Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 20
Send Topic Print
Muslim unemployment rates in Australia (Read 54999 times)
Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Muslim unemployment rates in Australia
Oct 15th, 2012 at 8:41pm

Why do muslims have higher unemployment rates Abu,can you give us your thoughts on this

Quote:
In 2006, only 57% of muslim males were employed.
The unemployment rate for muslim males was more than double that of the total population of working age.

The labor force experience of muslim females was even more divergent since almost two thirds of muslim women 63.3% were not in the labor force
Muslim women experienced a much higher rate of unemployment at over 15.1% compared to 5.3% for the total female population.
This study also shows muslim women born in Australia have a much higher employment rate compared to muslim women born overseas

Labor force status 2006-
Muslim males
Employed- 69,931
Unemployed- 10,081
Not in labor force -42,075

Muslim females
Employed- 34,310
Unemployed -6083
Not in Labor force- 69,599

Total
Employed- 104,241
Unemployed- 16,164
Not in labor force-111,674

The study is of those of working age, those who are not in the labor force would be on a disability pension or a self funded retiree.

Source-http://www.immi.gov.au/media/publications/research/_pdf/muslim-jobseekers.pdf

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Muslim unemployment rates in Australia
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 9:30pm

Its a fair question, and it deserves an honest and open discussion. But it should be discussed calmly and rationally - something which I regret to say, I have serious doubts such a discussion can be made on this forum.

Anyway, I don't know the full answer, but I have studied the first generation Lebanese community in Sydney - which is by far the largest muslim group in Australia. What I can say about this group is they arrived in Australia fleeing war, they were mostly unskilled, and for a variety of reasons (including not being classed as refugees and not getting the perks that come with that, and the neo-liberal "self help" policies of the Fraser government), they did not get the government assistance that they otherwise would have. This group has undeniably stagnated in terms of social mobility as a result. Studies have shown also that the 2nd and 3rd generations of these migrants have not improved much.

Thats just one group of many - and I'd be interested to know if this one group is whats pushing up the unemployment, or if the high unemployment rates are high across the board.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 10:11pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Oct 15th, 2012 at 8:41pm:
Why do muslims have higher unemployment rates Abu,can you give us your thoughts on this

Your own link suggests some reasons why:

Quote:
In August 2010, the United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Racial
Discrimination noted with concern reports from Australia that highlighted ‘ongoing issues
of discrimination and inequity …experienced by members of certain minority
communities including African communities, people of Asian, Middle Eastern and Muslim
background, and in particular Muslim women’ (United Nations, 2010:3).

Quote:
Muslims are often viewed as ‘other’ by employers, fellow workers or customers, resulting
in discrimination. Muslims are more likely to be unemployed than jobseekers of other
faiths.

Interestingly those whining the most about unemployed Muslims are probably also of the same ilk that would like to deny them jobs and discriminate against them.

I'd be interested in comparing studies between Muslims and non-Muslims from the same immigrant background, as well as looking at the wider issue of employment of refugees in general.

Also your highlighted text regarding women born here and not born here says a lot doesn't it? It's got very little to do with being Muslim at all.

I honestly don't see what benefit there is in linking one's religious beliefs to one's employment status. I am a Muslim, I work hard, and for me that's all that matters. Do you feel you should be answering for all the Yobbo dole bludgers who sit at home and drink piss and smoke dope all day at my expense? Based on the fact you share a cultural/religious affiliation with them?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 10:12pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 15th, 2012 at 9:30pm:
Its a fair question, and it deserves an honest and open discussion.

No it's not. It's an idiotic question that deserves to be ridiculed for the nonsensical bigoted agenda it is based around.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #4 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 10:34pm

Quote:
No it's not. It's an idiotic question that deserves to be ridiculed for the nonsensical bigoted agenda it is based around.

righto then. Continue the inane cycle of invectives that sadly characterises this forum, and throw any attempt at generating actual constructive discussion. I know there are some bigots who frequent here, but honestly, your constant feeding of the trolls by stooping to their level is just as much to blame for the sorry state of this forum. One wonders why you even bother running this forum other than to score cheap points and indulge in endless ad-homs.The point is, the question in this thread is a worthwhile topic - notwithstanding the obvious prejudicial overtones that motivated the questioner. That shouldn't matter - a legitimate question should be answered on its own merits. 

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #5 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 11:07pm

If you give oxygen to fire then you bear some responsibility for its destruction.

This thread is nothing but pure flame, there is no sincerity in these questions at all, there's no aim of making Australia a better place and all this crap, it's purely an attempt to attack Muslims, and to assign any negative aspect about any sub-set of Muslims to the whole.

If you'd like to feed such low level trash, then that's your perogative, I personally prefer not to.

If you honestly believe this thread is going to be a place for constructive discussion, then all I can say is you are naive.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #6 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 4:57am

Its pretty obvious why. Because employers are victims of the media fear campaign and are being prejudice.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 12:14pm

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 15th, 2012 at 10:11pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Oct 15th, 2012 at 8:41pm:

Your own link suggests some reasons why:

Quote:
In August 2010, the United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Racial
Discrimination noted with concern reports from Australia that highlighted ‘ongoing issues
of discrimination and inequity …experienced by members of certain minority
communities including African communities, people of Asian, Middle Eastern and Muslim
background, and in particular Muslim women’ (United Nations, 2010:3).

