Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Immigrants from different cultures (Read 16262 times)
falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Immigrants from different cultures
Reply #60 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:35am

Annie Anthrax wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:32am:
falah wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:30am:
Annie Anthrax wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:24am:
Falah, your copying and pasting is beyond irritating. Can't you just post a normal opinion like everyone else?

Opinions are not worth much in my opinion.

Oh my goodness. I hope that wasn't a sense of humour.

It was. But I changed my mind, and amended the post to try and educate you a bit.

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #61 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:36am

Falah, your copying and pasting is beyond irritating. Can't you just post a normal opinion like everyone else?

Opinions are not worth much in my opinion - unless they come from recognised experts in their field.

Just about everybody here is a layman -although some claim to have military experience.

My qualifications are BA (hons) in history. But I don't expect you to take that as evidence for anything. Most of the stuff written on this forum is worthless unless backed up by evidence.

I thought you had a degree in arabic? 

Ohhh no the story is unravelliiiiiiiiing....

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #62 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:39am

falah wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:35am:
Annie Anthrax wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:32am:

Opinions are not worth much in my opinion.

Oh my goodness. I hope that wasn't a sense of humour.

It was. But I changed my mind, and amended the post to try and educate you a bit.

I'm going to ignore the patronising attitude just this once.

You should let your humanity shine through more often - it's definitely a win over the frantic shovelling of news stories.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

Avram Horowitz
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #63 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:42am

Annie Anthrax wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:29am:
For the most part, it's a disgrace.

But it's not just the Islamic Arab world that has a shocking track record regarding women's rights, is it? There are plenty places in non-Islamic Asia and Africa where women are treated like crap too.

Israel too, going by what Falah just posted.

In Israel annie, there were 4 girls in my army unit.
They were treat the same as the men and i must say better shot at the target than me!

In Arab world - they are not allowed in army, not allowed to study same as men, is told what to wear but men can wear what they like, must walk behind husband, marry off to men they do not know (sometimes aged 8 year old).

It is very very different.

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #64 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:56am

Opinions are not worth much in my opinion - unless they come from recognised experts in their field.

Just about everybody here is a layman -although some claim to have military experience.

My qualifications are BA (hons) in history. But I don't expect you to take that as evidence for anything. Most of the stuff written on this forum is worthless unless backed up by evidence.

Your BA ought to have given you skills in critical thinking. I mean, news articles written by journalists as a credible source? Surely your lecturers and tutors taught you to critically analyze texts rather than just posting rubbish that supports your already held viewpoint?

Usually when asks to justify your points of view you disappear. It appears you learnt little at uni.

I rarely talk about my qualifications online as I don't believe it adds to the debate in any way, but mine top yours.

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 3:14pm

... wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:36am:

You obviously do not have much knowledge of university degrees.

I have major in Arabic and a major in history. My honours thesis was history-based.

If you knew anything about university degrees, you would know that an undergraduate degree can be comprised of more than one major.

IP Logged

Avram Horowitz
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #66 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 3:16pm

This degree in Arabic will explain your bias.

IP Logged

darkhall67
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 3:18pm

Avram Horowitz wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 3:16pm:
This degree in Arabic will explain your bias.

What explains yours?

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #68 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 3:21pm

falah wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 3:14pm:

I have major in Arabic and a major in history. My honours thesis was history-based.

If you knew anything about university degrees, you would know that an undergraduate degree can be comprised of more than one major.

If you knew anything about university degrees, you would know that a major is not a degree.

falah wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 4:25pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 2:33pm:
Do you expect us to believe Pickthal-Yusef Ali-Shakir-Muhsin Khan -etc all got the translation wrong with every verse and you with Arabic as a second language are the only one to get it right?

Do you realise that all the translators that you mention also have Arabic as a second language? Those translators are Anglish, Afghani and Indians. Do you think that somehow because I am Australian, I could not learn Arabic as well or better than them? Sad to see that you have such a poor opinion of Australians.

I have a university degree in Arabic, they do not. I am an English native-speaker, only Pickthall can lay also lay claim to that.

Of all the tranlsaters you mentioned, non have Arabic as their first language, none have university degrees in Arabic. Only Pickthall has English as his first language.

Therefore, I am just as qualified, if not more so, than any of the translators you mentioned.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?action=post;num=1331686670;virboard=;quot...

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 5:32pm

... wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 3:21pm:
falah wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 3:14pm:

If you knew anything about university degrees, you would know that a major is not a degree.

A major is part of the degree.

I actually started my degree as double degree (Arabic & Business) I dropped the business degree in my second year continuing with the Arabic and took up history with the Arabic.

I enjoyed doing the history major so much that at the end I decided to do honours in history.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #70 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 5:54pm

falah wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 5:32pm:
I enjoyed doing the history major so much that at the end I decided to do honours in history.

What was your thesis on?

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #71 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 6:14pm

Arabic and business.

Well they're just a natural fit aren't they.  2 peas in a pod.

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 7:04pm

... wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 6:14pm:
Arabic and business.

Australian trade to Arab speaking countries in 2008 = $15 billion (3.3% of Australia's international trade)

http://www.dfat.gov.au/publications/stats-pubs/Trade-Africa-Middle-East.pdf  (p.18)
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2012 at 7:29pm by falah »  

IP Logged

blackadder
Gold Member

Reply #73 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 8:03pm

My qualifications are BA (hons) in history. But I don't expect you to take that as evidence for anything.

Ah the lowly BA...........My dog has a BA (hons) in arse sniffing.

Most of the stuff written on this forum is worthless unless backed up by evidence.

Here is a hint Galah, if you don't like it piss off.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

IP Logged

Avram Horowitz
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #74 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 8:07pm

falah wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 7:04pm:
... wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 6:14pm:
Arabic and business.

Australian trade to Arab speaking countries in 2008 = $15 billion (3.3% of Australia's international trade)

http://www.dfat.gov.au/publications/stats-pubs/Trade-Africa-Middle-East.pdf  (p.18)

Arab business

1. Dig oil
2. Sell oil

End.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print