Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Changing Beers... OMG! (Read 9054 times)
True Blue...
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Changing Beers... OMG!
Jan 28th, 2014 at 9:59pm

traditionally I've always drank CUB...

the working mans beers..

Melbourne Bitter (when younger)
Victorian Bitter and
Carlton Draught....

non of this homosexual wine sipping garbage...  Roll Eyes

anyways.. my brother said to me a while back that he only drinks European beers because they are not allowed to put preservatives in them... 

and...

that he doesn't wake up with a hang over/headache the following morning after having a few.. he's not a big drinking by any means... myself, I never drink before a work day and he drinks less than me... so you do the math..

so anyways.. I've been browsing the internet and finding similar stories... hang over and headaches after drinking CUB products...

while down in Tasmania I've been drinking a couple of Cascades Pale Ale... and the following morning been waking up as fresh as a daisy ...  Smiley

Carlton Dry ( a newer beer )  is another good new product whereby you can have a good night on the turps and wake up pretty good the following day... its a new product that is low on carbs... its also low on flavour which I don't mind as other low carb beers are like drinking a bad home brew...  Angry

but Cascade Pale Ale is a great tasting beer... (156 carbs per stubby) you can taste the lightly roasted barley and it lingers on the palate between mouthfuls..  Smiley

so there you have it.. I'm a changed man.. and am willing to do some more exploring !!!!

Wink

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"

Benjamin Franklin

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Changing Beers... OMG!
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2014 at 10:07pm

I had a gutful of Cascade on tap when I was in Hobart as an 18/19 year old....... worst beer headache I've ever had..... the 4 mates on the trip were the same...

We drank Boags XXX for the rest of the trip.

We had a fair session(2 days) on the VB whilst we stayed in the Dandenong Motel waiting to catch the ferry to Tas.

Didn't get crook on that lolly water  Tongue

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

True Blue...
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2014 at 10:16pm

Cascade have about 10 different brews.. which one?

pale ale is one of the oldest brews in Australia... although im finding it hard to find on the main land... I've got an order in at Dan Murphy's..   

who say its one of their main stream beers but haven't got any...  Huh

anyways.... im moving on from the traditional CUB beers.. it's like losing your first child..  Cry Cry Cry

but anyways.. im open for change... im even willing to try Monkey's Fist...  Shocked

Grin

http://danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_733701/sail-anchor-monkey-s-fist-pale-ale

Benjamin Franklin

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2014 at 10:27pm

Surprisingly, one of the best beers I've had was when I was holidaying in Romania ...it's a local drop called Ursus .... it used to go down like water, no bloating at all, and I don't remember any hangovers from it. I was surprised with how good it was.

I haven't been able to find it here though, pity.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Frances
Gold Member

Australian Politics

In a Castle in the Hills
Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2014 at 10:32pm

I don't really like beer much....

Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 28th, 2014 at 10:33pm

Frances wrote on Jan 28th, 2014 at 10:32pm:

youjust haven't tried the right one!

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Jan 28th, 2014 at 11:28pm

The best drink, on a hot day, especially when up suffering from Queensland's heat...is shandy beer with lemonaide....so refreshing.
When I was 13, and in them olden days, at the outback country pubs, going in with dad in his travels....I had my first taste of shandy stout....and I loved it!
Apparently, mum told me, when she was pregnant with me, she was feeling that morning sickness, and a doctor told her to drink stout which would help...so maybe that's why I love it  Grin

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jan 29th, 2014 at 6:50pm

True Blue... wrote on Jan 28th, 2014 at 10:16pm:

pale ale is one of the oldest brews in Australia... although im finding it hard to find on the main land... I've got an order in at Dan Murphy's..   

anyways.... im moving on from the traditional CUB beers.. it's like losing your first child..  Cry Cry Cry

but anyways.. im open for change... im even willing to try Monkey's Fist...  Shocked

Grin

Where? Shocked

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

True Blue...
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jan 29th, 2014 at 7:57pm

Gnads wrote on Jan 29th, 2014 at 6:50pm:
True Blue... wrote on Jan 28th, 2014 at 10:16pm:

Grin

Where? Shocked

im not sure what I was thinking about there...

maybe something I could recommend for Frances ...

a good monkey's fist...  Tongue

Benjamin Franklin

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #9 - Jan 29th, 2014 at 7:57pm

Ye Gods - for a moment there I thought you were going to say they were going to axe XXXX - a Queensland XXXX addict is a fearsome sight when deprived of XXXX!  (I am too but I'm thinking of a different xxxx)......

All those Victorian beers.. well, no wonder they call Victoria Bitter.... (ptooey)...

Tooheys New or The Nectar Itself - Guinness from the tap!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

True Blue...
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 29th, 2014 at 7:58pm

Sophia wrote on Jan 28th, 2014 at 11:28pm:
The best drink, on a hot day, especially when up suffering from Queensland's heat...is shandy beer with lemonaide....so refreshing.
When I was 13, and in them olden days, at the outback country pubs, going in with dad in his travels....I had my first taste of shandy stout....and I loved it!
Apparently, mum told me, when she was pregnant with me, she was feeling that morning sickness, and a doctor told her to drink stout which would help...so maybe that's why I love it  Grin

struth... stout...

I had one once....

yes.. once...  Sad

Benjamin Franklin

IP Logged

True Blue...
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jan 29th, 2014 at 8:00pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 29th, 2014 at 7:57pm:
Ye Gods - for a moment there I thought you were going to say they were going to axe XXXX - a Queensland XXXX addict is a fearsome sight when deprived of XXXX!  (I am too but I'm thinking of a different xxxx)......

All those Victorian beers.. well, no wonder they call Victoria Bitter.... (ptooey)...

I work with a South Australian...

he says that VB stands for Vaginal Backwash...

real funny guy...  Roll Eyes

Benjamin Franklin

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jan 29th, 2014 at 8:04pm

Frances wrote on Jan 28th, 2014 at 10:32pm:

Chardonnay Latte` perhaps? I'll buy....  umm, perhaps a little of that rough Italian red - now that's not bad! Maltese home-made Port.. those Maltese know how to tramp a vintage....

Or a cocktail?  Drambuie in a bucket?

Ah - for Madame - as befits a lady - a little Benedictine - not the cheap brandy watered down stuff - the good drop from the Monk's mouth! Lightly chilled in the refrigerator until it is ... yummm - thick to the tongue and slides down like a fine oil....

Perhaps a small Guinness as a chaser?  Or does Madame prefer Irish whiskey - I am, humbly, something of a connoissieur of this drop..... I would....... share with you......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jan 29th, 2014 at 8:06pm

Sophia wrote on Jan 28th, 2014 at 11:28pm:

Hmm -  a Guinness one day then.... my nephews all credit me with leading them astray into the drinking of Guinness...

― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jan 29th, 2014 at 8:07pm

True Blue... wrote on Jan 29th, 2014 at 8:00pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 29th, 2014 at 7:57pm:

I work with a South Australian...

he says that VB stands for Vaginal Backwash...

It doesn't taste that good.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print