Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print
I'm a moslem. And you are not. (Read 26797 times)
Soren
Gold Member

Re: I'm a moslem. And you are not.
Reply #30 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 3:00pm

There would not be so many Islamic outrages around the world, committed by (ahem) 'extremists', if the so called (ahem) moderate Muslims didn't let them do it, get away with it, set the agenda by it, year in, year out.

But everywhere you look in the Muslim world, there is absolutely no pushback from the 'vast majority of moderates' against the 'tiny minority of extremists'.

The apes of Islam marched through Sydney a few weeks ago. I haven't seen a moderate, assimilated, reasonable, well-behaved and good-natured  crowd of Muslim marching since, repudiating the apes. Has anyone? No. It has never happened. I daresay, it never will.

The dichotomy of 'moderate' and 'extremist' Muslims is utter eyewash.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 3:13pm

... wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 2:01pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 11:37am:
Laws of Rape   (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

SOB

It doesn't take a genius to figure out this meant something quite different in it's day to what you take from it now.

A raped woman would be considered damaged goods - not an attractive marriage prospect, doomed to struggle in life alone due to a crime committed against her.  But by forcing the rapist to marry her, it would give her a much easier life, by making the man responsible for her upkeep for life - in effect, giving back what he had taken away by his crime.  Compare the outcome to today - How does imprisoning a rapist for X years give anything back to the modern rape victim?  It punishes, but it does not even attempt to put things right.

Oh here we go. It's okay for the bible/christian values to be outdated so don't quote them. But it's okay to quote "muslim" teachings and claim them to be what all muslims believe in. You idiot.

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #32 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 7:14pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 3:13pm:

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

SOB

It doesn't take a genius to figure out this meant something quite different in it's day to what you take from it now.

A raped woman would be considered damaged goods - not an attractive marriage prospect, doomed to struggle in life alone due to a crime committed against her.  But by forcing the rapist to marry her, it would give her a much easier life, by making the man responsible for her upkeep for life - in effect, giving back what he had taken away by his crime.  Compare the outcome to today - How does imprisoning a rapist for X years give anything back to the modern rape victim?  It punishes, but it does not even attempt to put things right.

Oh here we go. It's okay for the bible/christian values to be outdated so don't quote them. But it's okay to quote "muslim" teachings and claim them to be what all muslims believe in. You idiot.

I can't help thinking that your little switcheroo there was deliberate.

It had to be, otherwise your snivelling would be even more glaringly silly. The point: all the slash and burn in Islamic teaching is NOT outdated as far as the self-respecting Mohamedan is concerned. Their stuff doesn't date.  Inash'allah and pbuh and all that, don't you know. The Ummah mongering is all about return to the pure, 7th century life of Mohammed and his merry men. To you, a joke. To them, life's very meaning.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #33 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 9:46pm

Grey wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 9:01am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:45pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:20pm:
The problem is that Muslims like Abu and the Sydney protestors think that these ancient standards are the highest moral goals to be aimed for today - Abu for example wants rape in similar circumstances to be legalised.

Spot does not appear to recognise a distinction between what is written and what people actually think. He defines what religions are, never mind what the religious people actually believe, and he judges all religious people by what he projects onto them.

Nice projecting there freediver. You are the one that refuses to acknowledge that the muslims dont take their whole book literally either.

SOB

If Muslims don't take things too seriously, how come the 'religion of peace' has spent its entire existence waging an internecine war? Being continued as we speak in Syria and close to speading into Turkey?

'I'm a Muslim, and you are not' is what they think of each other, let alone everybody else.

Grey,

What you stated, imo, is exactly correct.

And a 'similar' truth, is that ISLAM teaches [everyone who consider themselves to be...] a moslem, that they have an obligation [to Allah] to kill those, 'and you are not' persons, if they 'insult' ISLAM.

And 'insulting' ISLAM, can be as trivial, as scrutinising the sunna of Mohammed, the prophet of Allah, which is the ISLAMIC historic record, of Mohammed's life.

