Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 95
Send Topic Print
Rolf facing the music (Read 107805 times)
Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Re: Rolf facing the music
Reply #345 - Jun 7th, 2014 at 1:04am

In fact..you are incorrect.

I)  I didn't call him a pdphle

2) The music Rolf is facing  DOES NOT RELATE to what you insist is some sort of proof of innocence.  THIS IS NOT RELEVANT........ in LAW.  No matter what YOU think.

Can you understand THAT SIMPLE ISSUE.?

I do hope lawyers and such agree with me  here.

I find people's belief that somehow the LAW ought to do what THEY think is right... puerile... immature... unrealistic..they are not living in knowledge of what they espouse, but ignorance...
..this exchange is a perfect example .

live every day

IP Logged

Mattywisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #346 - Jun 7th, 2014 at 1:09am

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #347 - Jun 7th, 2014 at 1:20am

live every day

IP Logged

Mattywisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #348 - Jun 7th, 2014 at 1:25am

The thread was not showing that is why I posted that.

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #349 - Jun 7th, 2014 at 1:27am

Emma wrote on Jun 7th, 2014 at 1:04am:

2) The music Rolf is facing  DOES NOT RELATE to what you insist is some sort of proof of innocence.  THIS IS NOT RELEVANT........ in LAW.  No matter what YOU think.

I find people's belief that somehow the LAW ought to do what THEY think is right... puerile... immature... unrealistic..they are not living in knowledge of what they espouse, but ignorance...

Jesus H. Talk about drug f*cked. Clean up your act.

IP Logged

sherri
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #350 - Jun 7th, 2014 at 6:43am

Mattywisk wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 11:57pm:
So has there been any real credible evidence against him yet other than speculation ?

I gave up reading about it after the far fetched stories & the girl claiming she was molested in the two little boys line in public and no one saw anything.

I'll have a google.

When I first read about the charges I did wonder if it was just fallout from all the Jimmy Sevile publicity. Maybe women hopping on the bandwagon etc

But recently there was an article in the paper by a woman who works on aussie radio,and she said that many years ago, she wanted him in for a radio interview. Her co-host wasn't keen, said he had a reputation in the media as a bit of a dirty old man.
But anyway, Harris gave the interview, he came over as warm and friendly, it all went well, then he posed for photos with them. But as he was posing, she felt his hand going around and groping part of her breast, but not where other people or the camera could see it.

Now she obviously was an adult at the time, so this isn't a case of paedophilia. But I do believe everything she wrote, it had the ring of truth. She said she was embarrassed to tell her co-host till some time afterwards and didn't mention it to others.

What it suggests to me is Harris has been a bit of a groper and maybe he doesn't mind taking a risk, maybe that was part of the thrill. Men like that probably sum up their victims beforehand-are they forceful, are they likely to kick up a fuss or be embarrassed and not say a thing?

My own personal suspicion is Harris has been guilty of quite a few offences. I wouldn't call him a paedophile as such if the girls have been past puberty, but he is probably guilty of taking advantage of his position as an adult of power. There's a reason why laws protect teens under 16.
He's been sleazy and arrogant and his past is catching up with him.
One or two people you might put down to opportunism, but when you start to have a lot of different people with sleazy stories about him, well, the odds are starting to look like he is guilty to me.
And it also sounds to me as if the fact was an open secret in the entertainment industry. The media are always after priests and such who did not report abuse they heard of, but those in the media are no different.
What it comes down to is if you don't see it yourself, you probably don't report it, but you do talk about it.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #351 - Jun 7th, 2014 at 7:09am

My suspicion is that he will be found not guilty, or will win on appeal.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #352 - Jun 7th, 2014 at 8:11am

Mattywisk wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 11:57pm:
]So has there been any real credible evidence against him yet other than speculation ?[/highlight]

I gave up reading about it after the far fetched stories & the girl claiming she was molested in the two little boys line in public and no one saw anything.

I'll have a google.

hilarious.... what credible evidence is there usually in child indecent assault cases.

do you think the child should have had a witness... a camera perhaps..???

what sort of idiot are you??...

he has already proved he is a liar by claiming he hadnt been to Cambridge...in the 70s..
where an incident allegedly happened...

someone who was adept at touchy feely would be so quick.. and be honest who would have thought someone like Rolf would even think of doing that and therefore be watching his hands...

