Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 95
Send Topic Print
Rolf facing the music (Read 107847 times)
Quantum
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Rolf facing the music
Reply #330 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 6:20pm

cods wrote on Jun 5th, 2014 at 5:34pm:
Quantum wrote on Jun 5th, 2014 at 2:10pm:
Which is why this case is happening. Because no women would be brought to trial for having a relationship with a man aged 18-29, nor would she be called a paedophile because she thought a 13 year old boy was cute or handsome.

If you want to complain about laws being made by men then also accept that many laws and court decisions hold men to a higher standard in practice than they do women. Women have taken on more and more responsibility in society over the last 50 years, but in the courts this is still the dark ages when it comes to women facing the consequences for failing those responsibilities.   

which planet are you from...many female school teachers are doing time for stepping over the line.....maybe you dont read the news as well as you should..

a famous case in America where the teacher had children to a 13 yr old.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

how soon you forget...when it suits..

men used to be held more  accountable.. but that has since long changed..women have been hung for murder..

the facts are MEN do make the laws... most of our LAWS are old and been there long before women even got the right to vote...

tell me how many women are in jail...

you dont know do you?

women roughly represent 7% of the prison population...

fortunately they dont go out Fri and Sat night on benders and belt each other up... YET....

but even you must admit that in the past booze was the excuse of many men doing the wrong thing.. and many men were excused because of the booze...

excuses for women.. I dont think so even women that have been abused for 25 years...when they finally kill the bastard do time..until you see a women that has been treated and threatened for a long time.by a person that is usually twice her size, its easy to judge...

Yes, yes, poor women. Always getting done over by the law by the big bad men Roll Eyes.

How about all those women who sexually assault men and get away with it? How about the women who got off with a slap on the wrist despite being guilt of statutory rape? And of course lets not even start with domestic abuse where the man is always treated as guilty until proven otherwise. Yes women are the ones getting done over by the courts. Just ask any man who has been divorced how lucky he is that he didn't get screwed over like his ex-wife did.

I particularly liked this example you gave of how men make the laws which is good for men...

Quote:
women roughly represent 7% of the prison population...

So 93% of people in gaol are men. And this is your evidence that women get the worse deal by the big bad men who make our laws...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #331 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 6:35pm

Quantum wrote on Jun 5th, 2014 at 6:20pm:
So 93% of people in gaol are men. And this is your evidence that women get the worse deal by the big bad men who make our laws...

how childish....it shows women do go to jail and they just dont do the wretched things men do...

gang rapes for one thing,...gang murders another..

one ghastly crime committed by the many.

IP Logged

Quantum
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #332 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 7:11pm

cods wrote on Jun 5th, 2014 at 6:35pm:

how childish....it shows women do go to jail and they just dont do the wretched things men do...

Your entire attitude is that men are bad. You're making some BS argument that men make all the laws and then apply them unfairly to women.

If an older women found a 13 year old boy handsome, waited until he was 18 and then had a 11 year relationship with him until his 29, you really reckon she would be pulled into court years latter and accused of exploiting an innocent child? You reckon anyone would feel sorry for the poor man for having an 11 year relationship as an adult because he just couldn't say no?

When it comes to acts of a sexual nature women have been given a free pass for years. Stop deluding yourself that the laws are somehow made to protect men.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #333 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 11:27pm

The man has a solid point.  'laws' as we know them have always been aimed at men - not because men as a social group actually do the crimes =- but for the simple reason that 'law' as practiced here has always been intended to 'keep the lower classes in line' .... and has been an extension of (civil) war by other means than weapons.

Men, by virtue of both their nature and their social roles are THE ones most likely to actively resist tyranny and reduction under despotism - as history clearly shows - and thus have always been the targets of 'law-making'.. with the worst examples by far the woman-favouring work placement policies (not laws - not legal), divorce and custody and 'domestic violence' non-laws, each and every one of which has reduced MEN under despotism, a new reign of terror, and of the despotism of induced poverty.  All of these render opposition in any real sense to a tyrannical government a very difficult thing indeed... precisely why these 'laws' were set up in the first place.

