Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 ... 188
Send Topic Print
spineless apologetics (Read 348280 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: spineless apologetics
Reply #1950 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 4:33pm

moses wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:40pm:
Brian Ross wrote Reply #1938 - Yesterday at 4:35pm

Quote:
And they and their churches say they were, Moses.   I will put my money on what they believe they had been taught rather than what you claim Christ taught.

Of course you want to portray them as being true followers, that is your modus operandi to excuse islamic terrorism.

Where have I done that, Moses?  Where?  Here's your chance to quote back to us, me "excusing Islamic terrorism"...   If you can.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
While the truth is they were totally at odds with the teachings of their founder, You can prove me wrong by quoting the teachings of Christ they were abiding by. It's simple are you being dishonest or  not?

Their Churches taught them what they believed, Moses.   Tsk, tsk.  Take your ire out on your religions' Clergy, not me.    Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
No, I am genuine, Moses.  I also believe you are.  I have never accused you of anything but obscuring what Christians have been taught.

Don't try and change the goal posts. My position is rock solid e.g. whatever they were taught or told in order to commit atrocities is in direct disobedience to the doctrine preached by Christ.

Disagreeing with you is "moving the goalposts"?   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
I would say that being scourged (whipped) hurts a great deal, Moses and that is how Christ is usually portrayed laying about himself, left, right and centre when "cleansing the Temple".

You would say? Well of course you would.

But what does the Christian gospel say?   

John 2:15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen;

and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;

Matthew 21:12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and

overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

It doesn't say anywhere that He actually hit anybody does it?

You're trying to present hypothesis as fact.

No, I am referencing the version of The Bible most evanglicals swear is "divinely inspired", Moses - the King James' version:

Quote:
Matthew 21:12-13King James Version (KJV)

12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

[Source]

Now, how, with a Scourge, does one "drive out" people from a building, Moses?   By gesturing it at them or actually striking them?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
The fact that is mentioned, graphically portrayed as being right and correct would suggest it was being used as an example to his followers in The Bible, now wouldn't it, Moses?

It is mentioned to support the ideology that houses of worship are just that, not commercial activities.

It is used as an example of violence being committed by a violent God against humanity...   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
The fact that it is often used to justify attacks on people by Christians suggests what to their ideas of it's appropriateness?

O.k. be more specific where have these attacks taken place? What are you talking about?

Why bother, you will simply make excuses for them as you always do, Moses.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
Violence is still violence, Moses.  Christ committed violence.  Christ's example is used to justify violence.  Tsk, tsk, obscuring the facts once again?

What violence?

How do you know there was any actual physical violence against men?

It simply says He chased money lenders,cattle and sheep out of the synagogue.

Your merely using intentionally incorrect conjecture to try and equate Christian doctrine as espoused by Christ as being no better than islamic doctrine taught by muhammad.

It will never work, the two doctrines speak for themselves resulting in:

1/. men who commit atrocities are disobeying the teachings of Christ.

2/. muslims who commit atrocities are 100% obeying the preaching of muhammad and the verses in the qur'an.

As always obscuring what the Churches taught their followers, Moses.  How typical of you to try and do that again and again.   Tsk, tsk.   Your Christianity is as faulty as are all religions - created by men, justified by men and used to subjugate all others.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2017 at 10:34pm by Brian Ross »  

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1951 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:17pm

Brian Ross wrote: Reply #1950 - Today at 4:33pm

Quote:
Where have I done that, Moses?  Where?  Here's your chance to quote back to us, me "excusing Islamic terrorism"...   If you can.

This very thread is littered with your excuses.

Quote:
Their Churches taught them what they believed, Moses.   Tsk, tsk.  Take your ire out on your religions' Clergy, not me.

Indeed they did. I remind you of my previous post: While the truth is they were totally at odds with the teachings of their founder, You can prove me wrong by quoting the teachings of Christ they were abiding by. It's simple are you being dishonest or  not?

Now I  notice you are unable to disprove my statement, you merely waffle on about the maxims set by men who were in the wrong.

Quote:
Disagreeing with you is "moving the goalposts"?   Tsk, tsk.

Yes, I remind you of your statement: " I have never accused you of anything but obscuring what Christians have been taught.

That is a false statement: my position is always the same. What they were taught was at odds with the teachings of Christ.

There is no hiding of what they were taught as you fallaciously implied, I maintain what they were taught were the commands of men, not the teachings of Christ.

Quote:
Now, how, with a Scourge, does one "drive out" people from a building, Moses?   By gesturing it at them or actually striking them?

All it says is that He drove out sheep cattle and moneychangers, there is no proof of any one or any beast being hit. Why couldn't He simply have been waving hiS arms about?

