Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 95
Send Topic Print
Rolf facing the music (Read 107701 times)
ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Rolf facing the music
Reply #495 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 10:56pm

Emma wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 9:47pm:
Alinta wrote on Jun 11th, 2014 at 10:15am:
[quote author=jalane3311@yahoo.c link=1399888262/415#415 date=1402389802Out of interest I'd like to read the original court sentencing transcript......in which state and what year did it occur????  Respect if you do not wish to divulge.

No Ian.. I have no wish to divulge ANYTHING to you... 

You are hilarious. I am not Alina you nitwit.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #496 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 11:13pm

yes.. well .. if I were him.. i wuldn't want that!!.

Not gonna happen in this matter.

So.. the onus of proof ..rests with the deliberations of the Judge. What does the totality of the evidence say to the Judge.
IF he/she can see  consistent, contemporaneous and compelling evidence that these things happened to multiple people.. there is little choice .. for the Judge.

OH is there a JURY involved in this..?

As you can tell,  I am not an aciduous follower of this case... it is one of too many.. the principle matters!!  The Ruling of the Judge MATTERS.

Our input is irrelevant,  but an interesting dilemma for all.

Old news.. getting older.. that some men abuse children,  'cos they can.. and they feel entitled.. 

Male Logic..?  or malicious? Do these Men hate all females.. but are only brave enough to assault children,.???

or?
do they believe in Male Supremacy..  they can do no wrong.???

It is sickening to hear ..but prevalent here.. on the Forum.

« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2014 at 11:28pm by Emma »  

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #497 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 11:15pm

chunk

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #498 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 11:16pm

ian wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 10:56pm:
Emma wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 9:47pm:
Alinta wrote on Jun 11th, 2014 at 10:15am:
[quote author=jalane3311@yahoo.c link=1399888262/415#415 date=1402389802Out of interest I'd like to read the original court sentencing transcript......in which state and what year did it occur????  Respect if you do not wish to divulge.

No Ian.. I have no wish to divulge ANYTHING to you... 

You are hilarious. I am not Alina you nitwit.

So how is it possible that I PM Alinta...  and I get Ian.???

Please explain.!!  MODS..??? 

Any comments..???

live every day

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #499 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 11:20pm

We can't blame some men for hating females Emma,  your ex for example.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #500 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 11:36pm

weak weak weak

I still want to know how I can PM Alinta ,, and get IAN.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #501 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 11:40pm

I would appreciate a response from the Mod.. 

when you get around to it.. can you pls check this out..??

live every day

IP Logged

Quantum
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #502 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 12:14am

Emma wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 11:36pm:
weak weak weak

I still want to know how I can PM Alinta ,, and get IAN.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Probably because you fuked up and sent a PM to the wrong person.

IP Logged

Quantum
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #503 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 12:19am

cods wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 7:18pm:
Quantum wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
cods wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 5:59pm:
Amadd wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 11:42am:
cods wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 9:28am:
I am sure some find it funny you find child abuse funny..and think you are witty.. sorry but your not..

I don't think there's anything wrong with adding a bit of humour. It's an under-exploited tool for dealing with difficult situations.

On the balance of evidence given, I'd say it's about a 65/35 probability that Rolf has at least overstepped the mark with a girl/girls not of legal age. I'd also reckon it's about a 90% chance that he was nowhere near the monster that the prosecution is trying to portray.
It will be a difficult decision for the jury either way, but the lack of hard evidence gives cause for doubt.

its only the males on here though have you noticed??...perhaps they have a few dark secrets of their own who knows..

what do you call a monster..

if he just let his hands rove over her body the fact she was a child shouldnt matter...

is that what you think??...

just what sort of HARD EVIDENCE do you guys have in mind.. when a child is involved and that child has since grown up and found the courage to speak out????

what sort of HARD EVIDENCE should that child have had....to prove a dirty old man thought it was his right to run his hand over her body???..

I am just interested and this has come up before regarding evidence in cases of child sexual abuse

perhaps you can tell me what evidence was/is being produced at the Royal into child abuse...

I am scratching my head to think of something

to think what would sway the judge in the  "Court of Amadd".. thats all

So if a women says "that man touched me as a child 30 years ago" we should just take her word for it and lock the man up? No evidence needed. If a women says a man harmed her then it must be true.

