Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The Palestinian Gandhi? (Read 2813 times)
Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

The Palestinian Gandhi?
Feb 19th, 2012 at 10:33am

Today, Khader Adnan will begin the 63rd day of his hunger strike. Bobby Sands died on day 66 of his own protest. Adnan has not been charged with any crime, but is being held in 'administrative detention'.

Quote:
The 33-year-old Palestinian was taken from his home in Arrabeh village near Jenin in the occupied West Bank at 3:30am on December 17. One day later he began his hunger strike to protest against the "humiliation and policy of administrative detention". Adnan, like hundreds of other Palestinians, was arrested under a military order that Israel has named "administrative detention", which allows prisoners to be held without charge or trial for periods of up to six months, spells that can be renewed indefinitely.

Quote:
Mr Adnan's family insists that he has never been involved in violence; nor has he been charged with it. Indeed, on this occasion, he has not been charged with any crime. His hunger strike has focused growing attention on the practice of administrative detention, in which Palestinians can be held without trial and on the basis of secret intelligence dossiers which are not shown to the defendant or his lawyers.

With international groups like Human Rights Watch demanding his release, and almost daily demonstrations in his support outside the Ofer military court near Ramallah, his case is fast taking on some of the political resonances of Bobby Sands, the most famous of the 10 IRA prisoners who died on hunger strike in prison in Northern Ireland in the early 1980s. Sands, an elected MP, died after 66 days without food.

Sitting with her older daughter, Maali, in front of a poster of her husband proclaiming "I reject administrative detention and I will continue the hunger strike until I am released", Mrs Adnan said that he is determined to continue his fast. His resolve has been hardened, she said, not only by his summary arrest and its circumstances (he was seized while in the lavatory) but by his treatment during interrogation. She claimed her husband had been held for seven-hour periods – interspersed with one-hour breaks – on a short chair with his hands tied behind its back, causing him intense discomfort, and that parts of his beard had been torn out by interrogators.

She said he had also been subject to psychological pressure, which his lawyers told her he raised in one of his several military court appearances. "They told him bad words about me. They said 'your wife is not pure'. They told him 'now you have been arrested she is free to do anything.'" She says he told the military court that one interrogator later admitted to him: "We know you love your wife and that she loves you. That's why we said things against her."

Mrs Adnan, who said that her husband had repeatedly declared that "my honour is more precious than food", added that her only hope now is that Israel will decide "to whiten its face in the world by releasing him".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/khader-adnan-the-west-banks-...

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: The Palestinian Gandhi?
Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 11:36am

If he were to die as a result of this hunger strike, would he have committed a sin?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 12:05pm

In my personal opinion, obviously not. Was Mohamed Boazizi committing a sin when he self-immolated?

It's difficult to say what the general Islamic ruling would be. I know he is regarded as a hero in most of the Muslim world.

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 2:21pm

freediver wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 11:36am:
If he were to die as a result of this hunger strike, would he have committed a sin?

Not necessarily. If Israeli oppression drove someone to the point of losing their mind then they would not be considered sinful.

Stuidies have shown that indefinite detention of asylum seekers has caused mental illness in detainees.

The conditions in Israeli prisons are much worse than in Australia or Nauru, and Israelis are notorious torturers.

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #4 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 3:41pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 10:33am:
Today, Khader Adnan will begin the 63rd day of his hunger strike. Bobby Sands died on day 66 of his own protest. Adnan has not been charged with any crime, but is being held in 'administrative detention'.

Quote:
The 33-year-old Palestinian was taken from his home in Arrabeh village near Jenin in the occupied West Bank at 3:30am on December 17. One day later he began his hunger strike to protest against the "humiliation and policy of administrative detention". Adnan, like hundreds of other Palestinians, was arrested under a military order that Israel has named "administrative detention", which allows prisoners to be held without charge or trial for periods of up to six months, spells that can be renewed indefinitely.

Quote:

Mr Adnan's family insists that he has never been involved in violence; nor has he been charged with it..............

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/khader-adnan-the-west-banks-...

"Mr Adnan's family insists that he has never been involved in violence...."

Everything, which a good moslem does is 'lawful'.

A good moslem never, ever, commits a 'crime'.

Because moslem violence, engaging in 'Jihad operations', and killing enemies of Allah, are given 'lawful' sanction of ISLAM.

Google;
Khader Adnan, a leader of the Palestinian group "Islamic Jihad"

Google;
"Islamic Jihad", ideology of violence

Khader Adnan runs with 'wolves', but it is wrong to characterise Khader Adnan as a 'wolf'.
/sarc off

If Khader Adnan is an innocent man, is his 'nation' frightened for him to die as a TRUE martyr ?

Surely if Khader Adnan is an innocent man [and should he die], God will accept him ?

Don't moslems really believe that ?