I dont know....I have never witnessed an assault of this kind so I would probably think I imagined it.. you would need to be on the receiving end to know what its like to have a hand grope at you...

and a child doesnt usually talk about it at the time..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #353 - Jun 7th, 2014 at 8:23am

I think the thread has been highjacked by paedophilia .. I doi not recall calling him a paedo either.. but some seem to think thats the whole point of this case..

when in fact it has not a thing to do with it...

even the pics on his computer that were confiscated have not been referred to as paedo...not that I am aware of...

so all this excruciating argument about is he a crim or just a dirty old man...seems pointless to me...and when they get rude and abusive why would you bother trying to debate anything with them.. Angry

this is a HIGH PROFILE CASE..its that simple.. if he was the local plumber wouldnt be news...

when it comes to just touching...most people move on and wouldnt make a case out of it..this guy is LOVED BY ALL after all...and some would say so whats the harm touching a breast he would say just a slip up.. nothing meant by it.....

some even think its an illness even paedolphilia is an illness... tough luck about the victims.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #354 - Jun 7th, 2014 at 10:12am

Well it'll be interesting when Rolf's daughter gets charged with perjury for saying the assault that was supposed to have happened in her presence never happened. Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Quantum
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #355 - Jun 7th, 2014 at 10:56am

cods wrote on Jun 7th, 2014 at 8:23am:

I think the thread has been highjacked by paedophilia .. I doi not recall calling him a paedo either.. but some seem to think thats the whole point of this case..

when in fact it has not a thing to do with it...

even the pics on his computer that were confiscated have not been referred to as paedo...not that I am aware of...

so all this excruciating argument about is he a crim or just a dirty old man...seems pointless to me...and when they get rude and abusive why would you bother trying to debate anything with them.. Angry

this is a HIGH PROFILE CASE..its that simple.. if he was the local plumber wouldnt be news...

when it comes to just touching...most people move on and wouldnt make a case out of it..this guy is LOVED BY ALL after all...and some would say so whats the harm touching a breast he would say just a slip up.. nothing meant by it.....

some even think its an illness even paedolphilia is an illness... tough luck about the victims.

BS you didn't make this about pedophilia. Did you forget the last couple of days already...

cods wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 6:53pm:
so what is it then???..

paedophile RINGS are mostly just that RINGS that go around the world... videos..showing all young children...all for the delight of men who are sitting in front of a computer..they pay highly for this material of course....

the children involved pay an even higher price .

but why are they called paedophiles...and someone who actually puts his hands on children without permission....is called

A>WHAT exactly?

cods wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 9:50pm:
so what do you call someone who fiddles with a TEENAGER GIRL.... what name do you have for them??...you are claiming a 13 yr old is the same as a 19yr old arent you as they are all teens..

and you wouldnt mind a 20 yr old man taking out your 13 yr old daughter I gather???...

you would be quite trusting of him I am sure.

you wouldnt think for one moment he was a paedophile..

just someone who liked teenage girls.

You have made it very clear that you consider someone who touches a 13 year old as a pedophile. It has been explained to you that it is not, but you just hit back that it is splitting hairs over words and men making laws for men etc.

A brief read back of the last couple of pages makes it clear as day that you are the one going on about him being a pedophile. In your mind;

*Someone who touches a 13 year old is a pedo.
*Rolf touched a 13 year old.

You can't support those two positions and then claim to not have not called him a pedo, or to have made this about pedophilia.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #356 - Jun 7th, 2014 at 9:12pm

once again Q  you seek to change the topic.

Whatever Cods did or did not say is again irrelevant.

We will no doubt have more ,  yet to come.  Hang in there.

Still,  it is really sad , isn't it.?

Sad  The real world encroaches on our paradigms.  Angry Cry

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #357 - Jun 7th, 2014 at 9:22pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 7th, 2014 at 7:09am:
My suspicion is that he will be found not guilty, or will win on appeal.

You may be right Knight Errant Sir Grappler.

At the very least, the airing of this case in the public forum has ..to some extent..  raised to higher levels the importance of INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITTY.

I have no real doubt personally, that he has indeed been a perpetrator of child abuse.
What amazes me is the courage of the women who have come forward to say what they have been too afraid to even contemplate in the past. 

The Saville Case has opened , boy has it opened , some pretty yuk  cans of worms.
The fact that this has enabled these women to speak up,  should not be condemned by you..  it should be embraced.

It is not... is it?? 
Why would that be..??

Just the sadly too common fear and paranoia some weak men feel towards women...  ?? 

or.. do you protest because perhaps you..... ???

