Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Bob Brown Windy Farms too Noisy (Read 17545 times)
buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Re: Bob Brown Windy Farms too Noisy
Reply #30 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 11:32am

juliar wrote on Dec 20th, 2011 at 11:09am:
You are really wasting your breath as the LAW now recognizes that Bob Brown Windy Farms do cause an irritating noise and as such must be kept away from existing residences. 

i
Am I the FIRST person to declare you "totally insane" ?
i

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #31 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 11:46am

The harm to people's health from wind turbines should not be dismissed altogether.....Some people might very well suffer some ill effects from living to close to some turbines however the reasearch is not conclusive.....What we need is a reasoned debate and practicle solutions to address people's concerns and determine the extent of the problem.....No one is in a position to claim anything for certain and more research is required before anyone makes claims that cannot be supported by facts!!!

Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 11:53am

It won't be long and all states will have laws requiring that noisy Bob Brown Windy Farms will need to be sited some distance from any residence that requests a separation.

Climate sceptics enter wind farm debate
   BY BEN CUBBY AND JOSEPHINE TOVEY  20 Dec, 2011 04:00 AM
The anti-wind farm movement that is gaining influence within the NSW parliament is being ''aided and abetted'' by climate sceptic groups and some mining industry figures.

The cabinet debated new wind farm guidelines yesterday, with division over whether NSW should follow Victoria and order wind turbines be set further back from houses.

The Shooters and Fishers Party, which shares the balance of power in the NSW upper house with the Christian Democrats, announced yesterday that it wanted a moratorium on new wind farms in the state.

Industry sources said a campaign was being waged against wind energy in NSW, which was expected to see up to $10 billion in investment this decade as it accelerates to meet the national 20 per cent renewable energy target.

The opponents of wind farms include a coalition of local groups under the banner ''landscape guardians'', and the Australian Environment Foundation.

The foundation's executive director, Max Rheese, said, ''Our role is, if you like, aiding and abetting what the local communities are doing and helping them voice their disapproval over wind farms.''

While local groups say they believe that the noise and vibration produced by wind farms are affecting human health, the Australian Environment Foundation does not think humans have a role in causing climate change and therefore that wind farms are an expensive extravagance.

It hosted British climate sceptic Lord Monckton when he visited last year and says it ''questions the whole science behind anthropogenic global warming''.

Mr Rheese said the foundation had paid for anti-wind signs at public meetings, and lobbied the Shooters and Fishers Party, along with the National and Liberal parties in NSW.

''The AEF is keen to help, because a lot of communities are obviously bewildered when a wind farm proposal arrives out of nowhere,'' he said.

The Shooters and Fishers Party MP, Robert Borsak, said yesterday that it would wait for the Government's cabinet decision, but would use its critical position in the upper house to to oppose any pro-wind farm legislation that comes to parliament. The party had discussed wind farms with the Australian Environment Foundation but had come up with its own policy calling for a moratorium and public inquiry into wind turbines, Mr Borsak said.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/national/national/general/climate-sceptics-...

IP Logged

Gist
Gold Member

I am not a sock, I am
a human being!

Reply #33 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 11:58am

More mindless parroting.

What kind of bird seed do you prefer liar? Never know, I may be in a generous mood at christmas and send you some.

"When our military goes to war it should be for purposes and objectives clearly in Australia’s interests, not merely because the Americans want some company" - Malcolm Fraser (2012 Whitlam Oration)

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 11:58am

buzzanddidj wrote on Dec 19th, 2011 at 4:32pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Dec 19th, 2011 at 4:14pm:
   what kind of fool automatically dismisses it just because it comes from a lobby group?

It depends on who is financing them

Example ...

buzzanddidj wrote on Feb 16th, 2011 at 4:19pm:
We have small contingent of 'ELSIE DEININGERS' here in Victoria
Under the name -
LANDSCAPE GUARDIANS
- they travel Victoria and South Australia disrupting public meetings, information seminars, AGM's and first 'sod turnings'

That's a few of them in the last photo at the Hepburn Wind site
This is a small, close-knit community - so it's a good thing there were no locals among them

In their spare time they run an ongoing letter writing campaign to anyone that will publish them - much like 'our Elsie'

Also, like Elsie, they have NO qualifications or evidence to back their string of claims

Australian Landscape Guardians was started by - and bankrolled by Peter Mitchell, a founding chairman of the Moonie Oil Company and now chairman of Lowell Pty Ltd, which runs an investment fund focused on oil, gas and minerals.

