ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Re: Honest men's business
Reply #30 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 12:23pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 11:25am:
MissFixItOrElse wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 1:03am:
Amadd wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 12:57am:
Quote:
I don't know about any free tickets though. No one wins when a marriage breaks down ( except for the lawyers involved ).

Crapola!!
The woman who has generally never worked a hard day in her life takes half of the man's toil. QED.

She then upgrades, and has normally already found her upgrade before ending the marriage.

Capitalism has constructed it this way because it is generally the man who will do the bulk of the work for the economy.

..the man is then forced back to work until his "happy" retirement age of 67, when he is then generally lucky to be alive, let alone be able to enjoy the fruits of his capitalistic toil.

You appear to be speaking from some particular, antiquated anecdotal perspective.

These days, the contributions of BOTH parties just before entering the marriage as well as ALL contributions made during the marriage are carefully considered and weighed up. Future responsibilities as regards children and the cost of their care are also divided equally these days. Exceptional circumstances exist, but that's the case with any legal matter.

Yes, I agree with WW here. It is a quite fair system.
Some men let themselves down by violence, threats, alcohol ...... whereas most women "hold it together" better.

Very justly, if a man is threatening violence, taking drugs or drinking too much, the courts should protect the woman or children.

My mates going through a rough divorce ATM with a women who thinks exactly like the above, she wants the house, his super, maintenance & half his business.
She has even demanded the financials of his new girlfriend but is refusing to reciprocate with her new boyfriend's assets.
She will only allow access to his daughter every 2nd weekend & last holidays wouldn't allow him to see her at all.
Whats worse is there was no notice not even a phone call on the day he was supposed to pick her up at the park.
She then proceeded to make their 7 year old daughter lie to her father about her whereabouts, he knows this because he saw her when she was supposed to be somewhere else, she went bright red at seeing her father & admitted mummy made me tell you I was........

So Sprint I hope what you say is true, because his been to court once & they now must mediate (yeah right, she ain't giving nothing)

She had the affair, she asked him to leave, but has got all vindictive(you wouldn't believe some of the accusations) since he found a new women & some happiness instead of being a lonely suicidal wreck.
Luckly for him everyone that knew them as a couple has stayed with him whilst barring the over bearing witch, the most common thing he hears is "about time", we are all ready to walk onto the stand & tell the truth to support him, dispel her vindictive lies(child abuse, abandonment & threats against her) & hope the judge chucks her in the hole for perjury.

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #31 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 12:33pm

good luck to your friend smithy.

Due to other mens actions at such times, we are viewed quite suspicously, unfortunately.
That is not a legalistic thing, but a view based on what does happen at times.

If he so much as sneezes against his ex, it'll count against him.

it is a court based mediation, they are unconcerned with who left whom or unsubstantiated claims.

the less time in a court the better.

http://www.mends.com.au/ is very good.
they are not anti-women.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #32 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 12:41pm

Quote:
Obviously you dont know anything about the world lil boy.

Well, I've traveled to many parts of the world and I've seen plenty of hardships.
IMO, our nation is fairly isolated despite our easy access to information and the people are increasingly becoming soft/spoiled/selfish.

I rarely mention (online or otherwise) how much I've donated to charity organizations over the years, because it's a personal choice and one shouldn't feel obligated to do so.
IMO, it's more of a personal enlightenment thing.

Hopefully I still have many years ahead of me as a free person, cut loose from the shackles of the blinkering daily grind, to search for more of those things which are personally satisfying to myself, not to you.
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2012 at 12:52pm by Amadd »  

IP Logged

MissFixItOrElse

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 9:36pm

MissFixItOrElse wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 1:49am:
Amadd wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 1:28am:
So what price would you honestly place upon wiping a couple of snotty noses?

What price do you place on doing some washing, shopping, etc.?
I've done it for myself for years without a prob. It's easy peasy.

Is that what you sincerely think child bearing and child rearing is all about? If so, then you obviously have no idea about what you're talking about.

