Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Islam versus secularism (Read 19251 times)
Soren
Gold Member

Islam versus secularism
Oct 10th, 2012 at 5:54pm

Surgeons in Pakistan say they have removed a bullet from a 14-year-old girl who was shot in the head by Taliban gunmen in the Swat Valley.

Malala Yousafzai, a campaigner for girls' rights, is reported to be in a stable condition after the operation.

Gunmen attacked Miss Yousafzai and two other girls as they walked from school on Tuesday, sparking condemnation from politicians, activists and the public.

The militants said they targeted her because she "promoted secularism".

A spokesman for the Islamist militant group, Ehsanullah Ehsan, told BBC Urdu on Tuesday that Miss Yousafzai would not be spared if she survived.

Malala Yousafzai began her blog at the age of 11

Miss Yousafzai came to public attention in 2009 by writing a diary for BBC Urdu about life under Taliban militants who had taken control of the valley.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19893309

This illustrates Islam's internal bloody conflict. Who will win?

This is not some random crime. This is a shooting by an Islamist organisation -ie in the name of Islam - for the in of secularism in a 'Muslim land' controlled by people whose ideas about Islam are indistinguishable from those who have rioted across the world recently, including in Sydney. These are the black shirts of Islam and there is no strong force among Muslims to oppose them.

There is no other religion today on the face of the earth that could be used to justify shooting a 14 year old girl in the head for advocating education for girls and therefore being 'secular'. This is conceivable in an Islamist mind only. Secularism is seen by Islamists as their enemy.

IP Logged

sanofi
Ex Member

Re: Islam versus secularism
Reply #1 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 6:02pm

Hi Soren,
You haven't been around recently, I hope you were not ill.
Good to see you back, mate.
Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2012 at 9:41pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 6:11pm

For Islam to be completely subdued or eradicated in the West, it will come down to converting or 'deprogramming' the left. Islam is only in Western countries because of the moral relativism of the left. Their naive utopianism, brought on by their idiotic education which gives sympathy and pity for anything that happens to be in a minority, is the only thing that keep these barbarians here.
Once the left is converted or 'deprogrammed' back to seeing the superiority of Western, liberal values, then there will be no opposition to the Islamic menace.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 8:41pm

Well, considering that 'being of the Left' is an entirely Western concept of modernity (it refers to the seating arrangement in  Assembly in Paris after 1789), I don't like the chances of the West deprogramming 'being of the Left', as such.

I am very sympathetic to many of the Left's causes while they had a backbone (ie pre-Bolshevik/Soviet/Stalinist Left) and universal principles. Democracy and universal suffrage is a Left project. Universal education and social solidarity are Left projects.

But I think that there is a very significant and increasing reactionary Left (odd, considering that conservatives used to be reactionary, but I think the tide has turned a few decades ago), who will protect their positions of power within the institutions.

There is also a huge segment of well-meaning but utterly ignorant and emotionally reactionary Left. These kind of people will ignore  warnings about Islam's sinister aims on purpose, if that's possible.

The Emotionallly Correct sooky Left is completely dominating the universalist, principled Left which stood against fascism in every guise, including the Islamic one. Christopher Hitchens was an excellent paragon of that kind principled, universalist, anti-fascist Left - and he was therefore thoroughly chastised for his stance against islamofascism,  a term he coined, I believe, and which very accurately covers the facts of the case.

IP Logged

magpie

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 9:00pm

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Oct 10th, 2012 at 6:11pm:
For Islam to be completely subdued or eradicated in the West, it will come down to converting or 'deprogramming' the left. Islam is only in Western countries because of the moral relativism of the left. Their naive utopianism, brought on by their idiotic education which gives sympathy and pity for anything that happens to be in a minority, is the only thing that keep these barbarians here.
Once the left is converted or 'deprogrammed' back to seeing the superiority of Western, liberal values, then there will be no opposition to the Islamic menace.

could it possibly be that you've made a typo here, in the last sentence, where you say:

Quote:
then there will be no opposition to the Islamic menace.

take out the 'no' .
then the conclusion at least matches the intro.

you guys have to stop drinking on the job..

pansi1951 wrote: Israel's heart is blackened by the blood of innocent Palestinian children. Karma awaits you, Israel. Your day of reckoning is fast approaching.