Anyone who has even been near a court in this country will know that.

https://sites.google.com/site/grappleruniversitypublications/home/legal-beagles/...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #334 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 11:49pm

Sophia wrote on Jun 5th, 2014 at 9:40am:

Totally irrelevant what that copper advised you about Gnads!
Doesn't matter, your daughter was a minor, and he being 21 or over, even if she was consensual, being the age she was, that's what laws are in place for (minors) to protect them and that's what parents roles are, to protect them.

I dare anyone to find out how the law deals with minors, and adults, that engage in sexual acitivities, and if a parent/guardian wants to press charges.

Come on, all the legal eagles here...put it in how the law deals with this, whether a minor was consensual or not.

correct, under 16, go to jail. The copper was wrong.

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #335 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 11:53pm

cods wrote on Jun 5th, 2014 at 5:43pm:
Quantum wrote on Jun 5th, 2014 at 2:10pm:
he problem is the word Paedophile is a word being chucked around in this thread when it is not appropriate. So far there has been no evidence that Rolf is a paedophile, nor is there any evidence that anyone who points out that he is not deemed to be a paedophile are somehow paedophile protectors. If you want to accuse him of anything then I guess you could call him a Hebephile as he has admitted to finding at least one 13 year old girl attractive. But he has not admitted to having touched her, nor has any actual evidence been presented that he did.

not sure if I have called Rolf a paedo??....and at the end of the day its not my place to call him anything.. he has been charged with " Indecent Assault"

May 28 (Reuters) - Veteran Australian entertainer Rolf Harris groomed and psychologically dominated a 13-year-old girl before repeatedly sexually abusing her, a British court was told on Wednesday.

A mainstay of family television entertainment for decades, Harris is charged with 12 counts of indecent assault against four girls, some as young as seven or eight, between 1968 and 1986. Seven of the counts relate to one woman.

Harris, who denies all the charges, told the jury on Tuesday he had been in a relationship with the woman, but that this had started when she was 18, not 13, and that it had been an adult and consensual affair.

"This was not a consensual relationship, this was child abuse. Grooming. You effectively psychologically dominated that girl," Prosecutor Sasha Wass said, addressing the 84-year-old, in the dock at London's Southwark Crown Court.

we didnt charge him with anything...how people see someone is just an opinion..you cannot command anyone to think differently to yourself..thats a fact....

are they on sex offender lists will Rolf be on one if he is found guilty...I wouldnt know...all I know is a lot of people would be thinking the worst of him....they dont care what the law calls it.. these girls were under age...I am almost positive they would not have realised they were being assaulted at the time..especially if they were 7 or 8.
Regardless of the prosecuters emotionally driven statements in court having an affair with a teenager is not pedophilia or child abuse and certainly would not fit the pattern of a serial child molester, I maintain there is something fishy about all these allegations.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #336 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 7:31am

Quantum wrote on Jun 5th, 2014 at 7:11pm:

Your entire attitude is that men are bad. You're making some BS argument that men make all the laws and then apply them unfairly to women.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE I CLAIMED WOMEN WERE UNFAIRLY TREATED BY THE LAW???/???

If an older women found a 13 year old boy handsome, waited until he was 18 and then had a 11 year relationship with him until his 29, you really reckon she would be pulled into court years latter and accused of exploiting an innocent child? You reckon anyone would feel sorry for the poor man for having an 11 year relationship as an adult because he just couldn't say no?

I DONT EVEN KN OW WHAT THAT RANT MEANS....

HARRIS HASNT BEEN CHARGED WITH ANYTHING AFTER SHE TURNED 18.......

HE HAS BEEN CHARGED WITH INDECENT ASSAULT AT 13.....

IF A YOUNG MAN BROUGHT A CHARGE OF IN DECENT ASSAULT AGAINST A WOMEN WHEN HE WAS 13 I AM SURE THE LAW WOULD STEP IN AND CHARGE HER..

When it comes to acts of a sexual nature women have been given a free pass for years. Stop deluding yourself that the laws are somehow made to protect men.

ITS YOU THAT ARE DELUDED YOU ARE NOT READING THE FACTS...

YOU ARE MAKING UP COMPARISONS....HARRIS IS NOT CHARGED WITH HAVING A CONSENSUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH THAT WOMEN...HE IS CHARGED WITH PUTTING HIS HANDS ON HER WHEN SHE WAS 13..........