Quote:
Muslims are often viewed as ‘other’ by employers, fellow workers or customers, resulting
in discrimination. Muslims are more likely to be unemployed than jobseekers of other
faiths.

I'd be interested in comparing studies between Muslims and non-Muslims from the same immigrant background, as well as looking at the wider issue of employment of refugees in general.

Also your highlighted text regarding women born here and not born here says a lot doesn't it? It's got very little to do with being Muslim at all.

I am a Muslim, I work hard, and for me that's all that matters. Do you feel you should be answering for all the Yobbo dole bludgers who sit at home and drink piss and smoke dope all day at my expense?

The UN made a mistake in claiming muslims suffer from racial discrimination, since when did muslims become a race?
Muslims are not a race of people in fact muslims come from all races even white people like Jihad Jane, there are many hadeeth that say Muhammad was white.

Islam is not a race either it is an ideology a set of beliefs that guide life for muslims, the report did have about half of the muslims saying racism was not a factor in why they didnt get the job

Do you think it is pathetic to play the race card when muslims are not even a race of people, they come from all races?

As for immigrants from the same country with differing religions we could look at the muslim and maronite christian Lebanese to see which one integrates better,Sheikh Hilaly represents the sunni Lebanese and we know all about the strife they have been in.

As for boat people refugees the government has already done a study on refugees and employment,83.5% of them are still on centrelink up to 5 years after arriving in Australia for some reason they did not mention how many are on the pension(page 20)
Those who do not speak english have a 100% unemployment rate, many even said there were not enough hours in the day to learn english despite being unemployed.
http://www.immi.gov.au/media/publications/research/_pdf/settlement-outcomes-new-...

I work and even if i lost my job i would not qualify for the dole due to having considerably more than $3K in the bank as well as dividends from the stockmarket.
If you look at the threads in this forum with those asking for the dole to be raised you might discover i suggest getting a job and remind people the dole was never meant to be a lifestyle choice.

So what percentage of muslims in the cited survey said they have no desire to work did you read that part?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #8 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 12:19pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 16th, 2012 at 4:57am:
Its pretty obvious why. Because employers are victims of the media fear campaign and are being prejudice.

SOB

Ah of course.  It's obviously solely due to discrimination.  Isn't it always?

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #9 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 12:28pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Oct 16th, 2012 at 12:14pm:
since when did muslims become a race?

modern day racism is not about race. There has been a lot of literature in recent years exploring the  behaviour that mirrors racism, but is not actually directed against any particular "race" of people - and yes, this includes against muslims. Not that anyone can really define what race actually means anyway. Its an outdated 19th century term.

Quote:

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #10 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 12:31pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 16th, 2012 at 12:28pm:

modern day racism is not about race. There has been a lot of literature in recent years exploring the  behaviour that mirrors racism, but is not actually directed against any particular "race" of people - and yes, this includes against muslims. Not that anyone can really define what race actually means anyway. Its an outdated 19th century term.

Still falls into the same ingroup/outgroup dichotomy everyone draws.  And yes, I do mean everyone.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 12:45pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 16th, 2012 at 12:28pm:

Muslims are not a race of people, muslims come from every race including white people.

Muslims follow Islam which is an ideology a set of beliefs that guide life for muslims it has nothing to do with genetics.

Muslims are unable to counter critics so they claim racism to shut down any debates on Islam.

Islamophobia is another word that does not appear in any medical journals despite the fact phobias are a medical condition.
Islam is an ideology a set of beliefs it is a fallacy that one can be phobic of beliefs.

As for defining words you could use a dictionary.

IP Logged

Adamant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #12 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 12:59pm

Hey Baron its the same in the UK. I think its built into their psyche because they were so used to invading and stealing what they wanted. If you have ever been to Dubai you notice nearly all the workers are imported. Don't know how they will get on when the oil runs out.

"Daily Telegraph reported in 2012 that 75% of all Muslim women are unemployed while 50% of all Muslim men are unemployed - rise from 13% for men and 18% for women in 2004. Muslims are also on sick leave more than anyone else, with 24% of females and 21% of males claiming a disability (2001 figures). Muslims are the most likely among all religious groups to be living in accommodation rented from the council or housing association (28%); 4% live rent-free (2004 figures). As if this is not enough, the total prison population in the UK amongst category A and B criminals (the worse crimes) is now 35-39% Muslim".

http://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2012/10/09/uk-britain-sinking-under-weight-o...

In real life Gandalf is known as Mr 10%

IP Logged

Big Dave
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 4:06pm

Coming home from work on a friday (which is about 1.30pm) my brother and I always say this same  thing when we pass our local mosque- It's packed, they must not work. Seriously though , if you neglect your schooling because it's kafir rubbish then what do they expect. I'd put money on it that Abu is a dole bludger too.

IP Logged

Adamant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #14 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 7:10pm

This is a great stat that all muslim apologists will ignore like the plague. Hey Abu Rashid it is from Wiki leaks too so it has to be true!

"According to a poll of 600 Muslim and 800 non-Muslim students at thirty universities throughout the UK conducted by the Centre for Social Cohesion (CSC), as reported ref B, 32 percent of Muslims on UK campuses believe killing in the name of religion is justified",

Well F Me look at the scum we let through!

http://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/statistics/uk-muslim-statistics/

In real life Gandalf is known as Mr 10%

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 20
Send Topic Print