Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22
Send Topic Print
White women breaking with convention? (Read 71289 times)
Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: White women breaking with convention?
Reply #90 - May 14th, 2013 at 11:36pm

Soren wrote on May 14th, 2013 at 10:08pm:
miketrees wrote on May 14th, 2013 at 6:06pm:
My dog recons we are all just bald monkeys, has no idea what the fuss is about

What a bitch.

But back to the point (or one of the points) raised. Here's an eye opener for all the dozy ones (you know who you are):

Read through the megazillion words on class, income mobility, and poverty in the recent New York Times series “Class Matters” and you still won’t grasp two of the most basic truths on the subject: 1. entrenched, multigenerational poverty is largely black; and 2. it is intricately intertwined with the collapse of the nuclear family in the inner city.

By now, these facts shouldn’t be hard to grasp. Almost
70 percent of black children
are born to single mothers. Those mothers are far more likely than married mothers to be poor, even after a post-welfare-reform decline in child poverty. They are also more likely to pass that poverty on to their children. Sophisticates often try to dodge the implications of this bleak reality by shrugging that single motherhood is an inescapable fact of modern life, affecting everyone from the bobo Murphy Browns to the ghetto “baby mamas.” Not so; it is a largely low-income—and disproportionately black—phenomenon. The vast majority of higher-income women wait to have their children until they are married. The truth is that we are now a two-family nation, separate and unequal—one thriving and intact, and the other struggling, broken, and far too often African-American.

http://www.city-journal.org/html/15_3_black_family.html

Read it all. It is long, detailed, researched, documented.

Doesn't matter how long, detailed, and researched a document is Soren; if it's read by a mind with blinkers. But don't hold back, tell us your conclusions. Grin

"It is in the shelter of each other that the people live" - Irish Proverb

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #91 - May 14th, 2013 at 11:57pm

Though they always caution that “marriage is not a panacea,” social scientists almost uniformly accept the research that confirms the benefits for children growing up with their own married parents. Welfare reform and tougher child-support regulations have reinforced the message of personal responsibility for one’s children. The Bush administration unabashedly uses the word “marriage” in its welfare policies. There are even raw numbers to support the case for optimism: teen pregnancy, which finally started to decline in the mid-nineties in response to a crisper, teen-pregnancy-is-a-bad-idea cultural message, is now at its lowest rate ever.

And finally, in the ghetto itself there is a growing feeling that mother-only families don’t work. That’s why people are lining up to see an aging comedian as he voices some not-very-funny opinions about their own parenting. That’s why so many young men are vowing to be the fathers they never had. That’s why there has been an uptick, albeit small, in the number of black children living with their married parents.

If change really is in the air, it’s taken 40 years to get here—40 years of inner-city misery for the country to reach a point at which it fully signed on to the lesson of Moynihan’s report. Yes, better late than never; but you could forgive lost generations of ghetto men, women, and children if they found it cold comfort.

IP Logged

Chard
Gold Member

Mein Führer! I can walk!

Alabama, USA
Reply #92 - May 15th, 2013 at 12:23am

Lord Herbert wrote on May 14th, 2013 at 10:40am:
It's a debating/discussion forum ~ so why not address the issues I raised instead of dismissing it all as 'bullshit' and then running away?

What claims?  So farthe only things you've made a claim on is you dislike the idea of mixed race couples and the only reason I can find for why that is has o do with you being a bigoted shithead. But sure, go ahead and try to make a coherent argument and I'll have fun setting fire to it.

Lord Herbert wrote on May 14th, 2013 at 10:40am:
All I'm asking you to do is put down that ball and be a little more specific in answering the issues I've raised.

What issues?  All you've said is "black guys dating white women is bad because, um... Because I said so!"

Quote:
I was only asking the question as to why it is that suddenly there's this fashion of hanging a white girl off your black arm, or conversely, hanging a black dood off yo white arm.

Where the f*ck have you been for the last forty or fifty years, under a rock? This isn't even a remotely new thing. There's no suddenness to this unless you've been intentionally ignoring it or you're so hilariously sheltered my dropping the f-bomb might make you faint.

Quote:
Why do I get the distinct feeling it's all a fashion statement?

Probably has more to do with you being an oblivious bigoted asshole than anything else.i
[/quote]

Deterrence is the art of producing in the mind of the enemy... the FEAR to attack.

IP Logged

Chard
Gold Member

Mein Führer! I can walk!

Alabama, USA
Reply #93 - May 15th, 2013 at 12:29am

Lord Herbert wrote on May 14th, 2013 at 11:06am:
Chard wrote on May 14th, 2013 at 9:39am:
As we say back on the block... black person, please.

With this one sentence you've just lost all moral credibility as a mentor on the subject of racism.

Coming from a socksniffing dumbshit that honestly believes mixed-race couples are a recent fad I'm gonna call bullshit. Have you ever actually been the target of serious racism? Somehow I doubt a white boy from a country as racially homogenous as Australia has any first had experience with the subject other than from the perspective of being racist.

