Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
Immigrants from different cultures (Read 16289 times)
falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Immigrants from different cultures
Reply #30 - Apr 19th, 2012 at 6:54pm

Beverley Hammett, 26, was 19 years old when she was the victim of a nitric acid attack at Susan Humphrey's house, where she was babysitting. The attack was actually meant for Susan, and had been planned by her ex-husband, Peter Humphrey. Beverley has had 15 operations and works in childcare in Devon.

One summer's night, I was coming to the end of an evening's babysitting for the children of a woman named Susan Humphrey. I heard the garden gate, but didn't hear anyone let themselves in at the front door. It struck me as strange, but I thought perhaps Susan had forgotten her keys and didn't want to risk waking the children by knocking on the door. I went to the door and opened it a crack to look out and see who it was. I felt slightly daft for being so cautious, but then the door flew open. There was the sound of breaking glass and then the acid hit me in the face. Apparently, I screamed, but I don't remember that. I fell to the floor and had no idea what was going on. I thought the intruder was a burglar, and he would just step over me to take the video, but he left...

...Peter Humphrey, Susan's ex-husband, was charged with ordering an acid attack against her. I just can't understand how someone could do something like that, but she must have somehow known what he was capable of. Humphrey was found guilty of aiding and abetting, counselling or procuring someone unknown to cause grievious bodily harm to me with intent to cause GBH to Mrs Humphrey. When he was sentenced to 12 years, I felt justice had been done, but the attacker has never been caught...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theobserver/2003/aug/03/features.magazine97

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Apr 19th, 2012 at 7:10pm

Another Christian crazy:

Los Angeles Police Looking for Man Behind Acid Attack

Police are seeking a man they say tortured, raped and poured battery acid on the face of his girlfriend during a Halloween attack in South Los Angeles.

Police said Wednesday that 30-year-old Miguel Herrera got into a heated argument after the woman showed up late at his apartment.

Police say he punched the woman, cut her with a knife, whipped her with an electrical cord, poured acid on her face and raped her before allowing her to leave.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2009/11/11/los-angeles-police-looking-man-acid-attack/

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

Avram Horowitz
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #32 - Apr 19th, 2012 at 7:22pm

In the Muslim world -

+ Women must walk behind the husband
+ Women are married by their parents to their suitors
+ Women can often not be allowed to go to university or take jobs reserved for men
+ Women have much less voting rights than men

The Muslim world is one of the most sexist places in the world and women suffer terribly with lack of rights in the Arab world.

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #33 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 7:12am

The common denominator? Men and their brutality. It doesn't seem to matter what religion or ethnic group they belong to.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #34 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 8:58am

People are capable of some despicable acts.

Quote:
Jailed for life: Ex-boyfriend Daniel Lynch

Sounds like a Christian name though doesn't it?

Do Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris  and Sagan sound like Christian names too? Do you think Rushdie is a Muslim name? What about Tariq Ali?

I know you're on the receiving end, but you're grasping at straws.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #35 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:29am

Annie Anthrax wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 7:12am:
The common denominator? Men and their brutality. It doesn't seem to matter what religion or ethnic group they belong to.

Oh?  It doesn't "seem" that way eh? 

Quote:
The video's spread has forced South Africa to confront its staggering incidence of rape. More than 56,000 cases were reported to police last year.

But the crime is often under-reported, like the case of the 17-year-old. A 2009 study by the government's Medical Research Council revealed that only one in 25 rapes were reported to the police.

The same survey found more than one quarter of South African men admitted to raping a woman or girl.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/gang-rape-video-goes-viral-shocking-south-africa-181759...

Quote:
New figures paint an alarming picture of Aboriginal domestic violence, with indigenous offenders responsible for 46 per cent of all reported domestic assaults in WA this year.

The figures, compiled by WA Police, also show that indigenous offenders were responsible for 175, or 16 per cent, of the 1078 sexual assaults committed between January and August this year.

Of 162 sexual assaults committed by children aged 10 to 17 over the same period, 34 per cent were committed by Aboriginal youths.

Aboriginal people make up less than 3 per cent of WA's population.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/10400767/shocking-toll-of-violence...

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #36 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:38am

I was quite obviously talking about the cases of spousal abuse and domestic violence referred to in this thread.

