Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Send Topic Print
Melb. AGE editorial : vote LABOR (Read 6345 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Melb. AGE editorial : vote LABOR
Reply #75 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 11:23am

cods wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 7:46am:
you really should be encouraging them to face reality bobby... the must be doing something wrong for people to turn on them like they are doing...

so why not encourage them to change get a different leader and a different set of rules.. get rid of the corrupt and opportunists who think nothing of changing the leader just because it suits them...

get with REALITY bobby stop living in fantasy land..

what you are saying is the people are idiots dont know what they are doing if they dont vote labor...

that doesnt win friends or votes...

own it.. they are doing something WRONG....

voters have turned off them   WHY...its not hard to know why

you could have applied the same reasoning when howard was kicked out in 2007 Wink

the truth of the matter is that most voters are fickle and only have the attention span of a few years. They will chop and change major parties thinking that each time it is going to save them when the astute voters know that both major parties are beholden to trans national corporations and only govern for a minority and not for the majority that vote for them.

Think about that the next time Gina Winefart twists Tony Aborts arm for some extra favours Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 11:34am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 10:20am:
You simply need a voluntary voting system - thats all.

It's not rocket science.

I kid you not, honest truth - I sat outside the polling booth last time and waited for my wife to come out (I had voted in the UK election so opted out) - and heard "I just kinda put anyone, this is fked, they are all c0cks"

Now you dont need an IQ test.

In the UK we have a 39% turnout. That sits mighty fine with me.

People who want to vote and who have an interest vote. The council estates and dropouts don't vote and I dont want them to.

Why you force people to go along and vote is a nonsense.

for once I agree with you. Voting should not be compulsory but there is money involved so thats probably why it is here. Each candidate receives some money for every vote they get. I got fined for not voting in the stupid council elections and after several letters I couldn't get out of paying the fine. They would have made a killing from all of the fines. What a fricken racket and scam to have to vote for deadbeats you know absolutely nothing about and who only want to know you during election time Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 12:07pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 10:20am:
You simply need a voluntary voting system - thats all.

It's not rocket science.

I kid you not, honest truth - I sat outside the polling booth last time and waited for my wife to come out (I had voted in the UK election so opted out) - and heard "I just kinda put anyone, this is fked, they are all c0cks"

Now you dont need an IQ test.

In the UK we have a 39% turnout. That sits mighty fine with me.

People who want to vote and who have an interest vote. The council estates and dropouts don't vote and I dont want them to.

Why you force people to go along and vote is a nonsense.

the trouble is that your argument for voluntary voting is nothing more than that is is done in the UK and USA - nothing else.  Its not much of an argument.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #78 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 1:58pm

Nonsense.

My argument that forcing people to vote who don't want to vote adds absolutely zero to any process.

It's not just the UK and US, pretty much nobody else in the world does it.

It's a crap system and intrinsically not that of a free society.

I should be free to not get up in the morning, spend election day in bed and not vote.
The Government should never tell me to vote.

You're the same country that doesn't allow me to bet in-game as well and fines me $150 for a simple violation on a train.

You're a bloody nanny state.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 2:00pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 1:58pm:
Nonsense.

My argument that forcing people to vote who don't want to vote adds absolutely zero to any process.

I should be free to not get up in the morning, spend election day in bed and not vote.

You're the same country that doesn't allow me to bet in-game as well and fines me $150 for a simple violation on a train.

those countries you so love force you to do a whole lot of things.  voting is a minor issue once every 3 years

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 2:03pm

longweekend58 wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 2:00pm:
Nonsense.

those countries you so love force you to do a whole lot of things.  voting is a minor issue once every 3 years

Exactly

When in Rome, etc. ....

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #81 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 2:27pm

PZ547 wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 8:27am:
Nothing written by any media whore will influence my vote

ACTUALLY, the scribblings of "any media whore" are the ONLY things that will "influence" your vote

If not "the MEDIA" - then who or what is your ORACLE ?

It sure as HELL ain't the IMF, OECD, Standard & Poor's, Moody's, Fitch's, Euromoney or the Australian Bureau of Statistics
( ... who have ALL given a great big tick to the Rudd/Gillard Governments in their management of the Australian economy in the periods covering the GFC)

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #82 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 2:28pm

longweekend58 wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 2:00pm:
Nonsense.

I shouldn't have to do it.

If I don't want to vote, I should be completely free to not bother.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 2:38pm

Nonsense.

You're the same country that ... fines me $150 for a simple violation on a train

buzzanddidj wrote on Aug 29th, 2013 at 8:59am:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on Aug 28th, 2013 at 1:42pm:
He asked to see my ticket.

Joke of a country this is. Police state.You would not get this in London.

£50 fines for putting your feet on train seats

11 October 2007

Rail and Tube passengers who put feet on seats face £50 on-the-spot fines from British Transport Police.

