Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 ... 188
Send Topic Print
spineless apologetics (Read 348276 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: spineless apologetics
Reply #1995 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 12:09pm

Justsayno wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 11:11am:
How does it feel to be found out Brian you charlatan?

Quote:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  Run along little man.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #1996 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 12:10pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 11:15am:
Frank wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 10:11pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:16pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:14pm:
We all know you are lying, you are too stupid to have an honourary degree bestowed on you so it must be a mail order, fake one.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk,  you call that proof?  Run along little man, run along.   Roll Eyes

Absolutely I am calling it a proof.

There are no degrees for stupidity, your only field of expertise.  You are ignorant, illogical, unable to focus (yawning all the time), You cannot counter any arguments, you cannot answer any questions.
Being a yawning miffy is the limit of your horizons, Brian. You yawn to cover up you bewilderment. But you fool no=one. We see you as stupid, bewildered, out of your depth.

You will yawn. It's your defence mechanism.

Awwwww be fair! The Bwian troll does have a degree ....it's from the University of Fruit Loops. Grin Grin Grin

I suppose it could be worse.  Afterall, Soren's comes from the University of Baloney   Smiley

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1997 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 9:40pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 11:17am:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 12:25am:
Actually extremist catholics, protestants and jews are different to extremist muslims because extremist catholics, protestants and jews don't go around blowing up people

Thats right alevine - they don't need to, as the moderate ones do it for them. How many people do you think are blown up every day by the moderate "non-extremist" American government? Do you reckon the number of innocents killed by extremist muslims pales in comparison to the number of innocents killed by "non-extremist" catholics, protestants and jews?

The American government is now a religious institution?  I'm just gonna pretend this a comment from you after your first beer, Gandalf. Honestly.

How many killings occurred in the world last year in the names of the catholic, Protestant, Jewish religions?

And how many in the name of Islam?

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

Lastone

Australian Politics

Pakenham, Victoria, Australia
Reply #1998 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 11:03pm

moses wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:48pm:
Lastone wrote: Reply #1968 - Today at 3:52pm

Quote:
And so is the old Testament. Lets establish some common ground. Genocide is evil correct?

And Samuel said to Saul, “The Lord sent me to anoint you king over his people Israel; now therefore listen to the words of the Lord. Thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘I have noted what Amalek did to Israel in opposing them on the way when they came up out of Egypt. Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’” (1 Sam 15:1‑3).

There are many other incidences in the old testament. why are these not indicative of evil teachings, while the ones in the Quran are?

TO my 21st century way of thinking genocide is abominable.

To many people of all different kinds and creeds about 4000 years ago it was an accepted part of their life, inhumane cruelty was the norm for many people, you can read about human sacrifice, animal sacrifice all sorts of abhorrences were practiced by men.

Now to get to the bit about the Old Testament being evil and the qur'an.

The evil in the O.T. is time and people specific.

We have the revenge on the Amalek in 1 Sam, then we have the taking of the promised land:

Genesis 15:18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

Genesis15:19 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites, Genesis15:20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims, Genesis15:21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.
& Joshua 1:2 Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel. Joshua 1:4 From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.

The promised land had a defined geographical and people limit:http://www.differentspirit.org/articles/images/promised_land2.jpg

This is the exact opposite of the qur'an which makes the case that all non muslims are to be killed forever untill all religion is for islam.  islam divides the world into dar al-islam literally the house or region of submission and  dar  al-Harb  the house or region of war.

This is the reason why the entire world is on muslim terrorism alert, there is no global Jewish terrorism alert.

There's a huge difference in the significance of the teachings of the two faiths. 

Thank you that was exactly the answer that I was looking for. You have to look at the historical context and circumstances upon which the instance occurred.

Now apply the same standards you applied to the biblical instance I quoted to the Quran.

I am yet to see a trickle down lift anyone up

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1999 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 1:20pm

Frank wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 11:48am:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 10:47pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 10:11pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:16pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:14pm:
We all know you are lying, you are too stupid to have an honourary degree bestowed on you so it must be a mail order, fake one.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk,  you call that proof?  Run along little man, run along.   Roll Eyes

Absolutely I am calling it a proof.

There are no degrees for stupidity, your only field of expertise.  You are ignorant, illogical, unable to focus (yawning all the time), You cannot counter any arguments, you cannot answer any questions.
Being a yawning miffy is the limit of your horizons, Brian. You yawn to cover up you bewilderment. But you fool no=one. We see you as stupid, bewildered, out of your depth.

You will yawn. It's your defence mechanism.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me. Soren.  No proof, no argument, merely opinion.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Told you you'd  yawn.

You have zero proof for your OWN claims, Derek,  such as your 'doctorate'. You are lying to bignote yourself.  Sad.
And then you yawn and parrot 'how very dare you!'

How very dare you.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2000 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 1:25pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 9:40pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 11:17am:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 12:25am:
Actually extremist catholics, protestants and jews are different to extremist muslims because extremist catholics, protestants and jews don't go around blowing up people

Thats right alevine - they don't need to, as the moderate ones do it for them. How many people do you think are blown up every day by the moderate "non-extremist" American government? Do you reckon the number of innocents killed by extremist muslims pales in comparison to the number of innocents killed by "non-extremist" catholics, protestants and jews?

