Send Topic Print
Company Taxes.... (Read 223 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Company Taxes....
Jun 14th, 2012 at 6:33am

My Fellow Australians!  (has a nice ring to it!)

What think ye of the latest from Ahr Julia?

au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/13942423/gillard-puts-company-tax-rate-top-of-agend
a/

Will lowering company tax do the country any good?  Will it make companies genuinely competitive?

Now - I have a problem with this!  Company taxes are, to some degree, meant to be an off-set for the simple fact that companies and their owners receive benefits, such as tax havens for cars, loan structures, investment havens, etc (none of which that mug worker Guiseppe Blogga receives for the 'business' of running his life and family) as a cost of running a business (how **coughs** non-elitist is that?).

Therefore - and we see this every day with our high-flying bruvva and sistas here (you all know who I mean) - in order to squeeze some tax dollars out of these magnates of industry and actually get them to pay their way in some measure - we have company taxes and fees etc!

So - will not the effect of cutting company taxes yet again be to throw throw the primary tax burden back onto the shoulder of poor struggling Guissepe there (how unusual!)?

BQ (Bonus Question):  How much income tax does Ahr Gina pay on her $48m a day?

BBQ:- How much of the potential 47% tax on that $48m (if it were direct income taxed) is swallowed up in tax concessions etc - including the opportunity to claim the setting up of those same havens against tax, even the cost of presenting arguments to the Tax Man to defeat Tax Man claims?  Wanna guess?  I don't know, but I'd like to have a small idea....

BBBQ:-  Do we need a fairer tax system?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print