Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 95
Send Topic Print
Rolf facing the music (Read 107862 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Re: Rolf facing the music
Reply #300 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 6:16pm

Rosie wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 5:58pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 2:34pm:
Rosie wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 2:22pm:
Black Orchid wrote on May 30th, 2014 at 1:13pm:
Most girls wear bikinis because they want a fuller tan when they are sunbaking, they wear short skirts because they are in fashion and to fit in with their peers, not because they want to be ogled by lecherous old men.

That has to be the most sensible comment I have read so far.

Grin Grin Grin

A fuller tan for who? The mirror? The boyfriend? The husband? The PE master?

Girls disport themselves on the beach in bikinis because .... they know they look good.

I thought this was all about 13 and 14 year old girls.  Being female I can remember being a 14 year old girl in a bikini on a beach.  I love it when men think they know how the female mind works.

I was referring to adults.

And yes, believe it or not men know better than women.  Cool Men have better judgment than women when it comes to people.

You women marry the sort of men that the rest of us men know will be hopeless as husbands. This country and the UK is stiff with the iconic 'Single Mothers' who didn't know sh!t from sherbet when it came to assessing a man to be a suitable husband and father.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #301 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 6:16pm

bump

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #302 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 6:17pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 2:30pm:
ian wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 10:19am:
Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 8:30am:

I'll grant you that what a man paints at his easel in his own home in private is no one's business but his own ~ decent or not.

But ... with Harris it adds more pieces to the jig-saw puzzle. It lends credibility to his accusers.

Actually Herbert, it makes the case even more complexing.  Pedophiles have an attraction to young prepubescent children, if he is one that would have been his focus. Instead we are hearing allegations of indecent assault from all ages including adults, it doesnt fit.

He's an unwelcome groper.

And forget the dictionary: If a fully grown adult male is getting his jollies off by lying in bed with a 14 year old girl ~ that's paedophilia. Spin it any way you like ~ it's a hairy adult in bed with a child.

No its not Herbert, pedophilia is an attraction to pre pubescent children. It may be a hairy adult in bed with a young teenager, but its not pedophilia. Unwelcome groping of teenagers is also not peodophilia.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #303 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 6:20pm

ian wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 6:17pm:
No its not Herbert, pedophilia is an attraction to pre pubescent children. It may be a hairy adult in bed with a young teenager, but its not pedophilia. Unwelcome groping of teenagers is also not peodophilia.

Good luck to you. Not a problem.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #304 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 6:27pm

Black Orchid wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 6:12pm:
"I was in Cambridge but didn't know I was in Cambridge" .. Rolf Harris

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Is there any suggestion that it was when Harris was in Cambridge (as part of what was obviously a rolling circus where the cast were driven all over the UK by bus) that any alleged offence occurred?

If there is none.....what is the big deal about this.  Bloody hell.....years ago......I used to go to all sorts of places (and commit no sexual offence,) including a cricket tour of New Zealand where we were driven around by bus.  I wouldn't have a clue now what all those places actually were.  It was a cricket pitch and some "Sheffield Shield type" Team we played.  I could easily and honestly swear right now that I've never been to Hamilton......but there is probably some video/film somewhere which may prove I was once in fact there.  Wow, Aussie deliberately lied about a meaningless event.

Turn it up!

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #305 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 6:30pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 6:27pm:
Black Orchid wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 6:12pm:
"I was in Cambridge but didn't know I was in Cambridge" .. Rolf Harris

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Is there any suggestion that it was when Harris was in Cambridge (as part of what was obviously a rolling circus where the cast were driven all over the UK by bus) that any alleged offence occurred?

If there is none.....what is the big deal about this.  Bloody hell.....years ago......I used to go to all sorts of places (and commit no sexual offence,) including a cricket tour of New Zealand where we were driven around by bus.  I wouldn't have a clue now what all those places actually were.  It was a cricket pitch and some "Sheffield Shield type" Team we played.  I could easily and honestly swear right now that I've never been to Hamilton......but there is probably some video/film somewhere which may prove I was.  Wow, Aussie deliberately lied about a meaningless event.

Turn it up!

Must have been a hell of a bender the night before and after the games..... but he IS rather old.... IO can remember when.... umm... yeah...

Oh - apparently the witness stated that he'd abused her at Cambridge during some 'games' or something.. and the video shows him in some 'games' in Cambridge for charity... not sure how closely that links with dates and times ....

Sounds good though.... especially that he denied ever being in Cambridge around that time... could have been a simple senior's moment....

Jeez - if anyone asked me where I played Rugby against New Zealand once... I'd be hard pressed to tell you... it was long ago and far away and I think it was.... umm.. Queensland....