Well then obviously your rhetoric makes more sense.  Angry Tongue Tongue Tongue

live every day

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #358 - Jun 8th, 2014 at 5:45am

Dearest Emma,

When did I say anything of the kind?

"The Saville Case has opened , boy has it opened , some pretty yuk  cans of worms.
The fact that this has enabled these women to speak up,  should not becondemned by you..  it should be embraced."

I merely look at the evidence offered to date and the requirements of Law as opposed to 'law' that seems to suggest that a complainant has some right to have a claim accepted without proof and in the face of contradictory evidence (one witness' own diary of the day  an attack was alleged), often of a substantial or at least equal nature (such as Rolf Harris' daughter and 180 degrees opposite testimony) - and point out the very real danger of 'guilt by accusation' and 'condemnation by accusation'.

After a period of years memories are not always accurate, and we retain at least some vestige of 'benefit of the doubt' and the requirement for an accuser to prove a case beyond any reasonable doubt.

I, for one, am simply not in a position to know the mind of the witnesses, but I find it bizarre that all these apparently public episodes in front of other people occurred, and yet remained unnoticed, and on top of that the primary case seems to be a sexual relationship direct - a pretty normal event for those over a certain age - and with a difference of opinion over the age and time at which this started, and how consensual it was.

Where are the media/entertainment etc people present or involved in or near an episode or 'in the know' who 'covered it up'?  Are they flooding forward to say they knew all along but said nothing?  Surely not all would be so in fear of their job etc now as to not come forward?  Surely there are many who would now come forward and offer substantial evidence rather than 'he had a reputation'.

As the late 'Hurrcane' Carter said :-  "I'm doing three consecutive life terms for murder - not for attempted adultery."  He meant that reputation has nothing to do with facts.. pretty simple really... and let me again point out that the Supreme Court here requires that an 'expert opinion' must be supported by fact proven and provable.  Red should know that if properly set in place this would cause 90% of police accusations to be thrown out of court, since 90% of 'cases' are purely on the version of events of police without substantial corroboration.  As an aside here - the number of complaints of assault BY police is significantly lower in police stations and near vehicles covered by CCTV......... (**lets that one hang out there for you all to understand).............

'Reputations' can be built on anything.... and one thing you can guarantee about people is they will not accept a story unless it is juicy and shows the person discussed in a poor light - we need to be wary of that.  Is it not bizarre that many women these days feel that they were 'oppressed' in the past through having to abide by social standards that were placed on them by near-unspoken and 'general society' "rules" and being criticised and condemned for breaches of those 'rules' - yet these same women now demand that similar "rules" be applied at their whim when they "feel" another's reputation warrants it, and the unspoken rule should be 'guilty by accusation if the accuser is a woman'?

Sorry - this has nothing to do with 'courageous women coming forward' - it has everything to do with Law and its requirements - and whether or not we should even contemplate lowering the value of evidence when the complainant is of one gender rather than the other.

The Law (and law, legislation and regulation) has little enough genuine protection for an accused as it is, and those protections provided are more proven in the abuse than in the keeping as it is - and I'm sorry to say that the very thin protection currently provided will not be thinned ever further to encompass some semi-religious, Delphic oracular, 'feminist' idea of women's oppression and rights.

THAT is why I say Harris will most likely walk - the evidence is simply not compelling, and if convicted by an emotionally driven jury, that is why I say he will win on appeal.

I'm not defending wrong or counter-accusing anyone or pointing fingers at anyone (other than the faintly absurd and laughable feminist dogma) - I do not have possession of the full and substantial by law facts and was not present at the time of the allegations - I am merely defending Right in law.

« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2014 at 6:03am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #359 - Jun 8th, 2014 at 5:58am

Gary Glitter joins the band of alleged sex offenders.

Glitter, 70, whose real name is Paul Gadd, became the first person to be arrested as part of Operation Yewtree, the national investigation launched in the wake of abuse claims against Jimmy Savile, when he was held at his home in central London in October 2012.
He was later released on police bail, which was extended in March this year.

"Having completed our review, we have concluded, in accordance with the Code for Crown Prosecutors, that there is sufficient evidence and it is in the public interest for Mr Gadd to be charged with eight offences under the Sexual Offences Act 1956."

The charges relate to two female complainants who were aged between 12 and 14 at the time of the alleged offending between 1977 and 1980.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/gary-glitter-to-be-charged-with-eight-sex-offences-a...

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 95
Send Topic Print