Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
You views on paid parental leave.. (Read 6748 times)
warrigal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Re: You views on paid parental leave..
Reply #75 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 10:36am

Quantum wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 9:59pm:
John Smith wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 9:45pm:
why should he do without Quantum ? ... he needs the 10 bedroom house, let the smacking pensioners do without the lazy sods ... obviously they didn't work as hard as he does ...

(sarcasm)

Scary isn't it? This forum continues to amaze me. If it is not poor people like warrigal who refuses to work and expects the government to look after him, it is a well off person like Hicks who thinks the government should reward him for his success. What the hell happened to working for a wage and then living within it?

there is a big difference ignorant between a person not wanting to work and one not being let work by a system that fails them.

if you expect people to work provide jobs ignorant.

If you can create a big enough lie about someone IGNORANT people will bellieve it.

The bigger the Arshole you are on this forum, the more right you have to stay.

IP Logged

warrigal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Reply #76 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 10:40am

Quantum wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 9:59pm:
John Smith wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 9:45pm:
why should he do without Quantum ? ... he needs the 10 bedroom house, let the smacking pensioners do without the lazy sods ... obviously they didn't work as hard as he does ...

(sarcasm)

Scary isn't it? This forum continues to amaze me. If it is not poor people like warrigal who refuses to work and expects the government to look after him, it is a well off person like Hicks who thinks the government should reward him for his success. What the hell happened to working for a wage and then living within it?

there is different between a person not wanting to work and a person not let work quantum.

someone like adrei prevents people from working.

If you can create a big enough lie about someone IGNORANT people will bellieve it.

IP Logged

warrigal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Reply #77 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 10:44am

Quantum wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 10:02pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 9:53pm:
Quote:
Well Andrei.  May god help you, if you ever become unemployed.     Smiley      

Be all the pensioner you can be!

a.  take every hit the dumb clowns running the economy can give you for fifty years

b. Take every hit in every goddamned social revolution imposed on us over fifty years

c. Do every hard yard in life and end up treated like a leftover in your own country

d.  retire on a pittance and watch every entitlement princess get everything you never had free of charge

So - er - how does the pensioner lady on $19,000 get by?   About three months mortgages for Andrei's mate... couldn't run the cars at all... no trip to London to see the Queen...

Gotta love the value system by which we live......

Reminds:-  40% of the Australian workforce - not including pensioners and unemployed - have unstable incomes and thus no solid future..... Cheesy

The funny thing is, most of them probably live happier and more rewarding lives then someone who can't get by on 3 smacking thousand dollars a week.

and who the hell can live well on $1000 a week.

certainly not our mothers with babies.

find a fair alternative.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #78 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 10:48am

I have no probelm with paid maternity leave, but are there not many other instances that need the billions this will cost? Like
Dental treatment
Homelessness
Infrastructure

It's a smacking feel good policy put out by the women basher to make him more appealing to women, and as Nick Minchin said last week, it will never happen, never get through the senate... So it's all bullsh it.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Quantum
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 11:00am

warrigal wrote on Aug 28th, 2013 at 10:44am:

Who the hell couldn't live on $52,000 a year?

You can rent a fairly decent unit in most suburbs of Sydney for about 20,000 a year ($25,000 will get you a real nice one). After $20,000 for a unit, does it really cost $32,000 a year for clothes, electricity, petrol, etc? Yes you will not be able to get a $1,000,000 mortgage and drive a Mercedes, but $52,000 a year is a lot of money, even if you have a kid to pay for.

Have people lost all sense of the value of money and what is needed to live a comfortable life?

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #80 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 11:10am

Quantum wrote on Aug 28th, 2013 at 11:00am:

You can rent a fairly decent unit in most suburbs of Sydney for about 20,000 a year ($25,000 will get you a real nice one). After $20,000 for a unit, does it really cost $32,000 a year for clothes, electricity, petrol, etc? Yes you will not be able to get a $1,000,000 mortgage and drive a Mercedes, but $52,000 a year is a lot of money, even if you have a kid to pay for.

Have people lost all sense of the value of money and what is needed to live a comfortable life?

