Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
So Mr Rabbit has a contract with Australia (Read 803 times)
Uncle John
Ex Member

So Mr Rabbit has a contract with Australia
Sep 2nd, 2013 at 8:20pm

We must have all seen the ads on TV by now where he's spruiking his 7 point contract with Australia. Just to name 2 of them:

Two million new jobs
Reduce bottlenecks - roads

Which begs the question - If he fails to deliver on any of his 7 points (especially the above 2 which have to be the most unlikely for him to achieve), does that mean we the Australian people can launch a class action against him for breach of contract?  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Innocent bystander
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: So Mr Rabbit has a contract with Australia
Reply #1 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 8:26pm

God bless Tony, baby jesus has sent him from heaven to save us from the evil ALP, another term of Rudd and we'd all be burning in hell.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 8:30pm

Quote:
We must have all seen the ads on TV by now where he's spruiking his 7 point contract with Australia. Just to name 2 of them:

Two million new jobs

Which begs the question - If he fails to deliver on any of his 7 points (especially the above 2 which have to be the most unlikely for him to achieve), does that mean we the Australian people can launch a class action against him for breach of contract?  Roll Eyes

I have to admit.. he is such a turn off I dont bother to listen...after 6 years. of basically nothing turning out as they claim it will... I have given up taking any notice of them..... how many times did we hear... a surplus its coming we promise no ifs or buts...

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd........nothing.but debt..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 8:32pm

cods wrote on Sep 2nd, 2013 at 8:30pm:
Quote:

Two million new jobs

I have to admit.. he is such a turn off I dont bother to listen...after 6 years. of basically nothing turning out as they claim it will... I have given up taking any notice of them..... how many times did we hear... a surplus its coming we promise no ifs or buts...

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Cods.......cods.................cods........................ Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Beware of cheap imitations......

Illawarra NSW
Reply #4 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 8:49pm

Quote:

Two million new jobs

Only if you vote for him Uncle Johnny and some how I don't think you will be....  Tongue

For now we'd be better suited launching a class action against Juliar for her not under a Govt I lead and un-mandated carbon tax that did happen and Swan for his come hell or high water surplus....that didn't.  Tongue

IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 9:20pm

Quote:

Two million new jobs

No. All he needs to do is claim the Hawke defence so he can bail out.

Quote:
[...]

After Labor's landslide win, Hawke was sworn in as the 23rd Prime Minister of Australia by the Governor-General on 11 March 1983. The inaugural days of the Hawke Government were distinctly different from those of the Whitlam Government. Rather than immediately initiating extensive reform programmes as Whitlam had, Hawke announced that Malcolm Fraser's pre-election concealment of the budget deficit meant that many of Labor's election commitments would have to be deferred.

[...]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Hawke

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #6 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 10:13pm

Quote:

Two million new jobs

I have to admit.. he is such a turn off I dont bother to listen
...after 6 years. of basically nothing turning out as they claim it will... I have given up taking any notice of them..... how many times did we hear... a surplus its coming we promise no ifs or buts...

Cods,
It seems you may well have stopped listening & watching?

I think you will find the TV ad  being referred to,
IS A LIBERAL TV ADVERT, FRONTED BY TONY ABBOTT!

I think it also mentions -
A Stronger Economy
Carbon Tax gone
Ending Waste & Debt
Stopping the boats

Oh & btw, IT IS VERY LIKELY THAT NONE OF THOSE THINGS, perhaps with the exception of the axing of the Carbon Tax, WILL ACTUALLY HAPPEN, mainly because the Macro Global Economic Drivers will not allow them to happen!

Which also means, they also wouldn't happen, if Labor were to be voted back into office, which is also not likely!

IP Logged

Uncle John
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 10:44pm

Swagman wrote on Sep 2nd, 2013 at 8:49pm:
Quote:

Two million new jobs

Only if you vote for him Uncle Johnny
and some how I don't think you will be....  Tongue

For now we'd be better suited launching a class action against Juliar for her not under a Govt I lead and un-mandated carbon tax that did happen and Swan for his come hell or high water surplus....that didn't.  Tongue

Oh. Hell. NO! I also wont be voting for Krudd. I dislike them both equally. Unless someone can convince me why they DESERVE my vote between now & Saturday, I'll be voting for the same candidate I voted for at the last state election - my dog.  Roll Eyes

As for Juliar & her (in)famous carbon tax speech, the only difference is that she didn't make a contract with the people as Mr Rabbit has.  Smiley

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #8 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 11:05pm

perceptions_now wrote on Sep 2nd, 2013 at 10:13pm:
Quote:

Two million new jobs

I have to admit.. he is such a turn off I dont bother to listen
...after 6 years. of basically nothing turning out as they claim it will... I have given up taking any notice of them..... how many times did we hear... a surplus its coming we promise no ifs or buts...

Cods,
It seems you may well have stopped listening & watching?

I think you will find the TV ad  being referred to,
IS A LIBERAL TV ADVERT, FRONTED BY TONY ABBOTT!

I think it also mentions -
A Stronger Economy
Carbon Tax gone
Ending Waste & Debt
Stopping the boats

Oh & btw, IT IS VERY LIKELY THAT NONE OF THOSE THINGS, perhaps with the exception of the axing of the Carbon Tax, WILL ACTUALLY HAPPEN, mainly because the Macro Global Economic Drivers will not allow them to happen!

Which also means, they also wouldn't happen, if Labor were to be voted back into office, which is also not likely!

The longer Abbott keeps the ETS the more revenue he can collect adding to the coffers and helping to reach a surplus.....How Abbott will cover the scrapping of this tax and the mining tax will be interesting???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print