Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 70
Send Topic Print
underage marriage in Sydney (Read 112774 times)
Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: underage marriage in Sydney
Reply #60 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 9:12pm

I don't know about you FD but I'm so pleased Aussie jumped in with such current time relevant information...
Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy
It's fairly obvious he has other STUPID games in mind.

IP Logged

True Colours
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 11:45pm

Does this sound like rape or that anyone was forced  to marry someone against their will?

Quote:
...“She was crying like I have never heard before, they were telling her she couldn’t see (the man) today or tomorrow or possibly forever,’’ he said. “She’s being restrained against her will in foster care...

...The pair met at a Hunter Valley mosque late last year after the 26-year-old came to Australia to study at a nearby university...

...“She was saying she wanted to get married, I said before there was going to be problems because he was from Lebanon,’’ the father said. “I told him to go back to Lebanon, not nastily.”...

...“My daughter was not going to change her mind, I couldn’t talk her out of it,’’ he said...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/child-bride-12-was-married-in-her-fathers-house...

Every jurisdiction in Australia allows a 12 year-old to be charged with a crime.

Old enough to commit a crime, but not old enough to marry - make sense?
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2014 at 11:52pm by True Colours »  

IP Logged

wally1
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 5:12am

True Colours wrote on Feb 9th, 2014 at 11:45pm:
Does this sound like rape or that anyone was forced  to marry someone against their will?

Quote:
...“She was crying like I have never heard before, they were telling her she couldn’t see (the man) today or tomorrow or possibly forever,’’ he said. “She’s being restrained against her will in foster care...

...The pair met at a Hunter Valley mosque late last year after the 26-year-old came to Australia to study at a nearby university...

...“She was saying she wanted to get married, I said before there was going to be problems because he was from Lebanon,’’ the father said. “I told him to go back to Lebanon, not nastily.”...

...“My daughter was not going to change her mind, I couldn’t talk her out of it,’’ he said...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/child-bride-12-was-married-in-her-fathers-house...

Every jurisdiction in Australia allows a 12 year-old to be charged with a crime.

And Gandalf blames the muslim community for people actions.

Even the Newcastle Muslim association turned the couple away citing that the marriage was wrong.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #63 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 5:42am

Quote:
I'm not going to play your usual stupid tunnel vision game freediver.  My point was simple.  Christianity (Canon Law) allowed dirty old Kings and Commoners to marry kids, as did and does Islam.

So what exactly is your point Aussie? Do you think this is going to help prevent it happening now in Australia? Why even bring it up?

Quote:

Yes it does TC. You seem to be in favour of Muslims smacking kids. Can you clarify your view on this?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #64 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 6:50am

Just a thought, but maybe the father should have called the police and told them some creepy 26 year old was brainwashing his 12 year old daughter.

Its not as if there is some ambiguity in relation to Australian law here. There is also a role for mosques and other islamic organisations to play here - culturalise the muslim community that it is ok to treat crime as crime, and take the appropriate actions when confronted with it.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #65 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 6:59am

Should the cleric have alerted the authorities when the pedophile approached him and asked him to perform the marriage rites? Do you expect these people are aware of more such cases within the community?

Should they be "culturalising" the Muslim community that it is wrong to have sex with children?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #66 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 7:03am

wally1 wrote on Feb 10th, 2014 at 5:12am:

Quote:

And Gandalf blames the muslim community for people actions.

Even the Newcastle Muslim association turned the couple away citing that the marriage was wrong.

wally1,

This 12 year old girl and her 26 year old husband could NOT have been married, EXCEPT BY A MOSLEM COMMUNITY LEADER, an imam.

Don't you believe that the moslem community bares any responsibility, for this blatant breaking and disrespect of Australian laws ?
[...i'm pretending that i believe that moslems DO respect Australian laws!!! ....BECAUSE I KNOW THAT THEY [MOSLEMS] DO NOT!]

i.e.
If by his actions [of being willing to conduct the marriage of a 12 year old girl, here in Australia] a moslem community leader is fine with KNOWINGLY flouting and disrespecting of Australian laws, then what example is this moslem community leader giving to other moslems who are resident in Australia ?

And can we just put this down to a claim that moslems who are resident in Australia, didn't know the law [Australian law] relating to marriage, rape [already cited as a 'defence' in law, in a separate incident involving a moslem], stealing [from non-moslems - coz in Sharia law tells moslems it is lawful to take the property of infidels], plotting to murder Australians [coz in Sharia law, it is NOT illegal for moslems to murder infidels] ?

