Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Beware the Teaparty Downunder. (Read 13909 times)
MOTR
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Beware the Teaparty Downunder.
Feb 20th, 2013 at 4:13am

Quote:
We’ve heard this garbage before, but we’re used to hearing it from right wing crazy people here in America.  But when a prominent politician and possible PM hopeful in Australia echoes Freedomworks‘ anti-Science stance on global climate change, it is cause for alarm.   Tony Abbott pictured here, has gone on the record saying:   ‘‘I don’t think we can say that the science is settled here’’ He went on to question whether ‘‘emissions are quite the problem that some people say they are’’, and argued, ‘‘whether carbon dioxide is quite the environmental villain that some people make it out to be is not yet proven.”   This is contrary to the findings of roughly 97% of climate scientists who study the effects of man-made pollutants on our global ecosphere.

There are code words the conservatives in the U.S. often use to indicate they are anti-science and pro-big business, with little regard for the environment and health of their people and wildlife.  Mr. Abbott takes a page out of the GOP playbook and uses the catchphrase, “the climate change-science is far from settled” here:

In order to appear as equally sexist, misogynistic and bigoted as his American Teaparty counterparts, Tony Abbott has a rich history of chauvinistic bullying in his C.V.  His attempt at mirroring candidates like “legitimate rape” failed Missouri Senate candidate Todd Akin are evident in this quote:  ”When it comes from Julia (Gillard, the unmarried, current PM) , ‘No’ doesn’t mean ‘No’,” his choice of that charged term was completely intentional, and part of a nasty, subterranean agenda. He often refers to the current PM, Ms. Gillard, as unqualified on matters of family as she has no children.  He appeals to the farthest right wing elements of his country and to think a man of Abbott’s transparent motives has a such great odds at winning in September is quite disturbing to many Australians.

http://vegasjessie.com/2013/02/17/beware-the-teaparty-down-under-abbott-is-a-wol...

Interesting analysis of Abbott from a blogger in the US. Yes, folks, Abbott's dog whistling is that obvious.

He's a veritable pied piper.

« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2013 at 4:23am by MOTR »  

Hunt says Coalition accepts IPCC findings

"What does this mean? It means that we need to do practical things that actually reduce emissions."

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Re: Beware the Teaparty Downunder.
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 4:44am

This is the problem in australia. The labour party is so far right that the libs extreme right is tea partyish to be right of labour. Its scary that idiots would vote for them. In fact australia is full of sheep. We need new choices and should be rioting to get them.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 6:16am

You link the most stupid blogs.

What Abbott is supposedly quoted as saying, is true in the real world.

True
‘‘I don’t think we can say that the science is settled here’’

True
He went on to question whether ‘‘emissions are quite the problem that some people say they are’’, and argued, ‘‘whether carbon dioxide is quite the environmental villain that some people make it out to be is not yet proven.”   

True
Ms. Gillard, as unqualified on matters of family as she has no children

False and a Lie
This is contrary to the findings of roughly 97% of climate scientists

IP Logged

Rider
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OnTheRoad
Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 6:22am

Any article or post that espouses that old 97% fraud is an immediate FAIL.

IP Logged

MOTR
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 6:22am

It's an opinion, progs. Just because you disagree with the sentiments is neither here nor there.

What is interesting is that a self proclaimed anthropogenic global warming denier as yourself feels that Tony's position is aligned with yours. We can not afford a leader who is blind to the dangers of carbon emissions. We can't afford a leader who dog whistles the anti science brigade.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2013 at 6:29am by MOTR »  

Hunt says Coalition accepts IPCC findings

"What does this mean? It means that we need to do practical things that actually reduce emissions."

IP Logged

BlOoDy RiPpEr
Gold Member

aussie-patriot.com

Sydney
Reply #5 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 7:35am

Looks like someone has been taking notes from Mr Swan. Tea party, your kidding right.. most people in Australia would not even understand the reference. Next you will be referencing Swans lipstick on pit bulls.

host of the aussie-patriot.com site
IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 7:40am

MOTR wrote on Feb 20th, 2013 at 6:22am:
It's an opinion, progs. Just because you disagree with the sentiments is neither here nor there.

What is interesting is that a self proclaimed anthropogenic global warming denier as yourself feels that Tony's position is aligned with yours. We can not afford a leader who is blind to the dangers of carbon emissions. We can't afford a leader who dog whistles the anti science brigade.

Sure thing corporate whitey

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 8:14am

MOTR wrote on Feb 20th, 2013 at 6:22am:

we cannot afford a leader that is so blind as to accept the ACC hypothesis without question. and the prospect of 20 years of no warming certinly does indicate that the ACC hypothesis is at the very best, wildly overstated. IN any other discipline you would just accept that the hypothesis is false.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 8:19am

Sad to see the yanks understand Tony better than most Australians .... I can only hope, that if he wins the election,  the damage he does to the country is reversible

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #9 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 8:24am

John Smith wrote on Feb 20th, 2013 at 8:19am:
Sad to see the yanks understand Tony better than most Australians .... I can only hope, that if he wins the election,  the damage he does to the country is reversible

What is sad to see is Labor only getting 17% in Tasmania

Bill 14% is not the alcohol content of that wine. It's your poll number

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 8:25am

Maqqa wrote on Feb 20th, 2013 at 8:24am:

Tasmania ....  where's that?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 8:34am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Feb 20th, 2013 at 4:44am:
This is the problem in australia. The labour party is so far right that the libs extreme right is tea partyish to be right of labour. Its scary that idiots would vote for them. In fact australia is full of sheep. We need new choices and should be rioting to get them.

SOB

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Feb 20th, 2013 at 5:50am:
Why do you trolls always try to assign partisan politics to me?

SOB

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #12 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 8:43am

Soren wrote on Feb 20th, 2013 at 8:34am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Feb 20th, 2013 at 4:44am:

SOB

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Feb 20th, 2013 at 5:50am:
Why do you trolls always try to assign partisan politics to me?

SOB

Hahahaha because i dont like any of them?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #13 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 8:43am

Maqqa wrote on Feb 20th, 2013 at 8:24am:

What the heck has that got to do with the thread?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Feb 20th, 2013 at 9:00am

MOTR wrote on Feb 20th, 2013 at 4:13am:
Quote:
He often refers to the current PM, Ms. Gillard, as unqualified on matters of family as she has no children.

Just out of curiosity - how exactly is Gillard qualified to speak on matters of family in the sense of being a parent and having kids and so forth? Or at least, how is she equally qualified, compared to someone who is actually a parent?
Would you take family/parenting advice from any other industrial lawyer/union official?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print