Yes    
  17 (60.7%)
No    
  11 (39.3%)

Total votes: 28
« Created by: Maqqa on: Aug 31st, 2013 at 9:50pm »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Is a burqa confronting? (Read 9356 times)
ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Is a burqa confronting?
Reply #90 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 6:11pm

skippy. wrote on Sep 1st, 2013 at 5:23pm:

I accept your surender ,Matty, you're a loser no matter what sock you hide behind.

Thats incredible logic, you are proven completly wrong but request surrender from the other person. Matty is right about this, so is Abbott.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 6:31pm

ian wrote on Sep 1st, 2013 at 5:07pm:
Burqas are not religious attire, if they were the majority of the worlds Muslims would be wearing them. I dontr know how hard this is to understand, the wearing of the Burqa is cultural not religious.

They call it a Niqab and they are 100% Islamic, if it is cultural as some claim then explain why non muslim women did not wear them back in Mohammad's day.

Safiya was one of Mohammad's wives who he got as war booty after they attacked the jews of Khaibar, he ordered her husband to be tortured to reveal the location of the tribes wealth, they lit a fire of flint and steel on his chest before chopping his head off,Mohammd married the wife of this man on the very same day, muslims say he was a  kind man who married widows.

Quote:
Will she (ie Safiya) be one of the mothers of the believers (one of the wives of the prophet) or just ( a lady captive) of what his right hand possesses.
Some of them said if the prophet makes her observe the veil, then she will be one of the mothers of believers (ie one of the prophets wives) ,and if she does not observe the veil she will be his lady slave.
www.sunnah.com/bukhari/64/253

In that verse we have people saying she will be a muslim if they see a veil and just a slave girl of prophet Mo if she does not wear a veil,does that indicate the veil was not common with non muslims?

So what was Mecca like before Mo started peddling his horse manure called Islam?
Quote:
During the pre islamic period of ignorance, the people used to perform Tawaf of the Ka ba naked except the Hums:and the Hums were the Quraish (jews) and their offspring.
The Hums used to give clothes to the men and women who would perform Tawaf wearing them.
www.sunnah.com/bukhari/25/146

There were over 360 Gods worshipped at the Ka ba before Mohammad imposed the first religious dictatorship on the world outlawing all gods except for his imaginary friend in the sky called Allah.
People performed Tawaf of the Ka ba while naked in Mecca, where did this veil come from?

I think it should be an offence to wear one while driving, if it slips the poor woman could be blindfolded by it.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #92 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 9:24pm

If you live in Australia and wear a burqa on the street you are a complete antisocial, antagonistic, unrepentant vagina, bint. If you are treated like one, don't complain. You wanted to be noticed, commented on, even vilified - its your goddam jihadi martyrdom.
Stupid bints.  Consolation: your men are even bigger coonts than you - that goes without saying.

IP Logged

Torpedo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #93 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 9:43pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 1st, 2013 at 6:31pm:
I think it should be an offence to wear one while driving, if it slips the poor woman could be blindfolded by it.

"poor woman"?
many events/accidents can occur, and many other poor women, or children can suffer, all for the well-being of these {poor} egoistic "minority" freaks.

I really don't give a toss what happens to that idiot behind the wheel, in that case

If GST rises by 5%, then your income must also rise by 5%. Which means you will either become unemployed or underpaid. Choose wisely

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #94 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 9:48pm

Do we want a PM so easily frightened ?????

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #95 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 9:49pm

the oppression argument against the burqa is a joke:

"we'll end oppression of women by telling women what they can and can't wear". Gimme a break  Roll Eyes

That said, I have no problem banning the burqa on security grounds. As I have said before, we have no problem with shop owners making bike riders remove their helmets. Why should the burqa be any different?

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #96 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:18pm

Woman have every right to decide for themselves what they choose to wear and how they live their lives.....What right do any of you have to condemn someone else's life style???