All of these English words have been debased [corrupted] in their use, by moslems;

martyr - - a moslem who sacrifices his own life so as to kill the greatest number of non-believers possible
crime - - resisting Allah's will
innocent - - all moslems
lawful - - all things which are permitted by Sharia law
guilty - - the state of a person rejecting ISLAM
peace - - the state experienced, in accepting ISLAM
terrorism - - those who resist dawa

Islam is a lie, and truth is killing it.

Dictionary;
martyr = = a person who is killed, murdered, because of their religious or other beliefs.

+++

ISLAMIC 'holy' texts declare that Allah despises those men, those moslems, who refuse to embrace WARFARE, in his 'cause'...

"O ye who believe! what is the matter with you, that, when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of Allah, ye cling heavily to the earth? Do ye prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the Hereafter.
Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place; but Him ye would not harm in the least. For Allah hath power over all things."
Koran 9.38, 39

and,
"Allah's Apostle was asked, "What is the best deed?" He replied, "To believe in Allah and His Apostle (Muhammad). The questioner then asked, "What is the next (in goodness)? He replied, "To participate in Jihad (religious fighting) in Allah's Cause." "
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #001.002.026

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 4:18pm

Yadda wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 3:41pm:

Actually, Christianity is a blasphemous polytheistic lie against God. God does not have children. Yet the Christian blasphemers continue to insist that people should worship "God's son". However there is no mention of Old Testament prophets worshipping Jesus.

Jesus worshippors are blasphemors!

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #6 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 5:06pm

falah wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 4:18pm:
Yadda wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 3:41pm:

Actually, Christianity is a blasphemous polytheistic lie against God. God does not have children. Yet the Christian blasphemers continue to insist that people should worship "God's son". However there is no mention of Old Testament prophets worshipping Jesus.

Jesus worshippors are blasphemors!

falah,

That is your erroneous opinion.

And you are entitled to it.

+++

falah, here is more of your error, and in this particular example [link below], it was easy to expose as error......

Bible verses you like
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1214199336/254#254

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 8:00pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 12:05pm:
It's difficult to say what the general Islamic ruling would be. 

Make that you motto.

Alos Abu, galah, lestat and the rest of you 1.3 billion confused ones: It's hard for you to know what to think until someone tells you.

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #8 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 8:04pm

Quote:

He has been arrested before and never charged with a violent crime - can you prove that is wrong?  He has not been charged with anything at all now. Are you comfortable with that?

Amnesty and HRW have both called for his immediate release. Do they support terrorists?

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 8:27pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 8:04pm:
Quote:

He has been arrested before and never charged with a violent crime - can you prove that is wrong?  He has not been charged with anything at all now. Are you comfortable with that?

Amnesty and HRW have both called for his immediate release. Do they support terrorists?

Abu Qatada is an evil bastard but he hasn't been charged with anything in the UK.

These buggers exploit the Western sense of fair play and the rule of law in a way that they themselves would never, ever, apply if the slipper was on the other foot.

Abu Qatada has been detained for many years. And I am very comfortable with that. We don't want to be Pharisees, do we, stuck on the black letter of the law. We must consider the circumstances, no?

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #10 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 8:38pm

Cute. You act like you still expect me to acknowledge and seriously consider anything you write.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 8:48pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 8:38pm:
Cute. You act like you still expect me to acknowledge and seriously consider anything you write.

You married a Leb. You converted to Islam, then left Islam. You still suck up to Islamists in the most cringeworthy manner. You listen to a great variety of inane pop music. 

Of course you will ignore me. You have ignored every sensible advice in all your life. You are not going to change that on an internet forum.

Ignore away. Be true to yourself.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #12 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 9:11pm

Quote:

Annie,

As i noted in my post above.....

Yadda....
Quote:

Khader Adnan runs with 'wolves', but it is wrong to characterise Khader Adnan as a 'wolf'.
/sarc off

Annie,

If Khader Adnan runs with 'wolves', but is not a 'wolf' himself, then tell me what sort of 'creature' is he, that he is able to move safely among wolves ?

IMO, yes.

IMO, Amnesty and HRW, like the UNHRC, are all corrupted, and corrupt agencies.

They have all been infiltrated by ISLAMISTs, and have become corrupt apologists for ISLAMIC extremists, imo.

All you need do, is look at a list of those who are the principle members of these agencies.

Google;
human rights abuse, unhcr members, China, Libya, Sudan, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Zimbabwe, Cuba

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 9:15pm

Soren wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 8:27pm:
Abu Qatada is an evil bastard but he hasn't been charged with anything in the UK.

If he is so evil, how come he has not been charged by UK police?

Because he doesn't rape kids like a priest or traffic human organs like a rabbi.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 9:23pm

falah wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 9:15pm:
Soren wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 8:27pm:

If he is so evil, how come he has not been charged by UK police?

Because he doesn't rape kids like a priest or traffic human organs like a rabbi.

No.
Because you exploit a legal system.
Under comparable circumstances, if such a bastard was in your powers, you would have cut his throat 7 years ago. In public.
But you buggers are exploiting our scruples.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print