Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Send Topic Print
I'm a moslem. And you are not. (Read 26765 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: I'm a moslem. And you are not.
Reply #75 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 1:27pm

Quote:
Why should i? You are the one that wants to brush everyone with the same brush.

I'm not the one saying that all religions are equal. Of course you don't have to. I just thought you might want to prove that you aren't afraid to criticise Islam. You certainly criticise other religions enough over comparitively trivial issues.

Quote:
I have criticised some acts by muslims but im not going to join your demonisation of an entire religion when yours is just as bad.

So you are happy to demonise all relgions and all religious people, but you think criticising Islam is unfair? You are the worst of the bunch when it comes to tarring everyone with the same brush.

Quote:
You blame the religion for everything they do when its the ppl themselves using religion as an excuse.

Are you suggesting they would call for the beheading of people who insult the prophet if they were not Muslims? Do you think they bwould be calling for someone else's head just out of general frustration with the world?

Quote:
Why are you so obsessed with abu?

I talk to actual Muslims about Islam. You run away from the topic. It is not obsession. I am just not afraid to talk about it.

Quote:
I dont know his views - only what you tell me (which i dont believe)

You don't believe it even when I post links for you to where Abu himself said it. You are afraid to believe it.

Quote:
and that stupid discussion a month or so ago where you refused to accept his answers

If he doesn't answer the question that is actually asked I am not so scared of him that I will pretend he did. The only thing that was stupid was the lengths you went to to avoid the topic and pretend he said something that he did not actually say.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #76 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 1:51pm

It is useless trying to talk to you. You pick a concept and go for it twisting everything and quote mining and making things up to make it fit. Today you are accusing me of being afraid of muslims. Well i have lived with muslims and they are easier to get along with than xtians. Xtians are overly judgemental and worry about what other ppl are doing/thinking too much. They want everyone to be just like them.

My point (as usual) is that most muslims are moderate as with other religions however you ppl demonise all the muslims so i do it back @ your religion to prove a point but you dont get it and you just continue with it. As i have said many many times i dont mind moderates of any religion but i have to admit they are all silly. Invisible beings that wrote books DIFFERENT books and distributed them amongst humanity so that ppl have different names for these beings and think all the others are "evil".

SOB
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2012 at 2:17pm by Sir Spot of Borg »  

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #77 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 2:02pm

Yadda wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 at 1:26pm:
No person with a functioning moral compass needs a Bible, to tell them that ISLAM is a death cult.
[/highlight]

Well, I've heard Catholics call the Born-Again movement a "Death Cult" and vice versa. Do you think that Catholics are a death cult too? It's quite a useful slur among religious people these days. The slur of the month perhaps?

Do you also believe that the Pope is the Anti-Christ?  Some do.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #78 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 2:18pm

muso wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 at 2:02pm:
Yadda wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 at 1:26pm:
No person with a functioning moral compass needs a Bible, to tell them that ISLAM is a death cult.
[/highlight]

Well, I've heard Catholics call the Born-Again movement a "Death Cult" and vice versa. Do you think that Catholics are a death cult too? It's quite a useful slur among religious people these days. The slur of the month perhaps?

Do you also believe that the Pope is the Anti-Christ?  Some do.

And the mormons with their ongoing goal of converting all the dead . . .

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 8:57pm

The SOB argument: Most Nazis were moderate, therefore they shouldn't be criticised as a movement for running death camps.

"It is in the shelter of each other that the people live" - Irish Proverb

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #80 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 6:32am

Grey wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 at 8:57pm:
The SOB argument: Most Nazis were moderate, therefore they shouldn't be criticised as a movement for running death camps.

Where have i ever said nazis were moderate? Its not even a religion.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 11:11am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 8th, 2012 at 6:32am:

SOB

Perhaps the best definition of 'religion' is, 'a philosophy that rules your life'.

That aside, what I'm saying is that most Nazis WERE moderates. People ARE sheeple, they follow the line of least resistance.

That being the case, if you take the line that 'you can't crticise a movement if the majority of its members are moderate', you cannot criticise any movement at all.

All movements are gangs. It doesn't matter if they're called Hells Angels, Zionists, Christians, Greenies, The ALP or the smacking Temperance union. The objective is power to the leadership who are convinced that if everybody followed their lead the world would be a better place. They all will coerce, (pressurize) their members to follow the line, and as they grow large will pressurize others to join. Ultimately they will all turn to violence to round up the stragglers.

