Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
According to Herald Sun Journos..... (Read 7007 times)
GoddyofOz
Gold Member

Vote 1 for Sex, cause
you're gay if you don't

According to Herald Sun Journos.....
May 4th, 2012 at 4:31pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/afl-should-cop-blame-for-sam-newmans-outrageous-bong-stunt/story-e6frfhqf-1226346545389

Weed is "performance enhancing".

What an absolute bugger.

"A Conservative is a man who just sits and thinks, mostly just sits." - Woodrow Wilson.

True Patriotism is serving your country all the time, and serving your Politicians when they deserve it.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Re: According to Herald Sun Journos.....
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2012 at 7:35pm

funny isn't it Goddy?

Ludicrous really. 

Althoooooooooo.... there are definitely circumstances where it does assist one.
Having never played elite sports, I'm unable to comment further.  Smiley Smiley,

live every day

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #2 - May 6th, 2012 at 3:25am

I'm not so sure that Newman was mocking the AFL in the sense that has been reported here.

I would tend to think that he was mocking the tangled web that they weave for putting substance on the banned list in the first place.
Sort of like: Oh, now that the AFL states it's OK, then we should all pack a bong.

Any idiot who came down in the last shower would know that marijuana cannot be a performance enhancing drug ..not in the physical sense anyway.

Now that the "dictatorial" AFL states that it's OK to use marijuana, many drone kids who worship the farts from their bum might want to give it a go.

Why doesn't the AFL just stick to governing their own particular sport and stop trying to be the aspiration for general society?

They have no place there, and politicians have no place wheeling and dealing with them as if they are some sort of political seat to be won.

We need a separation of sport and politics now like we need a separation of church and state.i
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2012 at 3:38am by Amadd »  

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #3 - May 6th, 2012 at 11:23pm

You sound like a Qlder Amadd Smiley
Sportiness is next to Godliness.!! Smiley

I only caught the 'headlines' and a bit of inanity on the Project on 10.  What can I say??  I don't own a digital Teev yet.

Newman mocks everyone... nevertheless it was probably a laugh.. my comment wasn't about that, but about the many ways in which Pot smoking is 'held' in Oz today. Different strokes for different folks.
Not a cliche I necessarily like, ...but one which in general, ought to apply.

live every day

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #4 - May 8th, 2012 at 9:50am

Yes, pot is a fearful beast in this society. Mainly because it thwarts the requirement to play the game I reckon.

I contend that even that fear is unfounded. Most people will give up the hooch for the lack of motivation it inspires without any instruction from anybody else.

Those who continue on with it, and who might remain a slight drain on economic production, may well be doing us and themselves a favor.
They may also have something to add in a different realm which is not readily apparent.

It's not for us to judge, .. states a verse in the precursor to our current system of law.

IP Logged

djrbfm

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - May 30th, 2012 at 8:41pm

OK.
we all know australia is backward.
to see the real picture, we must look at the rest of the world.
i'm counting every day an increase in the promotion of seed banks.
i believe it is only the start.
i have no pro or con opinion about this, except that i truly believe we, the ppl, should be able to make our own choices as to bad or good.
BUT we must have access to judge.
j.

IP Logged

djrbfm

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - May 30th, 2012 at 8:44pm

Amadd wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 9:50am:
Yes, pot is a fearful beast in this society. Mainly because it thwarts the requirement to play the game I reckon.

I contend that even that fear is unfounded. Most people will give up the hooch for the lack of motivation it inspires without any instruction from anybody else.

Those who continue on with it, and who might remain a slight drain on economic production, may well be doing us and themselves a favor.
They may also have something to add in a different realm which is not readily apparent.

It's not for us to judge, .. states a verse in the precursor to our current system of law.

lack of motivation?
that's funny.
lack of motivation is not determined by a drug.
it's genetic.
and in australia endemic.
remember, this place is run by loosers, so what do you expect?
an einstein from here?
j.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #7 - May 30th, 2012 at 9:33pm

There are 'mutations ' popping up everyday, so I don't see why it couldn't happen here.
Smiley.

live every day

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #8 - May 31st, 2012 at 7:42am

djrbfm wrote on May 30th, 2012 at 8:44pm:
Amadd wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 9:50am:

lack of motivation?
that's funny.
lack of motivation is not determined by a drug.
it's genetic.
and in australia endemic.
remember, this place is run by loosers, so what do you expect?
an einstein from here?
j.

"Loosers"?
We are far from it. It was once a badge of honor to consider ourselves a laid back nation.
Have a look around the world...we are definitely not a relatively laid back nation.

We may be losers to the extent that we disregard 000's of years of realistic teachings, but we are by no means a loose nation.

We are a lucky nation in regards to resources and the inherent wealth of the land, but I fear that we are part of a doomed social experiment in the long run.

I agree with you that a lack of motivation is not to do with a "drug". So why blame the drug?

The lack of motivation is due to the lack of a motivational source.
If it happens to be that a "drug" may provide a motivation, then that's better than nothing.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #9 - May 31st, 2012 at 7:13pm

[we are by no means a loose nation.

We are a lucky nation in regards to resources and the inherent wealth of the land, but I fear that we are part of a doomed social experiment in the long run.

I agree with you that a lack of motivation is not to do with a "drug". So why blame the drug?

The lack of motivation is due to the lack of a motivational source.
If it happens to be that a "drug" may provide a motivation, then that's better than nothing.

[/quote]

Yeah I'd have to say drug use is a sympton, not a cause. At least with respect to the efficacy of your proposed doomed 'social experiment' Amadd.
I agree with you ....

Perceived harm from drug use rests almost entirely with the way our lawmakers have chosen to approach this 'symptom' of social dysfunction.! Sad but TRUE.!!

live every day

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #10 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 10:41am

Yeah, and who has the power to dictate that one is dysfunctional?
Those with a dysfunction far greater than your own...that's who.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #11 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 7:25pm

quite so my friend.! Huh Cool

Makes no sense to me whatever, that we are so tied up with 'don'ts'  written into Law..

Here in QLD we even had an article in the Sunday Mail..... that's the Sun Ed of the Courier Mail... Queenslands ONLY State-wide News publication ( and if that's not scandalous what is?)  ... yeah.. an article telling us all that we are banned from E- Cigarettes.!!

Heard of them?  They are reported to me to be an excellent way of decreasing tobacco consumption.!!  They do not contain tobacco... but they do provide 'nicotine'. So you DON'T get all the tar, and other crap material that comes from tobacco products.

In NZ you can buy them everywhere practically, and in other states of Aus.
The article itself wasn't very informative..just that QLD Health only authorise as legal , Nicobate type patches, and CIGARETTES.!! 
All other 'products' are deemed poison.!!!!    HOW F'KD IS THAT. ?? Angry

live every day

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #12 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 3:46am

Glad that you aren't dictated to by the inconsequential media.
They have no right to interfere, and definitely no right to be considered a part of democratic opinion.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #13 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 4:00am

Quote:
The article itself wasn't very informative..just that QLD Health only authorise as legal , Nicobate type patches, and CIGARETTES.!!
All other 'products' are deemed poison.!!!!

And have you seen how much the patches and gum costs? A bit discouraging for those who want to quit.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #14 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 5:59pm

Habitrol gum can be purchased very cheap from NZ and patches are very cheap on Ebay.
The cheapest patches are from China where you can buy 60 for around $20.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print