Quote:
It is used as an example of violence being committed by a violent God against humanity...

You're scraping the bottom of the barrel now, once again proof please .

Quote:
Why bother, you will simply make excuses for them as you always do, Moses.

In other words, you can't back up one single thing you say, it's all lies in order to excuse islamic terrorism.

Quote:
As always obscuring what the Churches taught their followers, Moses.  How typical of you to try and do that again and again.   Tsk, tsk.   Your Christianity is as faulty as are all religions - created by men, justified by men and used to subjugate all others.

You forgot to be honest once again, I have continuously argued that men / churches have departed from the words of Christ, as such their iniquities cannot be classed as Christian deeds.

You simply can't bring yourself to be truthful about this matter, as you're trying to defend islamic terrorism which is caused and motivated solely by the preachings of muhammad and the verses in the qur'an. 
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:32pm by moses »  

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #1952 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:46pm

moses wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:17pm:
Brian Ross wrote: Reply #1950 - Today at 4:33pm

Quote:
Where have I done that, Moses?  Where?  Here's your chance to quote back to us, me "excusing Islamic terrorism"...   If you can.

This very thread is littered with your excuses.

Really?  Shouldn't be difficult for you to quote some of them back, Moses.  Where are they?  Like your claims I have "lied", they are false.   Breaking the 8th Commandment, hey, Moses? Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
Their Churches taught them what they believed, Moses.   Tsk, tsk.  Take your ire out on your religions' Clergy, not me.

Indeed they did. I remind you of my previous post: While the truth is they were totally at odds with the teachings of their founder, You can prove me wrong by quoting the teachings of Christ they were abiding by. It's simple are you being dishonest or  not?

Now I  notice you are unable to disprove my statement, you merely waffle on about the maxims set by men who were in the wrong.

They are what their churches taught them Moses.   As far as they were concerned, that was what Christianity was all about.   Until you admit and address that, you will get no where.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
Disagreeing with you is "moving the goalposts"?   Tsk, tsk.

Yes, I remind you of your statement: " I have never accused you of anything but obscuring what Christians have been taught.

That is a false statement: my position is always the same. What they were taught was at odds with the teachings of Christ.

There is no hiding of what they were taught as you fallaciously implied, I maintain what they were taught were the commands of men, not the teachings of Christ.

Which were portrayed as the teachings of Christ, Moses.  Until you admit that and address the falsehoods that your Churches have taught, you will get no where with me or anyone else who understands the history Christianity.    Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
Now, how, with a Scourge, does one "drive out" people from a building, Moses?   By gesturing it at them or actually striking them?

All it says is that He drove out sheep cattle and moneychangers, there is no proof of any one or any beast being hit. Why couldn't He simply have been waving hiS arms about?

Ah, those Jews, those moneylenders, they were all so weak they made no effort to stand up to this person gesturing towards them with his scourge?  Really?  Moses, you are a fool.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
As always obscuring what the Churches taught their followers, Moses.  How typical of you to try and do that again and again.   Tsk, tsk.   Your Christianity is as faulty as are all religions - created by men, justified by men and used to subjugate all others.

You forgot to be honest once again, I have continuously argued that men / churches have departed from the words of Christ, as such their iniquities cannot be classed as Christian deeds.

You simply can't bring yourself to be truthful about this matter, as you're trying to defend islamic terrorism which is caused and motivated solely by the preachings of muhammad and the verses in the qur'an. 

They were undertaken by Christian people, using the teachings they had been taught by their Clergy as the lessons of Christ, Moses.   Only you, a committed Christian refuses to admit that.  Gee, I wonder why?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Justsayno

Australian Politics

On The Planet Earth
Reply #1953 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:54pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:46pm:
Only you, a committed Christian refuses to admit that.

But you are a "committed" Christian aren't you Brian!

Justsayno Go home and have talk to your fictitious autistic son, looser.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #1954 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 10:35pm

Justsayno wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 6:54pm:

Nope.  Now run along.  I'm sure there are some Grade Ones you can bully, somewhere.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Lastone

Australian Politics

Pakenham, Victoria, Australia
Reply #1955 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:58am

moses wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 3:40pm:
It will never work, the two doctrines speak for themselves resulting in:

1/. men who commit atrocities are disobeying the teachings of Christ.

2/. muslims who commit atrocities are 100% obeying the preaching of muhammad and the verses in the qur'an.