Senior officers recognise that commuters often feel intimidated by low-level bad behaviour.

They believe it also leads to more serious disorder and to clashes when troublemakers are confronted.

Police are set to mount extra patrols as part of a major drive to reduce fear and cut crime on London's transport network.

The fines will vary according to the offence, rising to £80, and will double if not paid within 21 days.

Commuters today welcomed the crackdown and some called for it to be extended.

Dahlia Simms, 34, from Earl's Court, said: "The last thing you want is someone's dirty shoes on your seat but you can't say anything because you just don't know if you'll get stabbed

British Transport Police assistant chief constable Steve Thomas said: "People who put their feet on the seats are showing a lack of consideration for others.

Annalie York, 26, a business development manager, from Fulham, said: "I can't stand sitting down in your clean work clothes on a dirty seat where someone's shoes have been."

On Merseyside, local train operator Merseyrail has prosecuted 250 passengers for putting their feet on train seats

The plan also highlights the success of a similar "zero tolerance" in New York.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-487018/50-fines-putting-feet-train-seats...

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #84 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 2:40pm

Buzz commenting on economics or Finance.

Wealth of experience obviously....

Still makes me laugh.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 2:49pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 2:28pm:
I shouldn't have to do it.

If I don't want to vote, I should be completely free to not bother.

NEWSFLASH !

You don't HAVE to

If you CAN'T assimilate to our ways - you are welcome to drag
your mouldy, blue-blood arse
back to a more friendly climate

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #86 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 3:05pm

Blue blood???

It's the same colour as yours.

From a working class father and a mother from Africa.

NEXT.............

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #87 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 3:06pm

PZ547 wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 9:55am:
Anyway, Bobby

It won't be as your threat attempts to portray it

Rudd's party will kick him to the kerb within five minutes after Libs are installed in government

Shorten and GG will rid Labor of Rudd

and you and he know that

but  nice try

Grin

Dear PZ,
I am sorry that frightened you but it's the truth.

Rudd is not going away - that's why he made it so hard for the
Labor party to vote him out.

He will fight Tony Abbott in the house of Reps & block him in the senate.

The fight has just started.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 3:14pm

Vote Labor ?

I   don't   think   so

And what's this about Rudd in caretaker mode, granting $38 million contracts to his Saudi mates for Manus Island accommodation ?

That's OUR $38 million by the way

Simultaneous with this generosity, Rudd's been pulling in decidedly NON 'starving' fake reffos

It's looking to me as if Rudd had a contract with the Saudis to flood Australia with future members of the Moslem Brotherhood/Jihadists/bomber type characters

They all look as if they've been military trained

All the way, Rudd was lying and claiming the 'boats had stopped' and in any case, were being sent to PNG

He lied.  His ministers lied.  There are dozens of photos online showing Rudd using OUR navy, airforce and customs and border to ferry these dangerous, unexplained foreign guys to our shores

Rudd is working for the other side

In addition, his family's fortunes rest on contracts from the very government he represented throughout several years

This isn't just conflict of interest -- it's the work of a traitor in my opinion and the opinions of many

And for those who still don't know --- the Saudis have bought up massive tracts of Australia

in addition to sending half the mid east to our country

Rudd is a Saudi biatch, by the look of it

rushing to fulfil his contract to get as many potential jihadists into this country as possible, before he's booted out

How long before Rudd's true treachery is exposed, once he's no longer able to keep it under wraps ?

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #89 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 3:24pm

PZ547 wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 3:14pm:
Vote Labor ?

I   don't   think   so

And what's this about Rudd in caretaker mode, granting $38 million contracts to his Saudi mates for Manus Island accommodation ?

That's OUR $38 million by the way

Simultaneous with this generosity, Rudd's been pulling in decidedly NON 'starving' fake reffos

It's looking to me as if Rudd had a contract with the Saudis to flood Australia with future members of the Moslem Brotherhood/Jihadists/bomber type characters

They all look as if they've been military trained

All the way, Rudd was lying and claiming the 'boats had stopped' and in any case, were being sent to PNG

He lied.  His ministers lied.  There are dozens of photos online showing Rudd using OUR navy, airforce and customs and border to ferry these dangerous, unexplained foreign guys to our shores

Rudd is working for the other side

In addition, his family's fortunes rest on contracts from the very government he represented throughout several years

This isn't just conflict of interest -- it's the work of a traitor in my opinion and the opinions of many

And for those who still don't know --- the Saudis have bought up massive tracts of Australia

in addition to sending half the mid east to our country

Rudd is a Saudi biatch, by the look of it

rushing to fulfil his contract to get as many potential jihadists into this country as possible, before he's booted out

How long before Rudd's true treachery is exposed, once he's no longer able to keep it under wraps ?

PZ - that's utter nonsense.
Are you off your meds or something?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Send Topic Print