Quote:
You've just demonstrated your own stereotyping of Negroes as being deserving of the pejorative and insulting term of 'black person'.

You yourself are now guilty of displaying a racist and demeaning attitude towards people of Negro birth.

Yes, the black guy is insensitive to the plight of black people... Roll Eyes

Or you're just a smacking idiot desperately trying to backpeddle from the black guy you managed to offend with your racist assholerly.

Quote:
I think you owe us an apology.

I'll apologize the second your mother apologizes for not swallowing and save the rest of us the hassle of actually interacting with you. Deal?i
[/quote]

Deterrence is the art of producing in the mind of the enemy... the FEAR to attack.

IP Logged

Chard
Gold Member

Mein Führer! I can walk!

Alabama, USA
Reply #94 - May 15th, 2013 at 12:48am

Grey wrote on May 14th, 2013 at 12:56pm:
Chard wrote on May 14th, 2013 at 9:39am:
Grey wrote on May 14th, 2013 at 1:42am:
Chard wrote on May 14th, 2013 at 12:14am:
Aussie wrote on May 13th, 2013 at 10:40pm:
[quote]You'd hate my unnatural black ass then. My Pop's family is from Norway, my Mom is Jamiacan, I'm American and I'm married to a white woman from England. I must be the winning combo for your bigot bingo.

Go you good thaing!  Dunno what Herbert will make of that given he is a bloke who cannot comprehend the sheer banality of a red bloke marrying a purple sheila, or to be more accurate, a blue sheila with a yellow bloke as her trophy. 

Cheesy

So if he found out that I've bedded more white woman than he has it'd be recieved poorly?

Well why would it? By your evidence you are almost certainly more white than black, bearing in mind that there's a lot of white in most Jamaicans. Sure there's a lot of black Norwegians these days, though not in your pops generation. [€/quote]

My point was about Herby's bullshit about mixed-race people. I'm not just visably African-American, mixed-race, and my white wife means I'm set to start the Mocha Master Race. As I have made clear, I have a thing for ladies of the Caucasian persuasion, so imagine how hilarious I found this thread by some white guy whining about us darkies stealin' all da white wimmins. This quality of racist assholery is hard to find in the US now, so it's refreshing to see people that unashamedly bigoted.

My point in saying that Chard, was to have people think about how it is that people who might well genetically be 90% AngloSaxon, but have some extra melination in their skin, invariably identify with 'people of colour'.

In some societies, sure. In mine if you look like a duck, quack like a duck, and tend to hang around other ducks we think "must be a duck" and not "it's part goose". Skin tone plays a fairly important part in how we perceive others, how we develop relationships with others, and what social groups we interact with.

Quote:
I'll go further, I was often the only white at Jamaican parties. I picked up a few looks, but once the people that knew me 'had a word' I was never once made unwelcome. But when I brought along Jamaican friends to white parties, it just didn't work the same. Not that all the white friends I had were racists, but there were some.

Yeah, now imagine that instead of bringing a black person to a party full of whites that you're the black person and instead of a party it's your day-to-day experience. I was lucky in that I grew up in some of the more ethnically integrated parts of the US. Still didn't stop me from getting called a nigg*r by racist assholes, it just meant it happened less frequently than if I'd lived in more ethnically isolated areas.

Quote:
Believe it or not I'd think, 'wow, hot chick'. Skin melination doesn't mean more to me than tall/short fat/thin.

That's because you're not a racist asshole. Pussy is pussy and skin tone doesn't really mean any thing more than paint color does on a car.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #95 - May 15th, 2013 at 5:02am

Lord Herbert wrote on May 13th, 2013 at 9:06pm:
... wrote on May 13th, 2013 at 8:55pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on May 13th, 2013 at 8:16pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on May 13th, 2013 at 5:50pm:
Why isn't there a similar roll-call of celebrity white men sporting black women on their arms?

You mean like, George Lucas, David Bowie, Roger Ebert, Robert De Niro, Robin Thicke, Paul Wall ... ?

Had to scrape pretty deep to dig that lot out. 

I've had to dump David Bowie from the list. As a screaming queer, him having a 'wife' is a fraud and a farce ~ same as it was for Elton John and John Travolta.

You are worse than i thought. So you think what you think counts over the ppl concerned think? If david bowie has a life partner then he has a life partner.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #96 - May 15th, 2013 at 5:11am

Lord Herbert wrote on May 14th, 2013 at 4:21pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 14th, 2013 at 11:11am:
[quote author=Herbert link=1368431427/73#73 date=1368493594]
I think you owe us an apology.

Especially to the ladies here. Kat and Anthrax.

1) I dont think kat is female

Then a bit of moderating would be in order. Displaying the wrong gender symbol should be outlawed.

Why?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #97 - May 15th, 2013 at 8:25am

Chard wrote on May 15th, 2013 at 12:23am:
[quote author=Herbert link=1368431427/72#72 date=1368492015]
So farthe only things you've made a claim on is you dislike the idea of mixed race couples and the only reason I can find for why that is has o do with you being a bigoted shithead. But sure, go ahead and try to make a coherent argument and I'll have fun setting fire to it.

