Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Greens Polling 16% In Senate (Read 2811 times)
ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Greens Polling 16% In Senate
Reply #30 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 7:38pm

longweekend58 wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 7:28pm:
ImSpartacus2 wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 7:08pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 4:59pm:
mobile-only phone aka phoning the young.

funny how this poll is WIDELY variant to all the other polls.

I guess Bob Ellis will be trumpeting this poll shortly if not already and how it 'proves' newpoll is criminal.

What is this? Can't anyone say anything without you springing into cheerleader mode, chanting for your team.  The discussion that people are trying to have is whether mobile phone only polls are more accurate then traditional phone polls.  Its not a discussion about whether Lib policies are better then labor policies or whether Abbott is better then Rudd, so why do you have to dive in like a vicious pitbull as if your master has just been attacked.  And what if we only want that discussion to hang on to some hope? Who appointed you to make sure anyone who doesn't agree with liberal party policy acutely feels the pain of their electoral loss. Your a vicious nasty pig and this adversarial way of doing politics is the main cause of it.  I don't doubt that if Abbott gives a victory speech tomorrow night he will say something like "I will govern for all Australians" but we all know that wont be true because the system keeps us divided and hating each other, as your vicious propensities, (probably nurtured since Howard's loss) clearly shows.  Maybe you need to remind yourself that your a christian before your a liberal or is it the other way round.  .       

the question has already been asked and answered. newspoll and galaxy are the most accurate around so why suddenly decide that another poll which is miles away from the rest is right?

But what do you care if they believe in different polls to you, the election result will still be the same. What do you lose if we wanna hope that the result is different tomorrow? You wanna answer that question?

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #31 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 7:59pm

Greens Win -The only way you will get in will be on Labor preferences. Typical Labor, whilst Abbott made a stand and declared he would not give the Greens preferences, Rudd alluded to the same ON AIR but then they dogged it in typical Labor fashion in the following days and stitched up deals.

The one thing we don't want is the Country being held to ransom by the lunatic Greens like they did for Labor in its minority Government.

What a dog's breakfast we've had for Government over the last 6 years.

Just go out and vote Liberal all the way tomorrow..Give Abbott the mandate he deserves.

Do you really want the balance of power in the hands of people who believe in a Country without borders and a free kicks for the drug users. Smiley

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 8:09pm

ImSpartacus2 wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 7:38pm:

I guess Bob Ellis will be trumpeting this poll shortly if not already and how it 'proves' newpoll is criminal.

What is this? Can't anyone say anything without you springing into cheerleader mode, chanting for your team.  The discussion that people are trying to have is whether mobile phone only polls are more accurate then traditional phone polls.  Its not a discussion about whether Lib policies are better then labor policies or whether Abbott is better then Rudd, so why do you have to dive in like a vicious pitbull as if your master has just been attacked.  And what if we only want that discussion to hang on to some hope? Who appointed you to make sure anyone who doesn't agree with liberal party policy acutely feels the pain of their electoral loss. Your a vicious nasty pig and this adversarial way of doing politics is the main cause of it.  I don't doubt that if Abbott gives a victory speech tomorrow night he will say something like "I will govern for all Australians" but we all know that wont be true because the system keeps us divided and hating each other, as your vicious propensities, (probably nurtured since Howard's loss) clearly shows.  Maybe you need to remind yourself that your a christian before your a liberal or is it the other way round.  .       

the question has already been asked and answered. newspoll and galaxy are the most accurate around so why suddenly decide that another poll which is miles away from the rest is right?

But what do you care if they believe in different polls to you, the election result will still be the same. What do you lose if we wanna hope that the result is different tomorrow? You wanna answer that question?   

why should I pander to vain hope and stupidity? there are enough brain-dead losers who pick only the polls they like without encouraging them.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 8:24pm

red baron wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 7:59pm:
Greens Win -The only way you will get in will be on Labor preferences. Typical Labor, whilst Abbott made a stand and declared he would not give the Greens preferences, Rudd alluded to the same ON AIR but then they dogged it in typical Labor fashion in the following days and stitched up deals.

The one thing we don't want is the Country being held to ransom by the lunatic Greens like they did for Labor in its minority Government.

Just go out and vote Liberal all the way tomorrow..Give Abbott the mandate he deserves.

Do you really want the balance of power in the hands of people who believe in a Country without borders and a free kicks for the drug users. Smiley

And in another thread Red will accuse labor of running a fear campaign.  I think, as many do, that this has been one of the best and most responsive governments to the wishes of the people we have seen in a long long time.  Where is the box to tick hung Parliament because I'm there. Look at Abbott last year he announced a parental leave scheme and his party hates it because its so unliberal. Same with the new disability scheme (even with all their negativity they were too scared to reject it, though they hated it), the Gonski reforms. And we got the climate change legislation, the resources tax and came very close to pre-comittment gambling legislation AND most importantly a stimulus package that put the people ahead of the selfish corporate/business sector in this country (can you imagine that happening during any other parliament) and saved heaps of jobs and businesses (which libs wont admit) just as Keynes predicted it would. Whatever you do vote Green in the senate. 

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 8:28pm

longweekend58 wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 8:09pm:

why should I pander to vain hope and stupidity? there are enough brain-dead losers who pick only the polls they like without encouraging them.