It's ALWAYS gets interesting when you follow the paper trail

No response ?
Lord MUCK ?

( ... We assume you've lost your MODERATOR powers ?
Along with your CENSORSHIP powers ?)

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 12:00pm

Wind farm opponents target insurance industry   12 December 2011

The insurance industry can expect claims relating to health problems from wind turbines, a wind farm lobby group is warning.

The Waubra Foundation says a new wave of claims can be expected from people who live near wind farms and believe they have suffered ill health as a result.

It says health problems include sleep deprivation, hypertension, heart attacks, depression and suicidal thoughts, and a worsening of existing health problems such as angina, diabetes, migraines and tinnitus.

Federal Government health adviser the National Health and Medical Research Council reviewed scientific literature on wind farms in 2009 and found no evidence to positively link adverse health effects with wind turbines.

It looked at research on the health effects of noise, very low frequency sounds and electromagnetic interference from the turbines.

This year it held a scientific forum on wind farms and decided on a further review of the literature. The council is expected to make a public statement on wind turbines in the first half of next year following that research.

The Waubra Foundation itself has been attacked as solely being against wind farms. The foundation’s medical director, retired country GP Sarah Laurie, told insuranceNEWS.com.au the group wants more research done into whether the technology causes harm.

“The insurance industry should be aware that this is something that is emerging,” she said.

http://www.insurancenews.com.au/local/wind-farm-opponents-target-insurance-indus...

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 12:05pm

Disaster !!  It is the middle of summer and a Bob Brown windy farm is about to start a bush fire and destroy a whole community.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 12:20pm

Suck it up your GREAT BIG SLOPPY
julier

You CAN'T win

http://100percent.org.au/content/dont-let-ofarrell-and-baillieu-destroy-wind-and...

There's TOO many good people with us

[size=24][/size]i

« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2011 at 12:56pm by perceptions_now »  

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 1:15pm

This is the horrible noise that people are complaining about from the good old Bob Brown windy farms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRWHr2ek_BQ&feature=endscreen&NR=1

It would certainly be most unpleasant to have to listen to this abrasive whoosh whoosh whoosh sound all the time. It would be nearly as bad as having to listen to Miss Gillard's vile ear breaking vocals for 1 minute. It is easy to understand how people living near this highly irritating noise would eventually suffer from health problems.

The sensible approach being taken by the Victorian Govt is to site these monstrosities a certain distance away from residences. This will allow residents and windy farms to live together peacefully. The other approach is to site the windy farms off shore and this completely removes the noise problem but off shore is more expensive. At least there is no bush fire problem if one of the turbine catches fire. There is the other problem that occurs when a rotor collapses and scatters debris over a considerable area - tough luck for anybody that is standing there.

IP Logged

Gist
Gold Member

I am not a sock, I am
a human being!

Reply #39 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 2:13pm

Interesting. Just how many houses are built directly beneath a wind turbine?

"When our military goes to war it should be for purposes and objectives clearly in Australia’s interests, not merely because the Americans want some company" - Malcolm Fraser (2012 Whitlam Oration)

IP Logged

Lobo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #40 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 2:57pm

juliar wrote on Dec 20th, 2011 at 12:05pm:
Disaster !!  It is the middle of summer and a Bob Brown windy farm is about to start a bush fire and destroy a whole community.

http://www.wolfcat.com.au/randomrants/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/57213585_wintur...

What an absolute goose.

You have picked a good ID.
Just remove the Ju!

You know very well that this photo was taken in Britain, NOT Australia!
In Winter, Not Summer!
Caused by Gale Force winds!

When you have to resort to blatant lies in an attempt to prove your case, it's time to give the game away.

Think I'll save this post to my HD and pop it up every time you post drivel.
Crikek, it's going to get a lot of posting!!