I hope you never have, or never will, sit on a jury. 

so what evidence are you looking for???

as I have already said... its his word against hers..isnt that always the case...

yet some keep calling for evidence.. I am just curious to know what sort of evidence they or you would claim is reasonable evidence..

thats all..

or are you saying.. any child that is molested..has to go to the police on the spot.. or never mention it again...

which of course gives most touchy feely men free reign..

he knows he can do anything

a bit strange..

have you seen any evidence in this case????...

and has Rolf been given a right of reply and deny???....

you are the one making accusations.. I am just asking what evidence would satisfy amadd.

So you are happy to see a man locked away because a women says he did the wrong thing to her? As she can't provide any evidence she should just be trusted? I can't see how your posts can be taken any other way.

If she makes an accusation and can't back it up, why should any man have his life ruined based on just her word?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #504 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 5:02am

That's why we have what are alleged to be courts and a Rule of Law.... to allegedly sift through these things and arrive at allegedly legally proven 'fact'.

(My level of trust in the legal system shows clearly here - in reality it is nothing more than a component of one of the weights in Grappler's Bar-Bell - on the one side, the weight is made up of government and its agencies and lap-dogs (sic) all of which constitute a monolithic social structure..... on the other side is the criminal community, which separately and together also constitute a monolithic social structure - the bar and the Atlas hero/heroine holding the whole thing up, carrying the weight, is the ordinary person (repeat as many times as necessary)..... should Atlas shrug, anything can happen - perhaps a clean out the jerks on an Olympian scale?).

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #505 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 5:22am

already asked and answered.

live every day

IP Logged

True Blue...
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #506 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 7:13am

maybe we need a new thread called...

ian facing the music

Grin

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"

Benjamin Franklin

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #507 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 8:23am

Aussie wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 10:05pm:
Quote:
Well in this case... if you have  4-6 people , or more,, saying the same thing...  people who did not know each other, but who have made statements, contemporaneous,  then it is 'corroboration'.

So  what evidence (as Cods asks) can one expect after all this time.?

Similar/identical reports from several unrelated sources is corroboration.. in Law.
LOOK IT UP.

I don't need to.  Just because Mary reckons John abused her, and so does Jane, does not provide corroboration for either allegation against John.  The Judge will make quite firm directions to the Jury along those lines. 

This is an inherent danger in running Trials on multiple charges from different complainants, and the Law needs to take care not to allow an injustice to occur.

As for your question about what can the alleged victim do.  Well, they do what they have done.  Make allegations, and give evidence at a Trial.  That is as much as they can do.

so basically the Royal into sexual abuse of children,... is a complete waste of time...

its all adults making accusations without corroboration... against   mainly priests for goodness sake..of something allegedly that happened when they were a child.

who would you believe????????????????

your saying it doesnt matter how many make the almost same allegation...

the judge will make firm directions to the jury...like what, for instance ?

to ignore that small detail????????????

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #508 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 8:29am

So you are happy to see a man locked away because a women says he did the wrong thing to her? As she can't provide any evidence she should just be trusted? I can't see how your posts can be taken any other way.

If she makes an accusation and can't back it up, why should any man have his life ruined based on just her word?

your comprehension isnt good is it..

I dont recall saying he is guilty and I dont recall saying she is innocent..

all I am asking is

if you were the judge what evidence would you ask the victim to provide..

you are the one claiming there is no evidence...so he must be found not guilty..

I dont need your little comments about what I may and may not be HAPPY about

...I am just putting in my opinion just like everyone else...

so if you havent got an answer..which I presume you havent as you keep coming back with another.. ho hum post..

c an you not just say so...

I think a few others would like to know.. 

exactly what evidence a child should collect when they are being groped.... Angry Angry

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #509 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 9:11am

Rolf Harris has already received his punishment.

It's now time for him to fork out some of his fortune to compensate the girls for his grubby groping, flirtatious fingering, and tit-titillating digital indiscretions.   

Is it for cultural reasons that Harris finds himself in the hot-seat?

How many other cultures are there that would think nothing of him having fondled a little flesh from time to time?

Just curious.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 95
Send Topic Print