Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Send Topic Print
The glorious aboriginal muslim victory over whitey (Read 62899 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Representations of Muslims in Aust Pop Culture
Reply #15 - May 28th, 2012 at 11:44pm

Exactly. I know of at least one honourary diploma from the School of Pakistani Studies.

The old boy has earned every bit of it.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #16 - May 29th, 2012 at 11:26am

Quote:
The thesis in its entirety demonstrates how interaction with Muslims saved the Arnhem Land Aboriginies from being genocided by European Christians like what happedned everywhere else in Australia.
- Dear me, genocide everywhere but Arnhem land, due to learning??? something from muslims.
That must be one mighty impressive thesis.
I wonder if the good doctor placed any probability on the fact that europeans  of the 18th and 19th centuries would have considered arnhem land pretty worthless, so would not have cared who lived there?

I really hate made up history, where people take incredibly minor events and try to attach an importance to them that just never existed.
Cameleers??, yep no doubt about it, without them we would all be living under some rock.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #17 - May 29th, 2012 at 11:27am

lol, exactly. if i have to hear about those afghan cameleers one more time i will feel compelled to rip out my own spleen with a complementary kentucky fried chicken plastic fork.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #18 - May 29th, 2012 at 11:32am

Mattyfisk wrote on May 28th, 2012 at 11:44pm:
Exactly. I know of at least one honourary diploma from the School of Pakistani Studies.

Hey, PB, you are the Paki Bvgger with the cravat and the gold tooth from Bradford Poly's School of Post-colonian studies (marxist-leninist). Remember? 

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - May 29th, 2012 at 11:52am

Soren wrote on May 29th, 2012 at 11:32am:

Hey, PB, you are the Paki Bvgger with the cravat and the gold tooth from Bradford Poly's School of Post-colonian studies (marxist-leninist). Remember? 

Exactly. And as faculty head, it was my privilege to award you with this marvellous honour.

Recipients are normally required to be tinted, but the faculty made an exception in your case.

We do not give out honourary diplomas in Pakistani Logic to just anyone.

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - May 29th, 2012 at 12:12pm

mozzaok wrote on May 29th, 2012 at 11:26am:
Quote:
The thesis in its entirety demonstrates how interaction with Muslims saved the Arnhem Land Aboriginies from being genocided by European Christians like what happened everywhere else in Australia.
- Dear me, genocide everywhere but Arnhem land, due to learning??? something from muslims.
That must be one mighty impressive thesis.
I wonder if the good doctor placed any probability on the fact that europeans  of the 18th and 19th centuries would have considered arnhem land pretty worthless, so would not have cared who lived there?

Really? Why were the Aborigines in West Arnhem Land virtually wiped out, and  those who lived in the areas contacted by Muslims in  East Arnhem land able to resist genocide and dispossession of their lands?

I have been to Arnhem Land, and can tell you that is fertile land.

The fact is that the fertile coastal areas still in Aboriginal hands today correspond to where contact with Muslim Macassan traders were strongest. We know where the Macassan traders had their camps due to recordings of European explorers and settler, anecdoatal evidence from Indigenous Australians, and archaeological evidence found at these camps.

In fact there is evidence to suggest that large previously nomadic Indigenous communities began settling permanently in coastal areas due to their trade with Muslim Macassans.

My thesis covers these topics.

Orange is Aboriginal Land

Christian Europeans made many attempts to turn Arnhem Land into cattle stations. One of the most ambitious of these ventures was initiated by a Melbourne-based syndicate, the Eastern and African Cold Storage Supply Company, which leased land in 1899 and in 1903 decided to attempt a pastoral venture. The lease was vast, covering the whole of North East Arnhem Land or 51 800 square kilometres. This lease took over some of those abandoned late in the nineteenth century to the north of the Roper River. However, this lease also failed and was abandoned within five years. Several accounts of large scale massacres of Aboriginal people and atrocities have been recorded by historians as occurring during the tenure of the company in the area (Dewar 1985). It seems likely that these pastoralists faced increasing hostility from local Aboriginal people, and this forced them to abandon the enterprise.

« Last Edit: May 29th, 2012 at 12:26pm by falah »  

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #21 - May 29th, 2012 at 12:21pm

Mattyfisk wrote on May 29th, 2012 at 11:52am:
Soren wrote on May 29th, 2012 at 11:32am:

Exactly. And as faculty head, it was my privilege to award you with this marvellous honour.

Recipients are normally required to be tinted, but the faculty made an exception in your case.

We do not give out honourary diplomas in Pakistani Logic to just anyone.

Thanks.

It still hasn't arrived, though. Did you use Paki Post?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - May 29th, 2012 at 1:04pm

Er, yes. I believe the Bradford Post Office has been outsourced to Pakistan - part of British Post's anti-modernisation/Islamicisation project.

Sorry. It might take some time.
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2012 at 1:54pm by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #23 - May 29th, 2012 at 6:31pm

Quote:

I hope you are not suggesting it was you who wrote that thesis, because you have failed to grasp even the most basic concepts presented to you in this thread. It is not the fertility in terms of biological diversity or biomass that is relevant here, but the productivity for european farming methods. The european immigrants did not have much use for 'fertile' tropical swamps, which is why even today there are hardly any white people up there. The wheat belts are a great example of the land that was actually useful.

