Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Islam versus secularism (Read 19253 times)
Soren
Gold Member

Re: Islam versus secularism
Reply #15 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 3:46pm

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 10:27am:
I think the younger ones can still be 'deprogrammed.' Once they get to their late 20s when they've got responsibilities they usually, but not in all cases, become more sensible and leave their past 'trendy' ways.
The ones that can't be 'deprogrammed' are the older generations, particularly the academics. My solution for them is to turn the Humanities, Social Sciences, Law, and Environmental departments into a user pays system. Currently, it's all tax payer funded (although HECS and HELP adds slightly to the funds). So this anti-Western crusade is upheld by tax-payers. Once the funds are stripped, I estimate they will whither away within 2 years. Then, slowly, the anti-Western left will not be able to indoctrinate young students, nor will they be able to write their stuff in tax payer funded journals. But they'll probably just move over to the ABC (where many of them already are), so the next step comes in cleaning out the ABC's departments that have been taken hold of by the leftists.
All in all, it will take a strong leader and party to do this. Someone with determination and courage in the face of what will be mountains of abuse.

Yes, removing the state’s deadening hand from post-compulsory education would be good. But it’s not going to happen. It is now not only entrenched but is expanding. The education revolution means, among other things, the dramatic expansion of higher education. Most of it will be vocational courses, like bachelors of beancounting and knitware studies, but the BA programs will also expand, churning out more half-educated activists. A frightening proportion of uni students do not think much of the freedoms they enjoy.
PC has been drummed into them since kindy. Islam, on the other hand, being a vocal opponent of everything secular (‘atheist’) is staunchly un-PC. It doesn’t tiptoe around its principles and is not backward in coming forward about demanding that others also observe them.

IP Logged

sanofi
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 6:24pm

Soren wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 3:46pm:
I think the younger ones can still be 'deprogrammed.' Once they get to their late 20s when they've got responsibilities they usually, but not in all cases, become more sensible and leave their past 'trendy' ways.
The ones that can't be 'deprogrammed' are the older generations, particularly the academics. My solution for them is to turn the Humanities, Social Sciences, Law, and Environmental departments into a user pays system. Currently, it's all tax payer funded (although HECS and HELP adds slightly to the funds). So this anti-Western crusade is upheld by tax-payers. Once the funds are stripped, I estimate they will whither away within 2 years. Then, slowly, the anti-Western left will not be able to indoctrinate young students, nor will they be able to write their stuff in tax payer funded journals. But they'll probably just move over to the ABC (where many of them already are), so the next step comes in cleaning out the ABC's departments that have been taken hold of by the leftists.
All in all, it will take a strong leader and party to do this. Someone with determination and courage in the face of what will be mountains of abuse.

Yes, removing the state’s deadening hand from post-compulsory education would be good. But it’s not going to happen. It is now not only entrenched but is expanding. The education revolution means, among other things, the dramatic expansion of higher education. Most of it will be vocational courses, like bachelors of beancounting and knitware studies, but the BA programs will also expand, churning out more half-educated activists. A frightening proportion of uni students do not think much of the freedoms they enjoy.
PC has been drummed into them since kindy. Islam, on the other hand, being a vocal opponent of everything secular (‘atheist’) is staunchly un-PC. It doesn’t tiptoe around its principles and is not backward in coming forward about demanding that others also observe them.

The more I read of what you guys churn out, the more I realise how hard it is to make a living.
Come on,  who could buy this story? You have been corrected on your argument on several occasions on the absurdity, exampled by where you rave on a bit then arrive at the opposite conclusion from which you started.
Another poster observed that what you were saying was so stupid that you should be banned.
Your work is so low grade, you should either quit, or move to a less challenging topic.
Also, as I have previously mentioned, you quote Mill, but you don't have the slightest idea about what he said.
Even as 'The Goon Show' it's 5th rate.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #18 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 9:32pm

lol

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #19 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 4:57pm

hehe.

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #20 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 5:00pm

Quote:
Soren wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 3:46pm:

The more I read of what you guys churn out, the more I realise how hard it is to make a living.
Come on,  who could buy this story? You have been corrected on your argument on several occasions on the absurdity, exampled by where you rave on a bit then arrive at the opposite conclusion from which you started.
Another poster observed that what you were saying was so stupid that you should be banned.
Your work is so low grade, you should either quit, or move to a less challenging topic.
Also, as I have previously mentioned, you quote Mill, but you don't have the slightest idea about what he said.
Even as 'The Goon Show' it's 5th rate.

There's no refutation there, just sloganeering. Can you mount a credible counter-argument?