'Disbelievers' are not permitted, to scrutinise ISLAM, or its [recorded by moslems] history.

Why not ???

John 3:21
......he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #34 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 10:09pm

sanofi wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 3:35pm:
Yadda wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 3:29pm:
Yadda wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 3:19pm:

Can you believe that moslem men, actually have the right to rape non-moslem women, because they are, non-moslem women ?

ISLAM say's that moslem men can, 'lawfully' rape non-moslem women, any non-moslem woman who is the captive, of a of moslem man.

ISLAM has been at war with non-moslems, for 1,400 years.

e.g.
Unveiled women in Iran, are routinely arrested, and then raped, by Iranian police.

Google,
"they had no right to say no"

Google,
"rape jihad"

Google,
beslan children raped jihad

you are disgusting turning the rape issue to your Islam bashing crusade. If you were serious about this issue, you would not demean the topic. 

sanofi,

See below.

It is for you too.

Oh here we go.

It's okay for the bible/christian values to be outdated so don't quote them.

But it's okay to quote "muslim" teachings and claim them to be what all muslims believe in.

You idiot.

Christians [and even Jews] cannot lawfully marry an 8 year old girl, and then have sexual relations with her.

Moslems can, and they can 'lawfully' do that.

sanofi,

Regarding the crime of rape.

Is this information relevant to understanding the prevelance of the crime of rape committed against non-moslem women [inside Western 'host' nations], by men from moslem communities/culture ?...

Oslo, Norway: 69 percent increase in rapes (76 rapes in 91 days). Share of non-Westerners among 'attack-rapists': 100 percent.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/04/oslo-norway-69-percent-increase-in-rapes-76-ra...

AND....
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/01/stavanger-norway-nine-out-of-ten-rapists-are-m...

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/12/islamic-cleric-misunderstands-islam-issues-fat...

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2005/12/western-muslims-racist-rape-spree.html

And this.....
UK, young girls plied with drugs, then raped,

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1329870100/0#0

See post # 14, same thread...
This is an example of a very rare [Western eyes] glimpse into the crime of child rape within Sharia jurisdictions, being exposed.
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1329870100/14#14

In ISLAMIC societies, where crimes causing shame are hidden, young girls are *effectively* treated [by their own families] as a commodity to be traded, to the social advantage of the family.

It could be argued that the [normally hidden, and very probably, common] crime of child rape is *effectively* 'lawfully' sanctioned inside all ISLAMIC [Sharia 'regulated'] societies.

Yadda wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 1:42pm:

When anyone asks a moslem, to point to an example of a good, and just, benevolent Sharia society, a virtuous society based in ISLAMIC law, today, no moslem can point to such an example.

Not in all of the ISLAMIC world, is there even one example of such a society, a virtuous ISLAMIC society.

The reality in the world, is quite opposite.

Because almost all examples of ISLAMIC and Sharia guided societies in the world today, are nests of oppression, depravity, corruption, violence, injustice, and human poverty.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #35 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 5:15am

Grey wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 11:36am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 9:07am:
The problem is that Muslims like Abu and the Sydney protestors think that these ancient standards are the highest moral goals to be aimed for today - Abu for example wants rape in similar circumstances to be legalised.

Spot does not appear to recognise a distinction between what is written and what people actually think. He defines what religions are, never mind what the religious people actually believe, and he judges all religious people by what he projects onto them.

Nice projecting there freediver. You are the one that refuses to acknowledge that the muslims dont take their whole book literally either.

SOB

If Muslims don't take things too seriously, how come the 'religion of peace' has spent its entire existence waging an internecine war? Being continued as we speak in Syria and close to speading into Turkey? 'I'm a Muslim, and you are not' is what they think of each other, let alone everybody else.

I didnt say they didnt take things seriously. Some do some dont just like everyone else. They are ppl afterall. I said LITERALLY. You know like we arent supposed to take the talking snake and rib story literally.

