Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print
I'm a moslem. And you are not. (Read 26796 times)
Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Re: I'm a moslem. And you are not.
Reply #15 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 4:43pm

... wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 2:01pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 11:37am:
Laws of Rape   (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

SOB

It doesn't take a genius to figure out this meant something quite different in it's day to what you take from it now.

A raped woman would be considered damaged goods - not an attractive marriage prospect, doomed to struggle in life alone due to a crime committed against her.  But by forcing the rapist to marry her, it would give her a much easier life, by making the man responsible for her upkeep for life - in effect, giving back what he had taken away by his crime.  Compare the outcome to today - How does imprisoning a rapist for X years give anything back to the modern rape victim?  It punishes, but it does not even attempt to put things right.

Same as the muslims

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #16 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 4:45pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 4:43pm:

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

SOB

It doesn't take a genius to figure out this meant something quite different in it's day to what you take from it now.

A raped woman would be considered damaged goods - not an attractive marriage prospect, doomed to struggle in life alone due to a crime committed against her.  But by forcing the rapist to marry her, it would give her a much easier life, by making the man responsible for her upkeep for life - in effect, giving back what he had taken away by his crime.  Compare the outcome to today - How does imprisoning a rapist for X years give anything back to the modern rape victim?  It punishes, but it does not even attempt to put things right.

Same as the muslims

SOB

Perhaps.  Is there a similar sentiment expressed in the koran?  If so, please post it.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #17 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 4:47pm

Yadda wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 3:19pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 1:41pm:
Do you believe that a woman should marry her rapist?

SOB

No.

Do you SPOT ?

SPOT,

Can you believe that moslem men, actually have the right to rape non-moslem women, because they are, non-moslem women ?

ISLAM say's that moslem men can, 'lawfully' rape non-moslem women, any non-moslem woman who is the captive, of a of moslem man.

ISLAM has been at war with non-moslems, for 1,400 years.

http://www.barenakedislam.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/swedenrape.gif

Google;
muslim rape, sweden

Yeah yadda but the xtian bible is the same

(Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house.  But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb.  After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife.  However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

(Judges 5:30 NAB)

They must be dividing the spoils they took: there must be a damsel or two for each man, Spoils of dyed cloth as Sisera's spoil, an ornate shawl or two for me in the spoil.   (Judges 5:30 NAB)

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #18 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 4:51pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 4:47pm:
"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house.  But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb.  After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife.  However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

What is the problem here?
A woman alone would have had litle hope of survival - turning her loose would likely mean a long, slow death.  Would that be preferable?

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #19 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:17pm

Not so shocking when you think about them for a few seconds are they?

Same as the muslims

Did you come up with a quote supporting this yet?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #20 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:20pm

The problem is that Muslims like Abu and the Sydney protestors think that these ancient standards are the highest moral goals to be aimed for today - Abu for example wants rape in similar circumstances to be legalised.

Spot does not appear to recognise a distinction between what is written and what people actually think. He defines what religions are, never mind what the religious people actually believe, and he judges all religious people by what he projects onto them.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #21 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:45pm

freediver wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:20pm:
The problem is that Muslims like Abu and the Sydney protestors think that these ancient standards are the highest moral goals to be aimed for today - Abu for example wants rape in similar circumstances to be legalised.

Spot does not appear to recognise a distinction between what is written and what people actually think. He defines what religions are, never mind what the religious people actually believe, and he judges all religious people by what he projects onto them.

Nice projecting there freediver. You are the one that refuses to acknowledge that the muslims dont take their whole book literally either.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #22 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 7:55pm

Abu does, and I expect most of the 400 protestors marching behind the beheading signs do too.

You are completely missing the point spot. Who cares whether they take the whole book literally, or half the book, or only the bit about chopping people's heads off. What matters is that they want to chop your head off. Why is it so hard for you to figure out what is important? You seem to be constantly getting confused over trivial minutia and completely oblivious to the issues people are discussing. Is it some attempt at a debating technique that lets you maintain your stance that all religions are equal by pretending to have no interest in freedom and fundamental human rights, and pretending that it does not matter what the religious people actually believe?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #23 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 5:30am

... wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 4:45pm:

SOB

Same as the muslims

SOB

Perhaps.  Is there a similar sentiment expressed in the koran?  If so, please post it.