IP Logged

mutation

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 12:20am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 4:37am:
Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Oct 10th, 2012 at 6:11pm:
For Islam to be completely subdued or eradicated in the West, it will come down to converting or 'deprogramming' the left. Islam is only in Western countries because of the moral relativism of the left. Their naive utopianism, brought on by their idiotic education which gives sympathy and pity for anything that happens to be in a minority, is the only thing that keep these barbarians here.
Once the left is converted or 'deprogrammed' back to seeing the superiority of Western, liberal values, then there will be no opposition to the Islamic menace.

The "left"? What kind of paranoia is that? Do you think abbott would throw all the muslims out of australia?

SOB

No because he is effectively Left as well. Though probably not from where your standing

IP Logged

mutation

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 12:25am

mutation wrote on Oct 10th, 2012 at 11:34pm:
For Islam to be completely subdued or eradicated in the West, it will come down to converting or 'deprogramming' the left. Islam is only in Western countries because of the moral relativism of the left. Their naive utopianism, brought on by their idiotic education which gives sympathy and pity for anything that happens to be in a minority, is the only thing that keep these barbarians here.
Once the left is converted or 'deprogrammed' back to seeing the superiority of Western, liberal values, then there will be no opposition to the Islamic menace.

Best post I have seen so far on this forum!
By convert i hope you mean into some kind of organic fertilizer! Im not at all sure they are just programmed I think they are actually broken!

Cheers.

Most reasonable of you but that would be the equivalent of a surgeon removing half a malignant cancer and hoping for the best!

IP Logged

mutation

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 12:27am

magpie wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 7:33am:

By convert i hope you mean into some kind of organic fertilizer! Im not at all sure they are just programmed I think they are actually broken!

Quote:

you've got your beanie on wrong way around!
take it off, or turn it so the holes line up with the eyes, nose and mouth, then read.
you see, it makes  the world of difference..

Is that what passes for wit in your world?

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #24 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 4:31am

mutation wrote on Oct 16th, 2012 at 12:20am:

The "left"? What kind of paranoia is that? Do you think abbott would throw all the muslims out of australia?

SOB

No because he is effectively Left as well. Though probably not from where your standing

You obviously dont know the definition of "left".

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #25 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 10:53am

Defending Islam, with violence: Trial of Salafist man rivets GermanyThe judge asks him to "imagine you are a policeman and it’s your job to ensure order. In your eyes, would you be a justified target?"

"Yes," says Murat K., continuing: "The German state allows caricatures of Muhammad to be shown, so the police are automatically involved."

But what if a Court said it was okay for the caricatures to be shown, the judge asked. "Your values make it possible to insult the Prophet. Islam prohibits that. The price for doing that in Islam is the death sentence. You have your freedom of opinion, but as a Muslim, a believer, Islam must be my opinion."

It was at this point that Judge Reinhoff asked: "You have to use violence to defend Islamic values?" and Murat K. replied: "Yes, of course."

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1701565/Defending-Islam-with-violence-Trial-o...

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 11:51am

mutation wrote on Oct 16th, 2012 at 12:25am:

Cheers.

Most reasonable of you but that would be the equivalent of a surgeon removing half a malignant cancer and hoping for the best!

I don't think you can completely do away with the lefty "anti-authority, woe is me I'm oppressed" position. Recalcitrants of this flavour have probably existed from time immemorial. It's just today that it's encouraged and presents itself as morality incarnate. But it can be severely limited. You just stop feeding it and propping it up with money. Then, launch a long, slow campaign of 'marching (back) through the institutions.'

IP Logged

mutation

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 10:21pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 16th, 2012 at 4:31am:
mutation wrote on Oct 16th, 2012 at 12:20am:

SOB

You obviously dont know the definition of "left".

SOB

Im talking prom the perspective of policy and results. They may be motivated bu a different ideology but the end result is indistinguishable from Labor so if it looks like sh1t and smells like sh1t and sticks to you boot then im willing to call it sh1t!

IP Logged

mutation

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 10:25pm

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Oct 16th, 2012 at 11:51am:
I don't think you can completely do away with the lefty "anti-authority, woe is me I'm oppressed" position. Recalcitrants of this flavour have probably existed from time immemorial. It's just today that it's encouraged and presents itself as morality incarnate. But it can be severely limited. You just stop feeding it and propping it up with money. Then, launch a long, slow campaign of 'marching (back) through the institutions.'

Perhaps keep a few for entertainment or for the kids to throw rocks at or test medicines on but a few Stalin type purges are seriously in order. I dont see how they can complain either its not like im not proposing exactly what got them to where they are now. Reciprocity is a wonderful  thing!

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #29 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 5:39am

If you want to completely eradicate islam i suggest we are fair about it and completely eradicate all religion.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print