Wink

Edit:
Even if it is off-topic with the BS you are posting at the time.
Cheesy
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2011 at 3:04pm by Lobo »  

"What's in store for me in the direction I don't take?"-Jack Kerouac.

IP Logged

barnaby joe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

euchareena
Reply #41 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 3:01pm

sounds like a load of sh!t on the magnitude of those claims about wind turbines giving people perpetual headaches

IP Logged

Lobo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #42 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 3:07pm

barnaby joe wrote on Dec 20th, 2011 at 3:01pm:
sounds like a load of sh!t on the magnitude of those claims about wind turbines giving people perpetual headaches

Jujube/mellie is good at load/s of sh!t on any magnitude.
Wink

"What's in store for me in the direction I don't take?"-Jack Kerouac.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #43 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 3:09pm

Wind turbines look a bit sh*t from what I can see.

Then again, if my house is powered by a nuclear plant, a coal plant or a wind turbine - I really couldn't give a toss as long as its nowhere near where I live.

There are bigger things to worry about than this.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 3:13pm

This is the noise from a windy farm some 1600 feet away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78QwBM_AD3s&feature=related

Some explanation from the nearby resident based on first hand experience from living nearby.
Industrial wind turbine noise varies with the atmosphere and terrain. Often one of the quietest places to stand near a turbine is right underneath it. It's a little like standing beneath a 400 foot tall speaker. Turbine noise is broadcast outward and is especially troublesome at night when the air near the ground is still and the air at hub height is in motion. Standing beneath a turbine in the afternoon is the way most people who do not live in wind farms make their judgement about wind turbine noise. They stand there, listen for a minute, take pictures and drive off, go home and tell their friends that wind turbines don't make noise.
People who live in wind farms know more about turbine noise than they ever wanted to, and can't just drive off. Next time you want to listen to turbines, try it at nighttime, about 1000 feet to a quarter mile downwind from a turbine to get a better idea about what all the noise about turbine noise is about. To find out more about this issue, visit betterplan.squarespace.com

The warning for anyone who might be getting a windy farm located near them is to object officially as early as possible.

Windy farms and CSG have a lot in common - they are great in someone else's neighborhood but to have one installed close to one's home is inviting long term disaster and inevitable health problems which will occur as a result of enduring long term stress.

Other problems experienced with windy farms is the spraying of oil on the ground, fire in the actual turbine, and the blade/s disintegrating and hurling large pieces of debris over quite a large area as the tips of the blades are travelling very fast. Otherwise they are quite a useful addition to the generation of energy - while the wind is blowing but not too fast.

This is a wind turbine flying to bits - hope nobody was anywhere close by
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=jADMIeEHadU

This is a wind turbine catching on fire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOfHxINzGeo

Wind power drives a wind turbine generator to make electricity, but judging from the number of wind turbine fires and other wind turbine accidents reported on YouTube alone, the wind turbine manufacturers must be having a field day replacing all the wind turbine units in farms specially built for wind turbines.

On Christmas Eve 2005, a wind turbine generator at the wind turbine farm of Nissan car plant in Sunderland caught fire at the top of one of the wind turbines, and the flames, fuelled by wind power, rapidly spread to the Wind Turbine sails before finally burning out.

Both lanes of the nearby A19 trunk road had to be closed to traffic because of the danger caused by the wind turbine fire, and the other wind turbines were stopped.

The towers of the wind turbines are 200 feet high to catch the maximum wind power, so the wind turbine generator was not accessible to fire crews.

Eventually, all 3 of the 75 foot long blades of the Wind Turbine, or what was left of them, dropped off.

The central power pack of the wind turbine generator at the top of the Wind Turbine mast is thought to be the cause of the fire, and these wind turbine accidents are not uncommon.

The 6 wind turbines were bought second hand from German wind turbine manufacturers, and there are many reports of wind turbine generator fires on the Internet.

Wind turbine accidents and wind turbine fires in the wind turbine generator units at the top of wind turbines in The Netherlands, Palm Springs CA, Hornslet near Aarhus, Denmark, and Burgos in Spain have all had accidents involving fire.

Wind Power supplies Nissan in Sunderland with just a small amount of power through 10 wind turbines.
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2011 at 4:01pm by juliar »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Send Topic Print