You also implied a few moments ago that you're past 40, which makes this discussion rather tragic. One usually finds that as we grow older we develop a keen sense of awareness. I cannot see much of this from your recent contributions. And I'm being honest.

Anyone else agree with Amadd on the issue of child bearing and rearing? Is it as simple and "easy peasy" as he claims it is? Just wondering.

IP Logged

MissFixItOrElse

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 9:40pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 11:25am:
MissFixItOrElse wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 1:03am:
Amadd wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 12:57am:
Quote:
I don't know about any free tickets though. No one wins when a marriage breaks down ( except for the lawyers involved ).

Crapola!!
The woman who has generally never worked a hard day in her life takes half of the man's toil. QED.

She then upgrades, and has normally already found her upgrade before ending the marriage.

Capitalism has constructed it this way because it is generally the man who will do the bulk of the work for the economy.

..the man is then forced back to work until his "happy" retirement age of 67, when he is then generally lucky to be alive, let alone be able to enjoy the fruits of his capitalistic toil.

You appear to be speaking from some particular, antiquated anecdotal perspective.

These days, the contributions of BOTH parties just before entering the marriage as well as ALL contributions made during the marriage are carefully considered and weighed up. Future responsibilities as regards children and the cost of their care are also divided equally these days. Exceptional circumstances exist, but that's the case with any legal matter.

Yes, I agree with WW here. It is a quite fair system.
Some men let themselves down by violence, threats, alcohol ...... whereas most women "hold it together" better.

Very justly, if a man is threatening violence, taking drugs or drinking too much, the courts should protect the woman or children.

Ah well said Sprintcyclist. And vice versa (if the woman is doing the threatening, taking drugs etc).

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #35 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 9:40pm

pretty much. I was main carer for my oldest son for a few years.  Pretty cruisy.
used to take him to the local play group, the ladies loved the cakes I made.

One of my mates lost his wife, he was only care giver for his kids for years. All went ok.

It's ........ constant work. certainly occupying.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

MissFixItOrElse

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 9:44pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 9:40pm:
One of my mates lost his wife, he was only care giver for his kids for years. All went ok.

It's ........ constant work. certainly occupying.

I think your mate is a legend. Child bearing/rearing is the hardest job in the world. Going to work Monday to Friday is much easier (and saner). It's nice getting a few breaks during the day and seeing that salary directly deposited into your bank a/c each month.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #37 - Jul 1st, 2012 at 8:53am

Quote:
Child bearing/rearing is the hardest job in the world. Going to work Monday to Friday is much easier (and saner). It's nice getting a few breaks during the day and seeing that salary directly deposited into your bank a/c each month.

Speaking from your vast array of employment experience no doubt?

I've seen some pretty lousy parents in my time, and the kids can still manage to do well for themselves.

To class raising a child as a "mode of employment" is ridiculous.
You do it because you want to, not for monetary gain.
People generally go to work to get paid, not for the love of it.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #38 - Jul 1st, 2012 at 9:08am

Amadd wrote on Jul 1st, 2012 at 8:53am:
Quote:
Child bearing/rearing is the hardest job in the world. Going to work Monday to Friday is much easier (and saner). It's nice getting a few breaks during the day and seeing that salary directly deposited into your bank a/c each month.

Speaking from your vast array of employment experience no doubt?

I've seen some pretty lousy parents in my time, and the kids can still manage to do well for themselves.

You do it because you want to, not for monetary gain.
People generally go to work to get paid, not for the love of it.

And what - pray tell - are nannies?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #39 - Jul 1st, 2012 at 9:11am

Quote:
And what - pray tell - are nannies?

What do you think they are?
People who get paid to help look after other people's kids.

What are grandparents?

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #40 - Jul 1st, 2012 at 9:17am

Quote:

Its a profession.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #41 - Jul 1st, 2012 at 9:21am

Ok, I should have clarified that to raising "your own" child.

Obviously a clarification was required.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print