Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 95
Send Topic Print
Rolf facing the music (Read 107699 times)
ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Rolf facing the music
Reply #480 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 8:54pm

bump

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #481 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 9:33pm

Kids.. don't listen to alinta... alinta  is Ian ... oh oh  thats right it IS IAN...not ALINTA, 

Ian.. take your own advice

Cods..??  send PM to Alinta.. who made comment earlier... youm will IAN.

How DO you do that Ian.. have more than one id on this forum???

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #482 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 9:36pm

Emma wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 1:07am:
I am NOT talking about a legal outcome...  obviously... 
an accused must be FOUND guilty after the legal machine has churned.
You definitely  can be accused and guilty of same. 

The Court decides the guilt..or not...

anyone can be accused of crimes...  guilty or not....

logic says that to ME anyway. Tongue

Hey Ian/Alinta... care to explain your abusive comments..???
Care to explain how you have at least @ IDs here on the forum..???? 

NOT TALKING LEGAL.. TALKING STREET.

Such deceit is unworthy. Grin

live every day

IP Logged

True Blue...
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #483 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 9:41pm

oh hang on a minute.. let me go get a Box of Popcorn...  Grin

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"

Benjamin Franklin

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #484 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 9:42pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 7:30pm:
cods...think about it.  is there any evidence at all which supports what either the women say or what Harris says?  Does it not all come down to her word against his, and would you be happy to see yourself convicted of abusing a male child when he was 13 when that child only ever raised any complaint until many years later, or even if they made the complaint immediately.

He says you did.  You know you did not.  You get charged.  All you can do is sit in a witness box and say, "I did not do that."

Would you expect that the word of just one other person had greater weight than your own, especially when your freedom was at stake?  Would you hope that the system would not put your freedom in jeopardy on the word of just one person?

In fact, it does.....corroboration.  Google it.

Aussie... IT IS NOT just one person.  No Court in the Commonwealth would consider pursuing a case when it is just 'he said ..she said'.  You know that, so what is this posting about,..??  Putting down Cods..??
I am disappointed with that response. Sad

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #485 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 9:44pm

Sparky wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 7:10pm:
ian wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 7:07pm:
I hope you all got my joke about the pet dogs. rolf , rolf !!
I didn't know you were into bestiality. I thought you like kids.

Indeed the Rolf defenders must have a personal axe to grind... else they'd stay shtumm.!!!

live every day

IP Logged

hazy123

Australian Politics

Reply #486 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 9:46pm

Bump... Thats what Ian has in his trousers when he walks past primary schools! Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #487 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 9:46pm

Emma wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 9:42pm:
cods...think about it.  is there any evidence at all which supports what either the women say or what Harris says?  Does it not all come down to her word against his, and would you be happy to see yourself convicted of abusing a male child when he was 13 when that child only ever raised any complaint until many years later, or even if they made the complaint immediately.

He says you did.  You know you did not.  You get charged.  All you can do is sit in a witness box and say, "I did not do that."

Would you expect that the word of just one other person had greater weight than your own, especially when your freedom was at stake?  Would you hope that the system would not put your freedom in jeopardy on the word of just one person?

Aussie... IT IS NOT just one person.  No Court in the Commonwealth would consider pursuing a case when it is just 'he said ..she said'.  You know that, so what is this posting about,..??  Putting down Cods..??

Emma, there is not one piece of evidence (unless I've missed it) which corroborates what the complainants allege against Harris. Juries are still able to convict without that corroboration but the standard direction the Judge will give is that...........it is dangerous to convict in the absence of corroboration.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #488 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 9:47pm

Alinta wrote on Jun 11th, 2014 at 10:15am:
[quote author=jalane3311@yahoo.c link=1399888262/415#415 date=1402389802Out of interest I'd like to read the original court sentencing transcript......in which state and what year did it occur????  Respect if you do not wish to divulge.

No Ian.. I have no wish to divulge ANYTHING to you...

live every day

IP Logged

True Blue...
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #489 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 9:49pm

Emma wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 9:47pm:
Alinta wrote on Jun 11th, 2014 at 10:15am:
[quote author=jalane3311@yahoo.c link=1399888262/415#415 date=1402389802Out of interest I'd like to read the original court sentencing transcript......in which state and what year did it occur????  Respect if you do not wish to divulge.

No Ian.. I have no wish to divulge ANYTHING to you... 

come on ian... you bumped this thread.. we know that your looking in...  Grin

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"

Benjamin Franklin

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #490 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 9:55pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 9:46pm:
Emma wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 9:42pm:

Emma, there is not one piece of evidence (unless I've missed it) which corroborates what the complainants allege against Harris. Juries are still able to convict without that corroboration but the standard direction the Judge will give is that...........it is dangerous to convict in the absence of corroboration.

Well in this case... if you have  4-6 people , or more,, saying the same thing...  people who did not know each other, but who have made statements, contemporaneous,  then it is 'corroboration'.

So  what evidence (as Cods asks) can one expect after all this time.? 

Similar/identical reports from several unrelated sources is corroboration.. in Law.
LOOK IT UP.

live every day

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #491 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 10:05pm

Quote:
Well in this case... if you have  4-6 people , or more,, saying the same thing...  people who did not know each other, but who have made statements, contemporaneous,  then it is 'corroboration'.

Similar/identical reports from several unrelated sources is corroboration.. in Law.
LOOK IT UP.

I don't need to.  Just because Mary reckons John abused her, and so does Jane, does not provide corroboration for either allegation against John.  The Judge will make quite firm directions to the Jury along those lines. 

This is an inherent danger in running Trials on multiple charges from different complainants, and the Law needs to take care not to allow an injustice to occur.

As for your question about what can the alleged victim do.  Well, they do what they have done.  Make allegations, and give evidence at a Trial.  That is as much as they can do.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #492 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 10:07pm

EXACTLY

They can ONLY give evidence.
But you'll find...  the more people who say the same ,, the more the Court will consider their EVIDENCE.

live every day

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #493 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 10:30pm

True Blue... wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 9:41pm:
oh hang on a minute.. let me go get a Box of Popcorn...  Grin

.. freshly microwaved and a cold beer....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #494 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 10:46pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 10:05pm:
Quote:

LOOK IT UP.

I don't need to.  Just because Mary reckons John abused her, and so does Jane, does not provide corroboration for either allegation against John.  The Judge will make quite firm directions to the Jury along those lines. 

This is an inherent danger in running Trials on multiple charges from different complainants, and the Law needs to take care not to allow an injustice to occur.

As for your question about what can the alleged victim do.  Well, they do what they have done.  Make allegations, and give evidence at a Trial.  That is as much as they can do.

Respecting your knowledge Aussie given you probably know more than most here regards law I also thought the same as Emma, given multi individuals have similar accusations and there is no evidence they collaborated  I would have thought Harris is in the sh it. That said if I were him I would certainly want some solid evidence presented.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 95
Send Topic Print