Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 95
Send Topic Print
Rolf facing the music (Read 107785 times)
Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Rolf facing the music
Reply #390 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 11:27am

From daily reports during the trial, I find the prosecution evidence more compelling......HOWEVER, in the absence of being present and hearing/watching everything said by every witness, I'm wavering between "beyond reasonable doubt" and "on the balance of probabilities" on proof  of the charges relating to the woman with whom Harris went on to engage in an adult relationship.
Am not saying the abuse didn't start at 13..... am saying I'm unsure if it's been proven to the required standard.

In relation to charges involving the other three complainants, think he'll be found guilty.

IP Logged

Adamant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #391 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 12:28pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 9th, 2014 at 10:44am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 9th, 2014 at 9:02am:
... Or Brixton on a Sa'dee Nigh', Guv!

Christ no.

Isn't that where they had the Race Riots a few years ago?

You may not know you visited Brixton, its too dark, see.  Shocked

In real life Gandalf is known as Mr 10%

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #392 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 2:39pm

Alinta wrote on Jun 9th, 2014 at 11:27am:
From daily reports during the trial, I find the prosecution evidence more compelling......HOWEVER, in the absence of being present and hearing/watching everything said by every witness, I'm wavering between "beyond reasonable doubt" and "on the balance of probabilities" on proof  of the charges relating to the woman with whom Harris went on to engage in an adult relationship.
Am not saying the abuse didn't start at 13..... am saying I'm unsure if it's been proven to the required standard.

In relation to charges involving the other three complainants, think he'll be found guilty.

I've not been following the case/evidence sufficiently to make any sensible comment so I'll make one which is not based on sense.  I reckon the Jury will let him go ~ sympathy for an old bloke, reverence to his long and successful career and a bit of rub-off from his clear close association with the Queen.  crappy reasons, I know, but I've seen Juries do the most unexpected things.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #393 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 12:00am

me too Smiley  Smiley

live every day

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #394 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 12:16am

Aussie wrote on Jun 9th, 2014 at 2:39pm:

I've not been following the case/evidence sufficiently to make any sensible comment so I'll make one which is not based on sense.  I reckon the Jury will let him go ~ sympathy for an old bloke, reverence to his long and successful career and a bit of rub-off from his clear close association with the Queen.  crappy reasons, I know, but I've seen Juries do the most unexpected things.

Wow! What credentials you have  Grin

Is that a bet each way or BS all the way? Or is it just another ridiculous unfounded assumption from somebody who doesn't care enough to look?
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2014 at 1:47am by Amadd »  

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #395 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 6:41am

Adamant wrote on Jun 9th, 2014 at 12:28pm:
You may not know you visited Brixton, its too dark, see.  Shocked

Wall to wall Jungle Bunnies ~ is that what you're telling me? ...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #396 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 6:59am

Amadd wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 12:16am:

Is that a bet each way or BS all the way? Or is it just another ridiculous unfounded assumption from somebody who doesn't care enough to look?

YES.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #397 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 7:06am

Rolf will need to get some kind of sentence.. they have to send a message. this is a crime..and no one gets away with it..

maybe home detention this is costing him a lot for sure so maybe a fine compensation..something that can hurt.....hes been a bit arrogant singing in court..and calling them liars..even his mates say he was very hands on...that may be ok with an adult.. but not a child..

I am glad I am not the one to sentence him..going to jail will prove nothing and change nothing..may even kill him...

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #398 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 7:22am

I've not been following the case/evidence sufficiently to make any sensible comment ...

Grin Grin Grin

So what's new?

.... and a bit of rub-off from his clear close association with the Queen.

The Queen had all his paintings ripped off the walls of Buckingham Palace and elsewhere as a token of his guilt well before the trial had even started ...

Whereas she once saw him well-hung in her private chambers, he no longer enjoys her patronage.  Cool 

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #399 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 7:56am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 7:22am:
The Queen had all his paintings ripped off the walls of Buckingham Palace and elsewhere as a token of his guilt well before the trial had even started ...

Whereas she once saw him well-hung in her private chambers, he no longer enjoys her patronage.   

never heard of her owning one of his paintings..and she would have no sway over anyone else taking them down..he has lost enough face as I am sure he isnt selling many now..

I think that could be the least of his worries.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #400 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 8:16am

cods wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 7:56am:
Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 7:22am:

Whereas she once saw him well-hung in her private chambers, he no longer enjoys her patronage.   

never heard of her owning one of his paintings..

"The portrait hung in the Queen’s Gallery, attached to the south-west wing of the Palace, until 2007 when it was loaned to the Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool for several years.

The painting left the gallery in August last year.

In November, Harris was first questioned by police involved in the Operation Yewtree inquiry, set up following the Jimmy Savile scandal, a process that has led to him being charged with nine counts of indecent assault and four of making indecent images of children".

cods wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 7:56am:
and she would have no sway over anyone else taking them down..

Huh Huh? "Houston to cods? ... Houston to cods? .... she's the Queen".

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #401 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 10:31am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 8:16am:
osted by: Lord Herbert        Posted on: Today at 8:16am
cods wrote Today at 7:56am:
Lord Herbert wrote Today at 7:22am:

never heard of her owning one of his paintings..

"The portrait hung in the Queen’s Gallery, attached to the south-west wing of the Palace, until 2007 when it was loaned to the Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool for several years.

The painting left the gallery in August last year.

In November, Harris was first questioned by police involved in the Operation Yewtree inquiry, set up following the Jimmy Savile scandal, a process that has led to him being charged with nine counts of indecent assault and four of making indecent images of children".

you are talking,one pic..hardly anything to write home about and would she have commissioned it??.. he probably gave it to her..

cods wrote Today at 7:56am:
and she would have no sway over anyone else taking them down..

Huh? "Houston to cods? ... Houston to cods? .... she's the Queen".

I was referring to all those removed around the country.. do you really think she knows whats hung on all the walls.. really???..

I just cant see her stamping round the palace demanding this and that be removed...

I am sure she is above doing anything like that.

after all he hasnt been found guilty has he?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #402 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 11:38am

How can it be a bet each way when I have stated that I reckon the Jury will let him go?

IP Logged

Quantum
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #403 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 12:48pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 11:38am:

How can it be a bet each way when I have stated that I reckon the Jury will let him go?

Because no matter what happens you win.

If he is found guilty; Dirty bastard who touches little kids.
If he is found innocent; Jury wrongly let the dirty bastard who touches little kids off because of "sympathy for an old bloke, reverence to his long and successful career and a bit of rub-off from his clear close association with the Queen." 

What ever way the Jury goes you will still be able to claim you called it right.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #404 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 1:26pm

I don't think the Jury will let him go Aussie. Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 95
Send Topic Print