World Wide Working Class Struggle

IP Logged

matty
Gold Member

Australian Politics

East Sydney
Re: Whitney Houston Dies
Reply #76 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 1:09pm

It's always sad when someone dies. She had a wonderful voice, but no one forced her to take the drugs. Her problems were self-inflicted, but it's sad, and none of the current singers hold a candle to her amazing and one of a kind voice.
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2012 at 1:32pm by matty »  

BILL SHORTEN WILL NEVER BE PM!!!!

IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #77 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 1:12pm

I'm saddened to hear of her passing.
She had quite a voice before the drugs and alcohol took over, and I enjoyed her music.
I heard today she apparently drowned in a hotel bath with no illicit drugs involved, after falling asleep.
I wonder where BB was though.

"Another boat, another policy failure from the Howard government"

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #78 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 1:35pm

matty wrote on Feb 13th, 2012 at 1:09pm:
It's always sad when someone dies (unless it were Gillard or any other Labor politician). She had a wonderful voice, but no one forced her to take the drugs. Her problems were self-inflicted, but it's sad, and none of the current singers hold a candle to her amazing and one of a kind voice.

Comments on Ms Houstons alleged Drug use and any other Holy Roller finger pointing, gossip, judgement and disrespect by Hypocrites are banned from this thread.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-... Cool
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2012 at 1:41pm by corporate_whitey »  

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #79 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 1:42pm

... Smiley

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 1:58pm

chicken_lipsforme wrote on Feb 13th, 2012 at 1:12pm:
She had quite a voice before the drugs and alcohol took over, and I enjoyed her music.
I heard today she apparently drowned in a hotel bath with no illicit drugs involved, after falling asleep.

She fell asleep in a bath and no illicit drugs were involved.  Well, she must have been bloody wasted on something to not wake up.

Sadly, her daughter more than likely wont even see her mothers age at the rate she is snorting cocaine and drinking.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #81 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 2:02pm

Verge wrote on Feb 13th, 2012 at 1:58pm:

She fell asleep in a bath and no illicit drugs were involved.  Well, she must have been bloody wasted on something to not wake up.Sadly, her daughter more than likely wont even see her mothers age at the rate she is snorting cocaine and drinking.

Considering she was having a bath prior to going out to the Emmy's where she was to perform.
I would have thought she would have done all her partying after the performance, rather than before it only to fall asleep in the bath.

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #82 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 2:04pm

chicken_lipsforme wrote on Feb 13th, 2012 at 2:02pm:

She fell asleep in a bath and no illicit drugs were involved.  Well, she must have been bloody wasted on something to not wake up.Sadly, her daughter more than likely wont even see her mothers age at the rate she is snorting cocaine and drinking.

Considering she was having a bath prior to going out to the Emmy's where she was to perform.
I would have thought she would have done all her partying after the performance, rather than before it only to fall asleep in the bath.

Must have been a long bath - the Emmys are in September.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

Uncle Meat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Tasmania
Reply #83 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 2:08pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Feb 13th, 2012 at 2:04pm:

"Must have been a long bath - the Emmys are in September."

LOL     Cheesy

IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #84 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 2:20pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Feb 13th, 2012 at 2:04pm:
chicken_lipsforme wrote on Feb 13th, 2012 at 2:02pm:

Must have been a long bath - the Emmys are in September.

I was always told by my mother never to question a lady about the time she takes in the bath Annie, as it is not gentlemanly. Smiley

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

Mnemonic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #85 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 2:41pm

Uncle Meat wrote on Feb 12th, 2012 at 6:30pm:
I've listened to Whitney many times and even saw her perform live (which was the worst concert I've ever seen in my life), and in my opinion she was absolute crap.

I prefer real music.

Having said that, she was probably a lovely person and I certainly don't wish the poor woman dead.

However, her "music" will not be missed by me.

I just listened to four of her songs on YouTube. I have to say, her music doesn't seem to have "climaxes" and I didn't find them emotionally stimulating. It just felt flat. I think the reason why she became so popular was not because her songs could stir up your emotions, but because of her voice.

Her music is the slow, flat, climax-lacking kind and not like the kind I usually find exciting. She seems more like a dance-floor singer, singing the kind of song that you hear when you go to a formal dinner where men come in tuxedos and women come in fancy dresses. It could also be the kind of music you play when you're putting your baby to sleep. You'd probably fall asleep at the sofa yourself if you listened to it due to the lack of emotional stimulation.

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #86 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 4:31pm

No disrespect of Ms Houston will be tolerated on this thread - there is no free speech for haters here so be warned....
Cool

... Smiley

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #87 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 4:34pm

Whitney Houston - One Moment in Time

Smiley

IP Logged

blackadder
Gold Member

Reply #88 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 5:25pm

DRUGS.

SHOWING the strain of her disastrous Australian tour, Whitney Houston looked anything but an international superstar while eating a late lunch in Sydney yesterday.
Hours before hitting the stage before 12,000 paying fans at the Hope Estate Winery in Pokolbin in the Hunter Valley, Houston, 46, surfaced from her room at the Four Seasons hotel in The Rocks, She sat down with a few members of her entourage at 3.30pm and had a Coca-Cola, a bottle of water and a light meal.

Wearing a white singlet and long black shorts and looking extremely tired, despite not having performed since Wednesday night, Houston at times closed her eyes and rested her head against a wall and waved her arms.
After eating, a puffy Houston happily posed with a couple of fans in the hotel foyer before boarding a tour bus for the two-and-a-half hour drive to Hope Estate.
Two decades ago, Houston was the world's biggest pop star. Her magnificent voice pumped out a string of massive international hits, but her destructive relationship with drug-addicted husband Bobby Brown, himself a lower-level pop star, led her to a life of well-chronicled drug dependency.

In recent years she has split with Brown and kicked drugs, but her first tour to Australia since 1988 has been a disaster.

Houston's Brisbane show last week was slated by fans for forgotten lyrics and wobbly pitch.

After paying up to $699 for ticket packages, fans waited anxiously for her to come on stage at 9pm last night and were worried they wouldn't get their money's worth.

"I paid $250 and got a $350 package for the weekend, but I'm a bit concerned about it because I heard in Brisbane she only did a few songs, walked off throughout the show and her voice wasn't that good," said 20-year-old Jess Morton from North Sydney.
The show was not a sell-out, with noticeable empty spaces around the 168ha estate.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #89 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 5:40pm

You are instructed to take your nasty holy roller gossip else where and wash your ugly hypocritical soul out with soap and water.  Your slander is not wanted or welcomed here now go, depart from here foul unclean spirit get help.
Angry

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24
Send Topic Print