SOB

I don't know why you bother defending Islam Spot. It's backwardness is as plain as the nose on your face. And, on the face of it, there are similarities with Christians and Jews, but in OUR society we've got them sorted. In the main, Christians and Jews are moderate. If Muslims were, in the main, moderate as well we wouldn't have a problem.

Either they adapt to our society, which means joining us in the 21st C, or we adapt to them. Go backwards a few hundred years. Nagging works, the number of smokers is drastically reduced, paedophiliia is no longer something the RC's can sweep under the table. The fact that moderate Muslims were dragged out last week to criticise their own fanatics was a victory for our society.

When even somebody as dedicated to human equality, fairness and humaneness as Mary Robinson criticises Islam, you have to admit there's something wrong.

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/lifematters/mary-robinson/4293554

Ahhh no answer for that so you go on the attack. Normal i guess for a religious nut full of hate for another religion.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #36 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 5:17am

Soren wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 3:00pm:
There would not be so many Islamic outrages around the world, committed by (ahem) 'extremists', if the so called (ahem) moderate Muslims didn't let them do it, get away with it, set the agenda by it, year in, year out.

But everywhere you look in the Muslim world, there is absolutely no pushback from the 'vast majority of moderates' against the 'tiny minority of extremists'.

The apes of Islam marched through Sydney a few weeks ago. I haven't seen a moderate, assimilated, reasonable, well-behaved and good-natured  crowd of Muslim marching since, repudiating the apes. Has anyone? No. It has never happened. I daresay, it never will.

How exactly would the moderates stop the extremists without becoming extremists themselves? What do you do to stop the KKK and westboro?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #37 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 5:18am

Soren wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 7:14pm:

SOB

I can't help thinking that your little switcheroo there was deliberate.

It had to be, otherwise your snivelling would be even more glaringly silly. The point: all the slash and burn in Islamic teaching is NOT outdated as far as the self-respecting Mohamedan is concerned. Their stuff doesn't date.  Inash'allah and pbuh and all that, don't you know. The Ummah mongering is all about return to the pure, 7th century life of Mohammed and his merry men. To you, a joke. To them, life's very meaning.

If its not outdated then how to you explain the millions of moderates?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #38 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 7:09am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 6th, 2012 at 5:17am:

How exactly would the moderates stop the extremists without becoming extremists themselves? What do you do to stop the KKK and westboro?

SOB

The KKK and Wesboro have been stopped.

Or are you trying to equate Koran burning with flying planes into buildings, suicide bombing trains, buses, schools, markets etc?

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #39 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 7:57am

Soren wrote on Oct 6th, 2012 at 7:09am:

SOB

Or are you trying to equate Koran burning with flying planes into buildings, suicide bombing trains, buses, schools, markets etc?

When was the last time a plane was flown into a building? Seems to me that arent around anymore to do it again. And the KKK and westboro have not been "stopped" they are just lying in wait.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #40 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 10:36am

Give up Spot. Both Christianity and Islam have their ugly sides. At this stage, Islam is clearly the uglier of the two sisters. Arguable it depends on which angle you look at them, but neither would win a beauty contest, and neither deserve to be defended. I would however, continue to allow reasonable people everywhere to pursue whatever religion they want to pursue as long as they don't use it as an excuse to be cruel to others.

Given the fact that neither is as pure as the driven snow, any blasphemy claims are just a tad precious and I would staunchly defend the right to criticise any world view.  I would regard aspects of both religions to be blasphemy in that they distort the "god" of nature if you can call it that, with the worst aspects of  human nature and the need to subvert and oppress their adherents. Early Christianity reads like a Who's Who of miscreants, perverts and thugs. Islam is no better. Islam even has a thug prophet.   

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #41 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 11:05am

SOB

It is not just a claim. Ask Abu. He believes these things. He wants people to be stoned to death for saying or thinking the wrong thing. 400 of them marched through Sydney behind banners calling for murder. We are currently engaged in two wars with these people, because they are fighting tooth and nail against democracy.

