Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Send Topic Print
I'm a moslem. And you are not. (Read 26767 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: I'm a moslem. And you are not.
Reply #60 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 10:56am

muso wrote on Oct 6th, 2012 at 10:36am:
Give up Spot. Both Christianity and Islam have their ugly sides. At this stage, Islam is clearly the uglier of the two sisters. Arguable it depends on which angle you look at them, but neither would win a beauty contest, and neither deserve to be defended. I would however, continue to allow reasonable people everywhere to pursue whatever religion they want to pursue as long as they don't use it as an excuse to be cruel to others.

Given the fact that neither is as pure as the driven snow, any blasphemy claims are just a tad precious and I would staunchly defend the right to criticise any world view.  I would regard aspects of both religions to be blasphemy in that they distort the "god" of nature if you can call it that, with the worst aspects of  human nature and the need to subvert and oppress their adherents.

Early Christianity reads like a Who's Who of miscreants, perverts and thugs. Islam is no better. Islam even has a thug prophet.   

Off with his head!!!

Tongue

muso,

There are many moslems, here in Australia, who would kill you for saying such a thing, IF THEY COULD, if you weren't protected by Australian laws [....laws which moslems view as none binding, where such laws conflict with ISLAMIC law !!].

Would you deny that assertion ?

Sydney, 2012, moslem street protests.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #61 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 11:19am

muso wrote on Oct 6th, 2012 at 7:53pm:
By the way to be just a tad picky,

Christian and Muslim extremists are at each other throats in Nigeria.

Google Akhwat Akwop.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/christian-militants-southern-kaduna-threate...

Yeah muso !

And i blame those damned Christian extremists, for all of the conflict in Nigeria !!!

I really do!!
Tongue

After all, we all know that moslems are a peaceable people, who are tolerant, and respectful of others......

And anyone who says anything different, is a bigot, or maybe, a bigot AND a racist !!

ISLAM IS PEACE, in London

Image source...
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2007/10/islam-is-peace-media-campaign-in-uk.html

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #62 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 11:30am

freediver wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 at 10:38am:
Quote:
Strawmen again. Post 53. ALL religions (that includes islam doesnt it?).

You tell me Spot. You seem to make an exception for Islam. This is a perfect example - the only criticism of Islam that you can dig up are indirect ones like this. Guess how many posts back I would have to go to find a specific criticism from you of another religion? You are afraid to say anything about Islam and you aren't even aware of it yourself.

Quote:
Everyone is non-violent until they turn violent but most ppl never do turn violent.

There are a lot of Muslims turning violent at the prospect of democracy, or a silly youtube video, or countless other things that no sane person would get violent over. You obviously recognise this or you would not be so scared of criticising Islam. You just aren't conscious of it yet.

BS. I  criticise extremist islam if theres a reason. You are there criticising moderate islam. You dont have any idea. Obviously you dont know any muslims. Extremists of any religion are bad. I dont m,ake exception for islam - the reason i have to speak up allthe time is because you are demonising them ALL. I see you compeltely ignored my last point.

The muslim you reckon are turning violent @ the prospect of "democracy" would be the ones whose countries we are occupying. Funny how they dont want to be forced into someone elses mould.

On the other hand nobody is "turning violent" here because they chose to live here. A couple ppl have beheading signs but they are the psychos - we have those too in "non-muslim" protests. Remember how the media portrayed all the aboriginals as violent when they cleared them from the canberra tent city earlier in the year.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #63 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 11:43am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 at 5:09am:

Religious nuts cant be agreed or disagreed with. Adults that believe in fairies. . . . . nothing to disagree with there. . .

just keep out of thier reach

because they get violent sometimes especially the xtians.

SOB

Hey SPOT,

Atheists in the UK, at universities, are not allowed to 'disrespect' Mohammed.

Today, in the UK, 'disrespecting' Mohammed, is a 'racist' hate crime.

Reading University ejects atheist society for pineapple labeled "Muhammad"

".....By labelling the depiction of Muhammad as racist, the LSE Union essentially passed a blasphemy law, limiting student’s ability to criticise or mock religions and threatening punishment to those that do."

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/10/the-dreaded-pineapple-of-hate-reading-universi...

But hey SPOT, no matter how much we must learn to accommodate the wishes of moslems here, in Australia, you won't have to worry about it.

Because your moslem friends will always 'love' people like you.

Cheesy

Moslems will always be welcoming and friendly, towards people like you.

Moslems 'love' gay atheists.

Honest.

On the other hand, if your moslem friends eventually get nasty, and threaten you, you could always pretend to convert.

Right ?

Hey, how would they know !!!!!

Right ?

Because if moslems believe in [sky] fairies, they'd believe a person like you, wouldn't they ??????

« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2012 at 11:50am by Yadda »  

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #64 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 12:14pm

Yadda wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 at 11:43am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 at 5:09am:

Religious nuts cant be agreed or disagreed with. Adults that believe in fairies. . . . . nothing to disagree with there. . .

just keep out of thier reach

because they get violent sometimes especially the xtians.

SOB

Hey SPOT,

Atheists in the UK, at universities, are not allowed to 'disrespect' Mohammed.

Today, in the UK, 'disrespecting' Mohammed, is a 'racist' hate crime.

Reading University ejects atheist society for pineapple labeled "Muhammad"

".....By labelling the depiction of Muhammad as racist, the LSE Union essentially passed a blasphemy law, limiting student’s ability to criticise or mock religions and threatening punishment to those that do."

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/10/the-dreaded-pineapple-of-hate-reading-universi...

But hey SPOT, no matter how much we must learn to accommodate the wishes of moslems here, in Australia, you won't have to worry about it.

Because your moslem friends will always 'love' people like you.

Cheesy

Moslems will always be welcoming and friendly, towards people like you.

Moslems 'love' gay atheists.

Honest.

On the other hand, if your moslem friends eventually get nasty, and threaten you, you could always pretend to convert.

Right ?

Hey, how would they know !!!!!

Right ?

Because if moslems believe in [sky] fairies, they'd believe a person like you, wouldn't they ??????

Bit like disrespecting jews huh? Wonder if criticisers of islam will get their own name like anti-semitism - oh wait a lot of muslims are semites too!

Why the gay crack though?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #65 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 12:26pm

Quote:
BS. I  criticise extremist islam if theres a reason.

Is that why you cannot find a single example of you criticising Islam directly? Face it spot, you are too scared to, and you don't even know it. You constantly make excuses for Islamic extremists instead.

Quote:
You are there criticising moderate islam. You dont have any idea. Obviously you dont know any muslims.

What about Abu? Why are you afraid to discuss him at all. He is a perfect example of a self proclaimed moderate, peaceful Muslim, who also wants to stone people to death.

Quote:
The muslim you reckon are turning violent @ the prospect of "democracy" would be the ones whose countries we are occupying. Funny how they dont want to be forced into someone elses mould.

You mean letting them choose their own leaders?

Quote:
On the other hand nobody is "turning violent" here because they chose to live here.

Unless of course they find a youtube video that insults Muhammed. Plenty of Australian Muslims are in jail right now for plotting terrorism. I bet you have excuses for them too. Or you don't even know they exist.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #66 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 12:33pm

Yadda wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 at 11:19am:
muso wrote on Oct 6th, 2012 at 7:53pm:
By the way to be just a tad picky,

Christian and Muslim extremists are at each other throats in Nigeria.

Google Akhwat Akwop.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/christian-militants-southern-kaduna-threate...

Yeah muso !

And i blame those damned Christian extremists, for all of the conflict in Nigeria !!!

I really do!!
Tongue

I blame lack of education, ingrained prejudice and savagery. The Christian and Muslims in Nigeria are both culpable. Reason is not getting much of a  voice on either side, but some are trying their utmost, and good luck to them. How do you think you would fare in that position, Yadda? Can you see yourself in the shoes of Pastor James Wuye? Could you be a peacemaker in that situation? - and which of your emotions would prevail? Your compassion for humanity or your hatred of Islam?

http://www.buildingpeace.org/think-global-conflict/issues/religion-and-peacebuil...

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #67 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 12:35pm

freediver wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 at 12:26pm:
Quote:
BS. I  criticise extremist islam if theres a reason.

Is that why you cannot find a single example of you criticising Islam directly? Face it spot, you are too scared to, and you don't even know it. You constantly make excuses for Islamic extremists instead.

Quote:
You are there criticising moderate islam. You dont have any idea. Obviously you dont know any muslims.

What about Abu? Why are you afraid to discuss him at all. He is a perfect example of a self proclaimed moderate, peaceful Muslim, who also wants to stone people to death.

Quote:

You mean letting them choose their own leaders?

Quote:
On the other hand nobody is "turning violent" here because they chose to live here.

Unless of course they find a youtube video that insults Muhammed. Plenty of Australian Muslims are in jail right now for plotting terrorism. I bet you have excuses for them too. Or you don't even know they exist.

Why should i? You are the one that wants to brush everyone with the same brush. I have criticised some acts by muslims but im not going to join your demonisation of an entire religion when yours is just as bad. You blame the religion for everything they do when its the ppl themselves using religion as an excuse. I guess thats a good thing for you cause then you can do stuff and blame your religion.

