Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 95
Send Topic Print
Rolf facing the music (Read 107760 times)
ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Rolf facing the music
Reply #420 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 8:18pm

cods wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 7:54pm:
[
I have often thought if that was me...and I was worshipped like he was/is.. I think I would have looked to find a settlement...he could have said he was too sick and old to face this..

if it was more than touchy feely I wouldnt have a bar of not seeing it through.. but it doesn t look as if it is.....so I am wondering what possessed him to take the route..surely he could have paid them and apologised..I dont know.. seems to me he paying a huge price no matter what the outcome..bet he doesnt get any more invited to the Paladium..
The police charge you with a criminal offense then you go to court, paying off potential witnesses is illegal Cods. Sometimes you post as if you live on another planet.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #421 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 8:41pm

No more dinners at the palace?  Damn - I must mention that to Liz next time we're sitting down to a fine repast....

"I say, Old Girl", he said fondly, "What'ya think about having Rolf over for tannis.. errr.. tennis?"

Lilibut carefully placed her fork on the side of the plate and an attendant quickly and discreetly replaced it with a fresh one.... slowly she raised her eyes until they met The Grappler's directly,

"One is not entirely sure that would be a good idea... given the current circumstances, don't'ye think?  I think old Rolfie has hung his balls in the wrong place one or fifty times too many.... and will not be welcome at Ascot again.. let alone Cambridge!  Philip will support me on this, won't you, dear?"

"Har-rumph, of course.. of course!""

"Well, if you say so, of course, Your Majesty.  Just asking, y'know... perhaps a little forgiveness?!"

Philip drew a long sip on his fine wine, and gave a rather fierceand inconspicuous to Liz look at The Grappler... really old boy, that IS going a bit far.......y'know?.. said his eyes and expression.... at the other end of the table Young Harry coughed discreetly.... and tried his best to hold a laugh... Liz paused and took up the new fork...

"Yes - thank you for doing so.... Sir Grappler.... now let us proceed with dinner."

"M'um!"

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #422 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 9:00pm

cods wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 7:51pm:
Emma wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 6:43pm:
I will click here next.. but I do agree Aussie...

And... not only Juries do unexpected things .. so do Judges.

I was personally involved in a legal matter...  the Judge virtually directed the Jury to find for guilty.... ( a position of punishment held, which was later reflected in his sentencing )   

The Jury did not find guilt in all major charges...and only found guilty on the least charge...  common assault.

The Judge was not happy,  and at sentencing the decision
meant he couldn't sentence to jail or any really punitive imposts... 

the defendant had an absolutely clean record...  nothing ever...  the Prosecutor sought the softest possible outcome,  and  the Judge , altho only imposing a 2 yr good behaviour bond.. (much to his disgust) insisted on recording the conviction for assault on the defendants record.

So now... this person has a criminal record... who had only sought to protect themselves from a psycho killer....

and this person faces various ramifications as a result.  Including such things a difficulty in getting insurance.. .

all because of the malice of a Judge. 

SO
the point???

NEVER expect you will know what the outcome of legal matters will be..
It is nearly always,  NOT  what was hoped for or expected.

I trust this person took the matter further.. or at least his lawyer did..

judges are there to follow the rules of law.. and if the jury found the person not guilty then the judge has no right to inflict punishment that is inappropriate a recording of a conviction can do much harm to a persons lively hood..

no one should settle for that it sounds like victimisation..

its bad enough if its warranted but if its because of a judge takes a dislike to you...

thats isnt justice..

like I said when a sentence is over turned its because of the judge.. what he did or didnt do..

they are judges for sure but that doesnt mean they can take the law into their own hands.. anymore than you or I can.

throw the book at him..

To follow-up..

Yes,.. an Appeal was heard .. against the recording of the conviction.

The three Judges indicated that, altho they may not have chosen to do as the original Judge did,  he did not act outside the powers of his position.
Appeal dismissed.

live every day

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #423 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 9:12pm

"Not manifestly excessive," would have been the ringing words.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #424 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 9:56pm

ian wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 8:18pm:
[
I have often thought if that was me...and I was worshipped like he was/is.. I think I would have looked to find a settlement...he could have said he was too sick and old to face this..

if it was more than touchy feely I wouldnt have a bar of not seeing it through.. but it doesn t look as if it is.....so I am wondering what possessed him to take the route..surely he could have paid them and apologised..I dont know.. seems to me he paying a huge price no matter what the outcome..bet he doesnt get any more invited to the Paladium..
The police charge you with a criminal offense then you go to court, paying off potential witnesses is illegal Cods. Sometimes you post as if you live on another planet.

well I dont usually bother with you...I dont like you.. but as it is.. his lawyers would have done the talking..and yes people do do deals.. and they are not witness' they are VICTIMS of sexual abuse...or as its now called indecent assault..

they can withdraw the charges... now off you go. Cheesy

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #425 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 10:56pm

red baron wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 7:36pm:
Whatever the verdict the jury brings in, one thing is for certain. Rolf Harris' reputation is smashed beyond repair already.

Does anyone out there seriously think that if Rolf gets a 'Not Guilty', that a huge part of the population already has him hung, drawn and quartered will change their minds about him?

This episode in his life, will kill him as surely as a spear through the heart.

You don't walk away from something of this scope without damage, lots of it.

