Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Re: Whitney Houston Dies
Reply #315 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 4:41pm

corporate_whitey wrote on Feb 18th, 2012 at 4:28pm:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on Feb 18th, 2012 at 4:24pm:
She really was a fine looking chick in her prime was she not.

Well, I don't sexualize women I do not know, she was however a great singer, and an inspiration to the Careers of many other stars.  I am recognizing the significance of her life. Smiley

Well I also think she was an awesome singer.

But I'd also add that she was a damn fine looking chick.

I'd put her at the top of my black woman list by some distance.
Beyonce would be close to her.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #316 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 4:44pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Feb 18th, 2012 at 4:41pm:

Well, I don't sexualize women I do not know, she was however a great singer, and an inspiration to the Careers of many other stars.  I am recognizing the significance of her life. Smiley

Well I also think she was an awesome singer.

But I'd also add that she was a damn fine looking chick.

I'd put her at the top of my black woman list by some distance.
Beyonce would be close to her.

Its whats inside that counts, if the inside is full of corruption, wickedness, selfishness, vanity, malice and evil it does not matter a hoot what she looks like - a relationship with that person would be my idea of hell on earth.
Roll Eyes

World Wide Working Class Struggle

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #317 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 5:30pm

...  Sad

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #318 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 5:32pm

... Smiley

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #319 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 5:33pm

... Smiley

IP Logged

Mnemonic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #320 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 7:49pm

corporate_whitey wrote on Feb 18th, 2012 at 4:44pm:
Its whats inside that counts, if the inside is full of corruption, wickedness, selfishness, vanity, malice and evil it does not matter a hoot what she looks like - a relationship with that person would be my idea of hell on earth. Roll Eyes

How do you know? You were never in a 'ship with her. Cheesy

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #321 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 8:16pm

Mnemonic wrote on Feb 18th, 2012 at 7:49pm:
corporate_whitey wrote on Feb 18th, 2012 at 4:44pm:
Its whats inside that counts, if the inside is full of corruption, wickedness, selfishness, vanity, malice and evil it does not matter a hoot what she looks like - a relationship with that person would be my idea of hell on earth. Roll Eyes

How do you know? You were never in a 'ship with her. Cheesy

Look, I am not a slave to materialism and aesthetics - never have been - so don't bother asking me to care about it, vanity fair was never my city, the celestial city is...I have always been a spiritual person ln my own way, not a sheep or a follower, but a pilgrim passing through. Cool

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #322 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 9:32pm

Well, I don't sexualize women I do not know, she was however a great singer, and an inspiration to the Careers of many other stars.

Driver lifts lid on soul star Whitney Houston's drug-fuelled depravity

Feb 18 2012

WHITNEY Houston’s chauffeur has revealed the tragic depths to which the superstar sank while hooked on crack cocaine.

Limo driver Al Bowman drove the singer for two decades.

And he witnessed first hand her spiral into a drug-fuelled meltdown.

He watched helplessly as Whitney and husband Bobby Brown became wasted in the back of his car almost daily, set fire to his limo while “free-basing” cocaine and even indulged in a threesome with an A-list soul singer after a wild night out.

Whitney even demanded that Al drive to rundown ghettos in LA so she could buy more drugs.

But most shockingly, Whitney’s drug abuse became so severe that she openly smoked crack in front of her young daughter Bobbi Kristina.

Al said: “I couldn’t believe my eyes. Here was Whitney Houston in my limo, smoking crack with her six or seven-year-old daughter sat next to her. It was heart-breaking.

“I’ve driven some big stars over the years – Michael and Janet Jackson, Ozzy Osbourne, Motley Crew – but Whitney was by far the worst behaved.

“It was tragic to see. Here was this glamorous star, adored around the world, but in the back of my car she was a rambling drug addict, a train wreck.”

At her peak in the 80s and early 90s, Whitney was the golden girl of the music industry.

But by the mid-90s her descent into a drug-addled hell saw the hits dry up – and her millions squandered on drugs.

It’s believed Whitney – who died last weekend from a suspected prescription drug overdose – blew a £63million fortune on her addiction.

Al, 53, first drove Whitney with her mentor Clive Davis at the height of her fame in the mid 80s.

He said: “She was just a sweet girl back then, happy to be out of New Jersey.

“I would pick her and Clive Davis up for red carpet events and ferry them back and forth. Whitney was so nice.”

But as the years rolled by and Al drove Whitney more and more, he says the transformation was astonishing.