SHE MAY HAVE ENJOYED IT.. WHO KNOWS... I DONT CARE..THE THING IS IT WAS A CRIME TO TOUCH A GIRL OF THAT AGE AND HE WAS OF AN AGE WHERE HE SHOULD HAVE KNOW BETTER.AND BEEN MORE IN CONTROL OF HIS BEHAVIOR..

you have no idea what my attitude is at all you are reading what you want to read thats obvious...rolf harris is charged with INDECENT ASSAULT...nothing whatever to do with having a relationship with someone when they turned 18...pathetic.

you are saying because she slept with him at 18 that made what happened at 13 a non event

Mary Kay Fualaau (née Schmitz, formerly Mary Kay Letourneau; born January 30, 1962) is a former schoolteacher who pleaded guilty to two counts of felony second degree rape of a child. The victim was her 12-year-old student, Vili Fualaau. Her plea agreement called for three months in jail and no contact with Fualaau for life.

One month after her release from jail, she was caught by police with Fualaau. The court found that she was in violation of the conditions of the plea agreement, vacated it and re-sentenced her to seven years in prison. She was incarcerated from 1998 to 2004.

Before her first arrest, she was impregnated by Fualaau and gave birth to their daughter while out on bail. She was impregnated by Fualaau a second time shortly after being released from jail in 1998 and gave birth to another girl while in prison.

After her release in 2004, she married Fualaau and took his name.[

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #337 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 8:53am

ian wrote on Jun 5th, 2014 at 11:49pm:
Sophia wrote on Jun 5th, 2014 at 9:40am:

Totally irrelevant what that copper advised you about Gnads!
Doesn't matter, your daughter was a minor, and he being 21 or over, even if she was consensual, being the age she was, that's what laws are in place for (minors) to protect them and that's what parents roles are, to protect them.

I dare anyone to find out how the law deals with minors, and adults, that engage in sexual acitivities, and if a parent/guardian wants to press charges.

Come on, all the legal eagles here...put it in how the law deals with this, whether a minor was consensual or not.

correct, under 16, go to jail. The copper was wrong.

Exactly, and they don't call them under 16 yrs of age "jail bate" for no reason  Wink

IP Logged

Quantum
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #338 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 9:33am

cods wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 7:31am:
Quantum wrote on Jun 5th, 2014 at 7:11pm:

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE I CLAIMED WOMEN WERE UNFAIRLY TREATED BY THE LAW???/???

I DONT EVEN KN OW WHAT THAT RANT MEANS....

HARRIS HASNT BEEN CHARGED WITH ANYTHING AFTER SHE TURNED 18.......

HE HAS BEEN CHARGED WITH INDECENT ASSAULT AT 13.....

IF A YOUNG MAN BROUGHT A CHARGE OF IN DECENT ASSAULT AGAINST A WOMEN WHEN HE WAS 13 I AM SURE THE LAW WOULD STEP IN AND CHARGE HER..

ITS YOU THAT ARE DELUDED YOU ARE NOT READING THE FACTS...

YOU ARE MAKING UP COMPARISONS....HARRIS IS NOT CHARGED WITH HAVING A CONSENSUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH THAT WOMEN...HE IS CHARGED WITH PUTTING HIS HANDS ON HER WHEN SHE WAS 13..........

SHE MAY HAVE ENJOYED IT.. WHO KNOWS... I DONT CARE..THE THING IS IT WAS A CRIME TO TOUCH A GIRL OF THAT AGE AND HE WAS OF AN AGE WHERE HE SHOULD HAVE KNOW BETTER.AND BEEN MORE IN CONTROL OF HIS BEHAVIOR..

you have no idea what my attitude is at all you are reading what you want to read thats obvious...rolf harris is charged with INDECENT ASSAULT...nothing whatever to do with having a relationship with someone when they turned 18...pathetic.

you are saying because she slept with him at 18 that made what happened at 13 a non event

Mary Kay Fualaau (née Schmitz, formerly Mary Kay Letourneau; born January 30, 1962) is a former schoolteacher who pleaded guilty to two counts of felony second degree rape of a child. The victim was her 12-year-old student, Vili Fualaau. Her plea agreement called for three months in jail and no contact with Fualaau for life.