Angry Angry Angry

When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free.
Charles Evans Hughes, Address at Faneuil Hall, Boston, Massachusetts, June 17, 1925

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #97 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:35pm

philperth2010 wrote on Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:18pm:
Woman have every right to decide for themselves what they choose to wear and how they live their lives.....What right do any of you have to condemn someone else's life style???

Angry Angry Angry

Charles Evans Hughes, Address at Faneuil Hall, Boston, Massachusetts, June 17, 1925

Don''t be such a predictably stupid wanker. There's a limit. Think for a second - a big ask in your case - before you pronounce.

Do you really, really endorse every costume to be freely worn in public??

IP Logged

Torpedo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #98 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:36pm

The problem here, though, is these "poor" freaks make their little girls dress the same way, they don't really give them a choice. You can also call it a proposition for the oppression/ or a constraint on the rights of other, unfortunate to be born in this sect, women, who do not wish, but don't really have a choice, because influential "minority" in their tribe condemns them doing so, and indirectly restricts their  choices.
Not only women, men also get to be victims, where parents restrict them from learning, there is apparently a tradition in some islamic sect that forbids this.
And it happens in our western world.
Really, I don't know who I hate more, those in the community, or you people, who support those radicals

If GST rises by 5%, then your income must also rise by 5%. Which means you will either become unemployed or underpaid. Choose wisely

IP Logged

Torpedo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #99 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:40pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 1st, 2013 at 9:49pm:
the oppression argument against the burqa is a joke:

"we'll end oppression of women by telling women what they can and can't wear". Gimme a break  Roll Eyes

That said, I have no problem banning the burqa on security grounds. As I have said before, we have no problem with shop owners making bike riders remove their helmets. Why should the burqa be any different?

It's not a free world if I am not free to be scared/ offended/ disgusted by such outfit.
Be it burqa, or KKK, or naked man  Lips Sealed
I may chose to watch naked man, or, well.. woman wearing a burqa at, perhaps, a theatre play, or a movie, or on the internet. But if I don't chose, this would counteract my freedom, while I never intended to inflict any evil on theirs

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #100 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:48pm

Torpedo wrote on Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:36pm:

The problem here, though, is these "poor" freaks make their little girls dress the same way, they don't really give them a choice. You can also call it a proposition for the oppression/ or a constraint on the rights of other, unfortunate to be born in this sect, women, who do not wish, but don't really have a choice, because influential "minority" in their tribe condemns them doing so, and indirectly restricts their  choices.
Not only women, men also get to be victims, where parents restrict them from learning, there is apparently a tradition in some islamic sect that forbids this.
Really, I don't know who I hate more, those in the community, or you people, who support those radicals

You think there is any chance that Abbott didn't have his girls doing the nipper thing when they were little and shock horror they seem to have grown to be bloody liberals.

IP Logged

Torpedo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #101 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:50pm

Dnarever wrote on Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:48pm:

You think there is any chance that Abbott didn't have his girls doing the nipper thing when they were little and shock horror they seem to have grown to be bloody liberals.

yeah... they have
liberals = freethinkers

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #102 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:50pm

Soren wrote on Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:35pm:

Angry Angry Angry

Don''t be such a predictably stupid wanker. There's a limit. Think for a second - a big ask in your case - before you pronounce.

Do you really, really endorse every costume to be freely worn in public??

I respect everyone's right to express their religious or cultural freedom so long as it is not against the law.....I note you have no valid argument so you resort to petty insults.....How predictable!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

He who strikes the first blow admits he's lost the argument.
Chinese Proverb

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Torpedo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #103 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:51pm

...Uploaded with ImageShack.com

they also want to be free expressing their culture

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #104 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:57pm

Torpedo wrote on Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:50pm:
Dnarever wrote on Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:48pm:

yeah... they have
liberals = freethinkers

That is the theory but in Australia the Liberal party are Australia's least Liberal party - they are conservatives with no liberal values.

The Liberals split from the UAP United Australia party in 1945 and when Menzies left the conservatives slowly took their party back to where they started.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print