You didn't answer the question, so I'll answer it for you. Your just blinded by hatred and spite.  Which means you have no observation of any use to anyone on this forum.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 8:30pm

ImSpartacus2 wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 8:24pm:

And in another thread Red will accuse labor of running a fear campaign.  I think, as many do, that this has been one of the best and most responsive governments to the wishes of the people we have seen in a long long time. Where is the box to tick hung Parliament because I'm there. Look at Abbott last year he announced a parental leave scheme and his party hates it because its so unliberal. Same with the new disability scheme (even with all their negativity they were too scared to reject it, though they hated it), the Gonski reforms. And we got the climate change legislation, the resources tax and came very close to pre-comittment gambling legislation AND most importantly a stimulus package that put the people ahead of the selfish corporate/business sector in this country (can you imagine that happening during any other parliament) and saved heaps of jobs and businesses (which libs wont admit) just as Keynes predicted it would. Whatever you do vote Green in the senate. 

now you just look silly.  yes very responsive.  carbon tax - hated by 2/3 of the people.  dropping welfare for single mums - very popular.  increased unemployment - what more could we ask for!!!
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2013 at 8:38pm by longweekend58 »  

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 8:40pm

longweekend58 wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 8:30pm:

And in another thread Red will accuse labor of running a fear campaign.  I think, as many do, that this has been one of the best and most responsive governments to the wishes of the people we have seen in a long long time. Where is the box to tick hung Parliament because I'm there. Look at Abbott last year he announced a parental leave scheme and his party hates it because its so unliberal. Same with the new disability scheme (even with all their negativity they were too scared to reject it, though they hated it), the Gonski reforms. And we got the climate change legislation, the resources tax and came very close to pre-comittment gambling legislation AND most importantly a stimulus package that put the people ahead of the selfish corporate/business sector in this country (can you imagine that happening during any other parliament) and saved heaps of jobs and businesses (which libs wont admit) just as Keynes predicted it would. Whatever you do vote Green in the senate. 

now you just look silly.  yes very responsive.  carbon tax - hated by 2.3 of the people.  dropping welfare for single mums - very popular.  increased unemployment - what more could we ask for!!!

Yeah, yeah , yeah yeah.  Unemployment. I just told you, they saved jobs you know that. Most people think you climate change deniers are BS and support climate action. And they should not have dropped welfare for single mums but overall, most responsive government in a long long time.    Oh and I'd love to sit and chat but I'm gonna have my Saturday night. Continue tomorrow.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 8:53pm

ImSpartacus2 wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 8:40pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 8:30pm:

now you just look silly.  yes very responsive.  carbon tax - hated by 2.3 of the people.  dropping welfare for single mums - very popular.  increased unemployment - what more could we ask for!!!

Yeah, yeah , yeah yeah.  Unemployment. I just told you, they saved jobs you know that. Most people think you climate change deniers are BS and support climate action. And they should not have dropped welfare for single mums but overall, most responsive government in a long long time.    Oh and I'd love to sit and chat but I'm gonna have my Saturday night. Continue tomorrow.

so you cant support the 'most responsive' claim.  no surprise. ive not heard ANYONE try that one on!

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 8:59pm

longweekend58 wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 8:09pm:

if you aren't interested in the topic being discussed but t out ... that's not pandering

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 9:00pm

John Smith wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 7:05pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 5:24pm:
____ wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 5:20pm:
aquascoot wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 5:13pm:
____ wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 4:51pm:
Looks like the voters don't trust Abbott and will leave him hanging.

See what he is like for a term ... with Greens as insurance.

greens as insurance.   Wink Wink Wink.  giving the greens the job of looking after our interests Wink Wink

thats like making thommo security at a brothel
or putting peter slipper in charge of cleaning the showers at a boys high school
or giving eddie obeid a job at the council doing mining lease applications. Wink Wink

Being gay doesn't mean a person is a paedophile.

By stating what you did it shows your lack of worldliness. 

Greens are a natural balance in that they are moderate and progressive verses the reactive conservatism of the old party.

it does mean you are 5-10 times more likely to be tho!

I'd love to see you try and support those stats .....

making them up again longy? ...
some people never learn

bump for longstupidone

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

woof woof
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 9:05pm

16%

I thought the gay population was only about 7%

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #41 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 9:09pm

So the Greens are pinning their hopes on a mobile-phone poll

How many of the 800+ who were polled are actually over 18??

How many are primary school children with a prepaid phone?

Bill 14% is not the alcohol content of that wine. It's your poll number

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #42 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 11:36pm

Fit of Absent Mindeness wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 4:49pm:
51/49 or 52/48 is about what I expect.

HOPEFULLY - and HEALTHILY

Casting minds back - to statements by Rudd and Shorten - the return of Rudd as PM was NEVER about a victory and return to government by the ALP ( ... that came LATER - with some VERY surprising poll results)

In Rudd's and Shorten's own words - it was about avoiding total decimation of the Federal ALP - and handing "carte blanche" to a megalomaniac in BOTH houses of parliament

Who needs THAT ?

The LAST power drunk Prime Minister
who stripped workers of
pay rates
penalties
and
conditions
was given the
"short shift"
- in NO uncertain terms - in November, 2007

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 11:45pm

progressiveslol wrote on Sep 6th, 2013 at 4:49pm:
lol make the best of it. The truth is going to hurt you tomorrow. Get urself some hangover cures, because its going to be a bumpy ride for labor and the greens.

you mean get ready to take it up the arse with Tony Cheesy

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Sep 7th, 2013 at 12:23am

This poll is likely to be a statistical outlier. Note that we only have this one poll to go on. If there was a larger sample or more polls with similar methodology, we would see a more useful trend.

I'm expecting a Coalition win in the 52-48 range, 10-seat gain. Could be more. Greens to win 3 to 5 seats in the Senate and narrowly lose the balance of power (ALP to win 12 Senate seats).

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print