Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Israeli minister warns of 30-day war with Iran (Read 6848 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Israeli minister warns of 30-day war with Iran
Aug 17th, 2012 at 8:26am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/9478044/Israeli-minister-warns-of-30-day-war-with-Iran.html

A strike on Iran’s nuclear sites would spark a 30-day war with missile attacks on Israel's cities and as many as 500 dead, according to the Israeli minister responsible for preparing home defences.

Matan Vilnai, who is stepping down as home front defence minister to become ambassador to China, said the country was “ready as never before”.

“The assessments are for a war that will last 30 days on a number of fronts,” he told the Maariv newspaper.

“It could be that there will be less fatalities, but it could be there will be more, that is the scenario that we are preparing for according to the best experts.”

Speculation is growing that Israel is planning a unilateral attack on Iran’s nuclear programme - or that it is using the question to increase pressure on Barack Obama to launch an American strike.

Israel is convinced that archenemy Iran is trying to build nuclear weapons, dismissing Tehran's claims that its nuclear programme is for civilian purposes. Israel considers nuclear-armed Iran to be a mortal danger. Iran backs anti-Israel militants with funds and weapons, and its leaders often call for Israel's destruction.

In his latest pronouncement, Iranian Supreme leader Ali Khamenei said Israel will disappear from "the scene of geography." Addressing war veterans in Tehran on Wednesday, he said Iran considers it its "religious duty to save this Islamic country (Palestine) from the clutches of the Zionist occupiers."

Israel's leaders have indicated an attack is a possibility if they conclude the international community has failed to halt the Iranian nuclear program.

Mr Vilnai did not elaborate on how he reached his assessments, but his office relies on intelligence and other assessments about Iranian weapons capabilities and Israeli susceptibility. Defense Minister Ehud Barak has also said the Israeli death toll could be in the range of 500 in such a conflict.

"Just as the citizens of Japan have to realize that they can have earthquakes, so the citizens of Israel have to realize that if they live here, they have to be prepared to expect missiles on the home front," Vilnai said. "It's not pleasant for the home front, but decisions have to be made, and we have to be ready."

At a news briefing in Washington on Tuesday, Leon Panetta, the US defence secretary, reaffirmed the US assessment that Israel has not yet decided whether to strike, while the US military chief, Gen. Martin Dempsey, echoed a widely held assessment that an Israeli operation would only set back, not destroy, Iran's nuclear project.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Avram Horowitz
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Re: Israeli minister warns of 30-day war with Iran
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 9:46am

I think a attack on Iran is possible.

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 12:45pm

its pretty obvious iran wants nukes as a bargaining chip/prevent any possibility of an invasion, given it has been ringed with bases if i was in charge of iran it's exactly the kind of policy i would have pursued as well

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 12:50pm

JC Denton wrote on Aug 18th, 2012 at 12:45pm:
its pretty obvious iran wants nukes as a bargaining chip/prevent any possibility of an invasion, given it has been ringed with bases if i was in charge of iran it's exactly the kind of policy i would have pursued as well

So you are in favour of violating the nuclear non proliferation treaty?

If you sign a treaty to get nuclear technology from the west which also forbids you from making nuclear weapons do you think you should honour this agreement?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #4 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 2:01pm

When the treaty is aimed at solidifying the military/technological hegemony of a few select countries, why not?

Any such treaty isn't worth the paper it's written on, and I suspect the powers behind it well know it. Doesn't stop them attempting to bully smaller nations into line though, if they're gullible enough to accept it.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Avram Horowitz
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #5 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 2:12pm

Ignore a signed international treaty because you don't like it?
That is very Muslim.

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #6 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 2:20pm

Avram Horowitz wrote on Aug 18th, 2012 at 2:12pm:
That is very Muslim.

As opposed to not signing the treaty and threatning other nations with your nuclear weapons?
That must be the civilised way to do it?

A day without sunshine is like night.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #7 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 2:52pm

In her coming troubles, God bless, and help Israel and her people.

Isaiah 40:1
Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.
2  Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD'S hand double for all her sins.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #8 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 2:54pm

Yadda wrote on Aug 18th, 2012 at 2:52pm:

2  Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD'S hand double for all her sins.

Funny that 'god' is also the one who got them into all this shyt.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #9 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 3:03pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Aug 18th, 2012 at 12:50pm:
JC Denton wrote on Aug 18th, 2012 at 12:45pm:

So you are in favour of violating the nuclear non proliferation treaty?

If you sign a treaty to get nuclear technology from the west which also forbids you from making nuclear weapons do you think you should honour this agreement?

[speaking with a moslem mind].....
Of course, others should honour such an agreement.
But not us moslems.

We moslems are Allah's perfect, and holy people.

Allah has told us this, in his holy Koran, so we know this.

And, you non-moslems can have every confidence, that we moslems would never use nuclear weapons irresponsibly,
....we, are moslems.

"Ye [moslems] are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah.......[and it is the 'unbelievers' who] are perverted transgressors."

Koran 3.110

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #10 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 3:07pm

Yeah yadda, your fiction book clearly proves their fiction book wrong.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #11 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 3:09pm

bobbythefap1 wrote on Aug 18th, 2012 at 2:54pm:

Funny that 'god' is also the one who got them into all this shyt.

Saul by another name,

You will find out WHO is in the 'do-do', moments after you have taken your last breath.

Cheesy

Too late then!        Grin

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #12 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 3:14pm

But dont worry about anyone else right?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #13 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 3:17pm

Avram Horowitz wrote on Aug 18th, 2012 at 2:12pm:

That is very Muslim.

Exactly so, Avram.

HISTORY teaches us that;

Moslems honor the treaty they sign.
......while-soever doing so, is in their interests.

And moslems abandon the treaty they signed.
......the moment doing so, is in their interests.

An agreement, a pact, a treaty, with a moslem entity....
....isn't worth the paper it is written on.

Google;
treaty of hudaybiyyah, tactical deceit

Google;
agreements with muslims, worthless muslim deception

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #14 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 3:28pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Aug 18th, 2012 at 3:14pm:

But dont worry about anyone else right?

SOB

SPOT,

Who ?

Why would the living God be 'worried', about liars and murderers ???

Why would the living God be 'worried', about those who refuse to repent their wickedness.

Ezekiel 35:1
Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
2  Son of man, set thy face against mount Seir, and prophesy against it,
3  And say unto it, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O mount Seir, I am against thee, and I will stretch out mine hand against thee, and I will make thee most desolate.
4  I will lay thy cities waste, and thou shalt be desolate, and thou shalt know that I am the LORD.
5  Because thou hast had a perpetual hatred, and hast shed the blood of the children of Israel by the force of the sword in the time of their calamity, in the time that their iniquity had an end:
6  Therefore, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, I will prepare thee unto blood, and blood shall pursue thee: sith thou hast not hated blood, even blood shall pursue thee.

Ezekiel 35:11
....as I live, saith the Lord GOD, I will even do according to thine anger, and according to thine envy which thou hast used out of thy hatred against them; and I will make myself known among them, when I have judged thee.
12  And thou shalt know that I am the LORD, and that I have heard all thy blasphemies which thou hast spoken against the mountains of Israel, saying, They are laid desolate, they are given us to consume.
13  Thus with your mouth ye have boasted against me, and have multiplied your words against me: I have heard them.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print