If you earn 52 grand a year you don't get a thousand a week, we have this thing called income tax that takes around thirty percent of that.
As for renting a unit in Sydney for 400 bucks a week ,good luck, some dump in the western burbs if you're lucky.
bugger Sydney, if you want to survive on a low income move to the bush.

Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #81 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 11:14am

and who the hell can live well on $1000 a week

If there's a SPONSOR out there - I'm READY to take "the CHALLENGE" !

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Quantum
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 11:26am

skippy. wrote on Aug 28th, 2013 at 11:10am:

If you earn 52 grand a year you don't get a thousand a week, we have this thing called income tax that takes around thirty percent of that.

If you read the context of the conversation we weren't talking gross we were talking net. It is a thousand a week after tax.

Quote:
As for renting a unit in Sydney for 400 bucks a week ,good luck, some dump in the western burbs if you're lucky.

$400 a week will get you a fairly good unit in many southern and northern suburbs as well. Of course you won't get a unit right in the middle of the CBD for that money, but considering most people live in the North, South, and West of the city the point stands. $52,000 is more than enough for any one person to live on, even if they have a child.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #83 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 11:31am

Postmodern Trendoid wrote on Aug 28th, 2013 at 6:27am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 12:12pm:
RightSadFred wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 12:08pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 12:01pm:
RightSadFred wrote on Aug 27th, 2013 at 11:58am:
Mandating Maternity leave provisions makes employers baulk at hiring women ...

And Tony Abbott is quite aware of that.

As is the ALP ?

Indeed.

However, the ALP are doing it in the tradition of the welfare state.

Abbott is doing it in the tradition of conservative misogyny, wanting to keep women out of the workforce.  If you believe anything else, you are even more gullible than everyone says you are.

Only Labor and the Greens give people money
( ... where it's REALLY needed)
in good faith .

The conservatives are evil in whatever they do.

Now THERE'S a "breakthrough" moment !

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #84 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 11:44am

Quantum wrote on Aug 28th, 2013 at 11:26am:

If you read the context of the conversation we weren't talking gross we were talking net. It is a thousand a week after tax.

Quote:

$400 a week will get you a fairly good unit in many southern and northern suburbs as well. Of course you won't get a unit right in the middle of the CBD for that money, but considering most people live in the North, South, and West of the city the point stands. $52,000 is more than enough for any one person to live on, even if they have a child.

Oops, sorry. Cool

Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

warrigal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Reply #85 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 11:45am

the question quantum should be who gets $52000 a year.

I certainly don't if I did I wouldn't be homeless.

I really like this old woman ad about abbotts stupid maternity leave scheame, it not only shows the stupidity of it, but it also shows the failure of the rudd/ Gillard/ rudd governments to help people.

even with all the greedy handouts they gave to the greedy people out there.

IP Logged

warrigal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Reply #86 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 11:50am

Quantum wrote on Aug 28th, 2013 at 11:26am:

Quote:

well if I had $1000 a week 9after tax as you say)maybe I then could afford $400 for accommodation and be able to afford to buy food. to survive.

I have nothing left now from my last payment.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 4:00pm

Abbott needs to dump the paid parental leave

and once he's in, I hope he does

Don't have kids if you can't afford them

Don't expect me and mine to subsidise your or your kids

Spend a fraction of the paid parental leave to chase up men who desert their children and refuse to support them.  Jail them and make them work, the proceeds of the work to go directly into funding the children they put on the planet

In fact, my own scheme would require both men and women to lodge a minimum of $250,000 in a government administered trust fund before they would be licenced to produce ONE child

When they've topped up the trust fund, they might be licenced to produce another

In the event of divorce, the trust fund would be used, via govt. administration, to pay for the child's support.  NOT the mother's false nails and boob jobs -- no, the child's support.  And regular deposits would have to be made to the trust fund by both parents in order to continue supporting that child until the age of 18

Dump that stupid parental leave payment idea, Abbott.  Or I'll dump you

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 6:14pm

If you cannot afford kids, don't have them. To many people today want the govt. to pay for everything.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #89 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 6:20pm

Tony Abbott has stolen a long time Greens policy on paid parental leave..
With all of his crazy policies and his election spending spree could Tony Abbott be closer to Gough Whitlam than John Howard?

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print