Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 95
Send Topic Print
Rolf facing the music (Read 107708 times)
sherri
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne, Australia
Re: Rolf facing the music
Reply #435 - Jun 11th, 2014 at 7:27am

Amadd wrote on Jun 11th, 2014 at 12:43am:
He will be found not guilty, but never in the eyes of the talentless and worthlessness.

What are you implying? That a person with talent and other worthy attributes, such as Rolf, is a real hero and would never be guilty of wrongdoing? That only the hoi polloi could think so?

Or that if he is found not guilty, that anyone who still harbours suspicions about Rolf must be a talentless and unworthy sort of person (probably just jealous of their betters)

Or that being found not guilty in a court of law is always a 100% accurate reflection of reality and the law never gets it wrong, the guilty never escape conviction because of a lack of evidence?

Not saying Harris is necessarily guilty (although I suspect he has been a bit sleazy), just wondering why you think no one can even be allowed to doubt his innocence.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #436 - Jun 11th, 2014 at 7:37am

In the Crown Prosecutor's summing up Rolf has been labelled a 'Sinister pervert who can't cajole, bully or sing his way out of the charges' sounds about right.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #437 - Jun 11th, 2014 at 8:04am

Emma wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 9:00pm:
cods wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 7:51pm:
Emma wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 6:43pm:
I will click here next.. but I do agree Aussie...

And... not only Juries do unexpected things .. so do Judges.

I was personally involved in a legal matter...  the Judge virtually directed the Jury to find for guilty.... ( a position of punishment held, which was later reflected in his sentencing )   

The Jury did not find guilt in all major charges...and only found guilty on the least charge...  common assault.

The Judge was not happy,  and at sentencing the decision
meant he couldn't sentence to jail or any really punitive imposts... 

the defendant had an absolutely clean record...  nothing ever...  the Prosecutor sought the softest possible outcome,  and  the Judge , altho only imposing a 2 yr good behaviour bond.. (much to his disgust) insisted on recording the conviction for assault on the defendants record.

So now... this person has a criminal record... who had only sought to protect themselves from a psycho killer....

and this person faces various ramifications as a result.  Including such things a difficulty in getting insurance.. .

all because of the malice of a Judge. 

SO
the point???

NEVER expect you will know what the outcome of legal matters will be..
It is nearly always,  NOT  what was hoped for or expected.

I trust this person took the matter further.. or at least his lawyer did..

judges are there to follow the rules of law.. and if the jury found the person not guilty then the judge has no right to inflict punishment that is inappropriate a recording of a conviction can do much harm to a persons lively hood..

no one should settle for that it sounds like victimisation..

its bad enough if its warranted but if its because of a judge takes a dislike to you...

thats isnt justice..

like I said when a sentence is over turned its because of the judge.. what he did or didnt do..

they are judges for sure but that doesnt mean they can take the law into their own hands.. anymore than you or I can.

throw the book at him..

To follow-up..

Yes,.. an Appeal was heard .. against the recording of the conviction.

The three Judges indicated that, altho they may not have chosen to do as the original Judge did,  he did not act outside the powers of his position.
Appeal dismissed. 

I have to say I find that shocking.. I dont have any faith in justice in this country...but I would have to ask about the quality of his lawyers..seems very unfair.. a record is a record..common assault isnt something we should take lightly....

but he may as well have done a murder..when there is no previous........this is very harsh and I am very sorry to hear that..

but even I know judges do get it wrong...they are only human. Angry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #438 - Jun 11th, 2014 at 8:10am

red baron wrote on Jun 11th, 2014 at 7:37am:
In the Crown Prosecutor's summing up Rolf has been labelled a 'Sinister pervert who can't cajole, bully or sing his way out of the charges' sounds about right.

at the end of the day... they would have had many complaints but they can only go with the ones that have a chance in the court....this is the trouble this sort of thing,

its done by stealth..it doesnt have witness' and who in their right mind would have been looking to see if Rolfs hands were wandering???..... it wouldnt happen..he was called the octopus after all ....come on???????????... he wouldnt have had that pet name for nothing..

someone knew something...what they may not have known is about the age of some of the victims..

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #439 - Jun 11th, 2014 at 8:40am

cods wrote on Jun 11th, 2014 at 8:04am:
[
I have to say I find that shocking.. I dont have any faith in justice in this country...but I would have to ask about the quality of his lawyers..seems very unfair.. a record is a record..common assault isnt something we should take lightly....

but he may as well have done a murder..when there is no previous........this is very harsh and I am very sorry to hear that..