He said: “Things took a turn for the worse when she met Bobby Brown in the early 90s.

“They started smoking crack in the limo. One time it got a little crazy back there, they were smoking and all of a sudden the limo is on fire.

“I pulled over and got the fire extinguisher and put the fire out.

“It turns out they were freebasing crack, it was like a crack lab in the back of the limo.

“There were little bags, pipes and spoons all over the place. They were using a little butane torch and lit up a bunch of cocktail napkins and the whole place went up. Whitney and Bobby had no clue what was going on, they were wasted.”

Freebasing is a street term for burning purified cocaine and inhaling the fumes.

In an interview with Oprah Winfrey in 2009, Whitney finally admitted for the first time that she was addicted to crack in the 1990s after marrying Brown.

Al says her drug habit was so bad that Whitney would ask him to drive her into LA’s ghetto areas to get her next fix.

“She’d ask me to take her to Compton, a rough area of LA, to get crack. It was like a bad rap video,” he said.

Whitney famously denied using crack when she was interviewed on TV in 2002, saying: “I make too much money to smoke crack. Crack is whack.”

But her voice was ruined by the effects of smoking crack pipes.

Al thought he’d seen it all after two decades driving Hollywood’s A-list.

But in 1999 he was horrified when he picked Whitney and Bobby up from their home in the Hollywood Hills.

“Their daughter Bobbi got into the limo with them and she had a bunch of dolls and was playing around. Then they would smoke crack right in front of her.

“Whitney would just say, ‘baby, mommy and daddy are doing adult things’. It wasn’t anything major to her.”

In another bizarre incident Al remembers a wild night in which Whitney and husband Bobby left a Hollywood party with another A-list soul diva – and ended up in a steamy threesome in the back.

Al said: “Her and Bobby were with another very famous singer after a party in Hollywood. I was taking them back to Whitney’s house in the hills.

“They were pretty wasted. I could see them through the divider glass and they started fooling around.

“It was only a 15-minute journey but they got straight to it.

“The woman was another big star at the time, so I was pretty shocked.”

Eventually, in 2003, Al decided to stop working for Whitney after her antics and crazy demands became too excessive.

“She just became too demanding,” he said. “Driving Whitney was never A to B, there was always a diversion, there was always a problem.

“She had turned into a monster, real arrogant. I told her to find another driver. I had plenty of work without her.”

He added: “It was tragic to watch a talent like Whitney Houston let herself get out of hand like she did over the years.

“She was bouncing off the walls and aged about 15-20 years really quickly.”

WHITNEY Houston’s chauffeur has revealed the tragic depths to which the superstar sank while hooked on crack cocaine.

Limo driver Al Bowman drove the singer for two decades.

And he witnessed first hand her spiral into a drug-fuelled meltdown.

He watched helplessly as Whitney and husband Bobby Brown became wasted in the back of his car almost daily, set fire to his limo while “free-basing” cocaine and even indulged in a threesome with an A-list soul singer after a wild night out.

Whitney even demanded that Al drive to rundown ghettos in LA so she could buy more drugs.

But most shockingly, Whitney’s drug abuse became so severe that she openly smoked crack in front of her young daughter Bobbi Kristina.

Al said: “I couldn’t believe my eyes. Here was Whitney Houston in my limo, smoking crack with her six or seven-year-old daughter sat next to her. It was heart-breaking.

“I’ve driven some big stars over the years – Michael and Janet Jackson, Ozzy Osbourne, Motley Crew – but Whitney was by far the worst behaved.

“It was tragic to see. Here was this glamorous star, adored around the world, but in the back of my car she was a rambling drug addict, a train wreck.”

At her peak in the 80s and early 90s, Whitney was the golden girl of the music industry.

But by the mid-90s her descent into a drug-addled hell saw the hits dry up – and her millions squandered on drugs.

It’s believed Whitney – who died last weekend from a suspected prescription drug overdose – blew a £63million fortune on her addiction.

Al, 53, first drove Whitney with her mentor Clive Davis at the height of her fame in the mid 80s.

He said: “She was just a sweet girl back then, happy to be out of New Jersey.

“I would pick her and Clive Davis up for red carpet events and ferry them back and forth. Whitney was so nice.”

But as the years rolled by and Al drove Whitney more and more, he says the transformation was astonishing.

He said: “Things took a turn for the worse when she met Bobby Brown in the early 90s.

“They started smoking crack in the limo. One time it got a little crazy back there, they were smoking and all of a sudden the limo is on fire.

“I pulled over and got the fire extinguisher and put the fire out.