Men are overwhelmingly the abusers in cases of spousal and sexual violence in any culture. Surely you're not arguing against that?

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #37 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:47am

Annie Anthrax wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:38am:
I was quite obviously talking about the cases of spousal abuse and domestic violence referred to in this thread.

Men are overwhelmingly the abusers in cases of spousal and sexual violence in any culture. Surely you're not arguing against that?

10 years or so ago, I would have agreed.  But that was before the radical femos had "elastcised" the defintion of abuse to inlcude anything right down to raising your voice, or not giving money to a women for her to get her hair and nails done.  Unfortunately for the femos, these broad defintions catch a fair few women too.

Quote:
About two in five of all victims of domestic violence are men, contradicting the widespread impression that it is almost always women who are left battered and bruised, a new report claims.

Men assaulted by their partners are often ignored by police, see their attacker go free and have far fewer refuges to flee to than women, says a study by the men's rights campaign group Parity.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/sep/05/men-victims-domestic-violence

But they should probably just "man up" eh?

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #38 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:50am

unfortunately Annie, I have to agree with you.

Most physical violence comes from men.
it's awful being a man and having to say that, but that is the facts of it.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #39 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:52am

Quote:

No. If men feel they are in danger from their partners, of course they should seek and receive help.

Quote:
.  But that was before the radical femos had "elastcised" the defintion of abuse to inlcude anything right down to raising your voice, or not giving money to a women for her to get her hair and nails done.  .

Common sense would suggest that neither of these things are abusive. They're certainly not against the law, are they? It's up to each individual in a relationship to decided what they think is acceptable behaviour from their partner when no laws have been broken (and in some cases, even when they have).

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #40 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:54am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:50am:

I don't mean to suggest that all men are violent, by any means. Just that, like you say, most acts of physical violence are instigated and carried out by men.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #41 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:57am

Annie Anthrax wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:52am:
Quote:

No. If men feel they are in danger from their partners, of course they should seek and receive help.

But where would they get such help?  refuges do not even allow men to enter their doors. 

Quote:
.  But that was before the radical femos had "elastcised" the defintion of abuse to inlcude anything right down to raising your voice, or not giving money to a women for her to get her hair and nails done.  .

Quote:
Common sense would suggest that neither of these things are abusive. They're certainly not against the law, are they? It's up to the each individual in a relationship to decided what they think is acceptable behaviour from their partner when no laws have been broken (and in some cases, even when they have).

Common sense would indeed.  But common sense is in short supply within the radical feminist movement.  Remember that these are the stats your "facts" about female O-pression are based on.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #42 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:02am

Annie Anthrax wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:54am:

I don't mean to suggest that all men are violent, by any means. Just that, like you say, most acts of physical violence are instigated and carried out by men.

Of course Physical violence is more the domain of men.  The physical has always been the males main source of a mans power, closely linked with status, while the females comes from her pussy. 
Look at the pattterns in nature - males fight each other, with the female sitting back watching proceedings, ready to spread her legs to the victor.  Rape is not very common at all under that dynamic.  But remove the approved outlets for male physicality, as has been progressively implemented, and who knows where, how and against whom it will be released.  But one thing is for sure - it WILL be released somehow.  As I've said many times before, what's bad for men, is bad for everyone, and vice versa. 

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #43 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:04am

Annie Anthrax wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:54am:

there is more violence from men against other men than from men against women.

More violence comes from men than from women.
and much more often women are abused by men than men by women.

So, it's just unfair against women.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #44 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:05am

... wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:57am:
Annie Anthrax wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:52am:
Quote:

But where would they get such help?  refuges do not even allow men to enter their doors. 

Quote:

Quote:
Common sense would suggest that neither of these things are abusive. They're certainly not against the law, are they? It's up to the each individual in a relationship to decided what they think is acceptable behaviour from their partner when no laws have been broken (and in some cases, even when they have).

Common sense would indeed.  But common sense is in short supply within the radical feminist movement.  Remember that these are the stats your "facts" about female O-pression are based on.

I'm not sure what your point is, Wesley. If you believe men are treated unfairly, why not get into some advocacy work and try to be the catalyst for some change?

Do you really expect women to do it for you?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print