Throughout history there have been instances where radical Christians have taken such actions, like for example the Spanish inquisition and have been able to justify those actions via use of biblical scriptures. The Anti-Semitism of the German Nazi party was supported by the Christian churches.
The Nazi’s considered themselves to be Christian. Moses you would argue that the teaching of Christ were opposed to these events. That the people carrying out the deeds misinterpreted the words of Christ. However you deny any misinterpretation as far as Islam is concerned. That the actual teachings of Islam are bad.
This I find interesting in that Jesus is also considered a prophet of Islam.
The Christian faiths were long ago corrupted. Feudal Monarchs relying on divine rights co-opted the church by allowing it to levy taxes, and own land while exempting the church from having to pay any taxes. Religion, therefore becoming a mechanism of social control.
I am not that sure that the Islamic faith due to its less formal organization and lack of structure played that great a role in the affairs of state. Having a better knowledge of European history, I have an open mind on the role of Islam and the state.
I get Voltaire’s meaning when he wrote “"if God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him"
Personally I get by perfectly well without Him/Her or religion in my life.  It matters little whether it be Christian or Islamic faiths, both are responsible for innumerable atrocities. The game being played here of “My religion is better is frankly pathetic  and actually against the teachings of your own faith. The exact same lines that you are using against Islam were used to justify the persecution of the Jews.

I am yet to see a trickle down lift anyone up

IP Logged

Justsayno

Australian Politics

On The Planet Earth
Reply #1956 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 9:57am

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 10:35pm:

Nope.  Now run along.  I'm sure there are some Grade Ones you can bully, somewhere. 

Then you don't have a Doctor of Divinity.

A Doctor of Divinity is an honorary degree. The title is bestowed to individuals who have devoted their lives to theological pursuits.

Doctor of Divinity (D.D. or D.Div.; Latin: Doctor Divinitatis) is an advanced or honorary academic degree in divinity.

Your a Fraud Brian Ross so why don't you run along.

Justsayno Go home and have talk to your fictitious autistic son, looser.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1957 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 10:27am

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Nope.  Now run along.  I'm sure there are some Grade Ones you can bully, somewhere.   Roll Eyes

aha!   knew it   a closet Muslim....

come on out bwain   the real world wont eat you..

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1958 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 11:51am

Brian Ross wrote: Reply #1952 - Yesterday at 6:46pm

Quote:
They are what their churches taught them Moses.   As far as they were concerned, that was what Christianity was all about.   Until you admit and address that, you will get no where.  Tsk, tsk.

That's never been an issue, what they were taught was contrary to the actual teachings of Christ.

Quote:
Which were portrayed as the teachings of Christ, Moses.  Until you admit that and address the falsehoods that your Churches have taught, you will get no where with me or anyone else who understands the history Christianity.

Well, what have I been saying all along? They were taught things that disobeyed the actual teachings of Christ.

Quote:
Ah, those Jews, those moneylenders, they were all so weak they made no effort to stand up to this person gesturing towards them with his scourge?  Really?  Moses, you are a fool.

One man outnumbered by the money lenders, yet they all left. I'd say probably His words words stung their conscience and they all departed. Much more logical that a physical confrontation, where a lone man beats several opponents. Once again I remind you there is no mention of any actual harm being done, merely that He chased some money lenders, cattle and sheep out of the synagogue.

Quote:
They were undertaken by Christian people, using the teachings they had been taught by their Clergy as the lessons of Christ, Moses.   Only you, a committed Christian refuses to admit that.  Gee, I wonder why?

Didn't you just say in an above post that the teachings were falsehoods? Your exact words were the falsehoods that your Churches have taught

I've been saying that all along, they were taught the commands of men which were 100% at odds with the teachings of Christ.

So it seems my statement stands unchallenged:

1/. men who commit atrocities are disobeying the words of Christ.

2/. muslims who commit atrocities are 100% obeying the teachings of muhammad and the verses in the qur'an

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1959 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 11:53am

Lastone wrote Reply #1955 - Today at 7:58am

Quote:
Throughout history there have been instances where radical Christians have taken such actions, like for example the Spanish inquisition and have been able to justify those actions via use of biblical scriptures. The Anti-Semitism of the German Nazi party was supported by the Christian churches. The Nazi’s considered themselves to be Christian.Moses you would argue that the teaching of Christ were opposed to these events.

That is exactly what I argue.

Quote:
That the people carrying out the deeds misinterpreted the words of Christ

No I have never argued that at all. I have always said that men made up their own commandments / rules  / regulations to justify their atrocities, these man made precepts were 100% at odds with the doctrine as espoused by Christ. 

Quote:
However you deny any misinterpretation as far as Islam is concerned. That the actual teachings of Islam are bad.

Correct islam is overrun with commands to commit atrocities, the actual teachings are evil.

Quote:
This I find interesting in that Jesus is also considered a prophet of Islam.

A claim made by a thief, liar, pedophile, rapist, torturer, and mass murderer muhammad.