You have showed very clearly that you know almost nothing about the law and choose not to educate yourself before commenting, your comments on this matter are worthless.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #440 - Jun 11th, 2014 at 8:58am

ian wrote on Jun 11th, 2014 at 8:40am:
cods wrote on Jun 11th, 2014 at 8:04am:
[

You have showed very clearly that you know almost nothing about the law and choose not to educate yourself before commenting, your comments on this matter are worthless.

yeah pretty much my take on you.

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #441 - Jun 11th, 2014 at 10:00am

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #442 - Jun 11th, 2014 at 10:02am

Concentrate on your knitting Cods, then have a bex and a good lie down. Best not to get too involved with things which tax your limited mental resources.

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #443 - Jun 11th, 2014 at 10:15am

Emma wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 6:43pm:
I will click here next.. but I do agree Aussie...

And... not only Juries do unexpected things .. so do Judges.

I was personally involved in a legal matter...  the Judge virtually directed the Jury to find for guilty.... ( a position of punishment held, which was later reflected in his sentencing )   

The Jury did not find guilt in all major charges...and only found guilty on the least charge...  common assault.

The Judge was not happy,  and at sentencing the decision
meant he couldn't sentence to jail or any really punitive imposts... 

the defendant had an absolutely clean record...  nothing ever...  the Prosecutor sought the softest possible outcome,  and  the Judge , altho only imposing a 2 yr good behaviour bond.. (much to his disgust) insisted on recording the conviction for assault on the defendants record.

So now... this person has a criminal record... who had only sought to protect themselves from a psycho killer....

and this person faces various ramifications as a result.  Including such things a difficulty in getting insurance.. .

all because of the malice of a Judge. 

SO
the point???

NEVER expect you will know what the outcome of legal matters will be..
It is nearly always,  NOT  what was hoped for or expected.

Out of interest I'd like to read the original court sentencing transcript......in which state and what year did it occur????  Respect if you do not wish to divulge.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #444 - Jun 11th, 2014 at 11:11am

Celebrity doesn't give him any special privileges, nor does it give society the right to dismiss his life's work as worthless and unimportant at a whim.

A Perth council of chambers takes down his portraits...society will not accept the court's finding no matter which way it goes. If he is found guilty, the punishment will never be enough.
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2014 at 11:40am by Amadd »  

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #445 - Jun 11th, 2014 at 5:21pm

Amadd wrote on Jun 11th, 2014 at 11:11am:
Celebrity doesn't give him any special privileges, nor does it give society the right to dismiss his life's work as worthless and unimportant at a whim.

A Perth council of chambers takes down his portraits...society will not accept the court's finding no matter which way it goes. If he is found guilty, the punishment will never be enough.

its very very sad.. but as a grown man   he shouldnt have done what he has been accused of..
he isnt brain damaged...

what on earth was he thinking every time he touched a child where he had no business touching her

it went on over almost 20 years...

unless you have been molested as a child.. we can never really understand what it has been like for them...and to have sympathy for the perp... well  Im sorry but my thoughts are with the victims...he was an adult they were kids....

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #446 - Jun 11th, 2014 at 10:08pm

cods wrote on Jun 11th, 2014 at 5:21pm:
Amadd wrote on Jun 11th, 2014 at 11:11am:

its very very sad.. but as a grown man   he shouldnt have done what he has been accused of..
he isnt brain damaged...

what on earth was he thinking every time he touched a child where he had no business touching her

it went on over almost 20 years...

unless you have been molested as a child.. we can never really understand what it has been like for them...and to have sympathy for the perp... well  Im sorry but my thoughts are with the victims...he was an adult they were kids....

Cods.. darling - you can't simultaneously be accused of something and also guilty of it....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #447 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 12:38am

huh?

why can't you be accused AND Guilty.??
huh?
pls explain

live every day

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #448 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 12:58am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 11th, 2014 at 10:08pm:

Cods.. darling - you can't simultaneously be accused of something and also guilty of it....

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hand-gestures/facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emo...

In the world of Cods anything is possible.

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #449 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 1:00am

Emma wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 12:38am:
huh?

why can't you be accused AND Guilty.??
huh?
pls explain

Jesus H. Try simple logic.