Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 38
Send Topic Print
Muslims want to silence and intimidate you (Read 79999 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Muslims want to silence and intimidate you
Reply #405 - Apr 29th, 2014 at 7:00pm

Quote:
My point? But, FD, I’m just asking a question.

Would it be reasonable to describe answering your question as pointless?

Quote:
Clearly, if you don’t support the nationalist Communist takeover of South Vietnam, you support the torture chambers, mass executions, killings of POWs, and rampant systemic corruption of the former South Vietnamese government. You’ve made this point several times - for several pages. You often raise the deaths of 800 prisoners of war. Almost daily, if I’m not mistaken.

Do you see anyone extolling these deeds as noble examples for all mankind to follow? I can show you Muslims doing this for Muhammed slaughtering 800 POWs in one day. That is the difference between making a point as asking a stupid question.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #406 - Apr 29th, 2014 at 7:08pm

Tell me freediver, does Islam really scare you or make you concerned enough for you to question it because most or lots of lefties are quite sympathetic to muslims as some defenceless, unfairly criticised minority, i dont know if its out of true sympathy or FEAR OF THEM,

But lefties would never kick Islam the way they kick christianity dont you think ??????

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #407 - Apr 29th, 2014 at 7:31pm

Western lefties generally don't kick it because they are unfamiliar with it. They associate it with minority issues. Muslim proponents of Islam do their best to associate it with minority issues and claim victimhood on behalf of Islam and Muslims, while at the same time trying to conceal the nastier aspects of Islam in various ways.

Foreign lefties don't kick it because if they did they would get their head chopped off.

Islam is the greatest modern barrier to the march of freedom and democracy. Millions of people around the world live in poverty and oppression (and a few with great wealth and oppression) because of Islam.

Some criticism of Islam is unfair. Some is entirely deserved. Hopefully the distinction is becoming clearer as people become more familiar with Islam.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #408 - Apr 29th, 2014 at 8:45pm

freediver wrote on Apr 29th, 2014 at 7:00pm:
Quote:
My point? But, FD, I’m just asking a question.

Would it be reasonable to describe answering your question as pointless?

Quote:
Clearly, if you don’t support the nationalist Communist takeover of South Vietnam, you support the torture chambers, mass executions, killings of POWs, and rampant systemic corruption of the former South Vietnamese government. You’ve made this point several times - for several pages. You often raise the deaths of 800 prisoners of war. Almost daily, if I’m not mistaken.

Do you see anyone extolling these deeds as noble examples for all mankind to follow? I can show you Muslims doing this for Muhammed slaughtering 800 POWs in one day. That is the difference between making a point as asking a stupid question.

I see. So you disagree with the killing of 800 POWs in the name of Islam. But you agree with hundreds of thousands tortured and executed by South Vietnam’s Diem government in the name of Freedom, demokracy  and nation building.

Sorry, exporting.

And - and -  the execution of over a million Indonesians by the Suharto government with US bullets in the name of the same.

Indonesia’s per capita GDP is $3556.76, more than double that of Vietnam.

Would you like to pick the next East Asian country, FD, or shall I?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #409 - Apr 29th, 2014 at 9:00pm

stryder wrote on Apr 29th, 2014 at 7:08pm:
Tell me freediver, does Islam really scare you or make you concerned enough for you to question it because most or lots of lefties are quite sympathetic to muslims as some defenceless, unfairly criticised minority, i dont know if its out of true sympathy or FEAR OF THEM,

But lefties would never kick Islam the way they kick christianity dont you think ??????

Glad you phrased that as a question, Stryder.

FD’s retort below should satisfy your curiousity. The greatest barrier to Freedom and demokracy.

We’ve done the East Indies. Shall we move onto Malaya?

Your call, FD. You did ask, remember.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #410 - Apr 29th, 2014 at 9:04pm

Do you have a point Karnal? Or are you just asking a serious of stupid questions?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #411 - Apr 29th, 2014 at 9:08pm

A point? But FD, you asked me to describe which countries. We’re going through them one by one as you requested.

Would you like to discuss Malaya now, or would you prefer another country?

You choose. Remember, there are no right or wrong answers - or stupid questions.

That would be veering into Aussie-style Fascism, remember.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #412 - Apr 29th, 2014 at 9:12pm

freediver wrote on Apr 27th, 2014 at 9:11pm:
Quote:
No, "we" failed because we aided and funded dictatorships in almost every state we liberated in WWII.

Would you mind listing them?

So list them. Explain how we failed.

Many of these countries are democracies today, functioning to various extents, because of western influence. You seem to be playing an elaborate game of shifting the goal posts. I say seem, because so far you have not managed to string together a coherent argument, merely a series of ever more stupid questions.

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 27th, 2014 at 12:05am:
But you really must learn to address the substance of an argument if you want to be taken seriously.

And we all know you do, poor dear. We all know you do.

freediver wrote on Apr 27th, 2014 at 9:10am:
Quote:
But you really must learn to address the substance of an argument if you want to be taken seriously.

Good advice Karnal.

« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2014 at 9:18pm by freediver »  

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #413 - Apr 29th, 2014 at 9:26pm

But, FD, you’ve only answered one question about South Korea - a stirring answer too. Why won’t you answer the rest?

Would you rather a different kind of list? How would you like to do this?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #414 - Apr 29th, 2014 at 9:29pm

freediver wrote on Apr 27th, 2014 at 8:09pm:
I think the discussion is really about 'the source of wealth in the modern world'.

Good point, FD. We can include per capita GDP in our discussion of Freedom and demokracy.

How does the richest country in South East Asia square up?

IP Logged

True Colours
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #415 - Apr 29th, 2014 at 9:56pm

freediver wrote on Apr 29th, 2014 at 7:31pm:
... Millions of people around the world live in poverty and oppression (and a few with great wealth and oppression) because of Islam...

That is garbage. When Arabia actually had a well-established Islamic system 1400 years ago, poverty was almost completely eradicated to the point that the government was forced to spend alms that it collected on financing young men to be married instead of feeding the poor because not enough poor could be found in the state.

Trade thrived in the Middle East under the Islamic state due to security and  peace, taxes were lower than they had ever been before, and their was system of wealth redistribution - transfers of government to the poor and needy.

The Islamic state offered freedom unknown to the world before. It was illegal to force anyone to convert to Islam. The Quran says:

"There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path..."
- The Quran, al-Baqarah, v.256

"If your Lord had so willed, then everyone on Earth would have believed. Would you then compel the people in order to make them believers?"
- The Quran, Yunus, v.99

"So remind them (O Muhammad), you are only one who reminds; You are not a dictator over them"
- The Quran, al-Ghaashiyah, v.21-2

Umar bin Al-Khattab, the second Caliph of the Islamic state made a treaty with the Christians of Jerusalem with the following wording:

"This is what Umar, the Commander of the Faithful, grants to the people of Jerusalem. He grants them the safety of their persons, their churches, and their crosses… their churches will not be shut down nor destroyed.  Nothing will be taken from them or from their crosses.  They will not be compelled to abandon their faith nor shall any one of them be abused."

The Islamic state established freedoms such as the right to travel, the right to security, the right choice of employment, the right of women to choose their husbands, and to own their own property and inherit. The Islamic state also established the right of people to complain about their government and seek recourse for perceived wrongs, encouraged the freeing of slaves, and forbid injustice:

"O ye who believe! stand out firmly for God, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just; this closest to piety..."
- The Quran, al-Ma'idah v.8

"God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers."
- The Quran, al-Mumtahina v.8

"God doth command you to render back your Trusts to those to whom they are due; And when ye judge between man and man, that ye judge with justice: Verily how excellent is the teaching which He giveth you! For God is He Who heareth and seeth all things."
- The Quran, an-Nisaa v.58

"O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to God, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for God can best protect both..."
- The Quran, an-Nisaa v.135

"God commands justice, the doing Of good, and liberality to kith And kin, and He forbids All shameful deeds, and injustice And rebellion: He instructs you, That ye may receive admonition."
- The Quran, 16:90

Any injustices we see today in Muslims countries are largely the results of detonation of Islamic values over the centuries combined with European and US colonisation followed by funding and political support of military dictators.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #416 - Apr 29th, 2014 at 10:00pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 29th, 2014 at 9:29pm:
I think the discussion is really about 'the source of wealth in the modern world'.

Good point, FD. We can include per capita GDP in our discussion of Freedom and demokracy.

Singapore?  Well, it was lucky enough to have the Britannic inheritance AND smart enough to keep it and hang on to it - rather than repudiate it like the Pakis or the Burmese or any number of 'liberated' African countries.

IP Logged

True Colours
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #417 - Apr 29th, 2014 at 10:03pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 29th, 2014 at 9:29pm:

The richest country in Southeast Asia is Singapore, which is basically a system based on an inherited dictatorship - freedom of speech, and the right to protest is not guaranteed, and all domestic media is tightly controlled by the government. Singapore has many impediments to religious freedom, and embraces a thoroughly racist system with ID cards requiring race identification, and restrictions on where races can live.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #418 - Apr 29th, 2014 at 10:08pm

freediver wrote on Apr 29th, 2014 at 9:12pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 27th, 2014 at 9:10am:
Quote:

Good advice Karnal.

Thanks, FD.

Don’t want to answer your questions?

Better put yourself in the Wiki.

The richest country  in South East Asia?

Indonesia.

The richest country per capita?

Well, it alternates between the fine demokracy of Singapore and the Sultinate of Brunei.

Thanks, Uncle, and thank Gud for Freedom.

What were you saying about the greatest barrier to Freedom again?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #419 - Apr 29th, 2014 at 10:10pm

Good post TC.

No need to reply FD, I think I've got it covered for you:

blah blah blah 700 jews beheaded... blah blah blah rape pillage murder... blah blah blah 700 jews beheaded... blah blah blah warmonger thief oppression... blah blah blah - did I mention 700 beheaded jews?

rinse and repeat ad-nauseam...

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 38
Send Topic Print