IP Logged

magpie

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 9:06pm

Soren wrote on Oct 10th, 2012 at 8:41pm:
Well, considering that 'being of the Left' is an entirely Western concept of modernity (it refers to the seating arrangement in  Assembly in Paris after 1789), I don't like the chances of the West deprogramming 'being of the Left', as such.

I am very sympathetic to many of the Left's causes while they had a backbone (ie pre-Bolshevik/Soviet/Stalinist Left) and universal principles. Democracy and universal suffrage is a Left project. Universal education and social solidarity are Left projects.

But I think that there is a very significant and increasing reactionary Left (odd, considering that conservatives used to be reactionary, but I think the tide has turned a few decades ago), who will protect their positions of power within the institutions.

There is also a huge segment of well-meaning but utterly ignorant and emotionally reactionary Left. These kind of people will ignore  warnings about Islam's sinister aims on purpose, if that's possible.

The Emotionallly Correct sooky Left is completely dominating the universalist, principled Left which stood against fascism in every guise, including the Islamic one. Christopher Hitchens was an excellent paragon of that kind principled, universalist, anti-fascist Left - and he was therefore thoroughly chastised for his stance against islamofascism,  a term he coined, I believe, and which very accurately covers the facts of the case.

wow! I could grow mushrooms under that!

pansi1951 wrote: Israel's heart is blackened by the blood of innocent Palestinian children. Karma awaits you, Israel. Your day of reckoning is fast approaching.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 9:12pm

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 9:28pm

A Leftie i like and respect

He is also very anti-clerical, like all good lapsed Catholics, I am told.

IP Logged

mutation

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 11:34pm

Best post I have seen so far on this forum!
By convert i hope you mean into some kind of organic fertilizer! Im not at all sure they are just programmed I think they are actually broken!

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #9 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 4:37am

The "left"? What kind of paranoia is that? Do you think abbott would throw all the muslims out of australia?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

magpie

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 7:33am

mutation wrote on Oct 10th, 2012 at 11:34pm:

By convert i hope you mean into some kind of organic fertilizer! Im not at all sure they are just programmed I think they are actually broken!

Quote:

you've got your beanie on wrong way around!
take it off, or turn it so the holes line up with the eyes, nose and mouth, then read.
you see, it makes  the world of difference..

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 10:14am

Soren wrote on Oct 10th, 2012 at 8:41pm:

Yeah, those are good points. I should have been more specific with what I deem 'the left.' Basically, since the 1960s there has been the rise of an anti-Western group of crusaders who will take the side of any group, no matter how vile or stupid, over anything deemed as invented or traditionally up held by the white, Western male. It is a purely reactionary movement that does not really care or have compassion for minorities, it really only wants to sprout moral platitudes in order to appear superior and put the boot into the West.

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 10:27am

mutation wrote on Oct 10th, 2012 at 11:34pm:

Cheers.
I think the younger ones can still be 'deprogrammed.' Once they get to their late 20s when they've got responsibilities they usually, but not in all cases, become more sensible and leave their past 'trendy' ways.
The ones that can't be 'deprogrammed' are the older generations, particularly the academics. My solution for them is to turn the Humanities, Social Sciences, Law, and Environmental departments into a user pays system. Currently, it's all tax payer funded (although HECS and HELP adds slightly to the funds). So this anti-Western crusade is upheld by tax-payers. Once the funds are stripped, I estimate they will whither away within 2 years. Then, slowly, the anti-Western left will not be able to indoctrinate young students, nor will they be able to write their stuff in tax payer funded journals. But they'll probably just move over to the ABC (where many of them already are), so the next step comes in cleaning out the ABC's departments that have been taken hold of by the leftists.
All in all, it will take a strong leader and party to do this. Someone with determination and courage in the face of what will be mountains of abuse.

IP Logged

Gomtuu
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 10:29am

Soren, I am unsure of the stupid things you say.

Quote:
here is no other religion today on the face of the earth that could be used to justify shooting a 14 year old

but I answer you in another thread.

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 10:30am

Soren wrote on Oct 10th, 2012 at 9:28pm:

A Leftie i like and respect

He is also very anti-clerical, like all good lapsed Catholics, I am told.

He's good value that guy.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print