"..and the Australian fullback is running on to Ballymore.. hardly the size to tangle with those hefty forwards there, being tall and slim, and well advised to stay away from the engine room... but fast on his feet and showing occasional flashes of brilliance.. but will he survive the test today at the hands of the all-conquering All Blacks.... or will this be his only appearance in the gold of the Wallabies....."

Yeah - stomped rotten by that pack and carried off....busted shoulder... talk about a hospital pass from a dropped ball behind a lineout... and no time to kick even though it made no difference to those hungry forwards anyway...
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2014 at 6:38pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #306 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 6:38pm

'When ever he goes through rain and snow

The people always let girls know, there's Rolfe the grope diddle diddle, diddle diddle oom

With his wandering hands diddle diddle, diddle diddle oom' Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #307 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 6:40pm

mantra wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 8:37am:
cods wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 6:52am:
he is charged with Indecent assault...mantra  of a minor..

not knowing the whole story I would think each one is different for instance the one whos family where all friends of the Harris' they went on holidays together...children are not always believed and some block it out I know someone who did this...she was in her 20s when she had flash backs..something triggers it to all come back..it was her grandfather and he was then dead.. but when she told the grandmother the grandmother wouldnt have a bar of it..... so who do they tell??... do you think anyone would have believed it of Rolf 40 years ago???...

no one talked about it then...

That's true, but most of these girls who claim sexual assault were 13 or 14 and
[b]old enough to tell someone who might believe them.
[/b]

I've never been a fan of Harris - always thought he was sleazy, although very talented. Still - why not bring up these issues even 20 years ago. How can an elderly man be expected to remember all the details even if he did grope young girls when he had the opportunity.
Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 7:34am:
He was a grubby little man who took liberties with girls and women with no concern for the embarrassment he caused them.

Sneaky 'gropers' are low-lifes' who lack the mature inhibitions that the average person exercises as part of being a civilised human being. 'Gropers' are thieves of girls' and women's right to be respected for their dignity.

Herbert - yes there are plenty of decent, civilised men around who would never take advantage of a young girl and being groped isn't pleasant. I encountered a few gropers as a teenager - in boardrooms, offices - and even walking around the shops in nice suburbs or at a crowded train station. It was something that many young girls just accepted.
Perhaps it was the micro mini skirts we wore back then - that's what my mother used to say anyway, but you either laughed it off with your girlfriends or just accepted it with disgust. I couldn't even put a name or face to a groper now and I certainly didn't lose any sleep over them.

The only reason Harris is remembered is because he's a celebrity. There's going to be a settlement in it for the alleged victims. This is all about money.

well  I'm going to have to say ...well said CODS... 

now there is a turn up eh??

I despise that people seek to excuse him...  because he is old..??  .

His victims are still young.. certainly able to REMEMBER...  it comes down to the justice system... it should apply to all equally,    and these legal actions would never have occurred unless there was considered to be MORE than enough evidence to convict. 

Not for Rolf Harris.  The Old Bill would only proceed if they were confident.

Now.. I know that doesn't mean he will be found guilty.. OK ?? 

But it should be enough to SHUT UP these supporters and excusers.

Don't you think??  Wait for the system to grind...

do not attempt to smear people through erroneous questions and suggestive comments.

It simply isn't cricket..  don't you know.??

live every day

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #308 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 6:53pm

I'll grant you that what a man paints at his easel in his own home in private is no one's business but his own ~ decent or not.

But ... with Harris it adds more pieces to the jig-saw puzzle. It lends credibility to his accusers.

Actually Herbert, it makes the case even more complexing.  Pedophiles have an attraction to young prepubescent children, if he is one that would have been his focus. Instead we are hearing allegations of indecent assault from all ages including adults, it doesnt fit.

And forget the dictionary: If a fully grown adult male is getting his jollies off by lying in bed with a 14 year old girl ~ that's paedophilia. Spin it any way you like ~ it's a hairy adult in bed with a child.

so what is it then???..

paedophile RINGS are mostly just that RINGS that go around the world... videos..showing all young children...all for the delight of men who are sitting in front of a computer..they pay highly for this material of course....

the children involved pay an even higher price .

but why are they called paedophiles...and someone who actually puts his hands on children without permission....is called

A>WHAT exactly?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #309 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 7:33pm

Rosie wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 5:58pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 2:34pm:
Rosie wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 2:22pm:
Black Orchid wrote on May 30th, 2014 at 1:13pm:
Most girls wear bikinis because they want a fuller tan when they are sunbaking, they wear short skirts because they are in fashion and to fit in with their peers, not because they want to be ogled by lecherous old men.

That has to be the most sensible comment I have read so far.