Quote:
The Christian faiths were long ago corrupted. Feudal Monarchs relying on divine rights co-opted the church by allowing it to levy taxes, and own land while exempting the church from having to pay any taxes. Religion, therefore becoming a mechanism of social control.

Which backs up my contention that the churches which committed wrongdoing were not obeying the teachings of Christ.

Quote:
I am not that sure that the Islamic faith due to its less formal organization and lack of structure played that great a role in the affairs of state. Having a better knowledge of European history, I have an open mind on the role of Islam and the state.

My view of islam is based on what it is today the 21st century. It is a disgrace, do I need to go into details about the present day state of affairs of the muslim world?

Quote:
I get Voltaire’s meaning when he wrote “"if God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him"
Personally I get by perfectly well without Him/Her or religion in my life.

I long ago came to understand *God is spirit* & *the kingdom of God is within you*, once you realize what this means, you then see how religion plays the role it does in all of mankind.

Quote:
It matters little whether it be Christian or Islamic faiths, both are responsible for innumerable atrocities.

You forgot the important bits. 1/.Men who commit atrocities are disobeying the teachings of Christ. 2/. muslims who commit atrocities are totally obeying the commands of muhammad and the qur'an. 

Quote:
The game being played here of “My religion is better is frankly pathetic  and actually against the teachings of your own faith. The exact same lines that you are using against Islam were used to justify the persecution of the Jews.

I have yet to see someone show any teachings of Christ which urged his followers to commit atrocities.

muhammads' teachings and the verses in the qur'an, are the root cause and motivation of the depravity displayed by muslims around the globe, as they carry out their slaughter of innocent men women and children as decreed by their god allah.

You don't think there's a difference between them?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #1960 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 2:24pm

cods wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 10:27am:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

aha!   knew it   a closet Muslim....

come on out bwain   the real world wont eat you..

Quote:

You know, Cods, I've been accused of being many "closet" things.  I've been accused of being a "closet" Communist, an ASIO agent, a ASIS agent, a Zionist, a PLO supporter, and now a Muslim.   I wonder how I fit my clothes in my closet, I really do.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #1961 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 2:29pm

Justsayno wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 9:57am:

Nope.  Now run along.  I'm sure there are some Grade Ones you can bully, somewhere. 

A Doctor of Divinity is an honorary degree. The title is bestowed to individuals who have devoted their lives to theological pursuits.

Doctor of Divinity (D.D. or D.Div.; Latin: Doctor Divinitatis) is an advanced or honorary academic degree in divinity.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  My university maintains otherwise.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #1962 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 2:33pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 2:29pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  My university maintains otherwise.    Roll Eyes

Yep Bwian aka Gweggy aka Emudork...your University of Fruit Loops would.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #1963 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 2:35pm

moses wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 11:51am:
Brian Ross wrote: Reply #1952 - Yesterday at 6:46pm

Quote:
They are what their churches taught them Moses.   As far as they were concerned, that was what Christianity was all about.   Until you admit and address that, you will get no where.  Tsk, tsk.

That's never been an issue, what they were taught was contrary to the actual teachings of Christ.

Not according to them or their Churches, Moses.

I find it interesting how you're prepared to split hairs over what is or isn't the teachings of Christ yet you disobey those teachings all the time.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
Which were portrayed as the teachings of Christ, Moses.  Until you admit that and address the falsehoods that your Churches have taught, you will get no where with me or anyone else who understands the history Christianity.

Well, what have I been saying all along? They were taught things that disobeyed the actual teachings of Christ.

Not according them or their churches' clergy, Moses...   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
Ah, those Jews, those moneylenders, they were all so weak they made no effort to stand up to this person gesturing towards them with his scourge?  Really?  Moses, you are a fool.

One man outnumbered by the money lenders, yet they all left. I'd say probably His words words stung their conscience and they all departed. Much more logical that a physical confrontation, where a lone man beats several opponents. Once again I remind you there is no mention of any actual harm being done, merely that He chased some money lenders, cattle and sheep out of the synagogue.

Much less logical than a physical confrontation, Moses, much less.    Roll Eyes

Quote:
They were undertaken by Christian people, using the teachings they had been taught by their Clergy as the lessons of Christ, Moses.   Only you, a committed Christian refuses to admit that.  Gee, I wonder why?

Didn't you just say in an above post that the teachings were falsehoods? Your exact words were the falsehoods that your Churches have taught

I've been saying that all along, they were taught the commands of men which were 100% at odds with the teachings of Christ.
[/quote]

Not according to them or their clergy who gave that message to them, Moses.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #1964 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 2:36pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 2:33pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 2:29pm:

Yep Bwian aka Gweggy aka Emudork...your University of Fruit Loops would.

Whom?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 ... 188
Send Topic Print