The American government is now a religious institution?  I'm just gonna pretend this a comment from you after your first beer, Gandalf. Honestly.

How many killings occurred in the world last year in the names of the catholic, Protestant, Jewish religions?

And how many in the name of Islam?

And how many extremist Jews and Christians cheered on George W Bush's alleged "crusade" against the "Axis of Evil?"

Honestly?

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2001 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 1:36pm

Lastone wrote: Reply #1998 - Yesterday at 11:03pm

Quote:
Thank you that was exactly the answer that I was looking for. You have to look at the historical context and circumstances upon which the instance occurred.

Now apply the same standards you applied to the biblical instance I quoted to the Quran.

That would be a wrong, disingenuous attitude to use.

Both books  / texts were written with a definite perspective in mind.

The chapters of the O.T. we are discussing, is compiled as a 4000 year old historical depiction(written in the past tense),  of instructions to specific leaders to be carried out in a defined time and place, against a particular group of people.

There is absolutely nothing in these histories which explicitly states Jews must continually perpetrate these deeds against mankind in the future.

Conversely

The qur'an (written in the present and future tense) evokes all muslims to be the enemies of all non believers for all times.

It does not declare a defined location or put any time limits, on the atrocities that muslims may commit against the kafir / mushrikeen.

That is why today 2017 the muslims are a worldwide terrorist threat, they are obeying a timeless set of commandments to commit the foulest of deeds against their fellow man in the name of allah.    

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #2002 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 1:48pm

The American government is now a religious institution? 

To the evangelicals and the religious white supremacist nutjobs - absolutely it is. And they absolutely see 'righteous' wars like toppling Saddam and financially and militarily aiding Israel's occupation of Palestine as carrying out God's divine plan. Its no coincidence that George W proudly declared that God told him to invade Iraq. American (read: white christian) hegemony over evil heathens in the ME, and the necessary terrorising of those populations that comes with that is central to these extremist's ideology - and from where they're sitting, their government is doing a bang up job on that front. 

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2003 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 1:53pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 1:48pm:
The American government is now a religious institution? 

To the evangelicals and the religious white supremacist nutjobs - absolutely it is. And they absolutely see 'righteous' wars like toppling Saddam and financially and militarily aiding Israel's occupation of Palestine as carrying out God's divine plan. Its no coincidence that George W proudly declared that God told him to invade Iraq. American (read: white christian) hegemony over evil heathens in the ME, and the necessary terrorising of those populations that comes with that is central to these extremist's ideology - and from where they're sitting, their government is doing a bang up job on that front. 

We'll ask Moses, shall we?

Moses, do you think the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan was part of a divine plan ordained by G-d Himself?

Cheers.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2004 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 1:56pm

moses wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 1:36pm:
Lastone wrote: Reply #1998 - Yesterday at 11:03pm

Quote:

That would be a wrong, disingenuous attitude to use.

Both books  / texts were written with a definite perspective in mind.

The chapters of the O.T. we are discussing, is compiled as a 4000 year old historical depiction(written in the past tense),  of instructions to specific leaders to be carried out in a defined time and place, against a particular group of people.

There is absolutely nothing in these histories which explicitly states Jews must continually perpetrate these deeds against mankind in the future. 

Not at all, Moses. The Bible includes the Old Testament with this point in mind.

The Old Testament itself - the Jewish Torah - is still practiced by religious Jews.

You know this. It has been explained to you many times.

Don't take Moses' krap, Lastone. We've had these discussions over many years. 
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2017 at 2:03pm by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2005 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 2:08pm

karnal wrote: Quote:
Not at all, Moses. The Bible includes the Old Testament with this point in mind.

The Old Testament itself - the Jewish Torah - is still practiced by religious Jews.

Ah the old do and say anything to excuse islamic terrorism, has kicked in again.

What are you talking about?

We are discussing two chapters of the O.T. with regard to two points only, the revenge attacks on the Amalek and the taking of  the promised land.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2006 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 2:16pm

Quote:
Moses, do you think the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan was part of a divine plan ordained by G-d Himself?

???

Err no.

IP Logged

Justsayno

Australian Politics

On The Planet Earth
Reply #2007 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 3:36pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 12:09pm:
Justsayno wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 11:11am:
How does it feel to be found out Brian you charlatan?

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Run along little man.   

More ad hominem from a person that has been proven to be a fraud and a charlatan. 

Justsayno Go home and have talk to your fictitious autistic son, looser.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2008 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 5:04pm

moses wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 2:16pm:
Quote:

???

Err no.

You sound unsure, Moses.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2009 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 5:09pm

moses wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 2:08pm:
karnal wrote: Quote:

Ah the old do and say anything to excuse islamic terrorism, has kicked in again.

What are you talking about?

We are discussing two chapters of the O.T. with regard to two points only, the revenge attacks on the Amalek and the taking of  the promised land.

You're right. Good point.

Please remember this in future, Moses.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 ... 188
Send Topic Print