Grin Grin Grin

A fuller tan for who? The mirror? The boyfriend? The husband? The PE master?

Girls disport themselves on the beach in bikinis because .... they know they look good.

I thought this was all about 13 and 14 year old girls.  Being female I can remember being a 14 year old girl in a bikini on a beach.  I love it when men think they know how the female mind works.

There's not a man alive or dead that's ever been able to work out how the female mind works........totally unfathomable.y Roll Eyes Tongue

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #310 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 7:35pm

cods wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 6:53pm:

so what is it then???..

paedophile RINGS are mostly just that RINGS that go around the world... videos..showing all young children...all for the delight of men who are sitting in front of a computer..they pay highly for this material of course....

but why are they called paedophiles...and someone who actually puts his hands on children without permission....is called

A>WHAT exactly?

Take a pill cods ya frothing at the mouth Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #311 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 7:43pm

[

so what is it then???..

A>WHAT exactly?

Im not sure why this is hard to understand, pedophilia is the attraction to pre pubescent children. even slightly retarded people should be able to grasp this simple concept, a teenager is not a pre pubescent child.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #312 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 8:33pm

ian wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 7:43pm:
[

so what is it then???..

A>WHAT exactly?

Im not sure why this is hard to understand, pedophilia is the attraction to pre pubescent children. even slightly retarded people should be able to grasp this simple concept, a teenager is not a pre pubescent child.

Quite true - Once Upon A Time there lived a fourteen year old pricness, daughter of a mighty king, and one day, while he was musing over his never-ending wars with his rival king across the creek - he decided the best way was to consolidate a blood tie by marrying off his daughter to the son of the other king.

First he checked with the Royal maids-in-waiting (and in his bed at times) to be sure that she had cracked the womanhood code and had left marke of being ready for swiving on her creamy white sheets..... and yea, verily she were Woman Bled, and happily did the king consult with his neighbouring king and arranged they a wedding fit for royalty between the swain and the maid, and thus between the twain.... and of the two sheets of the marital bed, they had soon lain between those twain.... and proof given thereof by stain....

And the entire kingdom rejoiced in the new-fond womanhood of the princess on the day after her wedding and awaited with joy a new heir to both kingdoms now living in peace.....

And ye king bethought himself to the biblical times when it were meet for man and woman to be joined at age thirteen... and even north of ye border (not ye boarder) in Land of Scotia still there prevailed the practice of hand-fasting at such young age.... and he summoned his seer, Nostrildamus, who quoth that in time to come man and woman would not be so until reaching middle age of twenty and one, but that certain leeway would be made in the peasantry in order that their pleasantry be presently pleasured .. and indeed pleasurably... at age of fifteen summers or so..mayhap sixteen.

And ye king, fell and wrath, did banish Nostildamus to the wine cellar to drink off his befuddlement....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #313 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 9:50pm

[

so what is it then???..

A>WHAT exactly?

so what do you call someone who fiddles with a TEENAGER GIRL.... what name do you have for them??...you are claiming a 13 yr old is the same as a 19yr old arent you as they are all teens..

and you wouldnt mind a 20 yr old man taking out your 13 yr old daughter I gather???...

you would be quite trusting of him I am sure.

you wouldnt think for one moment he was a paedophile..

just someone who liked teenage girls.

IP Logged

Quantum
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #314 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 9:59am

cods wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 9:50pm:
[

so what is it then???..

A>WHAT exactly?

so what do you call someone who fiddles with a TEENAGER GIRL.... what name do you have for them??...you are claiming a 13 yr old is the same as a 19yr old arent you as they are all teens..

and you wouldnt mind a 20 yr old man taking out your 13 yr old daughter I gather???...

you would be quite trusting of him I am sure.

you wouldnt think for one moment he was a paedophile..

just someone who liked teenage girls.

If they are 13 then it is not paedophilia. Just because someone doesn't approve of such behaviour does not make it something else. If a 50 year old man was to have sex with a 13 year old girl then a crime has been committed, but it is not paedophilia.

There is a huge difference between being sexual attracted to children, and someone being attracted to a young person who is post puberty. Our society has constructed an age limit that makes Adult to under 16/18 an issue, but this line has moved over the years and is not consistent across the western world.

It is beyond insanity to think that if a female is 17 years and 364 days old that she cant be attractive to a grown man, but within 24 hours she will suddenly become sexually attractive and that will be ok. All the curves are exactly the same 1 day before 18 compared to 1 day after 18, why the hell would she not be attractive to a grown man? (A "grown man" being anyone 18+).

Your use of the word paedophilia would make every single straight male in Australia guilty of being one. Every straight male has been attracted to a girl under 18 at sometime, even when they themselves may have been over the age of 18.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 95
Send Topic Print