Do you think it is all just some kind of coincidence alevine?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #42 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 1:29pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 6th, 2012 at 7:57am:

SOB

When was the last time a plane was flown into a building? Seems to me that arent around anymore to do it again. And the KKK and westboro have not been "stopped" they are just lying in wait.

SOB

Brilliant!! Islamists and Al Qaida have disappeared but the baptists are lying in wait, ready to - do what?

Snapshot of the last few days:
2012.10.05 (Douentza, Mali) - Islamists fire on a civilian vehicle, killing two passengers
2012.10.05 (Jalingo, Nigeria) - Fundamentalists bomb a bar, killing at least one person.
2012.10.04 (Baghdad, Iraq) - Mujahid bombers take out five Iraqis.
2012.10.03 (Magas, Ingushetia) - Four Russian policemen are ambushed and killed by Religion of Peace extremists.
2012.10.03 (Aleppo, Syria) - Three suicide car bombings by al-Nusra terrorists leave nearly fifty dead.
2012.10.02 (Mubi, Nigeria) - At least twenty-six Christian students are singled out and executed by Islamists at their campus. Some are shot, others have their throats cut.

Baptists killing in the name of Bapt in the last 100 years:

« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2012 at 1:36pm by Soren »  

IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 3:01pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 6th, 2012 at 5:15am:
Grey wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 11:36am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 9:07am:

SOB

If Muslims don't take things too seriously, how come the 'religion of peace' has spent its entire existence waging an internecine war? Being continued as we speak in Syria and close to speading into Turkey? 'I'm a Muslim, and you are not' is what they think of each other, let alone everybody else.

I didnt say they didnt take things seriously. Some do some dont just like everyone else. They are ppl afterall. I said LITERALLY. You know like we arent supposed to take the talking snake and rib story literally.

SOB

I don't know why you bother defending Islam Spot. It's backwardness is as plain as the nose on your face. And, on the face of it, there are similarities with Christians and Jews, but in OUR society we've got them sorted. In the main, Christians and Jews are moderate. If Muslims were, in the main, moderate as well we wouldn't have a problem.

Either they adapt to our society, which means joining us in the 21st C, or we adapt to them. Go backwards a few hundred years. Nagging works, the number of smokers is drastically reduced, paedophiliia is no longer something the RC's can sweep under the table. The fact that moderate Muslims were dragged out last week to criticise their own fanatics was a victory for our society.

When even somebody as dedicated to human equality, fairness and humaneness as Mary Robinson criticises Islam, you have to admit there's something wrong.

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/lifematters/mary-robinson/4293554

Ahhh no answer for that so you go on the attack. Normal i guess for a religious nut full of hate for another religion.

SOB

I'm an Atheist Spot. I concur entirely with Muso.

"It is in the shelter of each other that the people live" - Irish Proverb

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #44 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 4:18pm

Soren wrote on Oct 6th, 2012 at 1:29pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 6th, 2012 at 7:57am:

SOB

SOB

Brilliant!! Islamists and Al Qaida have disappeared but the baptists are lying in wait, ready to - do what?

Snapshot of the last few days:
2012.10.05 (Douentza, Mali) - Islamists fire on a civilian vehicle, killing two passengers
2012.10.05 (Jalingo, Nigeria) - Fundamentalists bomb a bar, killing at least one person.
2012.10.04 (Baghdad, Iraq) - Mujahid bombers take out five Iraqis.
2012.10.03 (Magas, Ingushetia) - Four Russian policemen are ambushed and killed by Religion of Peace extremists.
2012.10.03 (Aleppo, Syria) - Three suicide car bombings by al-Nusra terrorists leave nearly fifty dead.
2012.10.02 (Mubi, Nigeria) - At least twenty-six Christian students are singled out and executed by Islamists at their campus. Some are shot, others have their throats cut.

Baptists killing in the name of Bapt in the last 100 years:

You dont even know all those ppl were muslims. Anyway we shouldn't be in other ppls faces telling them what6 to do and how to live. Iraq is our fault. Most of those ppl are fighting for their freedom.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print