One month after her release from jail, she was caught by police with Fualaau. The court found that she was in violation of the conditions of the plea agreement, vacated it and re-sentenced her to seven years in prison. She was incarcerated from 1998 to 2004.

Before her first arrest, she was impregnated by Fualaau and gave birth to their daughter while out on bail. She was impregnated by Fualaau a second time shortly after being released from jail in 1998 and gave birth to another girl while in prison.

After her release in 2004, she married Fualaau and took his name.[

You are seriously unhinged. You are the one going on about laws being made only by men (complete BS). And like your 7% of people in gaol are women, you yet again come with a another shot in the foot...

"two counts of felony second degree rape of a child. The victim was her 12-year-old student, Vili Fualaau. Her plea agreement called for three months in jail and no contact with Fualaau for life."

3 months! Justice has been done... Roll Eyes So if Rolf gets done for only touching a 13 year old he should get what? 3 weeks?

I complain about women getting off lightly for crimes of a sexual nature. You try to prove me wrong by showing how a women got a whole 3 months gaol for raping a 12 year old! Well done!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #339 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 7:18pm

Quantum wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 9:33am:
You are seriously unhinged. You are the one going on about laws being made only by men (complete BS). And like your 7% of people in gaol are women, you yet again come with a another shot in the foot...

"two counts of felony second degree rape of a child. The victim was her 12-year-old student, Vili Fualaau. Her plea agreement called for three months in jail and no contact with Fualaau for life."

3 months! Justice has been done...  So if Rolf gets done for only touching a 13 year old he should get what? 3 weeks?

I complain about women getting off lightly for crimes of a sexual nature. You try to prove me wrong by showing how a women got a whole 3 months gaol for raping

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #340 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 11:09pm

enough, OK....!!

He has been charged with Indecent Assault among other things,  of more than one person,...  when they were UNDERAGE.

S.. he says he is just a touchie feely kind of bloke.. no sex intended.

Let the Court decide.  As for  ( i think you'll find it's )

18 yrs and over...  ??

that is not relevant to this matter,  as Cods has tried to point out to you.  That is not the reason for this trial... so stop trying to deflect into irrelevancies,  that'd be good  thanks...Quantum... you love a stir,, but try to keep it on topic..?? yeah ..??

live every day

IP Logged

Quantum
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #341 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 11:51pm

Emma wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 11:09pm:
enough, OK....!!

He has been charged with Indecent Assault among other things,  of more than one person,...  when they were UNDERAGE.

18 yrs and over...  ??

that is not relevant to this matter,  as Cods has tried to point out to you.  That is not the reason for this trial... so stop trying to deflect into irrelevancies,  that'd be good  thanks...Quantum... you love a stir,, but try to keep it on topic..?? yeah ..??

All anyone has been trying to point out to cods is the meaning of the word pedophile. She doesn't seem to get the simple fact that no matter what happens at the end of this case Rolf will not be classed as a pedo. Of course when that simple fact is pointed out she responds with some crap about laws being made by men for men etc.

As for the 18 and over, it is very relevant when the girl in question was also the 18 and over relationship at a later date. This women had a relationship with the man for 11 years as an adult who she now claims was touching her underage, and never once in these 11 years thought "there is something not right here... I better end this and report it". Of course now that the relationship is long over she sells her story to the media, gets caught out adding a bit of flare to make the story sound better, and that's not relevant? That 11 year adult relationship is very relevant to the underage claims.

IP Logged

Mattywisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #342 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 11:57pm

So has there been any real credible evidence against him yet other than speculation ?

I gave up reading about it after the far fetched stories & the girl claiming she was molested in the two little boys line in public and no one saw anything.

I'll have a google.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #343 - Jun 7th, 2014 at 12:22am

Quantum wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 11:51pm:
enough, OK....!!

18 yrs and over...  ??

All anyone has been trying to point out to cods is the meaning of the word pedophile. She doesn't seem to get the simple fact that no matter what happens at the end of this case Rolf will not be classed as a pedo. Of course when that simple fact is pointed out she responds with some crap about laws being made by men for men etc.