Quote:
Several accounts of large scale massacres of Aboriginal people and atrocities have been recorded by historians as occurring during the tenure of the company in the area (Dewar 1985). It seems likely that these pastoralists faced increasing hostility from local Aboriginal people, and this forced them to abandon

Yeah, must be tough massacring people. Lucky the Aborigines had Islam to teach them how to turn a massacre into a glorious victory merely by discarding facts.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - May 31st, 2012 at 9:21am

freediver wrote on May 29th, 2012 at 6:31pm:
Quote:

I hope you are not suggesting it was you who wrote that thesis, because you have failed to grasp even the most basic concepts presented to you in this thread. It is not the fertility in terms of biological diversity or biomass that is relevant here, but the productivity for european farming methods. The european immigrants did not have much use for 'fertile' tropical swamps, which is why even today there are hardly any white people up there. The wheat belts are a great example of the land that was actually useful.

Stop exposing your ignorance Freeliar. Only about 1% of Arnhem Land's 97,000 square kilometres are swamps.

If we compare similar areas in Australia's north, the Aborigines have been removed from the land, and white farmers have taken over the land. I have travelled around the Top End and seen that there are plenty of farms in the fertile coastal regions. Even in areas that borderline desert in the Northern Territory are being used by graziers. Arnhem Land is much greener and fertile than the areas to the south where there are lots of white farmers.

Quote:
Several accounts of large scale massacres of Aboriginal people and atrocities have been recorded by historians as occurring during the tenure of the company in the area (Dewar 1985). It seems likely that these pastoralists faced increasing hostility from local Aboriginal people, and this forced them to abandon

Yeah, must be tough massacring people. Lucky the Aborigines had Islam to teach them how to turn a massacre into a glorious victory merely by discarding facts. [/quote]

The fact is that the Yolngu learnt from these massacres and mounted successful guerilla warfare in Arnhem Land against pastoral invaders and Japanese fishers who trangressed against them.

The Macassan traders sold guns to the Yolngu and warned them about the White Christian invaders. Even today the Yolngu people use the Indonesian word "Balander" for white man.

The Yolngu had seen white Dutch in their travels to Indonesia. They had been told to be wary of the whites, and knew they needed to resist them, and they knew how to deal with them.

The is in contrast to Aborigines in the south of Australia who thought that white people were ghosts. There are accounts of Aborigines literally shitting themselves upon seeing white people for the first time in Tasmania.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #25 - May 31st, 2012 at 5:11pm

bobbythefap1 wrote on May 27th, 2012 at 3:53pm:
Imagine how you would represent soren.
A man(questionable) with small genitals, bold hair and a 700ft carrot up his ass.
Also uneducated, ignorant and unable to answer questions, accept reality and incorporate facts and evidence which would make dialogue fairly hard

We've done this already, skuppy.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #26 - May 31st, 2012 at 6:29pm

Quote:
I have travelled around the Top End and seen that there are plenty of farms in the fertile coastal regions. Even in areas that borderline desert in the Northern Territory are being used by graziers.

This doesn't mean the land is suitable for european farming methods. There have also been plenty of failures, for economic reasons - nothing to do with violent Muslim influenced aborigines. Do you think it is militant aborigines that have kept Darwin's population to only 130 thousand? Or might it be the fact that immigrants don't really want to go there? The fact is, even when the land is virtually free up there, it is difficult to make a farm economic.

The Ord river debate revolves around this issue too. It has enourmous potential, but just difficult to realise, even with modern technology.

Did your thesis even consider the more practical side of things? or did it attempt to attribute everything to Islam like you do with other periods of History?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #27 - May 31st, 2012 at 6:40pm

freediver wrote on May 31st, 2012 at 6:29pm:
Did your thesis even consider the more practical side of things?

Gedoutatown!!!

Consider the practical side of things when Islamic ideological mileage is the sole consideration?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #28 - May 31st, 2012 at 7:09pm

Did your thesis attempt to estimate the usefulness of the land to immigrant farmers in the absence of hostile aborigines? Did it consider the more rational and obvious explanation that the remoteness and lack of interest allowed the aborigines to maintain the self image of hostility without being slaughtered?

BTW, you still have not clarified whether it actually is your thesis. I hope you are not attempting to take credit for someone else's mindless postulations.

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - May 31st, 2012 at 10:40pm

freediver wrote on May 31st, 2012 at 7:09pm:
Did your thesis attempt to estimate the usefulness of the land to immigrant farmers in the absence of hostile aborigines? Did it consider the more rational and obvious explanation that the remoteness and lack of interest allowed the aborigines to maintain the self image of hostility without being slaughtered?

BTW, you still have not clarified whether it actually is your thesis. I hope you are not attempting to take credit for someone else's mindless postulations.

Freediver, I have already posted here that attempts were made to colonise Arnhem Land in the 19th century. The most recent attempt was made by the Melbourne-based Eastern and African Cattle and Cold Storage company as late as 1903.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/12280261

This is one of the best books I have read about the war between the Yolngu people and the Eastern and African Cattle and Cold Storage company.

http://www.whywarriors.com.au/products/index.php

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Send Topic Print