Yadda is making that claim and i am talking to him. Ask him for a link.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #24 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 5:32am

freediver wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 7:55pm:
Abu does, and I expect most of the 400 protestors marching behind the beheading signs do too.

You are completely missing the point spot. Who cares whether they take the whole book literally, or half the book, or only the bit about chopping people's heads off. What matters is that they want to chop your head off. Why is it so hard for you to figure out what is important? You seem to be constantly getting confused over trivial minutia and completely oblivious to the issues people are discussing. Is it some attempt at a debating technique that lets you maintain your stance that all religions are equal by pretending to have no interest in freedom and fundamental human rights, and pretending that it does not matter what the religious people actually believe?

It was only a few that had the signs. The rest (and some have even gone on TV and said this) dont. Bit like that party @ the election that wanted to burn lesbians @ the stake. Did you make a fuss that all xtians want to burn lesbians @ the stake?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #25 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 7:18am

Islam is Mohammed's balm for his own and his fellow Arabs'  inferiority complex.

IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 9:01am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:45pm:

Nice projecting there freediver. You are the one that refuses to acknowledge that the muslims dont take their whole book literally either.

SOB

If Muslims don't take things too seriously, how come the 'religion of peace' has spent its entire existence waging an internecine war? Being continued as we speak in Syria and close to speading into Turkey? 'I'm a Muslim, and you are not' is what they think of each other, let alone everybody else.

"It is in the shelter of each other that the people live" - Irish Proverb

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #27 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 9:07am

Grey wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 9:01am:

SOB

If Muslims don't take things too seriously, how come the 'religion of peace' has spent its entire existence waging an internecine war? Being continued as we speak in Syria and close to speading into Turkey? 'I'm a Muslim, and you are not' is what they think of each other, let alone everybody else.

I didnt say they didnt take things seriously. Some do some dont just like everyone else. They are ppl afterall. I said LITERALLY. You know like we arent supposed to take the talking snake and rib story literally.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 11:36am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 9:07am:

SOB

I didnt say they didnt take things seriously. Some do some dont just like everyone else. They are ppl afterall. I said LITERALLY. You know like we arent supposed to take the talking snake and rib story literally.

SOB

I don't know why you bother defending Islam Spot. It's backwardness is as plain as the nose on your face. And, on the face of it, there are similarities with Christians and Jews, but in OUR society we've got them sorted. In the main, Christians and Jews are moderate. If Muslims were, in the main, moderate as well we wouldn't have a problem.

Either they adapt to our society, which means joining us in the 21st C, or we adapt to them. Go backwards a few hundred years. Nagging works, the number of smokers is drastically reduced, paedophiliia is no longer something the RC's can sweep under the table. The fact that moderate Muslims were dragged out last week to criticise their own fanatics was a victory for our society.

When even somebody as dedicated to human equality, fairness and humaneness as Mary Robinson criticises Islam, you have to admit there's something wrong.

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/lifematters/mary-robinson/4293554

"It is in the shelter of each other that the people live" - Irish Proverb

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #29 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 12:15pm

Grey wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 11:36am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 9:07am:

SOB

SOB

I don't know why you bother defending Islam Spot. It's backwardness is as plain as the nose on your face. And, on the face of it, there are similarities with Christians and Jews, but in OUR society we've got them sorted. In the main, Christians and Jews are moderate. If Muslims were, in the main, moderate as well we wouldn't have a problem.

Either they adapt to our society, which means joining us in the 21st C, or we adapt to them. Go backwards a few hundred years. Nagging works, the number of smokers is drastically reduced, paedophiliia is no longer something the RC's can sweep under the table. The fact that moderate Muslims were dragged out last week to criticise their own fanatics was a victory for our society.

When even somebody as dedicated to human equality, fairness and humaneness as Mary Robinson criticises Islam, you have to admit there's something wrong.

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/lifematters/mary-robinson/4293554

Most muslims ARE moderate. someone has to say something when you ppl like to say they are all radicals. the ones in australia have adapted. Except a few but we have psychopaths too.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print