As for the 18 and over, it is very relevant when the girl in question was also the 18 and over relationship at a later date. This women had a relationship with the man for 11 years as an adult who she now claims was touching her underage, and never once in these 11 years thought "there is something not right here... I better end this and report it". Of course now that the relationship is long over she sells her story to the media, gets caught out adding a bit of flare to make the story sound better, and that's not relevant?
That 11 year adult relationship is very relevant to the underage claims

WHY IS THAT?????
DOESN"T MEAN A LONG TERM ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP...ie 5 YRS whilst she was a child IE  UNDERAGE NEVER HAPPENED.!!!

As for the 18 and over, it is very relevant when the girl in question was also the 18 and over relationship at a later date. This women had a relationship with the man for 11 years as an adult who she now claims was touching her underage, and never once in these 11 years thought "there is something not right here... I better end this and report it".

UMMM Qu ??  The MAN  was ROLF  HARRIS.!!!!!!!!

after 5 yrs as his plaything.. as a child.AND having survived it.. YES  having .SURVIVED THAT  ... she became 18...  and  somehow .. miraculously.. she is supposed to do .. exactly  what ??? Denounce everyone's fave aussie as a child molestor.  Because ,  a 13 yr old girl IS A CHILD.

So.. in your lights,  hes not a peadophile.. [b]he's just a child molestor.[/b] 
Is that right..?? Qu ??

That is your opinion..?? Shocked

live every day

IP Logged

Quantum
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #344 - Jun 7th, 2014 at 12:49am

Emma wrote on Jun 7th, 2014 at 12:22am:
Quantum wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 11:51pm:
enough, OK....!!

18 yrs and over...  ??

As for the 18 and over, it is very relevant when the girl in question was also the 18 and over relationship at a later date. This women had a relationship with the man for 11 years as an adult who she now claims was touching her underage, and never once in these 11 years thought "there is something not right here... I better end this and report it". Of course now that the relationship is long over she sells her story to the media, gets caught out adding a bit of flare to make the story sound better, and that's not relevant?
That 11 year adult relationship is very relevant to the underage claims

WHY IS THAT?????
DOESN"T MEAN A LONG TERM ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP...ie 5 YRS whilst she was a child IE  UNDERAGE NEVER HAPPENED.!!!

As for the 18 and over, it is very relevant when the girl in question was also the 18 and over relationship at a later date. This women had a relationship with the man for 11 years as an adult who she now claims was touching her underage, and never once in these 11 years thought "there is something not right here... I better end this and report it".

UMMM Qu ??  The MAN  was ROLF  HARRIS.!!!!!!!!

after 5 yrs as his plaything.. as a child.AND having survived it.. YES  having .SURVIVED THAT  ... she became 18...  and  somehow .. miraculously.. she is supposed to do .. exactly  what ??? Denounce everyone's fave aussie as a child molestor.  Because ,  a 13 yr old girl IS A CHILD.

So.. in your lights,  hes not a peadophile.. [b]he's just a child molestor.[/b] 
Is that right..?? Qu ??

That is your opinion..?? Shocked

Is this really so hard to get these simple facts through your drugged up head?

1. Even if he was smacking her brains out 7 nights a week and again before breakfast on Sundays, he would not be a pedophile! She was 13. Is a dictionary too complex for you to understand?

2. She became 18 and had a consensual adult relationship with him. She kept this going while she was 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, and 29 years of age. At about 21, she couldn't have thought to her self;

"this man used to touch me when I was 13. That was wrong. I have to stop this and report him."

No? She kept spreading ze legs for another 8 years, and after that, still said nothing. Had she said;

"when I was 13 he touched me. I was so scared. When I grew up I got as far away from him as I could. It messed me up and only now do I feel ready to report it".

Fair enough. But is that the case? No. Instead it is;

"when I was 13 he touched me (Not that I have any proof of that and my story smells like a sweaty arse, but let's just accept my claims). We stayed together until I was 29 (because he used his Jedi mind powers on me). Now that I'm older and having nothing going for me I thought this would be a great time to cash in..

How you can ignore the 11 year relationship like it never happened it ridiculous. It completely changes her whole story.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 95
Send Topic Print