It's so successful a model that our society is ruled by gangs. At the moment the best we can hope for is some kind of balance. A state that's been achieved to a degree in the democratic, secular world. It's not a perfect way to carry on. People come up with plausible ideas to base a gang on, (let's make the world SAFER) and our freedom is eroded incrementally and we are driven towards BEIGE.

But the Islamic movement IS different. Its successes in modern times, begining perhaps with the capture of Persia (Iran), has renewed the fervour and world domination looks like a very real possibility to them. The coercive urge is strong and needs resisting.

IP Logged

magpie

"You're good.. You're
very good.."

Reply #82 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 11:57am

Grey wrote on Oct 8th, 2012 at 11:11am:

SOB

Perhaps the best definition of 'religion' is, 'a philosophy that rules your life'.

That aside, what I'm saying is that most Nazis WERE moderates. People ARE sheeple, they follow the line of least resistance.

That being the case, if you take the line that 'you can't crticise a movement if the majority of its members are moderate', you cannot criticise any movement at all.

All movements are gangs. It doesn't matter if they're called Hells Angels, Zionists, Christians, Greenies, The ALP or the smacking Temperance union. The objective is power to the leadership who are convinced that if everybody followed their lead the world would be a better place. They all will coerce, (pressurize) their members to follow the line, and as they grow large will pressurize others to join. Ultimately they will all turn to violence to round up the stragglers.

It's so successful a model that our society is ruled by gangs. At the moment the best we can hope for is some kind of balance. A state that's been achieved to a degree in the democratic, secular world. It's not a perfect way to carry on. People come up with plausible ideas to base a gang on, (let's make the world SAFER) and our freedom is eroded incrementally and we are driven towards BEIGE.

But the Islamic movement IS different. Its successes in modern times, begining perhaps with the capture of Persia (Iran), has renewed the fervour and world domination looks like a very real possibility to them. The coercive urge is strong and needs resisting.

hegemony?

”We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.”

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #83 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 12:01pm

SOB

Strawmen of the highest order. Maybe strawgods hey?

You make up a definition then say i ascribe to it then knock it down. Bravo. You dont even need me for this discussion.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Adamant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #84 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 3:12pm

Quote:
Bravo. You dont even need me for this discussion.

Finally, a moment of lucidity.

In real life Gandalf is known as Mr 10%

IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 3:15pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 8th, 2012 at 12:01pm:

SOB

You make up a definition then say i ascribe to it then knock it down. Bravo. You dont even need me for this discussion.

SOB

No I did't make up a definition of 'religion', that's one of the standards. Do you disagree with it? Why?

Quote:
Magpie - Hegemony?

Yes of course. It's not inevitable. It's quite possible and produces very satisfactory results, when people co-operate as communities of equals, rather than gangs.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #86 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 3:51pm

Grey wrote on Oct 8th, 2012 at 3:15pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 8th, 2012 at 12:01pm:

SOB

SOB

No I did't make up a definition of 'religion', that's one of the standards. Do you disagree with it? Why?

Quote:
Magpie - Hegemony?

Yes of course. It's not inevitable. It's quite possible and produces very satisfactory results, when people co-operate as communities of equals, rather than gangs.

Most ppl think of religion as groups of ppl worshipping a deity. That is what ppl think of - most ppl dont go to google and look up alternate meanings to fit their arguments.

Also the standard meaning of "nazi" of either armies of germans killing ppl or of white racists nowadays.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 6:07pm

There's nneed to be rude SOB. My definition of religion was the one I found most satisfactory during University days. I say again, do you disagree? Why?

I used Nazis as analogous. Most members of the Nazi party joined up for the same reason most Russian communist party members joined up. To 'get ahead' in a world dominated by those gangs. I don't understand how you can find the simple concept I'm forwarding as argument so difficult to understand.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #88 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 6:33pm

Grey wrote on Oct 8th, 2012 at 6:07pm:
There's nneed to be rude SOB. My definition of religion was the one I found most satisfactory during University days. I say again, do you disagree? Why?

I used Nazis as analogous. Most members of the Nazi party joined up for the same reason most Russian communist party members joined up. To 'get ahead' in a world dominated by those gangs. I don't understand how you can find the simple concept I'm forwarding as argument so difficult to understand.

How was i rude?

Perhaps it was the way you tried to tell me what i think?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 7:10pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 8th, 2012 at 6:33pm:
Grey wrote on Oct 8th, 2012 at 6:07pm:

How was i rude?

Perhaps it was the way you tried to tell me what i think?

SOB

No I don't. You have consistently told us that most Muslims are moderate; have you not? That is the issue that I'm addressing is it not?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Send Topic Print