I can't believe this;
"Oh, we didn't know that this was against Australian law!"
, defence.

Moslems should NOT be resident in Australia, imo.

IMO, the Australian government should bring forwards laws, and pass those laws in parliament, to proscribe [ban] the practice of ISLAM in Australia.

But i'm not holding my breath.

Dictionary;
imam = =
1 the person who leads prayers in a mosque.
2 a title of various Muslim leaders, especially of one succeeding Muhammad as leader of Shiite Islam.

+++

"We moslems must obey the laws of our host country,
             .......except when those laws [of the host country] are in conflict with ISLAMIC law."

Yadda

But i have also seen that sentiment being expressed by moslems - using a similar form of words.

I'm looking for a quote from moslems, expressing that form of words.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #67 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 7:13am

Yadda wrote on Feb 10th, 2014 at 7:03am:

"We moslems must obey the laws of our host country,
             .......except when those laws [of the host country] are in conflict with ISLAMIC law."

Yadda

But i have also seen that sentiment being expressed by moslems - using a similar form of words.

I'm looking for a quote from moslems, expressing that form of words.

Google;
"Muslims must obey the law of the land unless", conflict with islamic law

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

wally1
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 7:46am

Who said you need a imam yadda?

All you need is a wali and 2 witnesses.

The wali is the father.

No imam needed

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #69 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 8:10am

wally1,

Thank you for that information.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #70 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 9:44am

Bobby. wrote on Feb 9th, 2014 at 12:22pm:
Dirty mussie pedophiles - they should be hanged in public.

Hang em and hang em high.

IP Logged

True Colours
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 9:53am

freediver wrote on Feb 10th, 2014 at 6:59am:
Should they be "culturalising" the Muslim community that it is wrong to have sex with children?

What definition of 'child' should be used? The scientific definition or the politicians' definition? Do they stop being a child when they reach the legislated deemed age of possible criminal responsibility (10 in every jurisdiction in Australia)?

Do they stop being a child at age 12 when they are lowed to have sex with someone 2 years older than themselves?

Do they stop being a child at age 14 when being too young to know the difference between right and wrong no longer remains a possible criminal defence?

Do they stop being a child at 16 when they are allowed to have sex with everyone except their teachers?

Do they stop being a child at 18 when they are finally allowed to marry?

Australian laws regarding the transition to adulthood- straightforward?

IP Logged

True Colours
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 10:05am

Should Australians be taught it is not OK to gang rape other men?

Fourth charged over man's sexual assault and torture

February 9, 2014 - 5:36PM

A fourth man has been charged over an alleged sexual assault and torture of another man on the Gold Coast.

The 17-year-old has been charged with one count each of torture, assault occasioning bodily harm, deprivation of liberty and sexual assault while armed in company.

Three others are each facing the same charges.

Police will allege the four men physically and sexually assaulted an 18-year-old Kingston man over a nine-hour period at a Southport address.

They are due to appear in the Southport Magistrates Court on Monday.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/fourth-charged-over-mans-sexual-assault-and-torture-20140209-329nw.html

Is Australia becoming Sodom and Gomorrah?

Quote:
But before they retired for the night, all the men of Sodom, young and old, came from all over the city and surrounded the house. They shouted to Lot, "Where are the men who came to spend the night with you? Bring them out to us so we can have sex with them!"
- Genesis 19

Quote:
Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.

Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, quarreling, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They invent new ways of sinning, and they disobey their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, are heartless, and have no mercy. They know God's justice requires that those who do these things deserve to die, yet they do them anyway. Worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.
  - Romans 1

Quote:
And don't forget Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighboring towns, which were filled with immorality and every kind of sexual perversion. Those cities were destroyed by fire and serve as a warning of the eternal fire of God's judgment.
- Jude 7

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #73 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 10:10am

Quote:
Is Australia becoming Sodom and Gomorrah?

Yes - it's the End Times.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #74 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 10:16am

True Colours wrote on Feb 10th, 2014 at 9:53am:
freediver wrote on Feb 10th, 2014 at 6:59am:

What definition of 'child' should be used?

True_Colours,

It has absolutely nothing to do with 'how old' [in years].

Surely, a 'child' becomes an 'adult' when/at that time that YOU [as the parent] are willing to allow your child to make her/his own life choices, for herself/himself [and that she/he can be personally responsible for the consequences of the choices she/he makes] ?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 70
Send Topic Print