Absolute classic  Grin   You, and the likes of Aussie, have a very very average requirement to be correct in any circumstance. Will you ever welcome yourself to the real world?

Can't you see that we see through your BS?

It's the epitome of dumbass and uselessness is it not? Grin
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2014 at 11:21pm by Amadd »  

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #426 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 11:03pm

cods wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 9:56pm:
[

well I dont usually bother with you...I dont like you.. but as it is.. his lawyers would have done the talking..and yes people do do deals.. and they are not witness' they are VICTIMS of sexual abuse...or as its now called indecent assault..

Incorrect Cods, once they get interveiwed by police they are witnesses. and you can not tamper with witnesses. There are no "deals" , unless you watch television, but unfortanetely  we are talking about real life. Now off you go.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #427 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 11:29pm

cods wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 9:56pm:
[

Now it's time to put yourself on the line....if you have the balls to do so.
The real filthy creeps are the ones who lurk here.
The ones who are totally devoid of any talent whatsoever, and the ones who have a desperate need to take down those who have displayed a very certain worth to the world.

I am beyond doubt that Rolf has in his heart a desire for the love of all mankind, which has (IMO) been displayed within his artful life.
If you can do any better, then please let me know.

I doubt that you could imagine bringing any more worth to yourself than bringing down the talent that you yourself had once desired.
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2014 at 11:42pm by Amadd »  

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #428 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 11:56pm

Amadd wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 11:29pm:
Now it's time to put yourself on the line....if you have the balls to do so.
The ones who are totally devoid of any talent whatsoever, and the ones who have a desperate need to take down those who have displayed a very certain worth to the world.

I am beyond doubt that Rolf has in his heart a desire for the love of all mankind, which has (IMO) been displayed within his artful life.
If you can do any better, then please let me know.

I doubt that you could imagine bringing any more worth to yourself than bringing down the talent that you yourself had once desired.

WELL - that's rather put a damper on the evening, hasn't it?  Was it my salmon mousse or just the fish sauce  - both South African, I'm afraid...

(**down at the downtown Academy Award of OzPolitic).....

"and the winning entry for this year's Greatest and Most Rambling Generalisation... goes to.... (drrrrruummm rrrrrrrrrroooooollll).......

"Now it's time to put yourself on the line....if you have the balls to do so.
The ones who are totally devoid of any talent whatsoever, and the ones who have a desperate need to take down those who have displayed a very certain worth to the world."

**winner tap-dances humbly, cart-wheeling all the way in a very self-effacing manner..

"Phew.. I'm.. I'm overwhelmed.  What can I say?  Mum.. Dad.. yeah.. you had a part in it.. or dad had a part in.. well, you know.. but... hey.. look.. this is the culmination of my career as a writer on OzPolitic, and I.. ahhh.. well, I really think I can never go any better... but remember that old adage.. The Best Is Yet To come!  Thank you... thank you all!  Love yez all.... well.. apart from the real filthy creeps I named.... the ones devoid of talent, etc......  thank you all again for this wonderful award!"

Triumphal music as the Winner strides manfully back to his seat waving to his adoring fans..... blowing kisses.... waving his Oscar in the air....  the auditorium quietens again after a time...

".... and now, to present our Academy Award for the Greatest Wankel Engine of 2014, let me introduce...."

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

The Mole
Gold Member

http://www.ozpolitic
.co/album/forum-atta
chments/y

Reply #429 - Jun 11th, 2014 at 12:05am

Really doesn't matter if he lived a long and successful life , grew to a ripe old age in comfort , was held in high esteem by his peers, nor that he has lived charmed and privileged life..fact is he used to position and status to touch/molest, and take advantage of kid's.

He deserves whatever is coming his way. Why does his celebrity afford him any protection at all? It doesn't!

He is treacherous pig who now has to face the music and it should have happened years before when he still had something to lose.  Cool
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2014 at 12:12am by The Mole »  

"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave"

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #430 - Jun 11th, 2014 at 12:18am

The Mole wrote on Jun 11th, 2014 at 12:05am:
Really doesn't matter if he lived a long and successful life , grew to a ripe old age in comfort , was held in high esteem by his peers, nor that he has lived charmed and privileged life..fact is he used to position and status to touch/molest, and take advantage of kid's.

He deserves whatever is coming his way. Why does his celebrity afford him any protection at all? It doesn't!

He is treacherous pig who now has to face the music and it should have happened years before when he still had something to lose.  Cool

Yes he is treacherous to your kind. And you shall live where you deserve.
I shall support Rolf in the destruction of your kind.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #431 - Jun 11th, 2014 at 12:33am

But it's OK. Let's not make any comparisons to the millions of deaths accrued from the US wars in the name of...in the name of...umm..?

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #432 - Jun 11th, 2014 at 12:43am

He will be found not guilty, but never in the eyes of the talentless and worthlessness.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #433 - Jun 11th, 2014 at 12:47am

The Mole wrote on Jun 11th, 2014 at 12:05am:

Sad but true... the creepy fhead is so old its a wonder he's not already dead.  At his age.. he has NOTHING to lose... 

too bad.. if proven guilty,, there really is no appropriate sentence... and his 'alleged' victims will continue to live with the outcomes. Sad

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #434 - Jun 11th, 2014 at 12:51am

and Amadd ???

yur kind are dinosaurs, who will eventually die out.. 
Not soon enough sadly. Sad Angry

live every day

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 95
Send Topic Print