and nearly died and have harassed my family also, im essentially homeless in melbourne and have no money , no support and really need help , please anyone , im open to discuss details with anyone guenuinely interested and concerned . Embarrassed

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Re: arrested import border controlled but its not
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 2:02am

Good luck to you --

... if, in the end, it is not a controlled substance, and it is not on the Customs list as a prohibited import, you SHOULD be OK - eventually.!! Then u try for compensation.!!!

But I can only say,...u have to stick it out. keep on fighting.
Sounds like a bad farce... but I know they happen for real everyday. Such is the hysteria, innocents are made into criminals.
( Disclaimer: I know nothing of your matter other than  your post)

The Fed Police are pretty useless when it comes to Law. That is clear from many many failures of procedural adherence to Australian law. They seem to think they are ..??? above it??

I don't know who they rely on for advice, but it's obviously someone who tells them what they want to hear.
Public Prosecutors, of the Federal or State variety, are likely to make foolish political decisions.
It even gets on the News!!

If you are being unreasonably treated vis a vis reporting to police,  you should apply to be able to return to your home, and arrange to report at your closest Police station, instead of the current one. This should not be impossible, if the current order has the effect of essential homelessness.  If your 'home' is interstate , not so bad, - or OS?, ie not an oz citizen,  you're facing a much longer process.

Of course, if you are domiciled with Family , in Mel, your argument is harder to justify.
If you are required to report daily, then you would seem to  have significant matters to answer.

However, its always a point that justice delayed is justice denied.

I can only offer you advice...  because no one can help you but yourself.

so I will quote an OZ band
' ..better get a lawyer son,... better get a reeeeal good one..'

live every day

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #2 - Dec 18th, 2011 at 1:23am

May I ask what the substance is?

IP Logged

Morgan Cooper

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 10:16pm

That is some serious problem which is carried out by you. Convincing the feds is one of the toughest jobs around. Patience is the key here.

IP Logged

RedRoses

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 6:28pm

Amadd wrote on Dec 18th, 2011 at 1:23am:
May I ask what the substance is?

Id like to know as well. Not often they "get it wrong" but if they have, time to sue.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 6:31pm

Are you Nigerian?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - May 2nd, 2018 at 10:25am

This Topic was moved here from Drug Policy by freediver.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print