*ahem* If I may interrupt the showboating and moralising, he only made an observation - never did he say he disliked it. 

Carry on, someone might be watching.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #98 - May 15th, 2013 at 9:21am

Even though these are African-Americans, I still think it's a cultural phenomenon to do with a shared social environment that lends itself to this sort of generational self-defeating outcome.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #99 - May 15th, 2013 at 9:24am

Lord Herbert wrote on May 15th, 2013 at 9:21am:
Even though these are African-Americans, I still think it's a cultural phenomenon to do with a shared social environment that lends itself to this sort of generational self-defeating outcome.

So, I guess you'd prefer to bring back apartheid.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #100 - May 15th, 2013 at 9:34am

... wrote on May 15th, 2013 at 8:25am:
Chard wrote on May 15th, 2013 at 12:23am:
[quote author=Herbert link=1368431427/72#72 date=1368492015]
So farthe only things you've made a claim on is you dislike the idea of mixed race couples and the only reason I can find for why that is has o do with you being a bigoted shithead. But sure, go ahead and try to make a coherent argument and I'll have fun setting fire to it.

*ahem* If I may interrupt the showboating and moralising, he only made an observation - never did he say he disliked it. 

Well spotted. Go to the top of the class. I'm making you dux for the day.

Defensive paranoia has distorted his objectivity with regard to what I've said.

Some of my best friends are Negroes married to white women.
(That's an official lie ~ but it would be true if I got out more. It's only for want of getting out more that this isn't the case).

I think racial ghettoes are unhealthy and defeatist, and so I encourage cross-pollination between the races.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #101 - May 15th, 2013 at 11:57am

Quote:
I think racial ghettoes are unhealthy and defeatist, and so I encourage cross-pollination between the races.

The sudden silence is deafening. I can hear an echo in here.

So, Chard, I think you should put that ball down and apologise to me.

As migrants to Melanoma Central, we in Australia are all destined to become coffee-coloured anyway as a Darwinian Survival Technique for surviving the sun's damaging rays.

If we don't all look like Abos in a thousand years time ~ they'll be none of us albinos left.

Cool

And frankly, I'm tired of being the brunt of racist taunts from our Sydney Abos, immigrant Indians, and Pacific Islanders.

"Hey honkey! Get off my turf! This OUR hood, dog!"

I get it all the time.

My local MP slams the phone down every time I try to talk to him about this constant racial harassment.

And I'm tired of our coloured taxi drivers not stopping for me. I've complained, but no one wants to know.

And in some of the outer parts of Sydney the privately owned bus companies still make us white folk sit at the back with the caged chickens and ducks on the way to market.

I believe there's a movie under production now called 'Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?' It stars Morgan Freeman whose daughter unexpectedly brings home a white man to dinner. The mother's played by Whoopi Goldberg. There's a lot of tension beneath the superficial civility.

« Last Edit: May 15th, 2013 at 12:15pm by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #102 - May 15th, 2013 at 12:09pm

Sure, you said this:

Quote:

And you also said this......the direct opposite.

Quote:
I still think it's a cultural phenomenon to do with a shared social environment that lends itself to this sort of generational self-defeating outcome.

I think Brian is right.  You are trolling.

Cheesy

IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #103 - May 15th, 2013 at 12:46pm

Aussie wrote on May 15th, 2013 at 12:09pm:
Sure, you said this:

Quote:

And you also said this......the direct opposite.

Quote:
I still think it's a cultural phenomenon to do with a shared social environment that lends itself to this sort of generational self-defeating outcome.

I think Brian is right.  You are trolling.

Cheesy

Is there a difference between trolling and being an agente provocateur? I'm in two minds. I used to want to ban racists, but now I think there's a lot to be said for letting them out in the open where they can be stamped on; and I don't mind much if somebody wants to lure them out from under the rock.

"It is in the shelter of each other that the people live" - Irish Proverb

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #104 - May 15th, 2013 at 1:24pm

Grey wrote on May 15th, 2013 at 12:46pm:
I used to want to ban racists, but now I think there's a lot to be said for letting them out in the open where they can be stamped on; and I don't mind much if somebody wants to lure them out from under the rock.

I think you're being a bit naive on the subject of racism, but to your credit you have been open and honest about your naive infatuation with the crank ideology of anarchism.

There are various categories of 'racism' ~ with not all of them leading to the gas chambers.

Just recently it was reported that London's white population has become a minority.

And let's get this right: It's not just about race.

So let's more accurately paraphrase what was reported.

London's white population has become a minority in a demographic where the majority identify themselves as foreigners - born there or not.

They're 'Jamaicans', or 'Nigerians', or 'Pakistanis', or 'Indians', or 'Middle Easterners' ....

But if a white Anglo-Saxon Brit should happen to express even a hint of reservation and hesitancy about this foreign invasion of his homeland capital not being entirely a cause for unbridled celebration ~ then he soon finds himself being trounced upon by the One Worlders and the Social-Marxist idealists as we have seen crawl out of the woodwork here.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22
Send Topic Print