Why are you so obsessed with abu? I dont know his views - only what you tell me (which i dont believe) and that stupid discussion a month or so ago where you refused to accept his answers.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #68 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 12:43pm

Yadda wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 at 10:56am:
Give up Spot. Both Christianity and Islam have their ugly sides. At this stage, Islam is clearly the uglier of the two sisters. Arguable it depends on which angle you look at them, but neither would win a beauty contest, and neither deserve to be defended. I would however, continue to allow reasonable people everywhere to pursue whatever religion they want to pursue as long as they don't use it as an excuse to be cruel to others.

Given the fact that neither is as pure as the driven snow, any blasphemy claims are just a tad precious and I would staunchly defend the right to criticise any world view.  I would regard aspects of both religions to be blasphemy in that they distort the "god" of nature if you can call it that, with the worst aspects of  human nature and the need to subvert and oppress their adherents.

Early Christianity reads like a Who's Who of miscreants, perverts and thugs. Islam is no better. Islam even has a thug prophet.   

Off with his head!!!

Tongue

muso,

There are many moslems, here in Australia, who would kill you for saying such a thing, IF THEY COULD, if you weren't protected by Australian laws [....laws which moslems view as none binding, where such laws conflict with ISLAMIC law !!].

Which part of the highlighted text don't you understand?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #69 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 12:46pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 at 12:14pm:
Bit like disrespecting jews huh? Wonder if criticisers of islam will get their own name like anti-semitism - oh wait a lot of muslims are semites too!

So, you do not mind at all, if atheists in the UK, will be accused of being hate crime 'racists', if they 'disrespect' or criticise, Mohammed / moslems ?

Clearly, you are a very tolerant person,
.....except when it comes to Jews Zionists, Israelis, 'xtians', Yaddas',    .....have i missed anyone else ???

Quote:

Why the gay crack though?

SOB

Are you 'coming out', and declaring that you are NOT gay ???

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #70 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 12:53pm

muso wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 at 12:43pm:
Yadda wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 at 10:56am:

Off with his head!!!

Tongue

muso,

Which part of the highlighted text don't you understand?

Quote:

Muso,

You are such an 'even handed' fellow aren't you ?     Cheesy

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #71 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 12:57pm

Yadda wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 at 12:46pm:

So, you do not mind at all, if atheists in the UK, will be accused of being hate crime 'racists', if they 'disrespect' or criticise, Mohammed / moslems ?

.....except when it comes to Jews Zionists, Israelis, 'xtians', Yaddas',    .....have i missed anyone else ???

I didnt say that. I just think we should be able to criticise any religion - you - however - are lopsided and only think it applies to islam but nobody should criticise the jews.

Quote:

I dont think its any of your business. You were trying to use it as an insult though.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #72 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 1:08pm

Yadda, I'm sure that you take your hatred of Muslims seriously, just as the worst elements of Islam take their hatred for Jews and Christians every bit as seriously. Collectively, I'm sure the Abrahamic religions have an uncanny knack of pointing the finger and applying the "evil" label, thus justifying and perpetuating the "lead" industry.   

After all, it keeps the likes of Northrop Grumman in business, and I'm sure those good old boys "praise the lord"  every Sunday after a gruelling week in the Texas heat manufacturing all those munitions to fight evil.

IP Logged

magpie

"You're good.. You're
very good.."

Reply #73 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 1:10pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 at 12:57pm:
Yadda wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 at 12:46pm:

I didnt say that. I just think we should be able to criticise any religion - you - however - are lopsided and only think it applies to islam but nobody should criticise the jews.

Quote:

I dont think its any of your business. You were trying to use it as an insult though.

SOB

*kicks Yadda in the nuts*.. oh, I am sorry, I was aiming for those shedim behind you..

”We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.”

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #74 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 1:26pm

muso wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 at 1:08pm:
Yadda,

I'm sure that you take your hatred of Muslims seriously,

just as the worst elements of Islam take their hatred for Jews and Christians every bit as seriously.

Collectively, I'm sure the Abrahamic religions have an uncanny knack of pointing the finger and applying the "evil" label, thus justifying and perpetuating the "lead" industry.   

After all, it keeps the likes of Northrop Grumman in business, and I'm sure those good old boys "praise the lord"  every Sunday after a gruelling week in the Texas heat manufacturing all those munitions to fight evil.

muso,

I don't need a Bible, to tell me that ISLAM is a death cult.

No person with a functioning moral compass needs a Bible, to tell them that ISLAM is a death cult.

I don't need a Bible, to tell me that ISLAM is pure evil.

No person with a functioning moral compass needs a Bible, to tell them that ISLAM is pure evil, and that ISLAM encourages the very worst and most wicked conduct, in human beings.

"And what is good, Phaedrus? And what is not good? Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?"

Plato
and found in, Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance

And my hating moslems ?

ISLAM is the cause, moslems are a symptom [i.e. the 'effect'].

.....but moslems have to choose ISLAM, moslems have to continue to embrace ISLAM.

.....and that, is a moral choice, that moslems consciously make.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Send Topic Print