“It turns out they were freebasing crack, it was like a crack lab in the back of the limo.

“There were little bags, pipes and spoons all over the place. They were using a little butane torch and lit up a bunch of cocktail napkins and the whole place went up. Whitney and Bobby had no clue what was going on, they were wasted.”

Freebasing is a street term for burning purified cocaine and inhaling the fumes.

In an interview with Oprah Winfrey in 2009, Whitney finally admitted for the first time that she was addicted to crack in the 1990s after marrying Brown.

Al says her drug habit was so bad that Whitney would ask him to drive her into LA’s ghetto areas to get her next fix.

“She’d ask me to take her to Compton, a rough area of LA, to get crack. It was like a bad rap video,” he said.

Whitney famously denied using crack when she was interviewed on TV in 2002, saying: “I make too much money to smoke crack. Crack is whack.”

But her voice was ruined by the effects of smoking crack pipes.

Cont ...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2012/02/18/driver-lifts-lid-on-s...

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #323 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 11:18pm

buzzanddidj  you have been warned not to post your disgusting hypocritical hate filth on this thread and not to post anything negative or critical of the late Ms. Whitney Houston.  You have been warned and you have been banned.  I think you are a thoroughly nasty unsavory sort of a character and your kind is not welcome to post here.  Out of the mouth - the heart speaketh.  And out of your mouth comes darkness, wickedness, gossip, character assassination, slander and evil.  BANNED.
Cool

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #324 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 11:24pm

... Smiley

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #325 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 11:26pm

Smiley

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #326 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 11:28pm

Smiley

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #327 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 11:31pm

Smiley

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #328 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 11:39pm

Quote:
Whitney Houston generation: 'Soundtrack' of our lives

It was 1985. Belting out the words to Whitney Houston's "The Greatest Love of All," a 14-year-old girl in Dallas, Texas, stood in front of her bathroom mirror, believing the song's message of strength and self-worth.

"This was daily," says Deon Q. Sanders, 40, who now lives in Grand Prairie, Texas, and continues to sing Houston's music at weddings and other events. She laughs when she remembers her early obsession. "I can remember my mom screaming, 'Would you please hush!'"
There was something about Houston's music that made children and teenagers want to learn the words and dance along. You didn't have to know anything about the singer's personal life to be inspired by the music. In the days after Houston was found dead in a Beverly Hills hotel, childhood fans reminisced on CNN iReport about the singer who provided the soundtrack to their young lives.

Her funeral is Saturday in Newark, New Jersey.

Fans remember Whitney Houston at the Newark, New Jersey, church where she grew up

Houston would later struggle with drug addiction, health problems and a rocky marriage to Bobby Brown. But iReporters said they would remember her at her prime.

Whitney Houston's self-titled debut album generated three No. 1 singles -- "Saving All My Love for You," "How Will I Know" and "Greatest Love of All." Her second, "Whitney," came out two years later in 1987 with chart-topping singles "I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)," "Didn't We Almost Have It All," "So Emotional" and "Where Do Broken Hearts Go."

The "Whitney Houston" cassette was often playing when Cory Surovek's mom picked him up from school in her gold Mercedes Benz.

Surovek, now 29 and an architect in Los Angeles, says "How Will I know" would come on, and he and his mother would lip sync and dance in their seats.

"Whitney's voice wailed over our conversations of my day in class and often provided the soundtrack of our impromptu dance parties at any given stoplight," Surovek wrote in his iReport. Houston's music was "essential to the earliest memories that I have of me being 'me,' with my mom, in that Benz, dancing, laughing, singing, loving."

Dana Brenklin, then 9 years old and an aspiring singer, knew she had found her vocal role model when she first heard Houston singing "You Give Good Love" on the radio.

"She was just singing and singing and then she got to the bridge and she just soared, and I was like, 'Oh my god, who is this person?'" says Brenklin, 36, who has won several singing contests with Houston numbers. "When you saw her on TV, she looked kind, she looked nice, she looked pretty and she seemed happy and bubbly. You see her, and you hear this and you just want to take the ride with her."

Brenklin was in the studio audience a couple of years later when Houston taped the video for "Celebrate New Life" by BeBe & CeCe Winans. Brenklin's memories of seeing Houston are hazy, but she still remembers "how nice she was and how pretty she was" in person.
http://articles.cnn.com/2012-02-16/entertainment/showbiz_whitney-80s-fans-irpt_1...

Wink

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #329 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 11:48pm

Smiley

IP Logged